GT4 PhotoMode Competition: Week 8

• Thread starter Slick6
  • 145 comments

Slick6

Premium
United States
United States
Welcome to the 8th Week of the GT4 PhotoMode Competition.
83ed.jpg

Please read all rules. Inability to follow rules will result in disqualification from the competition.

rules2wc.jpg

• Do not use anyone else’s work. Only use your own.
  • Do not use an entry from a previous competition.
  • Photoshop can be used to crop, resize, adjust brightness and contrast, and for adding text. Changing color curves or manipulating is prohibited.
  • Post your final entry in RED letters. Such as “FINAL ENTRY”
    [*]Only one entry may be submitted, and it must be uploaded using Imageshack and have the thumbnail picture.
http://imageshack.us/

deadline2tc.jpg

The competitions will run in much the same manner as the other artistic competitions. The approximate deadline is:
April 23rd.

theme9sq.jpg

This week’s competition will be restricted to "DTM Battle on Apricot Hill Raceway" as chosen by Week 6 winner speedthrill.

[New!] Please note that we are using a new system in which the winner of a previous competition that chose the theme for this week, will also at the end of the week skim through and select their top 20 entries to be placed on the poll.

Any questions, please PM me, or E-mail me at kobyw989@gmail.com

Further explanation of theme:
"At least 2 German Touring Cars in the shot, and they must be racing not posing"

Cars you can enter in DTM championship in the European events:- Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI Race Car (The red runner Alfa Romeo in the DTM series. Its engine goes up to 16'000RPM. An old DTM car. Still strange though because it's an italian car running in a german series)
- Audi A4 Touring Car (Sponsored by Red Bull, can be bought)
- Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car (Also sponsored by Red Bull, can be bought)
- Mercedes-Benz AMG 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car (US and EU S16 license test)
- Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car (The same as the one in GT3, gray D2 Mercedes, can be bought)
- Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) (Also the same as the one in GT3)
- Opel Calibra Touring Car (Also the same as the one in GT3)
- Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car (Vauxhall is the same as Opel. It's like Honda in Japan and Acura in the USA or Toyota and Lexus)
- Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car (Vauxhall is the same as Opel. It's like Honda in Japan and Acura in the USA or Toyota and Lexus)

Important note : The BMW M3 GTR is not a DTM car. It's an FIA GT car, so unallowed car for this week's comp.

this is what I interpret
"At least 2 German Touring Cars in the shot, and they must be racing not posing"

If I enter an arcade race on Apricot Hill with a DTM car I imagine it should give me others to race against, but is there a particular series in GT mode that guarantees a full field of DTM spec cars on AH?

Brock5000
If I enter an arcade race on Apricot Hill with a DTM car I imagine it should give me others to race against, but is there a particular series in GT mode that guarantees a full field of DTM spec cars on AH?

it took me a really really long time to get this... the arcade mode race on Apricot hill came up with almost all JGTC cars every time... so that was annoying. then i went to the original circuits icon in GT mode and tried it with the "track meet" and with "family cup" and neither ever registered with more then 2 other DTM cars in a race... needless to say that i was quite frustrated by now. I tried for about a half hour or more to find an all DTM field on that track... after almost an hour, this is what i came up with...

Final Entry

I know there is a German touring car series in European Hall
but I can't remember if AH is included ...

speedthrill played trick on us :indiff: j/k :)
I guess this week is harder to obtain a good photo
and most of the photos will be more identical than JGTC week
by comparing the car list and length of the track

can we have a poll regarding changing the theme

This theme could be renamed
"Battle in finding a race on apricot hill with 2 or more DTM cars"

Honestly.... it's not that hard. Pick a DTM car, and go to the track in GT mode. Choose Track Meet, make sure another DTM car is in the line up...then shadow him.

Personally, the fact it's a more challenging theme is a good thing. So what if it requires a bit more work or forethought?

ya but the challenge is in getting another DTM car, it gives you so little freedom. I guess its just not inspiring me, I guess other people may like it. Which is why I wouldn't mind a POLL on the subject, because I'm assuming most people would rather have a different theme.

No way! Less chances of people getting good shots is fine, it should bring down the entry count for the week. 100+ entries to sift through is not fun, I forsee the competition this week being very stiff. Fewer will enter and with such a difficult theme, all the pictures should be amazing. 👍 Go speedthrill!

FINAL ENTRY

Another excellent theme - I've got about 5 shots all worthy so I'll probably change my mind before the comp ends.

Im sure this is already in the works, but can we get a complete list of all acceptable cars. Ive taken the past few weeks off from the photomode comp. but Im back this week and intend to make the top 20 :sly:

I would, but I actually don't know what a DTM car is. From looking at these pictures and googling the term, it seems that they are a sort of German Touring Car. I PM'ed speedthrill, and I'm waiting for a response. If nothing else, just look at some of the other photos to get an idea of what's eligible. :)

Slick6
I would, but I actually don't know what a DTM car is. From looking at these pictures and googling the term, it seems that they are a sort of German Touring Car. I PM'ed speedthrill, and I'm waiting for a response. If nothing else, just look at some of the other photos to get an idea of what's eligible. :)

Well, I know what a DTM car is, but I know they were a bit pickey when it came to the JGTC cars (such as the R32 Calsonic Skyline....basically a JGTC car...just not "technically" JGTC, it is still a Japanese GT race car...close enough - but I digress)...I just would like to make it perfectly clear before I submit.

DTM is the grand touring championship in Germany. DTM means "Deutsche Tourenwagen Masterchip". Details on this series at www.dtm.de (deustch and possibly and english version also).

Cars you can enter in DTM championship in the European events
- Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI Race Car (The red runner Alfa Romeo in the DTM series. Its engine goes up to 16'000RPM. An old DTM car. Still strange though because it's an italian car running in a german series)
- Audi A4 Touring Car (Sponsored by Red Bull, can be bought)
- Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car (Also sponsored by Red Bull, can be bought)
- Mercedes-Benz AMG 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II Touring Car (US and EU S16 license test)
- Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car (The same as the one in GT3, gray D2 Mercedes, can be bought)
- Opel Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) (Also the same as the one in GT3)
- Opel Calibra Touring Car (Also the same as the one in GT3)
- Vauxhall Astra Super Touring Car (Vauxhall is the same as Opel. It's like Honda in Japan and Acura in the USA or Toyota and Lexus)
- Vauxhall Calibra Super Touring Car (Vauxhall is the same as Opel. It's like Honda in Japan and Acura in the USA or Toyota and Lexus)

Important note : The BMW M3 GTR is not a DTM car. It's an FIA GT car, so unallowed car for this week's comp.

Maybe I miss 1 or 2 cars, but I think that's all we can take for a DTM car.

franz
I know there is a German touring car series in European Hall
but I can't remember if AH is included ...

in my PAL version it has a'Duetsche (i musta spelt that wrong) touring car miestershaft' series event that includes Apricot Hill

Oh yeah.. all final entry so far are valid entries. All running on AHR and featuring at least two DTM cars, going from early 90s to early 2000. The most recent car is the A4 DTM. She ran the series in 2004. Same as the Audi TT Abt if I remember well.

only 7 cars to choose
not many combination we have here ...
but anyhow, it is all about style, and nothing much to do with the car you choose obviously
I guess many entry will go for same manufacturor cars head to head

I've yet to see a DTM car against me, and I've been trying for at least an hour... Themes are getting a bit too strict/anal retentive, in my opinion.

Back