GT4 WRS Week 7: "Skyline Fanboyz"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 648 comments

CFM

Hello everyone, welcome to week 7 of the GT4 WRS! Time to try your choice of Skylines this week. We will run this event in GT Mode, not Arcade Mode. Since we will be tuning this week, it is considered good ettiquette to post the setups you are running so that others may try them out. In other words, be friendly and help those that are having trouble.:)

Gran Turismo Mode:
World Circuits / Practice (5 Cr.)

Track :
Twin Ring Motegi - East Short Course (Forward) / Hotlap

Car:
Any Nissan Skyline purchaseable at the Nissan dealer, or at the Used Car Lots.(Any Year or model) No JTGC Race Skylines allowed, No prize car Skylines, No Skylines from the Tuner Village, No Skylines from the Nismo screen. Just your basic street model Skyline.

wrsweek7race0af.jpg

Any questions about which cars are able to be used, please ask here, just in case of any misunderstanding. It should be rather clear.

Race Settings:
500HP LIMIT
Sports Tires only, No Race Slicks!
Car may be tuned using all available parts, weight reductions, chassis stiffeners, wheels, wings, oil changes, etc. The only thing that will NOT be allowed is nitrous. Every other part can be fitted as the driver wishes, as long as power does not exceed 500HP in the Settings screen (HP Graph), and Race Tires are not used.

Rules:

Only discuss "T" times!

Clean OLR Standards:
Two Tires on track at all times!
Rumble strips are part of the track
No wall touching
No short cutting
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Save your best "ghost" replay
Submit the time listed in replay file name

Time Verification:
-The division 1 winner each week will be required to submit with verification.
-All divisions of racers are subject to a request of time verification, however, this does not mean all racers will be required to submit verification for each race.
-Once a request for the verification of a time has been made the racer in question must comply.
-Any request of verification must addressed by the racer in question with in 3 days of the request. Arrangements must be made for the replay to be verified within a resonable time period, or the time in question will be removed from the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database.

Deadline: Before Tuesday, May 24th, 8:00am CST
No times will be accepted after Tuesday 8:00am CST = Tuesday 1:00pm GMT
http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Time Submission:
Send your final time to me using a Private Message. Include your division with your time please!

Any questions, just ask here. See you all at the finish line, and remember: SAVE THOSE REPLAYS!:cool:

CFM you are great :D Thank you for the Skyline :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Another track that I dont know at all but i will have to do my best this week ;-)
Good luck everybody :)

Small_Fryz
nice!, Skylines, hhhmm Which one is it gonna be!

Ill give you 2 and a half hours to figure it out chips, before i leave work, then i'll know what to race in. Keep the posts updated!

Btw, are you doing the leaderboard for this week too?
Great work on last weex leaderboard Fryz WASNT IT EVERYONE?
👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

Im thinking of an R32, cos i prefer the shape, but there are sooooo many in GT4, all the really old ones too.....

Shame he didnt choose evo's eh? you already did a power comparison for those.

Good luck everyone!

Nice combo Credited Foreign Money. :grumpy:

Time to learn a new car. I haven't spent a lot of time in a Skyline and not a lot of time at the track, so lots to learn here.

Have fun everyone!

Hey.. this should certainly be interesting. Hope to have picked a car by the end of the week.

Good luck everyone!

:Irked: Skylines... I feel a new signature coming up pretty soon...

Ohh well... Time to fix the DFP and get to wrrk ;)

Good luck to all !...

Anyone know off the top of your head what the lightest skyline was? I dont want to start with a pig and try to lose weight off it.

A quick note about submissions this week:

When you submit your time, include the exact model of Skyline that was used including model year, and the amount of HP shown in the graph in the upper right corner of the tuning menu. And your division, of course.:)

Did a quick search of Famin's spreadsheet and found the following have the best power to weight numbers.....

Anyone see anything different?

