GT4 Hybrids on US NTSC version

• Thread starter Quick99Si
  • 9 comments
Long time lurker (since GT2 days), brand new poster here. I am looking to get some clarification as far as hybrids go on NTSC/US GT4, and it seems that this is where all the pros are. I'm interested in very simple hybrids for now, things like Civic/H22A, 240SX/LS1, etc.. to replicate my real life car and my friends'.

1. Has anyone gotten PCSX2 to work with NTSC GT4 (97328)? I've tried v 0.81, 0.91, 0.92 with countless configurations/plugins/BIOS/patches and even computers, and the farthest I got was right before the main menu. The console freezes and the main screen continues to count frames of a completely black screen. The PCSX2 compatibility list agrees. Is there any hope for American GT4?

2. I downloaded the NTSC gamesaves from this thread and played around with the cars. It seems that you can only have one hybrid car per save, is that true? Does the car revert back to stock when traded between game saves? If possible, how do you get multiple hybrids on one save?

3. Can PAL saves be converted to NTSC? Or are there other places to source NTSC game saves with hybrids on them to play around with?

Thanks for reading if you got this far... If you need help with anything I've mentioned or any files that are hard to find, you can reach me at ambient99_at_comcast_net and I'll do my best to help :)

My setup:
Old PS2 // HDLoader fully-patched // PS2 Save Builder to extract saves // ExecFTP to transfer saves

Adi

I can run it.

Try to load the game using pcsx29-icc-050810-sse2.exe or pcsx29-050810-sse-vc05b2.exe, using one of NTSC hybrid savegame posted in this forum.

use this patch:
gametitle=Gran Turismo 4 NTSC U/C SCUS97328
//skip Videos
patch=1,EE,00100D84,word,24100001

the patch filename need to be the same as crc code displayed on pcsx2 console terminal.

LOL.....didn't realize the savegame was so important.....so I downloaded yours (.MAX) and imported it into my pcsx2 with mymc.
The exe I was looking for was the one Sucahyo was talking about.
Thanks to your save, it fires up now, but when the cars are displayed they seem to leave ongoing tracers untill every thing is blurry.
I guess I have some tweaking to do.
Thx DS

LOL.....didn't realize the savegame was so important.....so I downloaded yours (.MAX) and imported it into my pcsx2 with mymc.
The exe I was looking for was the one Sucahyo was talking about.
Thanks to your save, it fires up now, but when the cars are displayed they seem to leave ongoing tracers untill every thing is blurry.
I guess I have some tweaking to do.
Thx DS

oh, tracers in pcsx2? Mines was doing that, I figured it was pcsx2 acting up. Works fine when I play it in my ps2, even a fresh save or another imported one does that with the graphics.

Hello. I have been searching for days, trying to figure out how the make gt4 hybrids. I am stuck trying to get the emulator to work. I have pcsx2 and pcsx2t both start the game but after the copyright screen its just stays black. I have looked for patches and I even made one (I think). Nothing works. I own a legitimate copy of gt4 and my ps2 and everything else. I am at my wits end. I have a ntsc version of gt4. I have tried evey suggestion I have found but am totally lost. Can anyone out there help me get my emulator to run so I can try to get to the next step of GT4 hybriding. Thank you in advance.

i have been hybriding since the gray gameshark for psx. I am having trouble getting gt4 to run on my computer. I have never had much luck with emulators so I am really in the dark on this one. If someone who has NTSC gt4 running on their computer could post their setup (including patches) I am confidant I can do the rest. I am unsure about my version of pcsx2 or pcsx2t, my iso file, my bios. I have no idea how the phaste thing works. I am absolutely lost. Please, some one help me.

make sure your patches name matches the crc error:
pcsx2errorqp5.png

for ntsc it should contain:
gametitle=Gran Turismo 4 NTSC U/C SCUS97328
//skip Videos
patch=1,EE,00100D84,word,24100001

Back