GT4 WRS Week 43 : "300 horses around Sears Point"

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 161 comments

Tedehur

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Z spec
Ok, here is a multilapper since we haven't had any over the past 6 weeks and some people miss them. It's also a good opportunity to experiment something that has been suggested already a few times but never done : a division specific car selection.

Week 43 : JGTC GT-300 race cars @ Infineon Raceway Sports Car Course

WRS43.jpg

Game mode :
Arcade Mode / Single Race / World Circuits / Infineon Raceway Sports Car Course*
using the following race settings (check the 'Options' box too) :
  • difficulty set to race against at least one other JGTC GT-300 car* ;
  • 2 laps ;
  • no tyre wear ;
  • no time limit ;
  • no penalty ;

Car specifications :
any JGTC GT-300 car, depending on your division :
division 1 :
  • Nissan C-West RäZo Silvia (JGTC) '01 (pwr = 2.91 ; 356 hp / 1 035 kg)
  • Toyota Super Autobacs Apex MR-S (JGTC) '00 (pwr = 2.82 ; 359 hp / 1 012 kg)
division 2 : same as division 1, plus
  • ASL Arta Garaiya (JGTC) '03 (pwr = 2.65 ; 382 hp / 1 012 kg)
  • Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza (JGTC) '03 (pwr = 2.65 ; 373 hp / 990 kg)
division 3 : same as division 2, plus
  • R.E. Amemiya RX-7 (JGTC) '04 (pwr = 2.59 ; 382 hp / 990 kg)
  • Toyota WedsSport Celica (JGTC) '03 (pwr = 2.57 ; 367 hp / 945 kg)

all cars shall use the same settings :
  • +20% hp ;
  • -10% weight ;
  • any top speed ;
  • any driving aids ;
  • any transmission mode ;
  • racing soft tyres*.

Race rules :
Standard clean OLR rules :
  • 2 wheels on track at all time ;
  • rumble strips are part of the track ;
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible ;
  • no contact with AI ;
  • if you're not 100% sure that you lap is clean, then consider it dirty ;
  • no hybrids ;
  • no cheating of any kind ;
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules ;
  • save your replay ('save ghost' icon).

Thread rules :
You can discuss anything (T times, sector times, speeds, settings, etc) except :
  • lap time ;
  • final race time ;
  • any information which can be used to infer lap/race time.

Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (flat-out).
  • you can submit only once per race ;
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and time(s) ;
  • deadline is tuesday 7th february 9pm GMT (L.A. 1pm, New-York 4pm, London 9pm, Paris 10pm, Tokyo wed. 6am, Sydney wed. 8am).

Time verification :
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted.
  • fastest times each week will be required to submit with verification ;
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request ;
  • when a time verification has been required, the concerned racer must provide a replay before next race deadline ;
  • failure to do so will result in the submitted time to be removed for the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database ;
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified.

-----------------------------------oOo-----------------------------------
Acceptable Use Policy | Terms of Service | Weekly Race Series

Some point need clarification :

1. we run the same version of the track that's used in the Qualifier ;
  2. there is no fixed figure for the difficulty : just make sure you race against at least one of the 6 cars allowed. (I could achieve this in my tests with difficulties ranging from +1 to +7) ;
  3. you have to run on racing soft tyres, but you can enter the race with harder compounds and change in the settings page, so that all AI cars run on hard on superhard.

Way to go Cyril! You figured out a handicap race. 👍

Awesome track, awesome cars! The autobacks MR-S was one of my favorites in GT3. Might have to give this one a spin for old times sake. :)

Awesome looking race.
I am definately in for this run. 👍

Good job with the selection.
I think Infineon SP is one of the best courses in the game.
Combine that with some great car selections and we should have a might fun race. :dopey:

The MR-S will be the faster D1 car, the D2 is an unknown to me, and the Wedsport Celica is probably the fastest car of the entire lot (surely faster than the RE RX-7).

I've tested the Wedsport vs RE before on the Ring and I'm sure D3 will notice what I found to be true- the Celica has amazing torque (far more than the RE if memory serves me correctly).

As for the MR-S vs Razo battle... That's a hard one to call since I haven't tested the comparison in GT4 but my GT3 experience tells me the MR-S is faster. That said, I very well may spend my week running the razo. :sly:

It's just going to be a matter of which car is better looking in replays and which car has better overall feel.

