• 23 comments

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx

Week 171 Results:

Winners: Zikwik, EDK, OnlyMe & Andy2125

AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 (JGTC) ‘04 @ Tokyo Route 246 (Reverse)

vwtGiQZQ0fTHuqRLJbgYu3TyPr7bsTdZ0280.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times plus OnlyMe & Andy2125's replays .

Division 1:
  1. 1:33.392 - Zikwik
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:33.757 - jmgyro
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  3. 1:33.947 - Cmir
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:34.000 ----- Gold
  4. 1:34.001 - Le Stig
    1:34.500 ----- Bronze
  5. 1:34.686 - tomivav
  6. 1:34.924 - MARCIPHERJO
  7. 1:35.168 - DSMAZDAGTR
Division 2:
  1. 1:34.821 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:35.000 ----- Gold
  2. 1:35.285 - crg2112
  3. 1:35.696 - 01GTP
  4. 1:35.711 - MadMax86
  5. 1:35.896 - gtbadboy
Division 3:
  1. 1:35.027 - OnlyMe
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:35.027 - Andy2125
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:35.250 ----- Gold
  3. 1:36.901 - Marooned
    1:42.000 ----- Bronze
  4. 1:45.755 - georgetheracer
gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Racing - Hards and that the power is 382 hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

Last edited:
That's great in D3! Even better being those 2 guys who know each other personally! :crazy: Zikwik did another fantastic lap, I was already expecting him to lap in 1'33.3 :bowdown: jmgyro did a great lap as well, though I could have had him beat had I done a lap at my best, a high 1'33.5, but that's very hard to do, so he deserves the credit for doing it and I'm sure he too could run better and not give me any chance. ๐Ÿ‘ Last, but not least, D2 deserves a mention: Kevin keeps showing he improved a lot during the last months and is a division winner again, and Kenny and Ron debut on their new division with competitive times too. And I predict a couple more promotions soon... ๐Ÿ‘

Replay to come soon ;)

Surprised I didn't lose that much on the ending, figured 1'33.2. Still nice run though and congrats to the winners.

# 1:34.000 ----- Gold
# 1:34.001 - Le Stig

So close Craig, I know how that feels. By the way thought you had high 1.33 last Thursday/Friday?

Congratulations to Zikwik for the overall win.
Congrats to EDK for the D2 win and staying ahead of Andy.
To Andy and Bart, well done on your fast times and the win(s).
Could that be some kind of typo?
If not you two are going to be hard to stay ahead of in the future. You two almost always have a better time then I when you put some time into a combo.
This week shows that your efforts have paid off. ๐Ÿ‘

Well done to jmgyro and Cmir for the remaining golden runs.

Yea I'm thought you beat me CMir, nearly crashed on my ending and hit it too slow. Personally I don't like Tokyo because of that 2nd to last corner (Normal Tokyo) where I usually lose .6 and end up 1s behind the leader :yuck:. Although it was a little nicer Track being able to go full speed there in Reverse Tokyo.

# 1:34.000 ----- Gold
# 1:34.001 - Le Stig

So close Craig, I know how that feels. By the way thought you had high 1.33 last Thursday/Friday?[/QUOTE]

So Close !! This lap - 1.34.001 was squeaky clean. the sub 34 had a possible problem at the last left hander before T2 with the car up on the curb not touching the wall but possibly the right side wheels inside the rumble strip. It's very very close but not worth getting a DQ for and i was never going to catch you or Zikwik. Had Cmir in my sights though !!

Congrats to all the winners.

Congratulations to Zikwik on the overall win, as well as jmgyro and Cmir on their golds. ๐Ÿ‘

Nice job by EDK in DivII:cheers: great time Kevin!!๐Ÿ‘

Andy and OnlyMe in a dead heat and quite a nice time to boot.๐Ÿ‘ You two will be moving up soon if you keep up that kind of performance.!

Thanks Carlos and Kenny for the kind comments. :)

Wow, where do I start?

Zikwik, jmgyro, CMir AND Le Stig. :eek:

Some great times from you guys! The combination of wide car+R2 Tires+City track made this one a challenge. I love these city tracks, but I just don't have the patience or precision to match those kinds of times. :crazy:

Thanks to Kenny and RonB for pushing me along this week, I got off to a slow start, but I caught up eventually. ;) Nice D2 debut, I expect that you guys will keep putting up a fight every week. ๐Ÿ‘

Andy and Bart - You guys played to a draw, so no sense getting too wound up over table tennis this week. :sly: Great job guys, and be careful. You don't have many challengers left in D3, you might just have to come up here and join us. I for one think you are both more than capable and I can dig up the evidence if you need me to. ;)

I'll get my replay on here soon. I don't have access to it ATM, but should have it up tonight or tomorrow. ๐Ÿ‘

:cheers:

Kevin

EDIT: Here's the replay. I come close to the walls (guardrails) going through the uphill right hander after the first left (Under the overpass). But I'm sure anyone with a sub 38 T1 does the same. :sly:

Otherwise, I think this one is squeaky clean, I hope whomever checks it feels the same way. ;)

Kindly Verified as clean by 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• EDK_WRS_171_NTSC.max
    24.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, it just seems impossible. I knew I shouldn't have taken that last turn so carefully ;). But congratulations Bart, that really is an awesome time for div 3, very well driven!! ;)

Thanks for all compliments you guys, I hope I can keep this up in this weeks combo (and hope to beat bart this time ;))

And off course congrats to Zikwik and EDK. Some great times! ๐Ÿ‘

EDIT: added my replay

Kindly Verified as clean by Sphinx.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• Andy2125_WRS171_PAL.max
    21.6 KB · Views: 14
:dopey: LOL :dopey: Ok, this is funny :sly: Just wondering, is this maybe a WRS first? It'd be nice to be a part of WRS history, you know :)

Well, congrats to Andy off course, for his great time :dopey: It's great to finally get another win under my belt, even if I have to share it. It's been a while since my last... Also to EDK for his D2-win ๐Ÿ‘. I tried to get under that magical 1'35, but I just couldn't get there. Maybe if I learned how to MT... Great job ! And a big hand to Zikwik for blindingly fast time and overall win! Great drive. :bowdown:

Last but not least, a kinda newbie question. I see there's no gold times in D3. What's the explanation for that?

