GT4 fun event quiz

• Thread starter lightfox
  • 202 comments
There are some fun events I encountered when playing GT4. Here I put them in a quiz form see if anyone has seen or thought of them. :dopey:

Questions:
  1. What happen if you send your Mercedes 300SL Coupe 54' to a car wash?
  2. What happen if you pit a Daihatsu Midget 63'?
  3. How can you spin out before the start bell on a rolling start?
  4. How can you overtake cars even before the start bell on a rolling start?
  5. In what case you would be faster to win when you stop in the middle of the track and wait?
  6. In what case you would be faster when you actually drive up the wrong way on the track?
  7. On a straight with no corner or chicane in sight, why do you want to brake and turn?
  8. Setting Bob to "slow down" (setting #1) for the whole 24hr Nurburgring race makes you win faster, why?
  9. Which car can get NA and an Intercooler installed at the same time? (TuneRVisioN)
  10. What happens when you buy a gearbox for a Toyota Prius? (TuneRVisioN)
  11. Which car drives completely like FF but appears to be 4WD and can get a VCD controller? (TuneRVisioN)
  12. Which skyline doesn't show any Redline on the HUD? (TuneRVisioN)
  13. Which Race Car always freezes when you try to use it in the rallys in 1 Player Mode? (TuneRVisioN)
  14. Which NSX can get Turbo? (TuneRVisioN)
  15. Which D1GP car can burn out your retinas by looking at it? (TuneRVisioN)
  16. Which open top car has a driver who randomly reaches down to grab/move something when you are driving? (Tulok)
  17. What is the most expensive car that can only be acquired in used condition, and by using the depreciation formula in GT4, what would have been its original asking price if sold new in the game? (Digital-Nitrate)
  18. What road car switched induction method in the transition from GT3 to GT4 (no, I do not mean switching from NA to Supercharged)? (Toronado)
  19. What car has incorrect branding in the game in relation to the badges on the car? (Toronado)
  20. What two race cars can get PD spoilers? (Toronado)
  21. Which car shows 2 drivers onboard? (lightfox)
  22. How can you B-spec in special condition hall? (lightfox)
  23. What car allows you to change the ride height without buying a suspension first? (kennythebomb)
  24. What car is faster than the fastest version of it when fully modded, but slower than it stock? (The same car, just that the best model of it has less hp and more weight when fully modded compared to the slower one, which has more HP and less weight when fully modded.) (TuneRVisioN)
  25. What is the only car in this game with a Rear Engined 4WD layout? (TuneRVisioN)
  26. Most rear-engine, rear-wheel-drive cars use either boxer or inline engines. However, GT4 has one notorious RR car with a V-engine. Which is it? (Digital-Nitrate)

Answers:
  1. Hilariously, one of the wash guys is goofing off or day dreaming. Check it out.
  2. There are only 3 tires, PD folks scratched their heads and decided not letting you to see the pit work.
  3. It happens. Ex. try a Cizeta on Autumn Ring.
  4. It happens. Ex. try a fast car vs. ridiculously slow cars on Hong Kong.
  5. Ex. when you have a 20 second lead, there is only 10 seconds before the time ticks over to finish on a endurance time race on Nurburgring, you are facing the finish line, and you are out of gas! What you should do? You should stop, wait 10 seconds, then drive through.
  6. Ex. when you have 4 reds and are out of gas and just about to enter the pit on Nurburgring, some evil AI (probably yelling "pay back time!") bumps you hard on your behind to force you miss the pit entrance and slide 80 feet forward. Luckily, you are not as dumb as the AI, you can drive back that 80 feet instead of crash and slide forward 60,000 something feet.
  7. When you want to gold license test 1.
  8. Setting 1 saves your time in timed endurance! That is right. Ex. Bob could do 5 laps on the ring before pitting with setting 1 instead of only 4 laps with setting 2 or 3. So he only needed to pit 40+ times instead of 50+ times the whole race. I checked back often to set the game speed back to x3, but half of the time I would miss Bob's pit moment. Bob had been running 1 extra lap in x3 game speed for all those 20+ pit intervals, and it had shorten 90+ minutes wait time toward my beautiful F1 car!
  9. VW Beetle RSi
  10. It no longer shows the whole wierd-o electric hybrid meter thingomobobberatorylistic device.
  11. Audi TT
  12. '99 Penzoil Skyline, or the Xanavi Skyline.
  13. Toyota 7
  14. JGTC NSXs
  15. HKS silvia. That car is too damn bright.
  16. any convertible car. Most noticable in the Benz Patent Motorwagen, Shelby/AC Cobra or Alfa Romeo Duetto.
  17. (p1): 1999 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (which TuneRVisioN got correct), sells for either $291,199 or $224,000 in the Used Car II lot depending on the mileage, making it the most expensive car is GT4 that can only be acquired used.

