GT4 Hidden cars, anyone?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 45 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Obviously we can't make hybrids, which sucks, because I had so many ideas it's not even funny. :grumpy: But, has anyone looked through the coding yet to see if there are any cars that are only available through hacking? (example: Porsche GT3 from gran turismo 3) If not, would it be possible?

attachment.php

From one of the threads in Vipfreak's search

Thanks guys. So, is anyone willing to give this a shot?

Edit: If there is a program on the internet I have to download to do this myself, someone please point me in the right direction. I'd like to give it a shot. :sly:

I'm going to assume that the "bonus" NTSC cars (the Chapparals, Audi concepts, 300C, and others that weren't in the original Japanese release) are somewhere in each copy of GT4. Same goes with the extra Korean cars we've all missed out on. It's just a matter of locating them.

I want to drive a big smiley or trophy like the GT2 days, though ;).

colton19911
How do you get a hidden car? I would like to see another one.

You have to search through the coding on the disk. Most of the hidden cars are ones from other versions of GT4 that had cars we don't.

I don't think the extra cars made it to earlier versions of GT4. I tried a network linked game and the game froze when selecting a car not in the relevant version (I would assume that it would be selectable if it was in the game).

As for GT3 there was also a Nissan Skyline GT-R M-spec and Lancia Stratos (Road and Rally) which were in all versions but only had a body in the NTSC versions.

The Diablo was a prize car in the Japanese version of GT3 but had to be removed for licensing reasons in the other versions (though it is at least complete in the American version).

Yes and for the American version you just needed a game save with it on there or you could insert it using mk's program. Those were the good days of GT3-Hybrids. :)

If you want to take a look at what cars are in the game, you can simply insert your GT4 disc in your PC, copy on your HD the 3 Gb 'GT4.VOL' file.
Then open this file with an hex editor (I'm using WinHex). Next to all hex values you'll find an ASCII conversion. Some of it doesn't look like garbage : the directories storing images for instance.
Search for '/image' and you'll find them soon, sorted by brand.

Here is for instance the part that mentions Ford cars.
winhex8xu.jpg

X-Othermic
Why would Polyphony put in cars that could be only available through unlocking? It dosn't make sense to me...

Because they include some cars during the development for which they don't buy a license in the end (too expensive, or simply no agreement found with the maker), or that they don't want to include anymore.

The Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 is in the japanese game but not in the US or PAL releases. Yet, it still appears in the big archive I'm mentioning above.

The big file for GT4 contains all messages and texts that can be displayed in the game, and there are still references to the POD race (famous race available in GT Concept only). I shows that they don't start the new games from the scratch but that they re-use some libraries from the previous versions instead.

Lucky you guys, having a look like that. this is a brand new comp, but doesn't have a DVD rom!.

Sorry about OT,but about licenses,what about Martini sponsor on Lancia cars,on delta are empty slots for letters,on stratos or on another delta,i`m not sure,is blanked martini sign!Anyone noticed that?

Advertising for cigarettes of alcohol is forbidden in many countries. So what was OK in 1986 is not legal anymore, and they wouldn't have been allowed to sell the game if the cars had featured the Martini logo.
Never noticed the Gauloises brand replaced by Go!!!!!!! for races in Europe, or West replaced by Kimi ?

Talking about some "diferent cars", I repared that there were two cars that I really would like to buy.
The Toyota ONE and the Nissan R390 race cars, but, ALL BLACK.
I saw then to sell as used cars, but never finded again.
Is there another way to "buy" then ???

BaTsBR
Talking about some "diferent cars", I repared that there were two cars that I really would like to buy.
The Toyota ONE and the Nissan R390 race cars, but, ALL BLACK.
I saw then to sell as used cars, but never finded again.
Is there another way to "buy" then ???
Hello, and welcome to GTP.
Like many questions asked by new members, yours have been already answered several times. The best answer is in the used cars cycle thread . To make it short, the 4 black cars (yeah, 4, not only 2) appear every 100 weeks, so if you missed them you simply have to wait 700 in-game days.
For future questions, I suggest you use first the Search forums tool located on top of each page. If you choose carefully the terms to search on you'll easily find all the relevant information. 👍

Back