GT3 vs GT Prologue

• Thread starter pchana
  • 15 comments
Does anyone know the definitive changes made to GT Prologue over GT3. I've noticed the following;

- Weight transfer on braking has been enhanced
- Cars feel more skittish with TCS off, more respect is needed
- Wheel lockup on hard braking
- Graphics, reflections on the cars have been enhanced
- Bumps on tracks are reflected in the steering wheel support

better colors. If you compare for example a black Silvia, you'll see that in Gt3 it looks gray and GT4 looks like it supposed to. Also grass looks better and is not as forgiving as GT3...much better IMO.

Also, there are shift delays.

I like that actually. It makes AT mode useless since the shift takes so long... And I've needed to learn how to shift on my own in GT :)

Vostok 7

The cars have real time lighting - in GT3 they only changed the palette to darker or lighter, in GT4P it's shaded in realtime. You notice this clearly while looking at the flaps of the Lancia Delta in both games.

Also, the effect of drafting seems to have become smaller. I'm sure Flinx will like that, he complained about it in GT3. :D And the whole behaviour of rally cars has changed drastically, much more realistic now.

Seems like the TCS got a little rework too.

At least it's noticeable in the rally race. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't run in and slide around turns like I did in GT3, tried one more turn and finally noticed the flashing "!" on the HUD.

Switched it off and all was wonderful again. :)

Maybe GT3 automatically turned TCS off for rally races, I'll have to go back and try, but I don't remember having to turn it off to get the car to handle like I wanted it to.

I drove the 240Z in Arcade Mode for the first time yesterday. When taking any of the hairpins aggressively, you'll see wheelspin and smoke on the inside wheel - visible cues for a non-limited slip differential. I don't remember seeing any of that effect in GT3.

you guys with prologue and the wheel. If you are having 98 percent trottle, have u tried pressing the trottle button on ur DS while the wheel is plugged in and see if it goes 100 percent?

The X button on the DS does go to 100%, even if the wheel is plugged in. But you can't do that and steer, so you have to press the X button with your foot. It's unworkable (I had to do it for license test 2).

I'm going to have to load up GT3 again to compare car shadows cast on the ground. I know GT4P is basically their demo/beta release, but they look VERY generic right now.

Yes, the shadows cast on the ground are now much wider and relative to the sun than before if I remember correctly (am at work now), they struck me too.

The best graphical upgrade I have noticed is that the flicker is gone from the road when the sun is reflecting off it. That was so annoying in GT3.

Originally posted by Gek54
The best graphical upgrade I have noticed is that the flicker is gone from the road when the sun is reflecting off it. That was so annoying in GT3.

What flicker?

Originally posted by jizzmirk
I drove the 240Z in Arcade Mode for the first time yesterday. When taking any of the hairpins aggressively, you'll see wheelspin and smoke on the inside wheel - visible cues for a non-limited slip differential. I don't remember seeing any of that effect in GT3.
It already happened in GT3.
I remember experiencing this with a slighty engine-tuned AE86.

Originally posted by Gek54
The road would flicker when the sun was reflecting off the surface. It was really bad on the highspeed ring.

High speed ring wasn't in GT3, do you mean the super speedway? I'll have to check that, I've never noticed the road flickering in GT3.

Back