GT4 WRS Week 11: "WRS Team Event, Part 1"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 634 comments

CFM

Hello everyone, welcome to week 11 of the GT4 WRS! This will be the first part of a two race event, which will team up drivers together after using this round as a qualifier. If you do not wish to participate in the team event, you may still run solo as a regular WRS event as usual. More details will be posted tomorrow regarding the full rules and scoring for the team event.

Gran Turismo Mode:
City Courses / Practice (5 Cr.)

Track :
Cote d' Azur (Hotlap)

Simulation Car:
Honda S2000 LM Race Car '01

wrsweek11race5fk.jpg

Race Settings:

All parts allowed except for: R4 & R5 Tires, NOS, and Turbos

Equip NA Tuning Stage 3:
(420HP after Oil Change, as seen in graph in tuning screen)
Tires: Racing Tires - Choice of R1, R2, and R3 (Any combination)
Driver's choice of AT or MT
Unlimited oil changes, wheel changes, and wing changes.

Rules:

Only discuss "T" times!

Clean OLR Standards:
No wall touching
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Save your best "ghost" replay
Submit the time listed in replay file name
Knocking over cones is allowed as long as two tires are on track at all times.

Time Verification:
-All division 1 drivers each week will be required to submit with verification.
-All divisions of racers are subject to a request of time verification, however, this does not mean all racers will be required to submit verification for each race.
-Once a request for the verification of a time has been made the racer in question must comply.
-Any request of verification must addressed by the racer in question with in 3 days of the request. Arrangements must be made for the replay to be verified within a resonable time period, or the time in question will be removed from the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database.

Deadline: Before Tuesday, June 21st, 8:00am CST
No times will be accepted after Tuesday 8:00am CST = Tuesday 1:00pm GMT
http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Time Submission:
Send your final time to me using a Private Message. Include your division with your time please!

Any questions, just ask here. See you all at the finish line, and remember: SAVE THOSE REPLAYS!:cool:

Attention all drivers:

If you do not want to participate in the team event next week, or do not feel like you will have enough free time over the next wo weeks to put in your best time, then please let me know that you do not want to be assigned to a team when you PM me your final time for week 11. If you do want to get a teammate, you don't have to say so, I'll get somebody for you automatically unless you directly ask not to be paired up. Thanks everyone.

Hm.. this sounds very interesting and very fun. Can't wait to hear the details. 👍

One of my favourite cars ! Cause it handles like a charm ! Even I can drive it haha. At least I know the course from GT3 ... and from watching F1 in the 90's.

Wing changes?

What wing changes?

Do we have to use an orange S2000?

Does anyone mind if i install a ramp at the bottom of the slope after the tunnel so as to "avoid" the left/right/left?

U know, just like in F1 games of old......

Better combo CFM, we'll see what we can do this week.....

Would we get more points for the team event than the single event ? I wonder ... and yeah what wings, this thing comes with a wing already does it not ...

Say it with me...Monaco :D :D :D

Yeah baby now this is a track worthy of respect! Awesome choice CFM! Am I reading the intro correctly when I say that this week is a solo qualifier for weeks 12 and 13 which will be team events?

vexd
Wing changes?

What wing changes?

Do we have to use an orange S2000?....

You have to use a pink one with flowers that I custom made just for you. I'll email you the gamesave with the car later.:lol:

Wing changes aren't necessary, just thought I'd include it as an option in case anyone feels like futzing with it.

ZeratulSG
Say it with me...Monaco :D :D :D

Yeah baby now this is a track worthy of respect! Awesome choice CFM! Am I reading the intro correctly when I say that this week is a solo qualifier for weeks 12 and 13 which will be team events?

Week 12 will be a two week event, aka, you will have two weeks instead of one to get your time submitted. This week 11 will be to determine your partner, and will also count in the scoring for the team event which will be week 12. So no sandbagging to get a better partner. Your time here will also affect your future partner, so do your very best. Week 12 will also be available for solo drivers that do not want to participate in the team event.

well............
this should be interesting!!!
cant wait to see the rest of the rules CFM. what have you got up your tight sleeves then........???

This ought to be exciting. Now I just have to rob a bank to get the dough to pay for it.

Doh! Nevermind. I'll just use my other mem card.

So if I decided I want to continue on my own rather ... then I just go on like normal, this week and next week and the one after that etc. ... but the question is what is the disadvantage/s of not running in a team ... ?

@CFM: Got it 👍 Nice idea. Quick clarification on car setup: We must equip NA Stage 3, we cannot equip NOS (thank god), turbos, or R4/5 tires, and we may equip anything else, from weight reduction to exhausts to drivetrain, have I got this right?

kragbees
So if I decided I want to continue on my own rather ... then I just go on like normal, this week and next week and the one after that etc. ... but the question is what is the disadvantage/s of not running in a team ... ?

None, it's just for fun. There will be individual results for everyone just as normal. The team thing is going to have it's own results and is just for everyone to get a chance to team up and meet some new people.

