GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
TWO MAINTENANCES?! HOLY KAZ GOD OF MAINTENANCE!

Good lord! All hail maintenance and the good things it'll bring.

I don't expect much. Maybe some minor bug fixes in the online play. Other than that not much will be happening I don't think. Also eliminate those extremely overpowered cars. (52000hp X2011)

Two scheduled maintenance periods for next week.

granturismo.com: http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/d58776.html

Hmmm,

So next week Tuesday and Thursday (one of those the same day a new seasonal goes up, not that it matters). Not jumping to any conclusions but seeing as its two maintanance periods in the same week, one does have to wonder what has brought about both of these in this span of time.

I can see a new DLC being revealed, especially before the PS4 rumor on Feb 20th.

A lot of speculators talk about GT6 perhaps being displayed in the "demo" or in the games reel. A DLC could re-install interest in GT5 and hype us up for GT6.

I'm fooling around with the Museum mode in GT5 right now. I know something like a museum was planned back even for GT4, but I do think this is a great feature for GT5. Part of me says there could be a lot more different manufacturers represented for Museum. For example, I'd be interested in seeing a museum set for Chevrolet, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and Honda among some others. Maybe the sad thing is feeling like you really could have all the individual Museum cards when you really have just a bunch of the cards at random. You know it's sad when you have (for instance) five of the Museum card of the Lotus Type 49.

When I look back at the Paint items, it really isn't bad at all. It would probably be better to "unlock" the paints by buying certain cars, then be able to purchase extra copies of the paint items just so you'll have some left over for when you want to paint any other cars. I still would prefer a proper preview of the car paints ON THE CAR or ON THE WHEELS rather than with the generic models. Like, I want to know what an Audi R8 would look like if I applied a certain dark red or a light blue to it. Maybe memory limitations prevent you from getting a preview on the car. Regardless, I think that could be done a lot better. It's very interesting when spraying with the color-shifting colors (like Reflex Spice) since two different colors show up when you change to one of those color-shifting paints.

I realize I still have a lot of the free coupons in the game from one of those Christmas deals. You know, those in-game coupons that granted you 10 free rigidity restores, oil changes, and things like that. I'm actually trying to build up my money so I could get the 1967 Ford Mark IV Race Car. Since I have the Ferrari 330 P4 from that Ferrari Seasonal, I figured I want to get that beautiful classic Ford to add to my collection. I am still hoping to get the Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car or the Chaparral 2J from the Used Car Dealer.

NEWS -> Carscoop did an article using GT5 to pit the Corvette (C6) ZR1, Dodge Viper ACR, Corvettte (C7) Stingray, Corvette (C6) Z06, & Dodge Viper SRT-10.

ARTICLE

;)

MANDSILVER9
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, however this is not surprising as ps1 had 2 GT games and so did ps2 so it seems only fitting that there would be 2 on ps3.

The only difference though, is none of those games games had the successor system already released when they came out.

I doubt, probably was just a mistake by who got interviewed.

Not getting my hopes high about GT6 on PS3 until official announcements.
However It would be amazing if really happens :drool:

Is anyone else having problems using the online features on GT5?

When the game loads up, it stops on the Gran Turismo 5 logo and after a while gives me an error which says 'Unable to connect to the server, ID error 2:516'. Then the game loads up and you reach the screen where GT Life, Arcade Mode, etc is located and the same thing happens. I need to wait for about two minutes until I can move the arrow anywhere.

Once I load up GT Life, I get the message 'Unable to connect to the server'. I'm unable to access Seasonals, Collectors Dealership and anything else that's online related. I've never had this issue before, so I tried clearing the system cache and re-loading the game but it's still the same.

Looks like at the moment, its just for Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Taiwan.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, however this is not surprising as ps1 had 2 GT games and so did ps2 so it seems only fitting that there would be 2 on ps3.

Having said that. If it came out on ps3 it would be have much limited potential compared to if it were to come out on ps4. Im in favour of seeing a "GT6 prologue" or equivalent to GT HD come out on ps3, so we can get a flavour of whats in store, then the full game come out a while in the future on ps4. Best of both worlds ;)

I don't think we will ever get an early GT announcement again, they have learnt their lesson. Good idea as well.

Why not? GT6 isn't the big leap forward that GT5 was/is. Most of the work is done for GT6 already in the GT5 model. GT5 was the big redesign, GT6 is just an extension of that.

Why on earth haven't I seen or heard of this car before? :odd:

046ce255632e7c8d20d11aee4955f6e3.jpg

6161da9c742571dd8dcbe6c73b6ec39f.jpg

cef26461e2c8f406a313cfb577affef5.jpg

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Gran-Turismo-E-motion-Concept/7154687

Back