GT4 Hybrid Applications by teknogeek1300

• Thread starter teknogeek
  • 239 comments
These applications are based on PHAST codes used in combination with PCSX2(PS2 Emulator), used to hybrid or "tweak" settings in GT4.

THIS thread will be updated with current updates as they are released.

A complete guide to running GT4 on your PC here:
The Complete Hybriding Guide For Gran Turismo 4.

Here's a great development thread to help people uderstand what progress has been made:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87028

All applications can be found here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/teknogeek1300/2100423

GT4_Hybrid_Swaper_2 is a text file based application allowing easy and flexible modification for parts, and modifiers. Great for swapping engines, chassis, turbo's and more!

GT4_LSD_Tweak is an application that allows you to tweak an LSD of a car. Mainly used if you apply an AWD drivetrain to a front or rear wheel drive car.

GT4_LSD_Tweak. Good for adjusting the front "front wheel distribution" of AWD cars.

Special thanks to the fallowing!

Speed Drifter: Supplying me with all the NTSC, NTSC 2, and PAL code addresses and all the help I could use!

Death Scythe: Testing my apps and supplying part lists! Thanks bud!

sucahyo for awesome progress with the hybrid community, and all his code references found here. By far an amazing contribution.

Playguy
for the PCSX2 setup guide and tutorial!

UPDATED

GT4_Hybrid_Swaper_2_a21.zip, 11/17/07 @ 6:01PM

-Added support for all rims! All thanks to Speed Drifter!

-Added more support for the rime images thanks to Speed Drifter.
-Added a support for a good percentage of rim images thanks to Speed Drifter!
-Added all rims setup A, B and C.(thanks to sucahyo)
-Added "all"(400+) rims to the rim list.(no graphic views, or setup B and C support "yet")
-Added a live update/preview to Rims, and Spoilers.(Thanks to sucahyo for the idea)
-Added all spoilers in black.
-Removed "2nd line" codes for Spoilers and Rims.
-Added support for all NA Tune's.
-Added support for all turbo's, and superchargers.
-Removed "2nd line" codes for Superchargers, Turbos, and NA Tunes. They're now hardcoded.
-Added support for all chassis's, drivetrains and LSD's.
-Added support for what appears to be all engines thanks to sucahyo!

w00t! what other parts you need, I'm still workin on a chassis list. Got some other engines that I've tested (and have worked). Although if any didnt work for me I think its more a car limitation than a engine error:

examples of bad engine combos:

bad results
original car is NA only + donor engine is Turbo ONLY = fail
original car is "special" (benz carriage) + donor engine is NOT NA(? still trying to figure this out) = fail

good results
original car is NA only + donor engine can be Turbo OR NA + NA Tune from original car = OK!
original car can be NA/Turbo + donor engine can be NA/Turbo = ideal
original car can be Turbo OR NA + donor engine is NA + NA Tune from original car = OK!
original car can be Turbo OR NA + donor engine is Turbo + Turbo #X from original car = OK!

VW Lupo (NA/Turbo car) + VW R32 Engine (NA) + VW Lupo NA Tune1 = OK!
VW Lupo (NA/Turbo car) + '05 GTi 2.0t (Turbo) + VW Lupo NA Tune1 = fail.

(any corrections or results, just post em, thnx)
-l8r

NTSC Code:

Code:
00A1FC5F x0	normal, Turbo [COLOR="Red"]disabled[/COLOR]
	 x1	1.stage NA
	 x2	2
	 x4	3
	 x8	normal, Turbo [COLOR="Red"]enabled[/COLOR]
	 x9	1.stage NA
	 xA	2
	 xC	3

00A1FC5F 1x	1.stage Turbo
	 2x	2
	 4x	3
	 8x	4

00A1FC60 x1	Original Turbo
00A1FC60 x4	P&P
(Thanks to Speed Drifer again :) )

Not sure if this will help.

You can post the engine codes here and I'll update the files asap.

What that NTSC code means?

See if this engine list work for you:

whoa, now thats a list!!!1! haha, I'm officially using that list from now on lol.

EDIT: I reallly love this list. Sucahyo, I'm assuming you had some program that generated that from another list you have? is it possible to come up with a list like that for other parts? or would that be asking a lot haha

EDIT: I reallly love this list. Sucahyo, I'm assuming you had some program that generated that from another list you have? is it possible to come up with a list like that for other parts? or would that be asking a lot haha
I just use excel clone, text editor and my hybrid list.

I use this formula:
=concatenate("20A2A610 ",right(Sheet1!B1,4),"@",A1," ",C1," Setup A")

copy paste to texteditor

I replace every Setup A with Setup A<enter>
I replace every @ with <space><tab>

Since I know it's working here is chassis, drivetrain and lsd. Should the turbo code formatted in one line or two line ?

