GT4 WRS Week 136 : Official Results

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 36 comments

Sjaak

GTP_Race Admin
Netherlands
The Netherlands
GTP_Sjaak
Congrats to all eight golds this week,especially Hugo ๐Ÿ‘,arora :cheers: and 01gtp ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks all who submitted and a double cheers for arora.:cheers: :cheers:

Erik you have been promoted to Div.1 :cheers:

Week 136 Results:

Audi TT Touring Car @ Suzuka

tthr3.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times.

Division 1:
  1. 1:48.201 - Hugo Boss
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by Sjaak)
  2. 1:48.371 - Cmir
    gflagjn4.gif
  3. 1:48.478 - Toffe
    gflagjn4.gif
    1:48.500 ----- Gold
  4. 1:49.180 - nige
    1:49.500 ----- Bronze
  5. 1:49.552 - KLR142
  6. 1:49.998 - Jake
Division 2:
  1. 1:48.856 - arora
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by smallhorses)
  2. 1:49.350 - smallhorses
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by arora)
  3. 1:49.428 - sjaak68
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by Mr P)
    1:49.500 ----- Gold
  4. 1:49.989 - NielsG
  5. 1:50.138 - Snod Blatter
  6. 1:50.351 - mtbiker157
  7. 1:50.428 - 2078TM
  8. 1:50.587 - 006r
  9. 1:50.661 - Strop
    1:51.000 ----- Bronze
  10. 1:52.144 - moaibob
  11. 1:52.227 - chukabilly
Division 3:
  1. 1:51.288 - 01gtp
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by gtbadboy)
  2. 1:51.301 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    (Requested replay checked by gtbadboy)
    1:52.000 ----- Gold
  3. 1:53.281 - gtbadboy
  4. 1:54.049 - Bigracer
  5. 1:54.249 - Le Mans
    1:56.000 ----- Bronze
  6. 1:56.195 - Dawber
  7. 1:58.035 - georgetheracer
gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are medium and that the power is 556 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

So close to beating Hugo... I won't get this opportunity many times. Looks like my last sector is quite good, I passed Toffe there. Judging from posted splits, I reckon 1'47 is possible, having a 48.6 and a 1'27.2.

Where's Ron?? Forgot to submit?

Cheers to everyone :cheers:

Damn I missed the deadline due to being out doing a pc repair today :yuck: I never really raced it after my last update but was planning to submit today and it totally slipped my mind until I just saw the results thread .. anyway my save is still on the card and will post it anyway, my final clean time was 1'48.170 but I did have a dirty at the last section 1'47.9xx so it was definitely possible to get clean ๐Ÿ‘

Congrats to the winners from all divisions and well done to all who took part :cheers:
Will upload my replay within the next hour even though it doesn't count :ouch:
Laters
Ron.

edit: Submitted the video and max save anyway to post 20 :cheers:

My maxdrive is not working!! It says the disc is not a PS or PS2 format. How can I get it to work, any clues?

Congrats to all the goldies. I'm really bummed about not being able to race this one more but I had two major photo events this week and I'm living on four hours sleep a night as is. For a change it even seems like a nailed the finish, who knows where I could have been if I had a half decent T1. Happy with silver though for four sessions (not that many for me :-)) and managed to keep those evil ... sorry *speedy* Div III guys out of my boot.

Congrats to Eric. :cheers: Your promotion is well deserved! ๐Ÿ‘

My maxdrive is not working!! It says the disc is not a PS or PS2 format. How can I get it to work, any clues?

Are you putting the right disk in? Max comes with a PC disk and a PS2 disk. The PC disk is pretty much a waste of space and should be thrown away to avoid confusion. Otherwise try cleaning the disk, and last resort turn your PS2 vertical and try reading it that way.

Strop, thanks for the tips, I cleaned the disc and it worked. I'll keep that vertical turning idea for later, fortunately I didn't need it. :)

Here it is: PAL

Now I'm off to try week 137

Attachments

• WRS136CMir.max
    24.3 KB · Views: 7
Conrats to Hugo on the great time and overall win.

