GT4:P ruined GT3 ?

• Thread starter Yellwmonky
  • 15 comments
I've just recently beaten GT4:P by getting all golds!!! :cool:

Well, today i've gone back and tried to play gt3 for a bit and it just......sucks. I feel like that game is very unrealistic now. It doesn't have the great feeling of GT4. In GT4 I felt I used the pressure sensitive buttons a lot more than in gt3. Now when I go back to gt3, it doesn't work as well as in GT4! Ahhh...the gt4 engine is just too damn good. It ruined gt3 for me !!!

Anyone else feel that way?

I'm still having fun with GT3 but mostly because I still do iLinks. Otherwise I would probably hardly touch it anymore ...

I never played GT3 after I played GTC, likewise I haven't played much of GTC since I got GT : P. Still play GT2 occasionally though due to the sheer amount of cars & tracks, pity the graphics look so awful now.

(Although GTC does have the greatness that is the Jaguar, nothing beats races on Autumn ring in 2player :D, just don't whack throttle on going around corners in 1st :) )

Originally posted by Arwin
I'm still having fun with GT3 but mostly because I still do iLinks. Otherwise I would probably hardly touch it anymore ...

Oh yeah...that too. My office has a game room with several 20" TVs with PS2s. I bought a hub, some cables and a couple extra copies of GT3. GT heaven - 3 screens wide... :D

So ... it's really that much better? I'm a bit surprised by that.

What was everyones' reaction going from GT1 to GT2?

I went to play GT3 and I was amazed at the improvement on the car models from GT3. I think the first car I drove was the S14, it's not that noticable but after a while you realise little improvements here and there. Most of the engine noises sound kinda crappy.

Putting in a fast lap with a normal car in GT3 (no driving aids) compared to GT4 is allot harder. Timing your gearchanges correcty in a stock car is even more essential than in GT3, change too early and your car will drop allot of revs. Also the shifting in roadcars is allot slower, unlike the almost instant feel GT3 has. If you clip a rear wheel on the grass at any speed, say hello to a spin or some manic corrective driving.

nah, not really i have Gt4p and Gt3 but i play mostly play Gt3.. its a good thing i have prologue but now that i got the golds.. i don't know so i just put it aside, ordered Battle gear3 yesterday so, it must be here today :) caint wait, i want to wait playing gt4 untill the final is out.. i have patience :odd: (hurry pd!!) :D
grtz

I can't go back!! gt3 just doesn't have the real car feeling that gt4 has. i agree that the sounds are not top notch. Anyone notice the crackling noise ? It's especially noticeable when you hit the curbs. Also there is the lack of bass. I wanna hear the rumble of the cars! Even the Ford GT...just doesn't growl the way it should. I'm hoping the sound is nowhere near complete.

Are you using a HiFi system with a powered subwoofer with your PS2? Someone said that the bass comes in fine with a decent and powerful audio system. I think it was in the "Car Sounds" thread.

i have a very nice system complete with a 14inch sub. ;)

The sound quality just isnt' there yet. I'm sure the sound wasn't a big priority for prologue. I'm 'sure it will be vastly improved when it's finally released.

Well GT: Ps sound is deffinately alot better than other GT's, so atleast their going in the right direction. Just hope they add exhaust pops, scraping noises, better skidding noises etc...

I'm sorry but I really think thats the whole purpose of a completely new game. It shouldnt have the same feel as the old one unless its like a scrolling action game like contra which knows it should never go 3D. Anyway, I havent gotten GTP for that exact reason, instead I went back, finished up GT3 and just bought GT2 to play throught that again, just to get me pumped up. For anyone else I highly recommend because I cant wait for GT4 to come out but I have the depth of GT2 and the graphics of GT3.

Back