GT4 WRS Week 8: "Licensed To Ill"

• Thread starter CFM
  • 630 comments

CFM

Hello everyone, welcome to week 8 of the GT4 WRS! I wanted to do a fast car this week, so this should make it easy for everyone to have access to the car instead of trying to round up millions of dollars. Since this is a Licence test, as long as the game passes you, your run is valid, along with the additional notes: No Wall Contact whatsoever. No Shortcutting if that is possible in any way. The red pavement will be considered part of the track for this week since the game will decide if you are off track or not, next time we run at LeSarthe it will not be, however.

Gran Turismo Mode:
S License Tests / Test S-15

Track :
LeSarthe II (Chicaned)

Car:
Bentley Speed 8
week8race6lr.jpg

Race Settings:
Standard license Test. Driver's choice of AT or MT. No other settings are adjustable.

Rules:

Only discuss "T" times!

Clean OLR Standards:
Two Tires on track at all times!
Red pavement will be part of the track this time
Rumble strips are part of the track
No wall touching
No short cutting
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Save your best "ghost" replay
Submit the time listed in replay file name

Time Verification:
-The division 1 winner each week will be required to submit with verification.
-All divisions of racers are subject to a request of time verification, however, this does not mean all racers will be required to submit verification for each race.
-Once a request for the verification of a time has been made the racer in question must comply.
-Any request of verification must addressed by the racer in question with in 3 days of the request. Arrangements must be made for the replay to be verified within a resonable time period, or the time in question will be removed from the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database.

Deadline: Before Tuesday, May 31st, 8:00am CST
No times will be accepted after Tuesday 8:00am CST = Tuesday 1:00pm GMT
http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Time Submission:
Send your final time to me using a Private Message. Include your division with your time please!

Any questions, just ask here. See you all at the finish line, and remember: SAVE THOSE REPLAYS!:cool:

yo Concentrating Filthy Madman, week 8 man.

Thanx.

👎 :grumpy: 👍

Don't you mean WRS Week 8? The title says week 7. Yes, week 7 was an awful long week for most of us. ;)

post script: nice idea. This should be fun.

Oh no :scared:

This is gonna be fun but frustrating, not a bad course really and its lots of fun with DFP. Will see how i go

Hmmmm, might give this a bash, even though I was planning to give the WRS a rest for a bit... I'm golding the licence tests at the minute and only have the 14 S licences to go anyway, so I might as well submit my time 👍

CFM I understand it now ... sorry for acting dof. As long as the game says it's a valid run it's a valid run you mean.

CFM
Changed to week 8 as needed. Damn auto-fill in the dropdown box.:dunce:

You wrote "as" twice in your post.

Sorry, just being picky now!

Z
I like where this is goin'.

What, the START/FINISH after the chicanes, you mean?

I dont, i didnt like the bentley ever. Now i have to have my arms ripped off with the wind and vibration of the straight. Oh well.... demotion here we come! :grumpy:

Just in case you are new to this test anyone, its all about getting through the chicanes on the straight like they arent there, then making the right hander in 3rd at the end of the straight, then getting through the twisty buggers at the back of the circuit in one piece. Dont stamp on the gas, and dont touch the sand, but do use the throttle to balance the car and get it to turn.

Good luck all y'all.

:yuck:

vexd
You wrote "as" twice in your post.

Sorry, just being picky now!

Just ignore him CFM

his just upset he lost to chippers and had a bad last sector :indiff: , not to worry, im sure you will make up for it this week 👍

Oh crap. Nice car, tough track. To bad it's a license test.... It was hard enough to get a gold in the first place.

vexd
What, the START/FINISH after the chicanes, you mean?

I dont, i didnt like the bentley ever. Now i have to have my arms ripped off with the wind and vibration of the straight. Oh well.... demotion here we come! :grumpy:

Now that I think about it, there's not a thing I don't like about this week. I loved this license test back when I golded it and will only come to find how much I've missed it. For me, the Bentley suits my driving style perfectly. I recall it being a little mushy on the edges at times because of how forgiving it is, but I'm sure that can all be sorted out in a week's time.

Draft you guys on the straights..

Z is too fast.

I think im gonna hang around in his bad air....

And as for you, you Bounder you CFM, or whatever your name is, i saw that edit, i did i did!
"Last edited by VEXD : Today at 3:21 PM."

Im off.....

Bloody Bentley's round le sarthe..... what will he think of next.....

vexd
And as for you, you Bounder you CFM, or whatever your name is, i saw that edit, i did i did!
"Last edited by VEXD : Today at 3:21 PM."

:lol: :lol: :lol: Quit editing your post to try and make me look dumb. I do that well enough on my own, thankyouverymuch.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aw man ... I've got like ONE gold in all the license tests and playing for more has never been an interest of mine ... I just don't work that way. This is going to suck more than last week, and that's saying something.

Kolyana
Aw man ... I've got like ONE gold in all the license tests and playing for more has never been an interest of mine ... I just don't work that way. This is going to suck more than last week, and that's saying something.

It doesn't matter if you get a Gold, Silver, Bronze or whatever this week. It's just you vs. the rest of your division, as always.:)

Sorry you don't like my choice. I get praises and hate mail every week so I already know that not everyone will like my races. Just trying to keep things fresh and test different aspects of everyone's driving skill. At least you can't accuse me of doing the same thing week in and week out. Hope you feel like getting your car really dirty next week. (hint hint):sly:

Back