GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
That's dictated by SALES. Toyota had Supra, MR2, Celica and Camry coupe. No one wanted sports cars, they wanted SUVs and Trucks. They followed the trend for sales and that led them to #1 in the world. Complain all you want, but trends drive sales. Starting over from GT5P to GT5 is a big deal. We all know he wanted DTM and FIA GT in it, but time constraints forced what GT5 we have now. Don't blame PD, blame yourselves. You wanted GT5 now, you got it.

Shoot I'm glad we have it now, I was seriously starting to go crazy. I remember I pre ordered it from amazon - and it came a week after it was released. I was furious:mad: Now if it was any other game I would have cared less haha. Its just when you wait so long it becomes almost a fantasy - Like it will never happen, then when it comes to that last week - it becomes intense haha.

I dont think I would have lasted another year.:dunce:

PD had five years to make the game. It should be more than enough time, for any developer, to deliver a polished product, esp when the game features so much regurgiated content (cars, tracks, game mechanics etc), from previous GT games.

I think Sony needs to cut these guys loose, maybe that would shake PD out of their complacency.

PD had five years to make the game. It should be more than enough time, for any developer, to deliver a polished product, esp when the game features so much regurgiated content (cars, tracks, game mechanics etc), from previous GT games.

I think Sony needs to cut these guys loose, maybe that would shake PD out of their complacency.

👍

You need to give PD a break they had to rework the physics from the ground up from prologue and that's the biggest reason why it took so long. Also take that into consideration, Kaz expects GT6 out in a much shorter time frame(around 2 years). The less you expect and demand the happier you will be. It's PD's game not yours if you don't like what they are doing go somewhere else.

If there is really new thing please gtplanet members inform me please
i'm waiting for something big to happen to gt5 but i think i will just dream of it

Profile Photo Menu
www.dotup.org1686756.jpg

:lol:

NO new circuits
NO new support to G25/G27
menù speed increase
added a song
NO REPLAY UPDATE
NO SLIPSTREAM SETUP ( in practice session)

Last edited:
Actually for those of you who haven't noticed, the new patch added something great! Seasonal Events, Lightweight K-Cup at the Eifel Kart Track now pays $310,000 credits!!! and the credits can be obtained in less than 3 minutes. I'm using the Honda Beat '92 which btw is a blast to drive with its middle engine. I've been getting 2'58" every 3 laps!! $310,000 every 3 minutes! lol That's better than any race grinding in any of the events in career mode. Almost a million credits every 9 minutes!!

Also, I noticed that the online dealership cars are now even cheaper than the used dealership.

From the Playstation Blog - probably just general media talk that means nothing but read into it what you like.

COMMENT 'Are we ever going to get DLC? Or are we just going to get ridiculous updates such as new racing gear. Seven months and no indication of new tracks or cars. What the hell have PD been doing since the release of GT5?'

ANSWER FROM Penrose Tackie – European Brand Manager. 'I appreciate the frustration with regards to DLC but keep checking back on the PlayStation Blog, there will be news in due course.'

Can be found here
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/08/gt5-update-1-10-2/

Although the biggest upside to this buying parts in the setting menu option to me is buying tyres when in an online lounge without having to leave the room.
I assume you can also do it online, otherwise it's a bit useless indeed.

From the Playstation Blog - probably just general media talk that means nothing but read into it what you like.

COMMENT 'Are we ever going to get DLC? Or are we just going to get ridiculous updates such as new racing gear. Seven months and no indication of new tracks or cars. What the hell have PD been doing since the release of GT5?'

ANSWER FROM Penrose Tackie – European Brand Manager. 'I appreciate the frustration with regards to DLC but keep checking back on the PlayStation Blog, there will be news in due course.'

Can be found here
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/08/gt5-update-1-10-2/

maxpontiac translation:

When Forza 4 nears launch, GT5 Spec II will be released.:)

More and more I get the impression that any DLC would be a disc based add on, just like when an MMO adds more levels, monsters, and avatar choices.

The amount of data on premium cars is enormous for each one. I would pay $40 for a disc with half again as many cars and track as the original game had.

More and more I get the impression that any DLC would be a disc based add on, just like when an MMO adds more levels, monsters, and avatar choices.

The amount of data on premium cars is enormous for each one. I would pay $40 for a disc with half again as many cars and track as the original game had.

Not really... because when I got that "purple camaro '10" from the shick promotion, it was only about 1,500 KB. So a premium car doesn't take to much a space. Now, the space required for a track with weather change/day-night cycle, I don't know...

onigod
Not really... because when I got that "purple camaro '10" from the shick promotion, it was only about 1,500 KB. So a premium car doesn't take to much a space. Now, the space required for a track with weather change/day-night cycle, I don't know...

The camaro is already in game...you just got a skin with the promo.

Guys, I've just had an in-game message from someone I'm not even sure I know.

Subject: wolksvagn golf r32 gfit

not becaus of the car's in game data was failure wolksvagen golf r32 would gift

Any idea at all what that's about?

Back