• Thread starter LeGeNd-1
  • 84 comments

LeGeNd-1

Premium
Australia
Australia
GTP_LeGeNd-1
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if there are any rare cars in GT2 from the used car lots in East City which are worth the wait to get it. I want to start a collection and I need help determining which cars are rare and worthy to keep. I don't collect cars which you can buy anytime from the dealer because if you want to drive them you could just buy them anytime as long as you have enough credits. And if you could get them anytime I don't think it classifies as a "collectible" car.

Can anyone give me a list on these rare cars?

Thanks in advance & GT2 forum rock on! 👍

Last edited:
There are more than 30 Rare/Hidden cars in GT2, You can't buy or win them though, You have to hack them out of the disc to your memory card, Or buy a Dexdrive to get them from me or someone else...:---)

What's rare about them? You can win or buy all of them, Try finding some of these!

Attachments

• 328ci-2.JPG
    328ci-2.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 1,295
  • GT40%20MkIII.JPG
    GT40%20MkIII.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,309
  • GT500KR(green)-1.jpg
    GT500KR(green)-1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,127
  • Mazda%20D-Rights.JPG
    Mazda%20D-Rights.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,137
  • Mazda%20323%20rally.jpg
    Mazda%20323%20rally.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,110
  • Nissan%20C-Class%20Touring%20Car.JPG
    Nissan%20C-Class%20Touring%20Car.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,188
  • Nissan%20D-Rights.JPG
    Nissan%20D-Rights.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 1,113
  • mugen%20accord.JPG
    mugen%20accord.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,145
  • Mercedes-CLK-1.jpg
    Mercedes-CLK-1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,131
  • jag-1.JPG
    jag-1.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,186
  • VW%20Polo.JPG
    VW%20Polo.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,122
  • Toyota%20Prius.JPG
    Toyota%20Prius.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,141
  • rex-1.JPG
    rex-1.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,106
  • Rex%20Supercharger-1.jpg
    Rex%20Supercharger-1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,144
  • Nissan%20GT-R.JPG
    Nissan%20GT-R.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,168
The only ones in there that I've been able to hack out is the GT40 Mk. III and the GT500KR. What are the Jag and BMW Cab.?

Actually Hybrid, you forgot the original way to find rare cars: wait for them. There are plenty of rare cars in the used car lot that you can buy..i think you have "hidden" and "rare" confused.

Anyways, to answer your question LeGeNd-1, try searching the Nissan lot for the '71 Datsun 240Z. It's a bit slow at first, but since it's so light, you can turn it into a screamer. Another fave is the '83 Mazda RX7...same deal but i think hte Mazda starts off slightly more aggressive. Lots of people like the Subaru Impreza 22B...which i've personally never driven. This car and the '71 Skyline are the rarest cars in gT2.

i never knew that there were hidden cars in GT2.....i thought i already saw all of them, but i guess now

I wouldn't say the Skyline is the rarest, but it is hard to find. I will take a look
tomorrow and see if I can make a list of rare cars. And about the 83 RX-7,
the is a fast car when you max it out, makes about 430HP and the weight is
about 2000LB. And the 22B makes about 530HP and has a weight of about 2350LB.

I wouldn't say the Skyline is the rarest, but it is hard to find. I will take a look
tomorrow and see if I can make a list of rare cars. And about the 83 RX-7,
the is a fast car when you max it out, makes about 430HP and the weight is
about 2000LB. And the 22B makes about 530HP and has a weight of about 2350LB.

Yeah that '71 Skyline isn't the rarest, but since it's always at the bottom of the Nissan lot, it certainly is easy to overlook.

Oh, i almost forgot: the Subaru 360!! Actually, i don't recommend this one for you, GeNeTd-1...unless you're awfully talented. This car is REAL slow. But a novelty nonetheless.

And i've said this before--PD really shoulda made used cars for the American & European lots!

Yes the Subaru is also a rare car, and my favorite too:D.
If you can drive it good it's fun to beat cars like the Charger,
Vette, GTX and Super bird:D.

Well it was not stock, it had all of the mods on it.
It makes 142HP and has a weight of 861LB(i think).
And it was on Super Soft Racing tires too.

Actually Hybrid, you forgot the original way to find rare cars: wait for them. There are plenty of rare cars in the used car lot that you can buy..i think you have "hidden" and "rare" confused.

