GT4 Glitches & Gremlins

• Thread starter Flattyre
  • 55 comments
I've noticed a couple of odd things in GT4 (I've no experience with GT1-3 so forgive me if this is well documented),

-in an endurance race a competitor stopped half way around the track and a message flashed up that he'd run out of fuel.

-I was in the Ginetta during another race, a short one not an endurance, I was in B-Spec mode at the time, when the car crashed into the entrance to the pits. The pit icon "P" flashed up on the screen, I turned it off and kept racing but the car scraped along the track by the pit side wall as if it were trying to get in!

-like many people I B-Spec the German Touring Car championship for the money. It's a chore that I do at x3 speed while getting dressed in the morning, there's no excitement as the tuned Opel Astra usually gets first place in every race and never less than second. Until one time I came into the room to find I'd finished fifth at the Paris Opera. I've no explanation what went wrong.

-racing in the Formula car at Cote d'Azur I was at least 30" in the lead when the power started to falter and the car slowed noticeably, it felt just like a blocked fuel filter with the engine dying away then coming back. I was about to pit anyway, and when I came out the engine problem had gone, but so had most of my lead.

Admittedly this last incident was at 4.00am after three consecutive Formula GT races, so I may have been halucinating. But it got me thinking, does GT4 have random glitches and gremlins built in, just like irl, that suddenly and unexpectedly surface? And if so are there any other examples?

First, there is the famous vibrating screen when you start a race.

Second, the AI is still cheating.

Another small problem is the horsepower shown. A car can has a 160 hp engine can only have 154 hp engine when you start a race and when you see the replay of that race, it says 158hp.

well try this freakin glitch on for size:i was racin on freeride mode in the charger on nurb when i hit the wall no biggy i thought and kept racin later in the lap my car got a speed boost of not just a couple miles per hour but of 200mp/h!now this freaked me out but i kept racin now later in the lap i went round one of the corners usin the e-brake and hit the wall but this time i went through it! i was in a weird blank land and i could see the track in the distance but i couldn't get to it so i went in the opposite direction after drivin for a minute or so i came out on the 24h nurb race in first place near the end of it in 1st place and iwas 20 laps ahead of everybody else! NOW THATS A GLITCH . . . BUT NOT A BAD ONE! :dopey:

videogame adict
well try this freakin glitch on for size:i was racin on freeride mode in the charger on nurb when i hit the wall no biggy i thought and kept racin later in the lap my car got a speed boost of not just a couple miles per hour but of 200mp/h!now this freaked me out but i kept racin now later in the lap i went round one of the corners usin the e-brake and hit the wall but this time i went through it! i was in a weird blank land and i could see the track in the distance but i couldn't get to it so i went in the opposite direction after drivin for a minute or so i came out on the 24h nurb race in first place near the end of it in 1st place and iwas 20 laps ahead of everybody else! NOW THATS A GLITCH . . . BUT NOT A BAD ONE! :dopey:

i find it pretty impossible that you managed to get to nurb 24Hour in first just through a clipping problem. the whole championship would never have been loaded into the system, only the nurb' track and any ghosts/competitors

edit:^ :lol:

The shaking/blurry looking at usually the start of the race is when there is just too much on the screen for the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) to handle. So it's similar to it lagging...

The whole fuel thing is, well because you now have fuel. And as for the loss of power, I would say you were about to run out of fuel, or you needed an oil change.

Mustang-man
:rolleyes: Give it a effing rest people, ffs.

Don't like it - go play another goddamn game.
like I said elsewhere... maybe they should do a massive recall on the game if it is so flawed! but I'll keep mine thanks, I'm enjoying it :)

JohnBM01
I thought there was already a thread on bugs in GT4...

I dont want to point fingers but there have been times where I have posted threads that are of topic of interest here that didnt get thru... and yet we have duplicates. :ill:

doing all races in begginer hall and pro hall with all golds and not been able to get into the GTWC, no matter what i do i cant get into the GTWC. most annoying bug ever!!!:grumpy:

i hate people that are all like oh my god the screen shakes this game sucks if you dont like it go **** yurself and if you already did that then go play a crappy game like nfsu2 !i got jipped out of 60 bucks!

the hodge man
doing all races in begginer hall and pro hall with all golds and not been able to get into the GTWC, no matter what i do i cant get into the GTWC. most annoying bug ever!!!:grumpy:

You are in Wales. I am in England. We both play the PAL version. I have had no similar problem. Occam's Razor says you've done something wrong rather than there being a bug stopping you from doing something.

I pitted in the Minolta at Sears Point and what happened looked like the back was jacked into the air so far they almost flipped the car over. Then it dropped, they changed the tires, and off I went.. Here is a video of it:

flipper1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~klintb/flippit.asf

Nerv's Minolta video is incredible!

Here's another glitch to add to the list:

I was running the Sarthe II 24-hour during my Le Mans car test when I noticed one of the AI cars was crawling down the straight, I exited the map screen and went to normal view and cycled to the slow car. It was the R89C, acting as if it was having ignition or fuel feed problems or something. It would slow to below 30 MPH, then speed up to 100 or so, then slow again, then speed up to normal racing speed, then slow yet again.

This went on for maybe two laps, then the car took off at normal speed and never slowed again. It pitted four laps later, so it wasn't low on fuel.

Too weird...

Yea I was so shocked when it happened I stopped the race right there so I could save the replay and see if it would show up on it even tho it was 17 min into it. Luckily it did. I wish there was a way to edit replays and trim them in game.. Maybe on the next one.

On the Gymkhana course (I think that's the name of it - it's like a big square-shaped parking lot with cones in it and it's listed in the Driving Park courses) I was screwing around today and managed to get my RUF Yellow Bird outside of the track boundries. There's an opening in one of the corners.. top-right, I believe. I'm not exactly sure how I did it, I just kept driving into the corner and wiggling the car around and evetually I broke through. So far I've never read anything anywhere about someone being able to get outside the boundies in GT4 yet. I don't usually post, but I thought some people might be interested in this little development. :)

Corvette
First, there is the famous vibrating screen when you start a race.

do you get the vibrating screen during bspec or aspec?

if during bspec i thinks it part of an effect as if you are really monitoring a race...

uhh... your thinking of a different thing... you mainly see the vibrating screen in rolling starts... the screen "shakes" and flashes, sort of like, one line is a few frames ahead of the next on the screen... the emotion engine seems to get too "emotional"...

-jaxx

Back