I'll post my replay once Andy returns my MaxDrive :sly:

There have been a few draws at the middle of the table on previous WRS races, but 2 winners in a same division is really a first, as far as I know. ๐Ÿ‘

Congratulations to everyone who managed this one. ๐Ÿ‘ I hope you all like this weeks race, same concept, but this time without so many walls to contend with that will hopefully allow everyone to push just a little harder. ๐Ÿ‘

Last but not least, a kinda newbie question. I see there's no gold times in D3. What's the explanation for that?

It's how the software calculates them. I personally feel that the top two in division three should at least get gold for their efforts. However, I'll leave it up to everyone else to decide?

Congratulations to everyone who managed this one. ๐Ÿ‘ I hope you all like this weeks race, same concept, but this time without so many walls to contend with that will hopefully allow everyone to push just a little harder. ๐Ÿ‘

It's how the software calculates them. I personally feel that the top two in division three should at least get gold for their efforts. However, I'll leave it up to everyone else to decide?

The concept is good and some nice variety for sure. ๐Ÿ‘

Maybe next time we can use the little car with the RM's on the city track and the big car with the RH's on the wide open course. :sly:

Andy and Bart have my vote for gold. They have a D2 second place silver time. To me, it only makes sense for that to be a gold time in D3.๐Ÿ‘

Gold doesn't have any special meaning apart from being the mark of the top guys. But even if, statistically they aren't awarded a gold, I still think they deserve it for winning their division.

Replay here

gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS171CMir.max
    23.1 KB · Views: 15
I personally feel that the top two in division three should at least get gold for their efforts.
Agreed. I think that each week the division winner should be gold.
Having said that...................

However, I'll leave it up to everyone else to decide?
The software is a tool that should be used and respected, in short, it is what it is and lets stay with it.
Having said that....................

What do you guys think, worth trying something new to shake things up?Jerome

I like the idea of posting the results as an overall order versus divisions, but lets say only for a gt mode combo. That way the tuners have more to shoot for.
You know how to update Luxy so that should not be a problem.

As for pushing harder for a better finish, I always push it to the limit until the last minutes of the last session. If I feel confident with my ghost lap then I become careful and try to stay ahead of my ghost (don't want to screw up a better lap). Its a blessing to stay ahead of the ghost when being careful as I have watched the ghost fly by me some where in the last sector many times.
If I feel less confident about my lap (week 171) its balls to the wall lap after lap with nothing to lose.
Can I say that here?

EDIT
Hey, Kevin up awfully early. 3am, going somewhere?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :) !!
And congrats to EDK, OnlyMe and Andy2125 for their respective div win ๐Ÿ‘ !
Congratulations to all the other participants as well ;) !
That was the first time since I started OLR that I took part in a race on this track and I really enjoyed it, coming close to all the walls at full speed was very funny and sometimes scary lol .
So thanks for the combo :cheers: !!
I'll post my replay soon.

Edit: replay !!

gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• Zikwik WRS week 171.max
    22 KB · Views: 15
My $.02. A div. win should be a gold regardless or what the software may dictate. I'm sure it is a great tool for sorting out what I can only imagine must be a time consuming exercise, however as EDK has already pointed out, the Div III winners this week ran Div II silver times. Nothing more need be said. Just MHO!

First post updated:

Division 3:
  1. 1:35.027 - OnlyMe
  2. 1:35.027 - Andy2125
    1:35.250 ----- Gold
  3. 1:36.901 - Marooned
    1:42.000 ----- Bronze
  4. 1:45.755 - georgetheracer

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I must have blacked out for the past 36 hours or so - I don't know how else to explain forgetting to submit :dunce::dunce::dunce:

I had a 1:35.057 by the way - and would have continued my ability to miss gold by an eyelash :lol:

In any case, congratulations to all the participants this week. ๐Ÿ‘ It was definitely fun but tough to get a good time in such narrow confines

Thanks for giving us the gold-status, guys. Wasn't really necessary for me, I was more curious for the exact reason why there weren't any gold times, but I (and I'm sure Andy as well) really appreciate it!! ๐Ÿ‘

Here's my replay (PAL):

gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• OnlyMe_WRS171_PAL.max
    20 KB · Views: 14
Here's my replay, was delaying until I finished the Truck series, but I may as well just get all my replays and relax for the rest of the week. :)

Kindly Verified as clean by 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS 171-jmgyro-1'33.757.max
    22.3 KB · Views: 15
I viewed both jmgyro's and EDK's replays, both have the corect specs and are clean. 383 hp, RH/RH, Practice.
Well done to both of you.

I viewed both jmgyro's and EDK's replays, both have the corect specs and are clean. 383 hp, RH/RH, Practice.
Well done to both of you.

Thanks Kenny. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Andy2125 Clean & green / correct spec. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

CMir Clean & green / correct spec. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Zikwik Clean & green / correct spec. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

OnlyMe Clean & green / correct spec. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Results official ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Back