GT4 Drift Tuning Competition week 2, seeking judges!

Welcome!
there's been some changes to the comp since week 1. you have to post me your settings before i put your name down as an entrant.
The Car : VolksWagen Golf R32
The Track : Autumn Ring Full (the judges will test here, so it is advisable you do too)
as always unlimited tyre choice, and parts list (except for very basic ones i.e 1 way lsd and a stage 1 turbo only will NOT be judged.
Entry Deadline 26th November

Judges:
nightkids4ever
Drift2XS
TBA
TBA
TBA

Entrants:
slider-s15
suchayo
LGforce
Boundary Layer
TBA

criteria:
1. starting drift, is it difficult to start it?
2. mid drift response, is it very under/oversteery?
3. exiting the drift, does the car snap back too badly?
4. straight line handling, is it twitchy?

the scoring system works in pretty much the same way as the ordinary settings competition, the judges will rate each of the criteria out of 10, then there will be a total score at the end. Competitors are required to pm me with their settings, along with all parts installed on the car, tyre choice is unlimited, you can choose which ones you like. if the the judges could post a short conclusion about the car that would be excellent, talk about problems and then if there is a solution please write it down. Judges please pm me with your scores. A slight change from the orginal tuning comp, the judges should try out the settings given to them, but if they want they can fiddle with them. judges, if you do change settings, please put that in the conclusion.the winner is the tuner who gets the highest score. the winner of each competition will get to choose the next car to be used.Judges can also take photos if they want, for demonstrative purposes, i.e showing problem areas.

In the future could we stay away from cars that can only be won...

My drift game is purely a drift game. I have no licenses on it. I have no participated in a single race. I just used AR MAX to give me more money than I know what to do with.

I may not speak for others, but I'm not gonna go to the hassle of getting my iB license and doing the Shelby cup just to get this car.

sorry dude! most people i know have just the one profile or many profiles with completion. not just a drift file with nothing else.

(p.s if you do want to enter use the cheats your armed with from armax to get your liscence and ride!)

ok then..
i'm having a serious think right now, i want a car that people feel comfortable with, like slider, would have expected him to enter as a tuner, not a judge, i'm going to have a bath and think about a good car, now i see that a Mustang is just plain mental, maybe i'll go with a Silvia S15, or a 200SX.

I think the Mustang GT 05 its a good choice, this car is hard to drift. let see how good you guys can tune. C`mon take the challange.

im in as a tuner! (whatever car it will be)

care to explain further? i asked that everyone give their settings in THEN they get their name up, this stops people saying they will enter and then saying they can't at the last moment.
Whats the problem with that? People have done that in the GTPDC alot of times. I mean, some people don't have the time or that they are busy with other stuff including school or work or family. I rushed to get my entry in, thats why I don't like it.

Basicly he just dosn't want to turn any one away if there is a space in stedad of reserving spaces for people who may not use them. it maens the competition can fill out properly. :sly:

yeah, sorry my internet is playing up and i couldn't post in this thread, it kept saying 'ERROR 404, no page to display' or something. anyway it was a suggestion by Boundary Layer, i'm open to suggestion still, things like judging points etc.

Basicly he just dosn't want to turn any one away if there is a space in stedad of reserving spaces for people who may not use them. it maens the competition can fill out properly. :sly:
But why have a limited space since this is a Board thing ?I know how much people turn in their entries late or don't even get them in. Thats why(IMO), I see no number list in the GTPDC. If one person enters cool and if they don't alright, try next week.

The number of entries should be limitted here, just to be fair to the judges.

They're expected to give a thorough evaluation of the cars handling aspects. It could get a bit time consuming if there's 10 or so cars to try out
(and yes NK, more time consuming than judging 10 GTPDC vids)

I'm hoping to give the VW a go tomorrow and start on my settings. Just gotta get an assignment polished off first.

Thank you, BL. Well, I was a GTPDC judge but every competition I was in we didn't have that much competitors like 3-5. I would watch it over and over again just incase I missed something.

either way it's not going to change in that aspect for the forseeable future, i think it is a good idea, you can still post saying you will enter, so it's still very open.

I like the car choice, always had a thing for the Golf. Don't know if I cam make it in for this one. Still have to judge the last entrants. :scared: I might be able to make it as a judge again, maybe. :D

Back