Can't wait to get started. :cheers:

I didn't have much time to test this race since I only said yesterday afternoon in the suggestion thread that I would try to set up a multilapper.
Yesterday evening I picked one car per division (MR-S for div 1, Garaiya for div 2 and Amemiya for div 3) and ran 3 sessions of the same number of laps.
On its fastest lap, the Amemiya was 2 seconds faster than the Garaiya which was 3 seconds faster than the MR-S.

I didn't have time to test the 3 other cars since I had in the meantime promised to test some Mini Cooper-S ;)

flat-out
I didn't have time to test the 3 other cars since I had in the meantime promised to test some Mini Cooper-S ;)

Which I greatly appreciate and hope does not go to waste... Very few people seem interested in a Mini Cup. :(
:bowdown:

In any case, try not to take my words the wrong way... I didn't mean to imply that you were negligent, lazy, or wrong. I was simply trying to give advice and predict winners (mr. know-it-all). :guilty: :lol:

It should be really interesting to see if D1 can over-come the odds and pull a win. 👍
Likewise, it should be really interesting to see if D3 can pull a few good laps out and make D1 sweat.

D2 may be able to take the over win this week though so I am expecting to see a really fun and close race.
Let's just hope the handicap doesn't scare off the weak-willed D1 racers. ;) :lol:

Nice setup. Should be interesting. I'm not fond of the track myself (only cos I suck at it) but I like a challenge.

Very cool looking race 👍 I like the fact that it's a handicap race.

Well, I'm going in for an operation on Wednesday, so while I recover I won't have to work and I'll have plenty of time to spend on this :) Albeit I won't be able to use the wheel, so back to DS2 for now... but still cooool!

Sweet 👍 :eek: :drool:

Absolutely fantastic. It brings back good memories of the GT4 WRS Warm Up Races - in particular, this one

That was an awesome race and I loved how the MR-S handled. That's going to be my car of choice for this week, too. For sure.

I just hope the stupid AI don't spoil the fun factor too much.

Other than that, this race is going to be awesome!

Can't wait to start. Why do I have to have homework to do for tomorrow? :(

The Wizard.

Awesome race Cyril!

Cool that all divisions have a shot at TTOD asssuming "handicap" is close. I think D2 will probably have the best shot though. Will definitely be interesting! :)

I like this format (for now) with different divisions in different cars. Shakes things up a bit, but it does remove the ability to gauge abainst the "fast guys".

Definitely screws up my database's %TTOD stats for this week.

-SHig

SHigSpeed
For the acronym-illiterate's sake (me), would you mind putting words to those letters? :D

It would gladly be appreciated :bowdown:

EDIT: Does it have something to do with Textile Team Outlet and Design, by any chance? As that is the first thing that comes up with Google :lol:

The Wizard.

Very interesting, my money is on the top of D2 to take an overal win!

Well it looks like I'm the first bunny out of the chute for you hounds to chase. :lol:

Ran 5 races, and the last was clean.....AI and otherwise.

L1
T1: 24.375
T2: 1'02.141

L2
T1: 18.570
T2: 56.484

First lap was a good one. 2nd kinda sucked.

Here's the lowdown:

Using the Apex MR-S, w/250 gearing.
AI set to +3 on *****hards. 6 point race.

AI lineup-
Amemiya RX-7
Cusco Subie
Arta
Wedssport celica
Peugot 205 turbo

Passed P5 on the inside (left) coming into the first real turn. Then took P4 on the inside (right) at the 2nd turn. Down the right side, up to 5th gear for the fast left, and tap the brakes lightly. Pass P3 on the outside (right) b4 you start to go up the hill, then the next one is the trickiest. You have to carry a lot of speed in 4th and nip P2 on the inside (right) just before the apex of the righthander at the top of the hill. It's tough to do, and you will have to let momentum carry you far onto the left rumble at exit. Pass T1, shift to 3rd for the next right and hang out for a squared off late apex, and if it's timed just right, you can pass P1 on the inside (right) just after apex without losing speed. Then just sit back and enjoy the other 1-2/3 laps!:sly:

The nice thing about the MR-S is that you can toss it around at will without losing a ton of speed. 👍 Still one of the most fun cars in the game.

That will be it for me till next weekend. No chance to race the rest of the week. Have fun all!

:cheers:

Nice splits for starting MinorShunt (hopefully I will match those by the end of the week). :P

I ran the Razo Silvia. 👍
Fun car to drive but it has a bit too much understeer during braking. 👎

However, after running the Razo, I am convinced that the D1 top dogs will manage a win with the MR-S. :bowdown:
The Razo felt so smooth and fast that the MR-S must be great (been a while since I drove it). If the MR-S is as fast as I think, there's a good chance it will hang with the faster cars like the Wedsport Celica.

