GT4 Prize Cars!

• Thread starter synth61
  • 69 comments
I just got all golds in the green level license test!!! I don't think it was as difficult as some of the gold tests in GT3.

But this is the prize car I got! A Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car '03!! WTF?!

Here's a really crappy pic taken with my cell phone cam.

EDIT: I just raced this thing in Arcade mode. it's got that weird 1-speed tranny thing that takes it past 200kph. but get this, it's a two seater open top car and you can check out the guys in the car! plus when you get enough g's, going around a turn or whatever, the guy in the rear's head bobs back and forth like in real life. this game is SO cool!

Attachments

• toyotatriathlon.jpg
    toyotatriathlon.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 657
Originally posted by maskrider
I've seen this in an auto demo replay.

How many cars do you have after winning this one ?

i've only finished the green licenses so far. i'll work on yellow later. it's 2am in japan, i have to go to sleep, even though i really don't want to.

here's another iffy pic of the car showing the driver and the pasenger behind him.

Attachments

• tria2.jpg
    tria2.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 619
Originally posted by synth61
i've only finished the green licenses so far. i'll work on yellow later. it's 2am in japan, i have to go to sleep, even though i really don't want to.

here's another iffy pic of the car showing the driver and the pasenger behind him.

Yes, I have watched that closely in the auto demo replays, the drivers look very metallic.

BTW, I am playing the purple tests (the 2nd lot). But the best ones are only Silver for me. Heh. :)

Thats mad, in a very cool sort of way but still mad, please can anyone with any prize cars especially cars not seen yet post pics of them.

who am i kidding i can't fall asleep! i just finished the orange tests, ALL GOLD! The prize car is....

Mazda Kusabi.

this is concept car that i saw at the tokyo motor show. the car i think has regular door to get into the driver and passenger seat, but the back hatch area opens into a right half and left hal, kinda like gullwing doors but with the hinges on the sides, instead of in the middle.

sorry the quality and size are so bad, i don't have access to better equipment now. in the next couple of days i'll try to get a better digital camera from my friend. -syn

here's the fuzzy cell phone pic.

Attachments

• kusabi1a.jpg
    kusabi1a.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 604
another pic. man i hope i'm not ruining these for you guys that want to find out the prize cars for yourselves...

Attachments

• kusabi2a.jpg
    kusabi2a.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 577
They'd be stupid to click on a thread called prize cars if they didn't want to know them, keep up the good work.

got gold on all the blues! this one took WAY longer than both green and orange combined. i'm not looking forward to the red tests!!;)

the car: mitsubishi i '03

I've never seen this car, anyone know more about it? here's another pic.

Attachments

• i1a.jpg
    i1a.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 522
I see now why PD didn't make this game available for the US. It has way too many tiny cars in it. I heard PD got a lot of complaints from Americans about too many tiny cars in GT2.

GT needs tiny cars as well as bigger cars, the tiny cars are important, especially the Pitz.

Why complain about that, seriousley, GT2 was a fab game. I don'tcare if theres a load of tiny cars in GT4 as long as they arn't replacing the better cars. And don't say they are cos they take up disc space, thats true they do take up space but PD only have so many licences for cars to be in the game, they will make good use of them.

In my opinion, the more the merrier :D Just as long as they include as many performance cars as they can, then bring on the small cars, just means more racing for me!

you want small cars?? here's another one... this was after finishing the red license tests, all GOLD... of course. the nsx slalom test took me forever!!

this car i also saw at the tokyo motor show. while the specs aren't listed in GT4P... these are the specs from the official suzuki catalog from the show.

Suzuki Concept S2
1.597L 4-cyl 16v DOHC
6-speed MT
Front Engine-Front Drive

one of the guys i was with told me this engine is supposed to put out like 140hp. but this is TOTAL speculation.

here's the pic. -syn

Attachments

• s21a.jpg
    s21a.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 478
a better pic of the Concept S2.

by the way, after finishing the first screen of green, orange, blue and red tests, there's another screen with about 10-12 'purple' tests. these are freakin' hard. i'll try my damnedest over the weekend to get all gold on these as well.

Attachments

• s22a.jpg
    s22a.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 472
Awesome work, synth61! How many hours did you spend getting all the golds?

BTW, those cars all look awful skinny! I think you may be running 16:9 mode (the default) on a regular TV... check your options! Or are all those cars just really skinny? :D

nice pics!

my friend is going to bring his camera over tonight, so i should have some new and better and bigger photos up during the weekend.

Originally posted by ryangs
Awesome work, synth61! How many hours did you spend getting all the golds?

BTW, those cars all look awful skinny! I think you may be running 16:9 mode (the default) on a regular TV... check your options! Or are all those cars just really skinny? :D

ummm... i totally had it in 16:9!!! .:banghead:
what's really funny is now, playing in 4:3 the cars look grossly fat to me.

the green test took less than an hour. the yellow about an hour. blue maybe 2 hours, and red about 2 hours. these are just estimates. i'm used to this stuff 'cuz i got all gold in GT3 and spent 100s of hours on those.

-syn

Originally posted by live4speed
GT needs tiny cars as well as bigger cars, the tiny cars are important, especially the Pitz.

Why complain about that, seriousley, GT2 was a fab game. I don'tcare if theres a load of tiny cars in GT4 as long as they arn't replacing the better cars. And don't say they are cos they take up disc space, thats true they do take up space but PD only have so many licences for cars to be in the game, they will make good use of them.

I agree. One of my more favorite cars in GT2 was the Mazda Demio A-Spec. It sounded and handled awesome.

There are too many stupid people in America. I wish Yamauchi would just ignore them and release GTC and Prologue anyway. PD could place both games on one disc and sell it for $30.00 or so. They should add a few American cars to the list, like the Ford SHO Taurus, or something, to make more "idiot" appealing.

Originally posted by Gek54
maskrider, What hardware and software are you using to capture those images?

Hardware : LifeView FlyVideo 2000 (Philips SAA7130 based) PCTV card, dirt cheap

Software : DScaler 4.1.8 (a freeware that does deinterlacing at pretty decent quality).

The captures are then resized and converted to the current form by PhotoShop or ACDSee.

BTW, I use S-Video connection from PS2 to the PCTV card, it looks to me that you are using composite (yellow, white and red AV cable) only.

I am using composite, yhat must be why. How did you get Dscaler to get stills in wide screen? Mine kept resizing the images back to 4:3. Also, what deinterlacing mode do you use and do you use any filters?

Back