PD's used car lot depreciation formula is based on mileage:

Code:
    Code:
    6 miles = -15% 
    9,001 - 15,500 miles = -25%
    15,501 - 25,000 miles = -35% 
    25,001 - 37,500 miles = -50% 
    37,501 - 62,500 miles = -65%

(Took me a bloody long time to come up with this formula, so I give you props for coming so close!)

* The $291,199 V8 Vantages have mileages ranging from 16,977 - 24,965 miles = 35% off New Price
    * The $224,000 V8 Vantages have mileages ranging from 25,637 - 33,526 miles = 50% off New Price

(p2): Thus, the "New" price for a V8 Vantage in GT4 would be $448,000.
  18. Beetle RSi
  19. no correct answer yet
  20. no correct answer yet
  21. Toyota Motor Triathlon
  22. Simply enter the pit while racing and change to B-spec.
  23. no correct answer yet
  24. 2000 Opel Speedster
  25. 1996 RUF CTR2
  26. no correct answer yet
--

1) I'm assuming the Benz is a convertible, i'm saying it'll become a hooded car.
2) putting the midget in the pit would take a while, also the wheel inserts will be awkward since it has 1 wheel in the front.
3)To spin out, make a stiff steering setting so the car wil steer into the grass/dirt and it'll attempt to get back on the road ASAP, causing it to lose traction and slide out when resurfacing the tarmac.
4)If a car in front of you is signifcantly slow and doesn't have the torque to pull if own weight to at least 60 or 80km/h.
5)Doesn't seem logical.
6)You mean being able to make one lap faster in reverse than going in forwards? Then it'd be a track like Capri Rally Reverse.
7)becasue you want to "turn".

1) I'm assuming the Benz is a convertible, i'm saying it'll become a hooded car.
2) putting the midget in the pit would take a while, also the wheel inserts will be awkward since it has 1 wheel in the front.
3)To spin out, make a stiff steering setting so the car wil steer into the grass/dirt and it'll attempt to get back on the road ASAP, causing it to lose traction and slide out when resurfacing the tarmac.
4)If a car in front of you is signifcantly slow and doesn't have the torque to pull if own weight to at least 60 or 80km/h.
5)Doesn't seem logical.
6)You mean being able to make one lap faster in reverse than going in forwards? Then it'd be a track like Capri Rally Reverse.
7)becasue you want to "turn".

1) not quite.
2) yes, you will see the tire changing in a different angle where you can't see the actual tire as the normal animation.
3) yes.
4) yes.
5) wrong.
6) no. I said to drive the "wrong way", not the reverse trace.
7) wrong.

--

There are some fun events I encountered when playing GT4. Here I put them in a quiz form see if anyone has seen or thought of them. :dopey:
  5. In what case you would be faster to win when you stop in the middle of the track and wait?
  6. In what case you would be faster when you actually drive up the wrong way on the track?
  7. On a straight with no corner or chicane in sight, why do you want to brake and turn?
I will add to the list when playing more.

--
1. While the car is open doored (correct term?) in certain places, I'm pretty sure the doors close during washing, so would the answer be "It gets clean"?

2. Probably the same silly mistake that happens when you pit a race car with a covering over the rear wheels - The wheel simply goes through. Edit: Or it shows an angle where you don't notice, but it still goes through...

