GT4 Online Edition - Japanese Manual and Screens

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4' started by VV, Jun 2, 2006.

1. VV

VV

livemusic likes this.
  2. Cosmic

Cosmic (Banned)

Nice! :tup:

3. ALPHA

ALPHA

Nice work VV—I was about to start extracting them myself, lucky I checked that GTP’s online!

Some more pictures. ;)

EDIT: Comparisons between original retail NTSC–J GT4 and GT4Online packaging.

livemusic likes this.
  4. Cosmic

Cosmic (Banned)

Anyone know the price yet?

5. livemusic

livemusic Premium

Good job, VV! :tup:

6. VV

VV

For the moment, this game is not for sale. It's a private beta-test program with pre-registered gamers.

7. Pebb

Pebb

Maybe they have snuck some new british cars into the game.

8. DuckRacer

DuckRacer Premium

...And left out more useless Japanese 10HP cars.

Personally, if there's a C6 in it, I'll be happy.

9. Gen.

Gen.

Oh. My. God.

I thought the day would never come. :(

10. jimihemmy

jimihemmy Premium

OK...so I see this is a beta test version... but the 2 most important questions are:
    Does anyone have an idea about:

1) Release date?
    2) Besides online, what is different from GT4?

11. samj_13

samj_13

Hopefully they do amke this in english too, everyone in the UK, US, and AUS will go nuts.

I also hope they fix some minor glitches in the game too. Like AI "follow the leader crashes" and realistic tire wear.

12. JFM92_GTRacer

JFM92_GTRacer

13. GT4_Rule

GT4_Rule

So it's not out yet? I would've asked my friend to buy it for me in Japan if it's been out. But I'm pretty sure it won't work with the English version of the saved game...

14. franz

franz Premium

Just watched the video on IGN
    it looks pretty much lag free
    that's a good news :tup:

Since PD already make a beta version
    I don't see why not release the final version in near future
    I am getting it no matter they are on PS2 or PS3

15. VV

VV

If each driver can use his own settings on his car, it's very interesting.

16. PS2NATION

PS2NATION

No north american beta release, once again the japanese leave us out. I think I may be leading more towards microsoft from here on in, they take care of us in north america.

17. opendriver

opendriver

18. SavageEvil

SavageEvil

Did everyone all of a sudden go crazy? It's a beta, testing for PS3's online service, which obviously the PS2 is able to connect to, since it's broadband only. It's just a test for latency and playability, make sure it's damn near perfected before Kaz includes it in GT5. You people need to relax some, there is no GT4 Online coming out, just wait and relax. If they even release GT4 Online it's only if PS3 doesn't break out of the gates sales wise.

19. Ryosuke_Gumna

Ryosuke_Gumna

Great! I can't wait. It is still beta, from what I watched the videos, it looks clean.

20. Mikey15

Mikey15

I noticed some bumper cars action in the gameplay videos. :( I hope online isn't a case of who can bash their way around the track the best. Apart from that, it looks good.

21. un_peacekeeper

un_peacekeeper

I think it says on the site, release is between July 1st to August 31st.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt4ol/index.html

You're nuts.

22. greenlightning

greenlightning

Looks like online mode in the next version of GT is on the right track. Not sure if using cars from your garage is an option, but looks like you will at least be able to race tuned cars. Also like the fact that there will be severall methods to do online racing. Also like the fact that you can see the persons name above the car, but hope this can be turned off or on.
    Hope some can translate most of the manual that the link goes to sometime soon. I am confident that regardless of what they improve and include with the next GT, that the online mode will be very good.

23. SavageEvil

SavageEvil

Hey look it's another one..., all it takes is a few minutes to read and you will understand what I wrote, guess you didn't so, can't really do anything about that now can I.

Why do some people even reply to some posts is beyond me, you are a prime example of one of those people.

24. un_peacekeeper

un_peacekeeper

I read and understood your misunderstanding of the PS2 game. And no, the game itself is not a beta test for the PS3 even though it may give some valuable information for Sony to make their PS3 online system. Thank you very much.

25. amar212

amar212 Premium

And now just imagine the 2 years delay from original japanese release date in favor to online function be integral part of GT4 as all of us wanted.. :D

BTW Packing and disc pics available on blog of IGN's author of preview..

http://blogs.ign.com/anoopg/

Famine, we should begin countdown who will get it first for the collection :)

26. SavageEvil

SavageEvil

Last I heard this was a demo, not an official release...not a beta test? So let me get this straight, PD will waste valuable time and resources on a game for PS2, when Sony wants them to have GT5 ready by PS3 first year out? OK, I give in, that rationale just makes total sense. Also click the link in the previous posters' post.

27. KSaiyu

KSaiyu (Banned)

That says the beta service will be from July1st to Aug31st

28. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

Yeah, KSaiyu's right. There's no release date yet, or even any confirmation of a release.

29. sony_gamer

sony_gamer

how u sign up for pre register ?

cus i want to be a beta tester too

i have been playing gt4 online though xlink since the day it came out

this will be a addition to the game because it will allow me to use tuned cars online and not just stock like i have been doing

30. Dave A

Dave A Premium

I don't think you can now, but it's a test in Japan anyway, so unless your living in Japan you couldn't in the first place.