• Thread starter Rykon Zero
  • 76 comments

Rykon Zero

Car
Premium
United States
Seattle, WA
RykonZero
ok. this is a new thread about the best handling cars in GT4.
i searched for a thread like this but couldn't find anything.
it will go like this. someone will give 1 or more cars, that they think handle the best in GT4. they must give 3 reasons they think the car handles best.
if the car is modified, you should include modifcations.

here is my example.

Mazda Autozam AZ-1:)
it has full modifications.

it has a touch of oversteer.:)
its light, meaning it handles like a go-kart:sly:
and it never really goes fast enough to require heavy braking.:D

Corvette C1:

Has cornering levels much higher than it has power to use them (even fully modified).
Has absurdly powerful brakes (and I mean absurdly powerful), allowing you to brake way later than the AI would dream of doing.
Oversteers when pushed really hard, but is otherwise neutral and balanced.

a good amount of LeMans and Group Cs.. Why? Well have you considered the fact that they all are roughly 1000kg, have racing tires and have a Great amount of downforce? :)

but some cars, even though they are comprable, have totally different personalities. 💡 that is the point of the thread. like a skyline and an rx-7 have close preformance, but totally different driving styles. skylines tend to understeer, :grumpy: but rx7s tend to oversteer. massively. :ouch:

A fully tuned Lotus Europa. That thing was described as a Formula 1 car for the street when it was launched and that's true.

Probably the CLK-DTM touring car. It turns really well and the low power for the chassis/tires makes it quite fun to drive.

The Focus is sharp, but kinda twitchy. It's fun to drive, but you're constantly second-guessing and catching yourself. The Focus ST170 has more benign handling, and can take more power without becoming a mess of wheelspin.

Amongst Front-wheel drive streetcars in the game, the Integra Type R is the most precise. You can lay down a dozen laps within tenths of each other with this car, no fidgeting, no mid-corner adjustments, nothing... point, squirt, go. It's got more understeer than the Focus RS, but it's a far more predictable car.

Amongst Four-wheel drive street cars, the Skyline GT-R is good. The Subarus are pretty good, too. Technically, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evos should be good, but the way GT4 models grip for the Lancer is strange... they have too much rear-end grip, and it's hard to drive them the way they're meant to be driven, sideways and spinning tires like crazy. Pity.

For rear-drivers... NSX. Period. But I'm kind of fond of the Corvette Z06 and the M5.

Amongst race cars, "best handling" is a moot thing... they all handle well compared to anything else in the game. :dopey:

Sooner or later, someone is going to point you to this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69237

Of course, it's "Favorite Handling", not best handling... but aside from mechanical grip and ultimate lap times, people's views of handling are mostly subjective.

Technically, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evos should be good, but the way GT4 models grip for the Lancer is strange... they have too much rear-end grip, and it's hard to drive them the way they're meant to be driven, sideways and spinning tires like crazy. Pity.

fixed for GTHD

Good to know... but this is the GT4 section... ;)

I'm just waiting for GT5 to come out before jumping to the PS3.

but some cars, even though they are comprable, have totally different personalities. 💡 that is the point of the thread. like a skyline and an rx-7 have close preformance, but totally different driving styles. skylines tend to understeer, :grumpy: but rx7s tend to oversteer. massively. :ouch:

The Mazda RX-7, '91 model, is a 50/50 weight balanced car, and although Gt4 doesn't do a perfect job with it's handling, still is (imo) easily one of the best handling cars on the game. It's predictable, maneouverable (sp) and has good grip and brakes well. I just love it. Every single model.

NSX handles like it's on rails, but is a MR, so can't compare both on level handling.

When it comes to drift handling i love the Supra RZ. Stock with N1's.

Another great racer is the Suzuki GSX-something. The one with MC engine.

the tommy kaira zzII with racing soft tires, proper down force, and motor upgrades, it will outrun a f1 car on the striaghts, and mybe keep up in the corners. mine is perfect

pm me for the settings, this thing is sick.