Congrats to Erik on the win and promotion. Great going!

And then there's division 3

I thought Kenny and I were going to be close, but I had no idea it would be this close!

Great race this week, will be curious to see if you got me at 130R or the chicane.

My guess is the chicane. I almost messed up my entry and lost those great splits, but managed to recover and come up with this time.

Again, great race, congrats to you, and maybe next time I can nose by at the line!

Will post my replay tonight.

Later
Kevin

Ack- forgot to write down my exact time this morning and submit, I only had a 1:49.0x for my hour and some change of work...aw well...

Jerome

Spend 2 hours this morning to get my lap down to a 1.48.775 then like ron forgot to submit *DOH*

Congrats all round esp. the golds:tup:

Sjaak, when me and mtbiker got promoted in week 133 (3 lapper) you put our results straight into those devisions (me D1, MTB D2) yet arora still picks up the D2 win in the same situation. How come:confused:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99865

Thanks to EDK for making my weekend full of WRS worth .013 of a sec.
beleive me it took a lot more time than that to acheive it, tho my goal was 1'50.XXX, it was well worth it
Congrats to Hugo of course and arora for your div wins and to all golden runs
Congrats to gtbadboy for your podium finish... nice run man
:cheers:

here's my replay
EDIT Congtats to Erik on your promo to Div 1
sorry i missed it earlier

Attachments

• week 136 01gtp..max
    25.5 KB · Views: 12
Sjaak, when me and mtbiker got promoted in week 133 (3 lapper) you put our results straight into those devisions (me D1, MTB D2) yet arora still picks up the D2 win in the same situation. How come:confused:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99865

It must be my grazy Dutch brains.

You had back then a gold in Div.1,I had in mind you would prefer a gold in div.1 above a gold in div.2.

No more,no less.

Thanks for the race. :cheers:

Congrats to all division podiums. :cheers:

Congrats to Eric. A well deserved promotion. You have been fast as hell since the BC. ๐Ÿ‘

lf that was the reasoning then why promote mtbiker out of a winning d3 to a silver d2 at the time? l obviously prefer the gold in d1 over gold im d2 but isnt there a standard when promoting?

Congrats to all those great gold times. Great running this week.:cheers:

Special congrats to Kevin and Kenny, man you guys are really driving some nice laps. ๐Ÿ‘:tup:Don't think I could have caught you with my best effort but rest assured you both have "targets" on your backs. :) I'm doing my best to close in on the both of you but you are quick!!

Sjaak: another great combo as evidenced by the turn out. Great job ๐Ÿ‘

Hugo, the maestro! Only one thing to say my friend. .........:bowdown:

Good luck to all on the Mountain.......Onward!

lf that was the reasoning then why promote mtbiker out of a winning d3 to a silver d2 at the time? l obviously prefer the gold in d1 over gold im d2 but isnt there a standard when promoting?

What is your problem?

Do you expect a rule book or something?
And since when do I have to justify my decisions.

You and mtbiker157 are with good reasons promoted.

:bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown: :cheers: :bowdown: :cheers:
way to go erik !!!

congrats to all golds but especially to the new mex guy for reaching the alien status.

i thought spending more time might have gotten me a higher position but even 2 seconds at the s/f would not have made much difference ... :grumpy: so maybe it's not time well spent LOL.

Just checked 01gtp's replay.......Clean, Green with all the correct specs.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Very nicely done.

Edit: I was about to send congrats to Erik for his promotion when the power went out up here on the Mtn. In any event I know he has worked very hard and is now elevated to "alien" status. Well done mate.:cheers::bowdown:

Here's a video and the .max save of my could have been lap :indiff:

It was a very cool combo and I know Hugo could have thrashed my time if he had put more effort in ... but I did have a 1'47.9 with a slight off so I know I could have gone a tad faster also :)
Sad for me that I never got the win for my efforts due to total stupidity and leaving it too late to submit which I wont do again thats for sure! .. but I'm still happy to let you guys check it out anyway ๐Ÿ‘
Cheers
Ron.

