GT4 track you hate most

• Thread starter Klonie Gun
  • 1,362 comments
What track in GT4 do you really don't like to race in? I say Hong Kong for me because although the track has a beautiful neon silhouette, the corners are nothing but uninspiring and it gets painfully mind-numbing when the number of laps are higher than 5.

EDIT: The 'Ring is no longer the track I dislike most. It is now one of my most favorites :sly:

Hong Kong now gets my vote as my most disliked track 👎

Integrafan
I love the Ring, that's my favorite track!
The one I can't stand is El Capitan.

What?? I love BOTH of those tracks! :lol:

Funny what some people like while other's don't.

Actually, I enjoy every single track I've played so far except one: Hong Kong! That track blows. There's no smooth rythm to fall into at all. :crazy:

Yearh - so far I've gotta go with Hong Kong too... 👎

[edit:] And Chamonix a close second.....

I love the Ring and El Capitan 👍

andromada
Yes, that was what I thougt of.

I know what you mean about Hong Kong, but try racing with something like a Lotus Elise or similar. It actually can be quite enjoyable. And yes, the Ring is hard, but once I've mastered it I'm sure I will love it.

When I first got GT4 I thought "I don't like all these new tracks.....". Now I think some of the new tracks are the best. It's like when GT3 came out with Tokyo R246. I hated it then, but I LOVE it now!

Give it time. GT4 isn't one of those games you've exploited to the max within a month.

theres alot of poor tracks (the ring is NOT one of them)

el capitan is poor.

hong kong is too small and slow.

suzuka is too long and boring.

not a big fan of laguna seca

Grand valley is too long (funny that coz i love the ring)

I dislike all the Fuji speedways except the 80's, I dislike Hong Kong, and I can also agree with nurburgring, i only like 1-3 laps around it.

both tracks of Paris get my vote.. George V is just 90 degree corners and such.. and Opera? Arrrgh! 👎 :ill: only car that can tackle them well is Ford RS200 rally car after chassis stiffening etc.

Hong Kong is bad as well, there's hardly any car that can turn well enough to cope with those corners.. :ouch: RS200 rules here as well. it's like go-kart. 👍

i disagree a lot on you all.

rennie, i disagree with all yours, el capitan is great, hong kong is fun, suzuka is fantastic, laguna is nice to drive, grand valley is brilliant, the changes to it are great.

the nurburgring is absolutely fantastic, love it.

my most disliked tracks are the following.

Tsukuba, i dont hate it i just dont like it.
seoul, way to short for a city track
fuji 90s
all the rallies and snow

I can't believe anyone can actually dislike actual tracks. Some of the Sony created ones (Original Circuits) I can see as they fall outside of "simulation", but how much more of a "simulation" can you get than REAL tracks?

Some of you need to go buy NFSU2 and drift all day long in full body-kitted, ricer glory on a made up course.

LandoAWD
I can't believe anyone can actually dislike actual tracks. Some of the Sony created ones (Original Circuits) I can see as they fall outside of "simulation", but how much more of a "simulation" can you get than REAL tracks?

Some of you need to go buy NFSU2 and drift all day long in full body-kitted, ricer glory on a made up course.

just because there real tracks doesnt make them good. and we'r not discussing "simulation" anyway.

Apricot Hill reverse. Love the normal, detest the reverse.

I find alot of the city courses challenging (Especially the Paris tracks first time round) but I don't hate them.

rennie911
just because there real tracks doesnt make them good. and we'r not discussing "simulation" anyway.

You are discussing the game, no? "Driving Simulator" ring a bell?

Just expressing my opinon, sorry if I got any panties in a twist, but I'm not your momma so don't expect me to kiss-arse.

nurburgring is the best ever track to appear in a race game and my most hated is opera paris and im not being funny but anyone feel a bit of rome in there, i think that track is the compensation for taking out rome and rome was s@$t, sorry but it was and from what i read a LOT of u guys thought the same so lets hope PD take out both rome and opera for the next instalment of gt
👎 = rome/opera

I hate all of the new street courses except for Opera Paris. Opera is a great track, but I guess a lot of people don't like it. I don't like Tsubuka or Beginner's Course either. The rest of the tracks are great.

I would say El Capitan and Deep Forest are two of my favorite tracks. I like the lines on Capitan more, but whipping through the woods in HighDef is something special. Capitan also looks brilliant with the picturesque moutians in the background.

On the other side of the coin, I highly dislike New York and Hong Kong. New York for its repetiveness and Hong Kong for its lack of flow.

Me hates Opera Paris. Never disliked a track that much. New York isn't fun either. Seoul is pretty cool, with the fast S-bend in the middle.

I love Grand Valley, Nurburgring, La Sarthe I & II and Deep Forest.:)

I love all the tracks, each have their own special offering, an being a ChampCar fan i love street courses quite a lot, including rome! (i shed a tear when i found that wasnt in this version).

But, my least faviroute track (strangely enough) would have to be Monaco. After playing PC racing sims for so long and having posted multiple 100's of laps on that course, it just feels plain wrong in the GT series. It may be more accurate in gt, but it is defintly missing "somthing" as I do no get that same exhilarating feeling of driving there in gt as i do in most PC sims.

Perhaps it's the lack of colour, or the fact you cant drive there in the wet, or maybe even that it's no longer accurate to today's F1 current layout. Perhaps even knowing that no matter what i do i cant wreck the vehicle that im driving (which normally makes or brakes a fast lap there in most games).

All the off road rallies, I hate them all in GT4, I think Citta and Capri are both fantastic though and I love the ring. Road track wise I'm not too keen on Hong Kong but other than that theres no track I actually dislike.

rennie911
theres alot of poor tracks (the ring is NOT one of them)

el capitan is poor.

hong kong is too small and slow.

suzuka is too long and boring.

not a big fan of laguna seca

Grand valley is too long (funny that coz i love the ring)

This is nonsense, el capitan isn't poor... one of the better tracks in the game. The only thing I don't like is the up/down-hill part after the tunnel.... so tricky, especially when driving a MR car or a Viper.

I'll agree about Hong Kong.

Suzuka is great... it's a real track, if it's that poor then why is it being raced on in real life for so many years? Same for Laguna seca.

Grand Valley has been a great track ever since GT1.... although I like the GT4 version not as much as the older ones.

Back