Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)
Thread rules:
The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time
Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM to me (Sphinx):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Monday 21st January 10 pm GMT
  • if you are unsure of the deadline try this site
Time verification:
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • all gold times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified
  • Those who have .xps or .sps files, can they please convert them to .max before submission

Great lookin' combo dude! I will try this one out :)

Jerome

My favorite type of combo.👍👍
Win, lose or draw, I'm in for the week on this one.:sly:

Edit: Please clarify tyre type. Normal = Economy/Comfort/Road
Sports are rated = Hard/Medium/Soft

I'm confused.:dunce: I know, so what's new!

I have been going for the gold license on this track with this car today. Its the one where you follow the pace car and I tell you what, that ##$$%^$^%$ always stops at the last esses before he turns in and I smash his ass every time.:grumpy: At least he won't be on the track. Looks like a fun combo and
I would like to say Hey!, to our new steward, Sphinx. Welcome and Thanks.

I have been going for the gold license on this track with this car today. Its the one where you follow the pace car and I tell you what, that ##$$%^$^%$ always stops at the last esses before he turns in and I smash his ass every time.:grumpy: At least he won't be on the track. Looks like a fun combo and
I would like to say Hey!, to our new steward, Sphinx. Welcome and Thanks.

I second that, I despise the pace car, they needs a more powerful pace car. But I hope that they rid of it in GT5 all together. I too would like to get clarification on the tires for the week Jerry, thx mate!

Jerome

Edit: Please clarify tyre type. Normal = Economy/Comfort/Road
Sports are rated = Hard/Medium/Soft

I'm confused.:dunce: I know, so what's new!

PAL:
-SR3hnMYfYaPSqHPjOFMuvJcA95n7PD6015B.jpg

NTSC:
ju+7qR5BbPp9ZT+dfNKUz5GjQmJnm7uh0161.jpg

Sorry guys, Newbie here. :dopey:

I have no idea why they decided to do it differently in each version, but there you go. As long as you have Normal Sports (N3's) selected for PAL, or Normal Road (N3's) for NTSC, then we will be just dandy. 👍

I've also placed the images to the main post.

i like the car, like the track, like the steward, DONT LIKE the tyres :)
prolly not much time for my new game save (currently at 49,9% with not a single b-spec race) with a combo like this 👍 always good to try to get around a track like suzuka with not much more grip than the rims of the car :scared:
EDIT leaderboard init

I second that, I despise the pace car, they needs a more powerful pace car. But I hope that they rid of it in GT5 all together. I too would like to get clarification on the tires for the week Jerry, thx mate!

Jerome

The Suzuka Pacecar is reasonably fast. The real bitch is the Costa di Amalfie one. On the downhill second half, it just brakes. Randomly. While you go full throttle in EVERY car through that turn :grumpy:
The Suzuka test wasn't too hard, actually. Golded on my first try, unlike most pacecar tests.

Now, Suzuka... 👍 S2000... 👍 N3s... :tup:² Free time... :D:tup:
Time for some cooking! Unless, of course, the car requires purchase for arcade-mode unlocking.

Ran a few while waiting for breakfast this morning. IMHO this is a really fun combo. Lots of choices to make here. (this coming from a DivIII shoe eh?)

t1=1'05.741
t2=1'59.768

Hitting that last esse on time can make all the difference in the world.:nervous:

i say, ron, you're on top of the board. ain't that som'? :) (board updated up to post 14 17 21 23 26)
about that choices you're talking about, that's in the throttle and the steering i suspect 'cos otherwise you ony got tcs and asm for which there is no need this week, not even for this disabled racer :dopey:
i have got a question for the cracks this week. how do you negotiate the esses after the first straight? you can brake and hit the throttle going for as little spin and oversteer as possible, or brake later and let it glide ahead, or steer in late and slide thru the corners ... a lil' advice would highly be appriciated my friends 👍

first t's in a sortof clean lap: 66439 - 120105

You mean the esses also found in the Suzuka East short version? I usually take them with a lift, as I did with the Opel Corsa back then. Got me through the license tests with golds, so it's gotta be worth something :sly:

DOH! I used the sports softs last night, haha o well good practice perhaps? Or not cause I now have to try worse (yet more realistic :)) tires. Thx for clarifying Jerry. I'll try to find some time this week for this one, any RWD car at this track is purely awesome imho.

Jerome

I also tried softs yesterday, but it was just a couple of laps to get the feel of this.
Now, here are my first splits with the correct tires:
1'03.096
1'55.260
Could be 1'02.8 and 1'54.9.

