GT4 Complete Arcade Car Testing List (Part 3 - All Over Bar the Shouting)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 51 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
After training Pestilence, my B-Spec driver, to be not quite so bad any more (he's at 9998/100/99/99, which is irritating), I've thrown him into the seat of every car in the game.

Each car was run for 3 fast laps at Trial Mountain, on Medium tyres - whether they be Sport/Medium for road cars or Race/Medium for race cars - with the B-Spec Hurryupometer set to 4. The only exceptions to this were some FF and RR cars, where Pestilence can't seem to cope with understeer - any car which missed the final chicane and ended up dead, or nailed the rocks after T1, got the chance to do another lap with the Hurryupometer set to 3, which resolved these issues.

This post, and subsequent downloadable file, represents part 1 of this test, where every single non-Japanese car available in the game was tested (along with the two ASLs and the Dome) except for two FIAT 500s which, at the moment, are just out of range of the Used Car Cycle for me to test, but should turn up during my Japanese cars test. And the Auto Union which can't be driven at Trial Mountain, and the two 1886ers which don't make it up the first hill with a Bob at the wheel.

Who will find this list useful? Anyone who plays Arcade Mode with friends, and I'm specifically thinking of LAN games. Using this list you can put together a whole host of cars which are relatively even in terms of performance and see close racing in radically different cars, or have a handicap series (as is common at UKGTP events). In fact it even extends through into GT Mode, though you'll have to remember that the power of the Used cars in GT Mode will be down on their Arcade Mode counterparts. Knowing how fast the AI opposition are, you can drag out something similar to get 200 A-Spec point races you can win with ease.

Stats
23/4/06 Cars driven: 299
2/5/06 Cars driven: 380
4/5/06 Cars driven: 420
5/5/06 Cars driven: 447
7/5/06 Cars driven: 575
9/5/06 Cars driven: 681
11/5/06 Cars driven: 710
Fastest non-F1: Toyota Minolta C88-V - 1'15.002 (2nd)
Fastest road car: Cadillac Cien - 1'33.022 (87th)
Fastest FF car: Citroen Xsara Rally Car - 1'33.763 (95th)
Fastest FF road car: Trial Celica - 1'45.860 (315th)
Fastest FR car: Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car - 1'20.547 (20th)
Fastest FR road car: Amuse S2000 GT1 - 1'33.103 (88th)
Fastest 4WD car: Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial Car - 1'19.139 (16th)
Fastest 4WD road car: Tommy kaira ZZII - 1'34.151 (97th)
Fastest RR car: Ruf RGT - 1'39.133 (147th)
Fastest GT300: ASL ARTA Garaiya - 1'30.417 (77th)
Fastest GT500: Nissan Motul Pitwork Z - 1'23.901 (30th)
Fastest DTM: Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car - 1'25.519 (43rd)
Fastest GroupB: Peugeot 205 t16 Evolution II - 1'25.647 (46th)
Average Lap Time: 1'47.353
Closest to Average: Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo '95 - 1'47.334 (361st)

Note for Microsoft Office 2007 users: For some reason, an Excel file saved in a standard Excel format on Office 2003 will not open correctly in Office 2007. Good job Microsoft. You will need an Excel 2003 viewer OR Open Office in order to view this file.

Attachments

• gt4cartimes.zip
    57.6 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
Wow Famine this is very impressive!

I'll deffinitely be using this.

I'm assuming all of these cars were stock with oil changes to best mimic the arcade settings?

They were all run in Arcade Mode full stop.

You'll notice that the reported power ratings for the Used Cars are consistent with the ones in GT Mode, but that's only because I couldn't be bothered changing them all, and they're effectively irrelevant, and because I'm entering the times in my master car list and don't want to change them.

Nice one, great to be able to compare so many cars by lap time rather than just hp or torque. Are you an insomniac or something or didn't it take that long?

I live my life from one stimulant to the next...