Attachments

• chassisdrivetrain.rar
    47 KB · Views: 76
  • lsd.rar
    77.2 KB · Views: 45
Sorry for the stupid question, but what do I put at the end of the engine codes?
They seem too short.
For example,
05 mustang with the Saleen S7 (Setup A) engine :10A1F808 06A3----
What would I put to make that combo work?
Would the same 4 digits have to be put in the trans as well?

Sorry for the stupid question, but what do I put at the end of the engine codes?
They seem too short.
For example,
05 mustang with the Saleen S7 (Setup A) engine :10A1F808 06A3----
What would I put to make that combo work?
Would the same 4 digits have to be put in the trans as well?

Nothing.

00A1F808 = XX
10A1F808 = XXXX
20A1F808 = XXXXXXXX

The first number controls the code alignment. Everything supplied in teh program should be ready to go. No editing needed.

sucahyo; I believe that all Superchargers, Turbo's and NA Tune's have the same second line if that helps.
Can you hard coded it? everytime we click the supercharger, the application will add that second line automatically.

Just to make reading the list easier. 1800+ line for turbo would make 3600 line if we double it.

Updated GT4_Hybrid_Swaper_2. More info in first post.

EDIT:
Can you hard coded it? everytime we click the supercharger, the application will add that second line automatically.

Just to make reading the list easier. 1800+ line for turbo would make 3600 line if we double it.
NVM. Since setup A B, and C all have different addresses that would be way to much work for a second line. I'd have 6 variables. NTSC, NTSC 2, PAL. AND Setups A, B and C. I can't do that.

What about...

Notepad + replace

Replace
Code:
 Setup A

with

Code:
 Setup A
20A18904 0000000E

and do that same for setup B, C etc. I can do that if you'd like. I'm sure you have better programs for that than I do though.

Every thing works great so far guys!
Thanks for all your hard work.
If I can help in any way,...let me know,....although I'm not sure how much I can considering the talent you guys have.

Stuck :

Code:
        ophast.Text = ophast.Text + iturbo.Text & ControlChars.CrLf
        If iturbo.Text [COLOR="Red"]=[/COLOR] "20A1890" Then ophast.Text = ophast.Text + "20A18904 0000000E"

I need to set it up so that if the beginning of the code is a certain code, it will add the correct second line after.

the function name for that should be one of this:
contain
substring
midstring
instring
left
leftstring
pos
locate
searchstring

Sorry, I don't have vb.net installed myself

the function name for that should be one of this:
contain
substring
midstring
instring
left
leftstring
pos
locate
searchstring

Sorry, I don't have vb.net installed myself

Code:
If iturbo.Text.Contains

Should have it done by tomorrow.

So yes. Supercharger, Turbo, NA Tune, Spoiler, and Rims can all be 1 line now :)

EDIT: Very sloppy and slow. But here's the code for the turbo button:
Code:
        'NTSC Check + Add
        If iturbo.Text.Contains("20A1F880") Then ophast.Text = ophast.Text + "20A1F884 0000000E" & ControlChars.CrLf
        If iturbo.Text.Contains("20A1F9F8") Then ophast.Text = ophast.Text + "20A1F9FC 0000000E" & ControlChars.CrLf
        If iturbo.Text.Contains("20A1FB70") Then ophast.Text = ophast.Text + "20A1FB74 0000000E" & ControlChars.CrLf

'NTSC 2 Check + Add
        If iturbo.Text.Contains("20A18900") Then ophast.Text = ophast.Text + "20A18904 0000000E" & ControlChars.CrLf
        If iturbo.Text.Contains("20A18A78") Then ophast.Text = ophast.Text + "20A18A7C 0000000E" & ControlChars.CrLf
        If iturbo.Text.Contains("20A18BF0") Then ophast.Text = ophast.Text + "20A18BF4 0000000E" & ControlChars.CrLf

'PAL Check + Add
        If iturbo.Text.Contains("20A2A680") Then ophast.Text = ophast.Text + "20A2A684 0000000E" & ControlChars.CrLf
        If iturbo.Text.Contains("20A2A7F8") Then ophast.Text = ophast.Text + "20A2A7FC 0000000E" & ControlChars.CrLf
        If iturbo.Text.Contains("20A2A970") Then ophast.Text = ophast.Text + "20A2A974 0000000E" & ControlChars.CrLf

here is supercharger, turbo and natune. I calculate wrong though, the turbo list is 7000+ line.

Attachments

• natune.rar
    34.5 KB · Views: 48
  • supercharger.rar
    3.7 KB · Views: 43
  • turbo.rar
    42.5 KB · Views: 46
Not that kind of problem. I mean it would be hard to scroll 7000 line.

Will 100kb+ or 7000 line of text cause a problem to your application?

I'll double check and make sure it's not capped. Might be a load lag, but other than that, we should be good.

Back