Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
By popular request I bring you the Photomode Magazine Cover Competition. This will be a weekly thing to test both the photoshop abilities and photomode abilities of residents of the planet.

Rules:

Only Imageshack thumbnails will be considered for entry.
Use your own pictures.
One entry per person, per week.
Mark FINAL ENTRY in red on your final entry.
Stick with the theme.
Cite all sources you get your magazine logos from (not on the magazine, but in the post)
The picking will go like the Photomode Competition goes by a poll
Failure to abide by the rules results in DQ.

Theme

This weeks theme, as picked by 440 Charger, will be American Muscle Cars. This will be any American muscle car from any year. The car must have at least 8 cylinders. Race cars may be used but try to stick to the older Corvette one please.

The Jay Leno Tank Car may not be used.

Deadline
Sunday April 24th.

There ya go, good ole American Muscle Cars!:dopey: Ya just can't beat em! There are lots of Muscle Car magazines you can look at to get some good ideas. I have about 100 Mopar Muscle, Mopar Collectors Guide, and Mopar Action magazines laying around in my room, so I will probably get some good idears from those. There are alot of other Muscle Car magazines too like Hot Rod and stuff like that. I am a Mopar guy, as you can tell, so I don't really know much of any GM or Ford Muscle Car mags, so, you can always search around for some. Anyways, good luck to you all and hope you enjoy the theme as much as I will!:)

worked forever on this :indiff: *holds eyes in head* :crazy: gnite
FINAL ENTRY

(^is imageshack^)
(Ford logo off fords website, barcode from google images, recreated the MotorTrend logo from scratch.
(anyone know -why- we have to say where we got logos and stuff from?)

Cool, I'll definatly give this ago in a day or two 👍

Blake

BlazinXtreme
By popular request I bring you the Photomode Magazine Cover Competition. This will be a weekly thing to test both the photoshop abilities and photomode abilities of residents of the planet.

Rules:

Only Imageshack thumbnails will be considered for entry.
Use your own pictures.
One entry per person, per week.
Mark FINAL ENTRY in red on your final entry.
Stick with the theme.
Cite all sources you get your magazine logos from (not on the magazine, but in the post)
The picking will go like the Photomode Competition goes by a poll
Failure to abide by the rules results in DQ.

:dopey: I want some dairy queen!

Theme

This weeks theme, as picked by 440 Charger, will be American Muscle Cars. This will be any American muscle car from any year. The car must have at least 8 cylinders. Race cars may be used but try to stick to the older Corvette one please.

The Jay Leno Tank Car may not be used.

Deadline
Sunday April 24th.

:sly:

FINAL ENTRY!

MM&FF logo from Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords, google search.
Shaker from Ford Motor Co. literature.

I think that chick ruins it ... you need a hotter one :)
maybe the gradient on background should be reverse
or try to use 440's style, darken the original background

franz
I think that chick ruins it ... you need a hotter one :)
maybe the gradient on background should be reverse
or try to use 440's style, darken the original background

It was a quick 1/2 a hour job just stuffing around really.

FINAL ENTRY

left = big / right = small

Hope this tickles everyones fancy! :dopey:
Also hoping for a great battle this week!
Good luck to everyone competing! :)👍

can i mention an australian car? Im still gonna have an american muscle car as my main shot, but i want to mention something in a teaser or something like that.

Evo Paul
Feedback ?? 👍
Quit squishing your pictures.

Get rid of the rain, you used it on the last one. You're gonna play it out too fast.

Take a slower photo so the wheels are blurred. Blurry wheels give a sense of motion, you car looks like it's parked on the hill.

Pretty nice other than those 3 things.

dori-san
Quit squishing your pictures.

Get rid of the rain, you used it on the last one. You're gonna play it out too fast.

Take a slower photo so the wheels are blurred. Blurry wheels give a sense of motion, you car looks like it's parked on the hill.

Pretty nice other than those 3 things.

Hmm i dnt think the pic looks too squished :s

I can see what you mean about the wheels they do look a bit wood, but i want to use the lights on the pic, and they look out of place without the rain :crazy:

Nice work fellas 👍

Evo, nice work on the lens flare on the lights. Looks good. Oh, and cool name. Not a Muse fan are ya? The name works well.

My Left Yarble
Nice work fellas 👍

Evo, nice work on the lens flare on the lights. Looks good. Oh, and cool name. Not a Muse fan are ya? The name works well.

Hehe i am actually, i was thinking of a name including muscle, and it just popped into my head ! hehe 👍

[FPV]Rusty
can i mention an australian car? Im still gonna have an american muscle car as my main shot, but i want to mention something in a teaser or something like that.

I suppose. Actually, I think I may just include the Australian cars too because there are only like 3 any ways so... Let me know what one you are wanting to use.

eastley
Ok here's one I made up quickly, let me know what you all think...

Yeah, lose the girl. She seems to be the main emphasis on your mag. And she looks too much like an import tunerz girl rather than a muscle car babe.

Guys I'm new to this, and it is my first time to do anything like this
so go easy on me. Please write what do i need to improve . :nervous:

Keep at it guys! :)
And Blaiz, the car floating in the sky looks a bit rough on the edges. And maybe center the vette picture on top of the yellow box. And change the yellow to maybe red or dk blue with white lettering? Change the red words at top to black or white. red is hard to read, and maybe not so much slant. But other than that :-p

FINAL ENTRY

*edit* forgot to say where I got everything from...

Super Chevy logo from desktop photo found on google, LS-7 Engine pic from google search,barcode found on google, the article headlines were pulled from various issues of superchevy covers.

Easy$$
FINAL ENTRY

Nice! Dammit stole my engine in the top corner idea!! Lol only jokin nice mag, i mite leave it this week and concerntrate on my fav mags, wait until a better theme comes along 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back