GT3 Remix?

• Thread starter Arwin
  • 13 comments
Ok, what do you guys think of these pictures? Some of you may already know about this, but it's not a much debated and considered issue I'm pretty sure about that. If you pay close attention, it will dawn on you that these pictures are (increasingly) weird:

sard.jpg

castrol.jpg

sardfr.jpg

autumnmix.jpg

They are pictures from GT3 cars unlocked by editing a Gran Turismo Concept Tokyo-Geneva Garage with MKS Garage Editor. You see, it seems that actually all GT3 cars are in there, for a total of 373 cars! And you can drive them too! But there is a catch - the gearing don't work properly, in that your reverse is your only working gear. Still, you CAN drive the GT3 cars on Autumn Ring!

The challenge I guess for the hybridding pros is maybe they can help me get this car driving up to its original speed. :D I'll see what happens for instance if I give the Sard a Superflo gearbox, stuff like that. Might not work anyway, in which case perhaps through settings or by giving it some extra accelleration power (maybe some 787B parts there?) can make it still go its original speed with just the one gear. Any ideas?

This is cool/funny, though, eh? I already liked the hidden cars (some are really great, such as the 206cc and the 106, I love 'em), but this is crazy. I read about it somewhere, but this is the first time I've tried it myself!

So, are there like six gears for reverse? that would bring a good chalenge for an online race - :lol:

If you want those gears to work properly use the ini file from a gt3 save,or another car with a simmilar gear ratio from GTC that works. Then copy the gear ratios from the working ini over to the car you want in GTC.

Driving the 787b around autumn ring is a blast. :D

This is a bit of a coincedence though, because just today I have been reworking my hacked up GTC save. Got to driving all those lovely euros (406 coupe :drool: ) although that Opel corsa is just crappay.

Mind you after extensive testing I have found out that the Focus RS is the fastest FF car in the game. At Autumn ring it is a good 2 seconds quicker than the new Integra R.Mind you it has **** loads of torque due to the turbo. Mind you in comparing both Integras the 2001 (One that looks like an Acura RSX) and the older style one, the older one seems to have much less understeer, stock and modified.

Wow I seem to be talking a load of crap today.

Ah, that's cool, thanks! Maybe you can post that Garage file too ... I'm working on a GTC game with lots of NSX and Supras for the next time we're going to go on a massive iLink fest! I've been thinking that there are for instance four different NSXs in GTC, then we can plug in the Castrol Mugen from GT3 and then if we're six players (we might be for a few hours!) we can always put the body of the Dream Car NSX-R Protoype LM on a 'regular' NSX like the Castrol or the Arta or whatever. If we want to make it fair and still pretty, we could even have six different bodies (Astra, Mobil, Arta, Castrol, Loctite, Prototype) on the same NSX. That looks a lot nicer in replays :D and it's a lot more fun when you can clearly see who's who, too!

Iv'e heard that you can't use the hacked saves on I.Link games. I have a hub but i've only ever used it once :( .
I'll upload my save tommorow or something, because I can't be arsed to re X-port it back to my computer at the moment. Or you could search for my old one in this forum.

Originally posted by Race Idiot
Iv'e heard that you can't use the hacked saves on I.Link games. I have a hub but i've only ever used it once :(.

Hmm, not on iLink games? That'd be a damn shame! Maybe you all need the same hacked gamesave?

I've used the HUB once only also, but that was such a great success (actually the first iLink event with only two PS2s was already a great success) that we've decided to make it a two-monthly event. 27 april is the 3rd episode, and we can't wait. :)

Though in the end I must say I probably still prefer GT3. We just use an extra PS2 for the replays and for me (and at least one other guy) as a wheel-driver the lack of a Simulation setting for steering assist makes the gameplay not nearly as good in GTC as it is in GTC, unfortunately.

I just tested and it does in any case work in 2 player mode. I guess I should get me a second PS2 so I can test this kind of stuff. :mischievous:

Ah, oh well.