Attachments

• Mr P WRS 136.max
    22.2 KB · Views: 9
Great times by everyone! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Congratulations on your promotion arora! :cheers:

Will get my replay up later in the week. :)

Congrats to all the golds this week. And a special thanks to Sjaak for upgrading arora so it might make me look just a tiny bit better! I tried and tried for a better first sector in the .48's but couldn't keep it clean through the hairpin imediately after. Luckily I see I had a decent 3rd sector. I will be checking out some of these replays and paying close attention to the steering work of those working with a DFP.

Again cheers to all the golds! I'm drinking a New Glarus Fat Squirrel for you all tonight (don't worry it's a beer. All the squirrels around here are waayyyy in hibernation.)

well then i guese theres no problem here. lm not trying to piss off the community or the admin, was just a fair observation. as chuck would say, race on!!

Congrats to all those great gold times. Great running this week.:cheers:

Special congrats to Kevin and Kenny, man you guys are really driving some nice laps. ๐Ÿ‘:tup:Don't think I could have caught you with my best effort but rest assured you both have "targets" on your backs. :) I'm doing my best to close in on the both of you but you are quick!!

Thanks Ron. Nothing like a little healthy competition to help everyone improve. A great run from you this week. ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks to EDK for making my weekend full of WRS worth .013 of a sec.
beleive me it took a lot more time than that to acheive it, tho my goal was 1'50.XXX, it was well worth it
here's my replay

Thanks back to you for making me chase faster splits and turn in better laps! :crazy:

I already put Kenny's replay next to mine on the analyzer and as you might expect from the splits and final, they are nearly identical. Our line and braking points were near mirror images through the whole lap! He carried a little more speed out of 130R and the chicane to make the pass on the home stretch. It might have taken me another 4 or 5 hours of driving to improve on this one, so congrats to Kenny on a well deserved win! :cheers:

My NTSC replay is attached.

Later
Kevin

Attachments

• EDK WRS WK 136.max
    26.7 KB · Views: 8
Congrats to all winners. :cheers: Enjoyed this combo and for a second i hoped for silver.... NO WAY! :grumpy:
I wonder how some of you DS2 users can be so smooth in driving. Maybe it's a question of time spent with the pad and in front of the video.
I should divorce and resign from my job.... 24-7 playing 'til I can't improve my skills... :lol: :lol:

:tup:Just checked "EDK's" replay and it is Green with all the correct specs.๐Ÿ‘

Kevin, there were two places where you and Kenny out performed me. Can't believe it made a 2" difference but it did. 130R and the big sweeper near the end before the last chicane. Especially that last sweeper. Seems I slow down too much for these high speed corners and I'm late coming out of them. :ouch:

In any event well done by you both.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

See you on the Mountain! Onward!

Erik, congrats on the promotion - I was about to make a comment that you needed to be booted up to D1 and then I saw that it had actually happened :lol:

Ron, nice run (submitted or not). What gears were you running? I ran 290 and looking at your video it seemed as though in a few corners you were in a different rev range than I was.

Ron, nice run (submitted or not). What gears were you running? I ran 290 and looking at your video it seemed as though in a few corners you were in a different rev range than I was.

Cheers mate ๐Ÿ‘ I used 320 for that lap :)

My Pal replay:

And I watched Mr P and CMir's replays. both clean
gflagjn4.gif

Thanks again for your supersave Ron,I used it for my second memory card.
Only quite a shock it was in German.brrrrrrrr...;)

(You could say ,why not copy the master card I have? well it contains more then 100 replays and I'm to lazy to delete them all.)

Attachments

• WRS 136 Sjaak.max
    25.1 KB · Views: 8
Yep the supersave was passed to me a couple of years ago and it was German then also :P It has all the cars and served its purpose on more than 1 occasion ๐Ÿ‘

Cheers for checking my lap Sjaak .. next time I will meet the deadline I hope :cheers:

I have your replay and will check it now :)

edit: .. Sjaak's replay checked and its clean and green
gflagjn4.gif
nice lap mate ๐Ÿ‘

Back