GT4 Prologue Dissapointing

• Thread starter TVRKing
  • 11 comments
SeismicGravy
Yes, I know I'm going to get seriously flamed for this, but the fact is it just didn't do anything for me. Yes, the graphics and handling were amazing, but it was just too dull. The driving school for example, getting to the fuel consumption level was very easy, but getting past there was so mind-bendingly difficult, that I just gave up.

Like I said, I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but this is my honest opinion, and no amount of insults is going to change that.

Well it is only a demo and you'll have the full version soon -- come on march 9th.
Keep trying at those tests, i can't get gold, but i got silver on some.

Cosmic
I won't flam you. You have your own opinion.
I liked it, got all golds and still playin' it ;)

Same here, got golds with a wheel without to much trouble. Then again I was motivated to get the M5.

Stupidly fast car, lots of power oversteer.

Hey, Prologue is limited, but apart from the licenses, there's still some fun races to race... try winning with a miata in Fuji...

It's not exactly terrible is it!! lol Licenses are pretty easy but I am still just trying to do the 10 lap race with the McLaren F1 - get to 3rd by the 4th lap and rather than go for gold I just take it easy but I keep losing it at 8 or 9 laps!! lol not even hitting other cars - just going into a corner too quick and failing :( Only had the game 5 days tho (and can only play after the baby has gone to bed!) ...not tried that race with the DFP tho...may help...but also may hinder!! lol)

pmacFTO
It's not exactly terrible is it!! lol Licenses are pretty easy but I am still just trying to do the 10 lap race with the McLaren F1 - get to 3rd by the 4th lap and rather than go for gold I just take it easy but I keep losing it at 8 or 9 laps!! lol not even hitting other cars - just going into a corner too quick and failing :( Only had the game 5 days tho (and can only play after the baby has gone to bed!) ...not tried that race with the DFP tho...may help...but also may hinder!! lol)
I got gold on that McLaren license test on the second try :)
Just practice in aracde mode and you'll get it ;)

pmacFTO

DFP makes driving the F1 (any anything else with silly power) much easier. The main cause of spins on the corners is power oversteering. With the wheel you can modulate the throttle a lot better.

Also you will get to experience the effects of downforce on straight line stability, the F1 is a sod to keep in a straight line at 300kmh, but it is fun.

Obviously it is not a full game, but i think the driving school is a decent challenge. My favourite driving game is TOCA Race Driver and i would say it was much easier to complete that game than then get all golds in Prologue (which i haven't done).

Arcade mode is limited though, there should be more tracks, but it is a good testing ground for the tests. Driving the F1 is great fun too.

-Rob

Back