Only time and some really fast racing will tell but for now, my money is on D1 and the MR-S. :cheers: ;)

Kent
Nice splits for starting MinorShunt (hopefully I will match those by the end of the week). :P

Thanks Kent. But I bet if you jump in the MR-S, you will have it beat in no time. 👍

I may give the Razo a spin next weekend, just to get the whole flavor for the event, but will definitely stick with the MR-S whether it's fastest or not. It just has that wrist flick quickness that not many other cars have, and I'm happy to have the chance to race it. 👍

I don't know about your prediction though........I can think of a couple of D3er's that could give the whole show a real run in the Wedssport if they put their mind to it. :hint Gregor hint: :sly:

Sweet, this one sounds like a great combo. Should see some really low times since this is the qualifying track that I jsut ran atleast 80 laps on a week ago. Looking forward to this one!

👍 👍 A JGTC race in the WRS, :crazy: Will go for the Cusco (easy choice here) With no red line just keep it in first and watch the red line go all the way around the dial like a watch - lol j/k Funny though :sly:

Well,
I don't think the Razo is fast enough to really compete but I still want to give it a go. :mischievous:

With luck for the Razo we might see a line up like this... :P

But I doubt that. :lol:

I'm workin on a D3 overall!!!!!! :lol:

I dont know whats worse, me trying to get past the damn AI without a touch or the fact that if i make a clean pass they go ahead and knock the Sh@# outta me :( :lol:
Oh BTW that damn celica is a fuggin grippy Bxtch!!! :)

wooo hoo, havent had a chance for a multilapper in a long time. Hopefully Ill be alittle more competitive this week than last.. I think its gonna be the MR-S for me, like Kent, I remember it being better in GT3, and I always like mid engine cars better.

Different cars for different divisions is an awesome idea, the leaderboard is gonna look pretty funny though, with all the div 1 people at the bottom..

Stock cars next week? Please?

EDIT for question: Is there any place to win the MR-S?

MinorShunt
Way to go Cyril! You figured out a handicap race. 👍
agreed, i think this will be very interesting this week, i hope Casio gets promoted this week otherwise he might just come out with an overall win from Div2 (!) the way he has been driving at the moment...

will definitely be giving this a crack... and i am glad to be back on Arcade mode as well...

shockwaveracing
i hope Casio gets promoted this week otherwise he might just come out with an overall win from Div2 (!) the way he has been driving at the moment...

Well, I might just not submit this week, and go for the overall win :sly:.

But seriously, if I do get my promotion I've been working at for 8 months, what timing to do it in a division handicap race!

I havn't tried this race yet, but I don't think I'll be to keen on the AI. Personally I would of liked to have seen these in a hotlap shoot-out, but that's just me I guess.

intersting race, sounds like fun! i'll do some laps a little later. and i'll post a race description asweel, cathcya

Casio
Personally I would of liked to have seen these in a hotlap shoot-out, but that's just me I guess.

Agreed, but multilap races encourage consistency, and to my knowledge there is no way to do them other than with the AI turned on.. to me its a mixed bag: racing the AI sucks but the consistency required of a multilap race is a good thing.

EDIT: Fresh Splits, probably another 0.7 - 1.2 left in it for me i reckon...

LAP 1:
T1: 24.503 (seen 24.4)
T2: 1'02.753 (seen 1'02.3)

LAP 2:
T1: 18.492 (seen low 18.3)
T2: 56.299 (hope to crack a high 55 through here)

Using - Toyota Super Autobacs Apex MR-S (JGTC) '00

Also to Flat-Out this car actually has 359bhp and not 337...

shockwaveracing
LAP 1:
T1: 24.610
T2: 1'02.539

LAP 2:
T1: 18.550
T2: 56.568

Using - Toyota Super Autobacs Apex MR-S (JGTC) '00

Also to Flat-Out this car actually has 359bhp and not 337...

I think Cyril wants you to tune it to 337?, but i could be wrong

shockwaveracing
but he has everything at 20% power in the first post...

all cars shall use the same settings :

* +20% hp ;

Not to worry. it seems the pwr matchs the 359hp anyway 👍, so it is indeed a miss type from Cyril.

I just thought since the power is actually more than Cyril stated it may put off that 2.82 pwr but it doesnt.

Back