GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 21

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 182 comments

Slick6

Premium
United States
United States
Welcome to the 21st Week of the GT4 PhotoMode Competition.
219if.jpg

Please read all rules. Inability to follow rules will result in disqualification from the competition.

rulesnew8nf.jpg

• Do not use anyone else’s work. Only use your own.
  • Do not use an entry from a previous competition.
  • We are using a system in which the winner of a previous competition that chose the theme for this week, will also at the end of the week skim through and select their top 20 entries to be placed on the poll.
  • Photoshop can be used to crop, rotate, resize, adjust brightness and contrast, and for adding text. Changing color curves or manipulating is prohibited.
  • Post your final entry in RED letters. Such as “FINAL ENTRY”
    [*]Only one entry may be submitted, and it must be uploaded using Imageshack and have the thumbnail picture.
    [*]http://imageshack.us/
  • Please Submit your Final Entry and no more than 2 Honorable Mentions.
  • You will not ask others to choose your Final Entry.
  • A preview image may be used, but it may be no bigger than 300*400 pixels by either photo orientation. If one is used then no honorable mentions may be posted along with the entry. If no preview image is used then the regular honorable mention rules apply.

deadlinenew4yz.jpg

• The competitions will run in much the same manner as the other artistic competitions. The approximate deadline is:
    July 23rd.

themenew8wv.jpg

• This week’s competition will be restricted to "Rivalries" as chosen by myself (Slick6) under instruction of week 19 winner jmx2222.

• Further explanation of theme:
  • Cars: Famous rivalries such as the Subaru WRX vs. Lancer Evolution or Camaro vs. Mustang
    [*]Any rivalry that is not well known must have to proof to back it up.
    [*]Track: Any location
    [*]Must contain only the two subjects in the photo.

Disqualified list:
None

-----------------------------------------------------------------

jmx2222
nope :) I asked Slick to pick the theme.
It's completely his own idea...and it's a good one IMO:tup:

oh yes. now i see :dunce: :dunce:

its a great idea, gonna take some brainwork to get a decent rivalry picture

I have a feeling we'll see a lot of Camaros vs Mustangs, and Evos vs Imprezas... :lol:

I guess it doesn't have to be an exact real life rivalry, just try to think of things that are in the same class and have about the same HP.

chinko
thats why i asked about the 300ZX :lol:
Maybe some sort of Supra?

I might stick with the obvious. Toyota vs Honda. :)

Too bad they don't have either Totota nor BAR Honda colours for the F1 car.

Oh yeah Slick6, so can I pick different coloured F1 cars to represent rivalries. For instance red Ferrari vs silver black Mclaren Mercedes. Will that work or no ??

No I think we need to stay away from race cars on this one. I'm going to add that to the rules. 👍

Slick6
I guess it doesn't have to be an exact real life rivalry, just try to think of things that are in the same class and have about the same HP.

Maybe some sort of Supra?

could do that i guess. 89 300ZX Vs an 80's Supra looks enticing. can you save 2 player replays btw?

Race cars are allowed. I've changed my mind, don't worry it's final this time. :lol:

nice idea... lot of thought required for this one.

heh, too bad i already used my viper vs vette shots last week. ;)

Slick6
Race cars are allowed. I've changed my mind, don't worry it's final this time. :lol:

Then you could quite easily take a photo from last week's - DTM or JGTC rivalry.... surely we dont want the same stuff 2 weeks running?? Anyway.. I shall be shooting with road cars methinks, just need to think of something good.

GREAT theme! I think this week is gonna turn out some really nice pics considering a lot of people are probably going to use a lot of the same cars we're going to have to be extra creative this week!

And with such strict car requirements I also predict some spicy arguments and accusations.

I was thinking Porsche vs. Corvette. You see them racing it out alot in the North American GT car races on Speed, and I saw a thing on Car and Driver the other day about comparing the new C6 and a new Porsche. Just not exactly sure they are Rivals... Does Porsche have any other rivals?

I've got an idea. Try to be as realistic as possible, but take pictures of what you think are good rivalries and I'll go from there. But I won't be picking out of the blue combinations such as a fully modded MR2 and a stock skyline. Try to keep them the same as the class they're in. I'd recommend visiting http://www.caranddriver.com/ and view some of their comparison tests.

mintee
For all of you wondering what's a rivalry and what isn't I have one word for you...Google. Stop being lazy.

i tried google. unless you use very specific criteria its no help.

Slick6
I've got an idea. Try to be as realistic as possible, but take pictures of what you think are good rivalries and I'll go from there. But I won't be picking out of the blue combinations such as a fully modded MR2 and a stock skyline. Try to keep them the same as the class they're in. I'd recommend visiting http://www.caranddriver.com/ and view some of their comparison tests.

As for GT4, the best thing to do is launch a Family Cup in any track using a car with stock parts. 👍

Well, i'll open the ball with my Final Entry.

FINAL ENTRY

Note: I see them as rivals since they're both Italian supercars. Of course, they never been rivals in real life, but since the Cizeta is a Lambo like... I think they match.

Honorable mention :

It's been going since the mid 80s... hot hatch fans in North America that drive either car wouldn't be caught dead in the other. In some parts, it's not just a rivalry, it's an all out war. Both cars have grown helplessy, gained weight and softened out, but nevertheless, both camps are still going strong. Both have serious enthusiasts and total retards, and both have strong aftermarket presence.

VW Sucks. :P

Final entry

Back