Car / power/ weight

R34 Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur '02 337/1560
R34 Skyline GT-R '00 328/1540
R34 Skyline GT-R M-spec Nur '02 336/1580
R34 Skyline GT-R M-Spec '01 331/1560

NOOb, probably stupid question! (well noob to skylines anyway!)

does the GT-R V-spec II Nur qualify?

Not sure which skylines are JTGC?

Told ya it was a stupid question!

Neil

I believe the not allowed JGTC ones are the Pennozil skyline etc..basially the race ones listed at the end of the dealership, the GT-R V-Spec II Nur, i'm assuming would be ok, but unsure.

CFM, may i ask something

the power we must submit is the power in HP or PS, HP is only attainable if you set units to HP then in the tunning menu press start, that is the best way imo. Also if you have excatly 500HP (507PS) is that allowed or does it have to be under 500?

The real goal here is probably to start with the lightest Skyline available, I think the R32 are the lightest but I am not sure. But R34 should have much better Torque control from wheel to wheel.

Is it possible to make the Skline completely rear wheel drive in GT4 with the VCD settings?

circa86
The real goal here is probably to start with the lightest Skyline available, I think the R32 are the lightest but I am not sure. But R34 should have much better Torque control from wheel to wheel.

Is it possible to make the Skline completely rear wheel drive in GT4 with the VCD settings?

Well it looks like I'll have to test every single one and see what is the best ... turn off auto-save and then spend all my bucks on the upgrades, then reload and check the next one ... closest to 500hp with least weight is the winner ... I can't think that GT4's handling differs SO much between the 100 Skylines ... maybe I'm wrong !

Small_Fryz
CFM, may i ask something

the power we must submit is the power in HP or PS, HP is only attainable if you set units to HP then in the tunning menu press start, that is the best way imo. Also if you have excatly 500HP (507PS) is that allowed or does it have to be under 500?

Yes it must be in HP, not PS. Change your units in the options if necessary for the week. 500HP is OK, 501HP is not.

Kragbees, Fryz here has a good gamesave for PAL I believe, maybe he can help you out.

Am using that save on wrs memcard myself!

Oh.....if only real-life was this easy!

ie if you had over 850 cars to choose to drive for a week, and 8 quadrillion faffillion gazillion credits to your name! lol

@ CFM

Have managed to get a GT-R M.N.P. II '99 to 499bhp in the graph display, but on the main tuning screen it states that it's 506bhp! is this right? and legal?

Neil

ballstothewall
@ CFM

Have managed to get a GT-R M.N.P. II '99 to 499bhp in the graph display, but on the main tuning screen it states that it's 506bhp! is this right? and legal?

Neil

Which main tuning screen? When you start your session and go to adjust your settings, the graph should say 500 HP or less. Are you talking about the screens where you buy the parts? Or maybe the Garage values? Those may be different. I really don't understand why there has to 7,000 different HP ratings for the same car.👎

CFM
Which main tuning screen? When you start your session and go to adjust your settings, the graph should say 500 HP or less. Are you talking about the screens where you buy the parts? Or maybe the Garage values? Those may be different. I really don't understand why there has to 7,000 different HP ratings for the same car.👎

In the setting screen, off the race menu.

try it,

at the top of the screen the game states the power next to the graph! but if you click on the graph itself..... a different LOWER value is on the left side/top corner of the display!

Maybe it's a reading of the bhp 'at-the-wheel'?

Which one do we use?

Use the one that shows when you press start and it brings it up big. Thats what im using, and its 500hp excatly

here are my splits, rather crap but something to start with

1'00.700

OK when I tested, I thought the number next to the graph was the same as when you clicked on it. So go ahead and use the lower value that appears when you enlarge the graph. The number that appears on the tuning screen when the graph is reverted to normal size may be higher than 500, but the number when you enlarge the graph must be 500 or less.

Why can't there be one value across the board? Rather stupid if you ask me. You get yet another value when you watch the replay I assume.:rolleyes:

Back