Anyways, to answer your question LeGeNd-1, try searching the Nissan lot for the '71 Datsun 240Z. It's a bit slow at first, but since it's so light, you can turn it into a screamer. Another fave is the '83 Mazda RX7...same deal but i think hte Mazda starts off slightly more aggressive. Lots of people like the Subaru Impreza 22B...which i've personally never driven. This car and the '71 Skyline are the rarest cars in gT2.
Never confused of GT2, Those cars are there on certain weeks, You just have to know the rotation and they will be there or start a new game on a seperate memory card to get most of them right away!

Well it was not stock, it had all of the mods on it.
It makes 142HP and has a weight of 861LB(i think).
And it was on Super Soft Racing tires too.

Well then! That changes everything!

I can't even think about such a good power-weight ratio!

A few more!

Attachments

• del%20sol%20wheely.JPG
    del%20sol%20wheely.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 322
  • Dragsters-3.jpg
    Dragsters-3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 312
  • Dragsters-1.JPG
    Dragsters-1.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 339
  • GT1-del%20sol%20boots-1.jpg
    GT1-del%20sol%20boots-1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 371
  • GT2-smiley.JPG
    GT2-smiley.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 306
I'm not sure, But if you set the Aerodynamics High in the front and low in the rear it will go up much quicker than the pictures in my post, Those cars are doing over 400MPH...

Beating big 440 CI muscle cars in a midget, 30-mph miniicar? I dont believe that.

As Angel already pointed out, it's totally possible in a number of tiny cars. It also helps that muscle cars dont handle well and the Playstation cars can only do what they're programmed to do.

Never confused of GT2, Those cars are there on certain weeks, You just have to know the rotation and they will be there or start a new game on a seperate memory card to get most of them right away!

That's the difference between how we hunt...i prefer to be surprised when a car i've never seen before shows up, rather than study the game's car rotation. To this day, i'm still surprised by little things in GT2, or a car color i've never seen before. I'm just trying to think of the game from GeNeTd-1's perspective (totally unexpl0red and fresh)> please note that GnTeNd-1 originally told us that he or she doesn't consider cars that can be bought or found at any time to be "collectible".

As Angel already pointed out, it's totally possible in a number of tiny cars. It also helps that muscle cars dont handle well and the Playstation cars can only do what they're programmed to do.
PB, It's the only reason I Hybrid, To make them handle well, when you hack the weight off the car and add downforce beyond the games limits the cars handle like Slot cars, I'm against Big redicules HP in most cases but to make the cars handle great is just so much better, IMO!!!-)

GT2 rare car that I use the most is Subaru 360. Don't need other rare car if I have this :).

BTW, I found unlimited tuning code yesterday, 255 downforce, 255 toe, 250 LSD, etc...

NTSC 1.2

801ba1ec = rear low limit
801ba1ee = rear high limit
801ba1d4 = front low limit
801ba1d6 = front high limit

801ba1ec 0000
801ba1ee 00ff
801ba1d4 0000
801ba1d6 00ff

PB, It's the only reason I Hybrid, To make them handle well, when you hack the weight off the car and add downforce beyond the games limits the cars handle like Slot cars, I'm against Big redicules HP in most cases but to make the cars handle great is just so much better, IMO!!!-)

Sometimes, theyre not supposed to handle so great! I like exploring the dark side of cars too i guess.

I have to agree with you on making cars handle better than added alot of
horsepower, but with some cars it's ok to add horsepower. Like with the
Subaru 360, I went and gave it 205HP and lower the weight to 798LB and
now the car is even better than before. And a new transmission help's too:).
And about making cars do a wheely, the lowest speed I could get was 196MPH.

Oh well, I thought you meant a stock 360--With those stats, I believe it. The muscle cars were never too skilled anyway, especailly on Seattle Circuit (my favorite course)

HYBRIDLVR--those are crazy! Man I wish I still had GT2--and knew how to hybrid!

Yes I have won with the stock 360, not by much.
I think it was only by .169sec's. That was after about
some 20+ try's.

Edit:
I found this list on gameFAQ.com.

Mazda AZ-1 A spec '91
Mazda RX-7 GT-Turbo '83
Mazda RX-7 RS-R '97
Mazda RX-7 Type RZ '97
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V RS '98
Datsun 240Z 240ZG HS30 '71
Nissan Skyline GT-R KPGC10 '71
Nissan Skyline 2000 RS-X DR30 '84
Nissan Skyline GTS-R R31 '87
Nissan Skyline 280 Type MR
Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO R32 '90
Subaru 360
Subaru Impreza 22B STi Version '98
Toyota 2000GT GT '68
Toyota Celica '84

These are all of the rare cars that you can
buy in the game, I have owned most of them before.

Back