Hey,

I wanted to know what Supercar was the best so i sat down and made a test. Not only the fastest but the one with best feeling. I might aswell share the info. This is the cars i tested:

2003 Audi Le Mans Quattro
2002 Cadillac Cien
2003 Callaway C12
1994 Cizeta V16T
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10
2005 Ford GT
1992 Jaguar XJ220
2003 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
1998 Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car
2002 Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3
1996 RUF CTR2
2002 Saleen S7
2002 Spyker C8 Laviolette
2000 Tommy Kaira ZZII
2001 Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept

------------------------------DEEP FOREST RACEWAY LAP TIMES------------------------------

1st 1'17

2002 Cadillac Cien
- Very good handling, it's not hard to drive even though it has so much power.

2nd 1'18

2002 Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3
- Good handling but it tends to spin when braking from high speed.
2000 Tommy Kaira ZZII
- This a real turbo beast. Very easy to control but that does not take the fun away.
2002 Saleen S7
- This was simply a joy to drive. It oversteers a little but that's controllable.

5th 1'19

2001 Volkswagen W12 Nardo Concept
- This is much like the saleen, it has fantastic balance and oversteers just perfectly to get around tight corners fast.
2005 Ford GT
- Very good road feeling and well balanced. Has it's own will when it comes to braking but it's controllable.

7th 1'20

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- Very easy to drive which unfortunately makes it boring. There is no road feeling at all.
2003 Audi Le Mans Quattro
- The 4wd setting is really good, feels a little like a rally car. Tends to spin when braking from high speed.

9th 1'22

1992 Jaguar XJ220
- It feels heavy and tends to understeer. Very robust feeling, like it's nailed to the road.
1994 Cizeta V16T
- It's a very calm ride, but still not boring. It feels big though.
1998 Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car
- You can really taste the Racing in this one. Under 400 BHP but the cornering is amazing.
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10
- It feels big, more of a muscle car. The handling is quiet good even though the cornering is a bit slow.
2002 Spyker C8 Laviolette
- Extremely fun to drive with oversteer and semi-grip.

14th 1'23

1996 RUF CTR2
- This car could be really fast but it has way too much understeer.

15th 1'24

2003 Callaway C12
- It feels heavy and the cornering is slow but the handling is really good.

This is an old thread i made. Might come in handy :P

I've done some serious big-car PwNzing in my Honda S800 Race Car. It may only have 103hp, but when it weighs 700kg (I think), and with Super-Softs, you can VERY EASILY make up in the turns what you lack in the straights.

I found the Buick Special, using SS tires (read:Sports-Soft Compound, not Racing Super-Soft Compound) handled very well, both for a muscle-car and in general. With less weight than most of its contemporaries, the car corners better on softer springs, common on the entire muscle-car scene, and the sheer power of the car (556hp-615hp, depending on oil changes) renders its front end a very rare sight, as most opponents will see its fast-disappearing rear end instead. The car even oversteers on soft compounds, so sports mediums could be a better choice.

the nissan motul pitwork z is really good, not only at turning, but it can stop on a dime. its pretty quick too.

For a JGTC, yes... I agree..

Aston Martin DB9.. with aids off, man it can oversteer from turning.. good drift car, my newest and favourite FR car

Renaultsport Clio V6 Phase ll anyone? MR, short wheelbase, quite good power and shouldn't be judged by it's horsepower anyway! (seriously, I can get lots of A-Spec points easily using this car, compared to others with similar power/A-spec points)

Most of the old slow cars have great handling, although I think it's because in part they're slow to begin with; you can manage your turning better! Although the 2000GT-B Skyline seems to want to rev when on low speeds in a turn :^P

I always liked the S500/600/800 vehicles as a fun series of lightweights, and tuning them makes them a blast, if not a bit skiddish. The S800 RSC Race Car is pretty fun to drive!

EDIT:

I forgot to mention tires X^D The S series always runs great on Sport Mediums.

2000 lexus gs300...Just because ! got one in rl today. Hey its my opinion gs-three rocks...just like ps-three...(sorry had to throw that one in)

Latest Posts

Back