3. The AI isn't the greatest at keeping the car under control...

4. Get a FAST car... I've had it happen.

5. When it causes the car behind you to crash and not finish/get stuck somewhere/need to pit.

6. See above

7. Perhaps to make the race more interesting? ;) I think it might be if there is a car on your side and you want to push it off track. Edit: Or to go to the pits perhaps...

1) not quite.
2) yes, you will see the tire changing in a different angle where you can't see the actual tire as the normal animation.
3) yes.
4) yes.
5) wrong.
6) no. I said to drive the "wrong way", not the reverse trace.
7) wrong.

--

1) gull wing doors open flooding the interior and costing you a bucket load to have the interior detailed.
5) time period race where the final time will tick over just after you cross the line - wait for time period to finish then cross the line (eg 24 hour race)
6) no idea
7) because some idiot AI is either: stopped on the track; driving at a stupidy slow speed; about to run into your rear; or to play cone soccer.

Reading MH's answers has led me to believe that there are multiple answers for a few of them, and I think he may be right about 5 and 7, but I think his answer to 5 makes the most sense.

1) No for all answers. Try it for yourself, it is kinda funny.
5) Moloch_horridus, and Car-less are right
6) When you forget to pit Nurburgring, drive back to the pit instead of looping the whole Nurburgring with 4 reds or with no gas.
7) Many funny answers. :) But my original answer was simple, cause you want to get Gold in the first License Test.

--

1) No for all answers. Try it for yourself, it is kinda funny.
5) Moloch_horridus, and Car-less are right
6) When you forget to pit Nurburgring, drive back to the pit instead of looping the whole Nurburgring with 4 reds or with no gas.
7) Many funny answers. :) But my original answer was simple, cause you want to get Gold in the first License Test.

--

5) It should not noted that stopping in the middle of the track is not particulary cool and can be quite dangerous - better instead to do a slower victory lap and wave to the crowd (perhaps stopping to get a suitable flag from adoring fan to hold out the window)
6) Fair enough - obvious really when you think about it
7) I can't remember the first licence test :(

That could make other cars slower, but it certainly won't make you faster.

--
Technically... if it was a long race, it could keep them out of your way and help you get tremendously better laps, which, in a 24 hour race, not having traffic is a good thing.
But, I think there's another one for 6: When you missed the pitlane, it would be faster to turn around and pit, then the time you would lose from your completely worn out tires.

That still doesn't answer 5 though... let me give it more thought.

There is another answer for 6.

When doing a top speed run, turning round and going backwards round the test course before turning round and heading the right way, will enable you to get more speed up before the test finishes, by giving you a longer run up.

There is another answer for 6.

When doing a top speed run, turning round and going backwards round the test course before turning round and heading the right way, will enable you to get more speed up before the test finishes, by giving you a longer run up.

I was going to say that... :grumpy:

Ok, original answers to the questions:
  1. Hilariously, one of the wash guys is goofing off or day dreaming. Check it out. :sly:
  2. There are only 3 tires, PD folks scratched their heads and decided not letting you to see the pit work. :indiff:
  3. It happens. Ex. try a Cizeta on Autumn Ring.
  4. It happens. Ex. try a fast car vs. ridiculously slow cars on Hong Kong.
  5. Ex. when you have a 20 second lead, there is only 10 seconds before the time ticks over to finish on a endurance time race on Nurburgring, you are facing the finish line, and you are out of gas! What you should do? You should stop, wait 10 seconds, then drive through.
  6. Ex. when you have 4 reds and are out of gas and just about to enter the pit on Nurburgring, some evil AI (probably yelling "pay back time!") bumps you hard on your behind to force you miss the pit entrance and slide 80 feet forward. Luckily, you are not as dumb as the AI, you can drive back that 80 feet instead of crash and slide forward 60,000 something feet.
  7. When you want to gold license test 1.

I just got another tougher one tonight while racing 24hr Nurburgring.

