GT3 ilink problems (SOLVED)

• Thread starter Bopop4
  • 2 comments
Canada
Guelph, Ontario
Hello, I've been trying to get a 4 player ilink battle setup but am have run into a few problems.

Current setup has 4 consoles with 4 brand new cables and a used 4 port firewire hub from ebay.

I can play any console against any other console with my 4 pin to 4 pin cable, and can play any console with any other console with the 4 pin to 6 pin cables running through the hub. (Most of the time. It can sometimes be finicky but usually works with GT3 and another ilink game.)

I've swapped cables and consoles to ensure that everything works on it's own.

The problem starts when I try to add a 3rd or 4th console. I can get them all launched to a race but it will always freeze within a second or so, forcing a restart of all the consoles.

Most of the time however I will click on "compete" in the battle settings and one console will end up as "waiting" while another has the "compete" and "broadcast" boxes disappear with the console ID remaining at the side.

I am wondering if it is the HUB or if there is an exact procedure that needs to be followed to enable it to run correctly. With my last attempt at 2 consoles running through the hub it froze right after loading into the track with a total lap count of 256, and the other screen stuck on waiting.

ATV offroad fury 2 seems to work fine with 2 or 3 consoles hooked up through the hub as well.

Thank you.

Back