As a second note, I forgot to mention that week 12 will also serve as the team qualifier for Team GTP that will run in the upcoming Board Challenge. So this will be a great time to get serious for a bit and lay down your best runs.

ZeratulSG
@CFM: Got it 👍 Nice idea. Quick clarification on car setup: We must equip NA Stage 3, we cannot equip NOS (thank god), turbos, or R4/5 tires, and we may equip anything else, from weight reduction to exhausts to drivetrain, have I got this right?

Yes you have it right. I think the only other parts you can buy for it are chassis stiffener, so not a lot to buy. It already has everything else on it from the dealer if I remember correctly.

CFM
None, it's just for fun. There will be individual results for everyone just as normal. The team thing is going to have it's own results and is just for everyone to get a chance to team up and meet some new people.

As a second note, I forgot to mention that week 12 will also serve as the team qualifier for Team GTP that will run in the upcoming Board Challenge. So this will be a great time to get serious for a bit and lay down your best runs.

Ok thanks CFM, that makes sense now ...

On the 2nd note, what u r saying is that the best teams will then be able to do the Board challenge ... not every single team ...

Yes, LM cars can only take 3 or 4 upgrades, thus only NA tuning 3.

Very intersting, I will be running week 12.

And i remember back in week 3? my very first WRS, in a S2000 @ cote !!, though it was a road version.

Seems like fun probably will be crap at it but ill give it a shot.

Week 12 sounds interesting

CFM
Yes you have it right. I think the only other parts you can buy for it are chassis stiffener, so not a lot to buy. It already has everything else on it from the dealer if I remember correctly.
:dunce: Doh! Stupid question, I wasn't thinking about that :irked:

Small_Fryz
Very intersting, I will be running week 12.

And i remember back in week 3? my very first WRS, in a S2000 @ cote !!, though it was a road version.

Seems like fun probably will be crap at it but ill give it a shot.

Week 12 sounds interesting

Hey Small ! I remember it as well now ! It was Week 3 of GT3 WRS like you say ? I remember it now ! haha, good one. Yes, it was the normal road one you're right. Was my 1st race as well.

kragbees
On the 2nd note, what u r saying is that the best teams will then be able to do the Board challenge ... not every single team ...

GTP planet will be assembling a team of 10 drivers and 2 substitutes to compete in the Board challenge, in which teams from all boards like GTP, GT.de, GT Web, GTIRN, etc will compete. The top 12 individual drivers from week 12 will qualify to represent team GTPlanet in BC5. The two-man team event which combines weeks 11 &12 will just be for fun as mentioned before.

CFM
GTP planet will be assembling a team of 10 drivers and 2 substitutes to compete in the Board challenge, in which teams from all boards like GTP, GT.de, GT Web, GTIRN, etc will compete. The top 12 individual drivers from week 12 will qualify to represent team GTPlanet in BC5. The two-man team event which combines weeks 11 &12 will just be for fun as mentioned before.

Oh now I understand the setup ... thanks for clearing it up CFM. So we here (in the WRS at GTP) are a bit more fortunate as we know about this, where there may be some fast guys on GTP who don't take part in the WRS with us, and thus won't know about the BC5 ... ? I guess if one frequents this site, you will probably see/hear about it though.

need to put up some times for you guys to aim at =)

t1 - 0'24.957
t2 - 1'06.184

couple more laps and im off to bed~

kragbees
Oh now I understand the setup ... thanks for clearing it up CFM. So we here (in the WRS at GTP) are a bit more fortunate as we know about this, where there may be some fast guys on GTP who don't take part in the WRS with us, and thus won't know about the BC5 ... ? I guess if one frequents this site, you will probably see/hear about it though.

There's going to be an announcement in the Board Challenge forum here at GTP also, so everyone will know about the tryouts. There are some drivers that run here in the WRS who will be driving for other boards also - they are welcome to participate in week 12 just as they would for a normal WRS event. There is already a Sub-Forum set up for the BC5 in the Online Racing section here at GTP, check it out.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160

The ten best drivers from all the various GT websites battling it out for world domination. I ran in BC3 and BC4 for Team GTP and we did pretty good, it was quite a challenge.👍

mmmm
first query for me so i can get on and get racing...... hope its not a dumb question?!
can someone please tell me the ideal brake balance for this car? i always leave breaking to the last minute - if that makes a difference!

CFM
There's going to be an announcement in the Board Challenge forum here at GTP also, so everyone will know about the tryouts. There are some drivers that run here in the WRS who will be driving for other boards also - they are welcome to participate in week 12 just as they would for a normal WRS event. There is already a Sub-Forum set up for the BC5 in the Online Racing section here at GTP, check it out.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160

The ten best drivers from all the various GT websites battling it out for world domination. I ran in BC3 and BC4 for Team GTP and we did pretty good, it was quite a challenge.👍

Thanks for the link ! I guess it all depends on how much time will be needed to compete in WRS and BC5 ... as I for one don't have too much time on my hands these days ... gotta keep that money rolling in haha. But thanks, I will check it out.

Will be quite a honour racing for GTP !

Back