GT4 online beta test

Is anyone else a part of this? I got my email from sony today cause of that playstation underground gamer advisory panel thing. It said its limited to 3000 spots, I expect it to fill up quickly. I figure atleast some of you GT addicts made it in too :)

silent_bob_ger
damn, just japanese and north american versions of the beta. :banghead:
what i need is a european test version.
Well, you got Prologue and we didn't.
Maybe it was just our turn, this time.

Cheers,

MasterGT

skylineGTR_guy
Yeah,

Ill try and post any details and answer any questions I can, and I'll try to get some screenshots :)

Hopefully you can, other beta's like the Flight sim X beta your not even allowed to acknowledge you are a part of it, big hush hush.

I wish they'd release GT4 Online. Racing online with your buddies, or guys from this website would a blast!..... Actually, maybe not you guys. Some of you are unbelievably fast. :D

Anyway, I just wanted to share an IGN story on this GT4 Online Beta. They have screen shots in the gallery, also.

a6m5
I wish they'd release GT4 Online. Racing online with your buddies, or guys from this website would a blast!..... Actually, maybe not you guys. Some of you are unbelievably fast. :D

Anyway, I just wanted to share an IGN story on this GT4 Online Beta. They have screen shots in the gallery, also.

that's looking pretty nice :) 👍

THe Beta is just an free copy of GT4 plus online. THere's offline GT mode and Arcade with all the cars unlocked in each, with 110 million credits for tuning each of the 700 cars.

The beta players are of poor quality, generally, and good players need to watch themselves.

Also, I'm told that you can all agree to use one car, but then at least one player will come in with a super car and sweep first place. Also, everyone can press the "Start Now" button and, if you are setting up your car, tough luck. Of course, there are no host abilities to boot someone from the race or ban them, if they do this.

This doesn't sound like a lot of fun, including a room full of wall-riders and bashers, too.

Cheers,

MasterGT

basically a full version of GT4 but every car is unlocked, you have 700+ cars in your garage and you start with 110,000,000 credits and every single car unlocked in arcade mode too, plus you can play online agaist other people, other than that its just the GT4 you know and love

the thing about the start now button is true, altough most players I've run across are really nice people :)

I believe so. That's what it says on IGN.com link provided by someone here, previously. And on that site, you can find videoes of how bad these IGN guys drive.

Is it true the beta ends on August 3rd? What are the chances someone will setup another server that will alllow beta testers to continue to race online indefinitely?

isamu
Is it true the beta ends on August 3rd? What are the chances someone will setup another server that will alllow beta testers to continue to race online indefinitely?

I think it would involve some hacking since it automatically connects to the server.

skylineGTR_guy
I think it would involve some hacking since it automatically connects to the server.
The Japanese beta finishes at the end of August—records etc., are collected with reference to your gran-turismo.com username and password. Does the American version use your Underground login as an equivalent?

ALPHA
The Japanese beta finishes at the end of August—records etc., are collected with reference to your gran-turismo.com username and password. Does the American version use your Underground login as an equivalent?

Actually it doesnt use any of them. I'm not a member of gran-turismo.com and I didnt use my underground sn (although upon checking the website it seems that the underground and the gran-turismo.com accounts are one and the same since I was logged in depsite never having visited the site before)
I just loaded the game and clicked register and made a new account, it doesnt seem that they have any restrictions.

What I meant in my post was that the IP address or whatever for the main global room is automatically set, so you cant change where to connect, it only looks for that server and i dont see a way to change it. So once its shut down after the beta, if users wanted to set up their own server to still play on (or using software similar to xbox connect) that they would have to hack where the game looks for the server.

Back