8. Why does setting Bob to "slow down" (setting #1) for the whole 24hr Nurburgring race practically make you win faster?

--

BEcause you don't need to pit as much, and you can spend more time getting faster laps. Still, if you had to ask, I'm assuming that's not what you were looking for...

I'm guessing that it keeps you from going off track and get's you laps which are faster.

I will add to the list when playing more.

--
1.Dunno
2.Dunno
3.Put asm max to prevent oversteer...
4.Put Suzuki escudo race against Daihatsu Midget 63`...
5.Nürburg 24h
6.When its DOWNHILL!
7.U Want to make donuts...

BEcause you don't need to pit as much, and you can spend more time getting faster laps. Still, if you had to ask, I'm assuming that's not what you were looking for...

Don't assume anything. :)

I'm guessing that it keeps you from going off track and get's you laps which are faster.

I don't think you can lap faster with a "slow down" bob, at least not on Nurburgring. But that is the key, the question was not looking for a way to lap faster, it is looking for a way to win faster. 💡

--

8. Why does setting Bob to "slow down" (setting #1) for the whole 24hr Nurburgring race practically make you win faster?
"Practically" means "almost", so I'm thinking you meant to say something else or this is a bad attempt at a trick question. ;)

I will say though it is possible to win faster in any timed enduro, but it has nothing to do with B-spec or setting it to 1.

For instance, in the 24hr Nurb do the following:

1. Select any car you are comfortable knowing you can lap the field once... which shouldn't be too hard. ;)
  2. Keep track of your average lap time, which for this example lets say is 9min.
  3. When the race clock reaches a time that is 24hr less your average lap time, which for this example would be 23'51:00, keep racing but then stop just before reaching the start finish line.
  4. Once the race clock hits 24 hours, cross the finish line. If you time it really well, you might even finish right at 24'00:00 - if you cross too early though, then you'll have to do another lap, adding 9 more minutes to the race.
The point is that timed enduro races do not actually end when the time reaches the specified mark, they end after the time reaches the mark AND all the cars left in the race cross the start-finish line.

However, if the question was trying to be tricky, and in "time" they meant game play time (not race time), then yes, setting the B-spec to 1 will save both tires and fuel, which can lengthen pit stops allowing for fewer stops in a race, at 3xspeed, fewer stops means less game time as pit stops are in 1x speed. :)

Your first suggestion is already covered by question #5. :)

However, if the question was trying to be tricky, and in "time" they meant game play time (not race time), then yes, setting the B-spec to 1 will save both tires and fuel, which can lengthen pit stops allowing for fewer stops in a race, at 3xspeed, fewer stops means less game time as pit stops are in 1x speed. :)

And Bingo!

That was why these words were chosen in the question:

It saved me more than an hour of time using this trick! Here is how:
Bob could do 5 laps on the ring with setting 1 instead of only 4 laps with setting 2 or 3. So he only needed to pit 40+ times instead of 50+ times the whole race. I checked back often to set the game speed back to x3, but half of the time I would miss Bob's pit moment. Bob had been running 1 extra lap in x3 game speed for all those 20+ pit intervals, and it had shorten 90+ minutes wait time toward my beautiful F1 car!

--

Umm, about the 24 hrs thing, you can t just stop at the finish line after a lap, becasue you'd (by logic) would be 6th place. You have to be in first pos. when crossing the line, it's logical, also i've experienced this on 24 Sarthe. My Jaguar XJR-9 had no more gas right when i passed the finish line right when it hit 24 hrs. the 2nd palce car was like 16 laps behind me so i eventully made it back to the line going 80km/h while every car caught up by 2-3 laps. It was funny becasue every AI that came by collided into mine and gave it a nice boost.

Umm, about the 24 hrs thing, you can t just stop at the finish line after a lap, becasue you'd (by logic) would be 6th place. You have to be in first pos. when crossing the line, it's logical
Please reread #1:
Select any car you are comfortable knowing you can lap the field once... which shouldn't be too hard.
Laping means to not only be in the lead, but also be in the lead by more than one lap such that even if they all pass you, you'll still be in the lead.

Back