Still with the DS2, I guess it'd be real fun to drive this with the wheel, sliding the car through the first sector. The 130 is very hard to get right, the fastest I managed was over 180kmh, on my lap it's almost 10kmh slower.

i say, ron, you're on top of the board. ain't that som'? :) (board updated up to post 14)
about that choices you're talking about, that's in the throttle and the steering i suspect 'cos otherwise you ony got tcs and asm for which there is no need this week, not even for this disabled racer :dopey:
i have got a question for the cracks this week. how do you negotiate the esses after the first straight? you can brake and hit the throttle going for as little spin and oversteer as possible, or brake later and let it glide ahead, or steer in late and slide thru the corners ... a lil' advice would highly be appriciated my friends 👍

first t's in a sortof clean lap: 66439 - 120105

Yes, there are choices. You can slide around some of these or not. As for the leader board. I have no illusions of grandeur. I save them and I put them up. I figure at the end of the week I've learned a little something and if I'm within 4 sec. of the alien nation I'm a happy camper. Any thing closer than 4 sec. I consider that to be quite an accomplishment. (for me)

Ooh. A low-ish powered road car at a great track. I'm in.

1'03.905
1'56.041

As I'm going to try the Ford GT again later tonight I should put up the early progress so far today.

1'04.759
1'57.957

I too have been sliding/drifting quite a bit. On purpose, just having fun! :sly:

Had a few laps to get acquainted again with this great track, best clean so far has ..

1'02,487 / 1'54.260 ( its my best T1 so far but I've been slightly quicker at T2 )

Road tyres aint exactly my faves but on this car they aint too bad 👍 I reckon a few drivers can finish the week in the mid to low 1'53's at T2 when they get to grips with the tyres :)

Sweet combo Jerry! :cheers:

Holy Schnikes Ron, I'm over .5 back as of T1? :bowdown: I'm not worthy, haha. Great run cap'!

Jerome

Cheers mate 👍 .. ran some more to try and scrape up a few and got a new save .. 1'02.420 / 1'54.134 ( took .3 off at the line :) )

I have had a couple of 1'02.3's at T1 and there's still a couple of tenths left I reckon, so I will defo run some more in the coming days :cheers:

First splits for me after 4 laps last night and another 15 or so tonight.

1:05.831
1:58.692

Looks like I need to get back at it if I am going to catch Kenny. :sly:

But if I remember from our last time at Suzuka, it's really the last sector I need to worry about. :dunce:

Great combo, Jerry. 👍👍

Kevin

Finally some spare time to a little racing. :D

First session:

1'03.491
1'55.709

Still a lot of work to do especially in high speed left after t2 and in the last chicane. After nearly 2 minutes racing I tend to chicken out and brake way too much. :scared:

The S2000 is a fabulous car, so... nice combo, jerry. 👍

A couple of more laps and cleaned up the finish a little:

1'03.297

My usual few laps before breakfast.

1'05.678
1'59.476

My usual M.O. pick at it all week until the last possible moment finding a few 10ths here and there. :sly: Won't be much driving today however, I've work to do on the house, wood to cut and nails to hammer! :crazy:

Edit: Took a break for lunch and managed a few laps.

1'04.963
1'58.603

I love just picking away at this thing. Every lap is a learning experience and I don't have to rely on a tricked up car for results just my own driving ability or lack there of.:crazy:

I like this combo. Cornering's not bad, it's the long stopping distances where you can tell the tires aren't sticky.

1:03.758
1:56.559

Gonna try my PAL disc with 'softs' and see if there is a difference at all just for fun :)

Jerome

Gonna try my PAL disc with 'softs' and see if there is a difference at all just for fun :)

Jerome

Good idea. If your time picks up too much there might have to be some ruling on that.:lol:
So far people are where they should be, time wise, so maybe its something to watch this week.

Kenny, I'm trying to catch you.:crazy: I figured with all that snow you guys got up there it might slow you down some. :sly: By the way, where's Chuck??:)

I see someone on my bumper.:odd: Who's that, its Ron. Hey Ron.:sly: Well first, chuk's back, he went partying in Buffalo for his birthday. :scared: As for me, my snowblower broke a belt yesterday with all this heavy snow :crazy: and the JDeere dealer doesn't have any till today after 2 pm.:dunce: I had a arthrogram and ctscan today at 1 pm so I had to shovel about 75 feet of driveway this am. :ouch: I will not be driving tonight because of the pain in the shoulder due to today.:( I raced earlier today and only improved the final time basically, but by 1.5 sec.:D I used up my months quota of smilies.

Yes, I'm back. The Missus and I chose to stay an extra night, rather than risk driving through the snow. Thanks for asking, Ron! :cheers:
First splits:
t1= 1'05.605
t2= 1'58.899

By the way, not only did I get to party, my man Brother James and I got to rough-in a second-floor bathroom [plumbing wise,that is.]

Always good to be back home, though. :) I feel I could be fast this week, but I'm so distracted by trying to open the restaurant. :crazy:
Still, who can resist such a great race!!!:dopey: Maybe I'll find time to brew the coffee after all!!:sly:

Race On!!!:cheers:

Back