I've since done Daihatsu, Suzuki and Tommy kaira, but not added this info yet.

no tcs needed
What made you choose Trial Mountain as the track for testing? Happy St. George's Day by the way.

It has fast corners, slow corners, one test of rapid direction change and a reasonable straight bit. It's also Kazunori Yamauchi's "ultimate track". But, moreover, it's not very long. At B-Spec times 3, even the slowest car is done inside three minutes, and with 750 cars to test, that's a BIG plus.

Famine
It has fast corners, slow corners, one test of rapid direction change and a reasonable straight bit. It's also Kazunori Yamauchi's "ultimate track". But, moreover, it's not very long. At B-Spec times 3, even the slowest car is done inside three minutes, and with 750 cars to test, that's a BIG plus.
Sweet jesus! Famine, you either WAY to much on you hands or you make the time. How do you do it?:dunce:

Most of it is straight forward, but could you provide a key for the colours please?

Great achievement by the way. 👍

I can see where this little experiment is coming from - and where its heading too ;)

- Maybe you could try taking a cross section of cars - the fastest 6-8 of each classification and try them on a different track? I'm sure the results would be pretty much the same but you might find that Trial Mountain favours certain cars, perhaps because of gearing. Tsukuba, Autumn Ring Mini or Grand Valley East are nice short circuits and quite different from T.M.

DQuaN
Most of it is straight forward, but could you provide a key for the colours please?

Of course - I forgot about that.

Gold is sub 1'10.000
Silver is 1'10.000-1'19.999
Bronze is 1'20.000-1'29.999
Pale blue is 1'30.000-1'39.999
Light blue is 1'40.000-1'49.999
Light green is 1'50.000-1'59.999
Yellow is 2'00.000-2'09.999
Orange is 2'10.000-2'19.999
Pink is 2'20.000 and above.

The five cars at the bottom haven't posted a time, through either not being able to drive on that track (Auto Union), not being able to climb the frickin' hill (1886ers) or not being available at that time (500s).

I've since developed a better formula for prize car values-as-new, so those will be changing when I update the master list.

TheCracker
I can see where this little experiment is coming from - and where its heading too ;)

And I suspect you're not wrong. I just hope we get a chance to actually use it...

WOOOO! Way to go, Famine!

Thanks for all the effort you're putting into this! 👍

Well, and the rest of the testing better be done before 05/13, cause that's when our next LAN is going to take place. :dopey:

I think I can accommodate that - I'm on a bit of a roll now. There'll be the odd missing car, but I hope to have most of the cars done by Monday.

ferrari_chris
Excellent stuff, as expected from you. :D

Any dead-heats in the times yet?

A couple.

The oddest two are the Honda HSC and Hyundai HSC.

That might explain it. It confused me at 1am this morning.

So it's only 419 cars done then... :D

I think there's another couple of ties in there somewhere.

Quick update - 575 cars tested so far.

Odd ties so far:
1'45.773 - TVR V8S and Nissan Skyline 350GT Coupe (tied 249th)
1'46.996 - Lotus Elise 111S and Hyundai HCD6 (tied 275th)
1'51.245 - Acura Integra Type-R and Toyota MR-S V Edition (tied 372nd)
1'59.039 - Citroen Xantia and Mitsubishi Colt Galant GTO MR '70 (tied 495th)

The average laptime is a 1'47.441, making the closest car to average... the oft-lauded Toyota Sprinter Trueno Shuichi Shigeno Version, a whole 0.006s faster than the average.

Though this may (will) change in the remaining 200 cars.

Famine wrote -
Who will find this list useful? Anyone who plays Arcade Mode with friends, and I'm specifically thinking of LAN games. Using this list you can put together a whole host of cars which are relatively even in terms of performance and see close racing in radically different cars, or have a handicap series (as is common at UKGTP events).

You betcha mate. I've only just stumbled across this thread and its just great what you have done. I regularly run in LAN's and will use this list as part of my pre race make up for sure.

cheers 👍

Back