See both GT3 and GTC have their disadvantages and advantages for I.link. GT3 has loads of tracks, but a limited selection of cars, GTC has loads of cars, but only a few tracks. Although GT3 is probably better.

By the way if you want to see something good, check out my best video https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/photos/gtc_videos/CDWD.wmv

You can see me drive the diablo at Autumn ring :D

Although this can only be done with the Japanese version of GTC. :(

Originally posted by miata13B
So, are there like six gears for reverse? that would bring a good chalenge for an online race - :lol:

No, it only gives you reverse because it doesnt register the forward driving gears. Moving the Autoset fixes that...

Iv'e heard that you can't use the hacked saves on I.Link games.

hey I just noticed something interesting - if you save replays of GT3 cars they are listed as road / race cars, whereas the GTC cars are listed as Arcade cars. That probably has to do with the default settings in MKS. If we manage to edit the car in the .ini file and give it the Arcade code (3) for cartype, then it might work for iLink ... ?

EDIT: I did this so it's possible to set it to Arcade - you can just change the value in MKS, no need to go into the .ini setting. I just set it to GT3 mode and changed the value into FCFF FFFF FFFF FFFF ...

Ah, oh well.

See both GT3 and GTC have their disadvantages and advantages for I.link. GT3 has loads of tracks, but a limited selection of cars, GTC has loads of cars, but only a few tracks. Although GT3 is probably better.

By the way if you want to see something good, check out my best video https://www.gtplanet.net/gallery/photos/gtc_videos/CDWD.wmv

You can see me drive the diablo at Autumn ring :D

Although this can only be done with the Japanese version of GTC. :(

Nice vid indeed, although I got it in strange colours all the way trhough. Was that intentional or did it just happen to pick the wrong decoder? :D

Yeah, GTC has even fewer tracks if you're six players - then you can only run Tokyo, Midfield and Autumn Ring. Put that against those minus Autumn, plus Laguna, Monaco, Seattle, S5, S11, etc. and GT3 wins hands down. Still, if we do manage to get the modded garage to work in GTC iLink, then the advantage of being able to run modded cars could make it a lot more interesting ... You could then maybe even run a race on Simulation Tires, you could race in any of the LM Series race cars (S2000, RX-7, FTO, etc!) stuff like that which could be totally cool.

Originally posted by Arwin
hey I just noticed something interesting - if you save replays of GT3 cars they are listed as road / race cars, whereas the GTC cars are listed as Arcade cars. That probably has to do with the default settings in MKS. If we manage to edit the car in the .ini file and give it the Arcade code (3) for cartype, then it might work for iLink ... ?

EDIT: I did this so it's possible to set it to Arcade - you can just change the value in MKS, no need to go into the .ini setting. I just set it to GT3 mode and changed the value into FCFF FFFF FFFF FFFF ...

Whaa?

Uh, sorry I don't understand I don't really use MKS program much. So could you explain what you mean, about arcade, road and race cars.

Oh and my video should work properly only if you have windows media player 9. Or the the version 9 of the encoder/decoder.

Ok, I tested the Arcade car code but that didn't seem to work either. They seem to have protected iLink mode quite well, which is not altogether a bad thing - if they can manage the same with GT4 that will make it one of the hardest games to cheat on, which is a good thing.

GTC has slightly different steering which isn't appreciated by most DS2 users during iLink events esp. when you have been driving GT3 a lot immediately before. We're not very likely to be running it a lot again, although the replays do look great AND they fixed the pits bug in that game, so that's definitely a good thing also. This means that if you want to do a few long races with tire wear, GTC is a good alternative for iLink parties.

Yeah, well thats true it tends to allow you to correct oversteer very easily. Making it very easy to durifto.

The GTC 2001 handling is even worse, it feels like GT2 but the cars stick to the road like glue to make it even easier.

On a side note I managed to make my W12 stop understeering like a big bastard. It's understeer has gone from insane to chronic. :D

Back