GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Because its not real?

Looks like its something that the creators would like to have in a GT game.

Tell you what though, I envy anyone that has that darn GT showroom background, I could troll so many people if I had that :grumpy:

I can't wait to play GRAN TURISMO 5 but also at the same time there is no reason to play it, sadly i'm just waiting for something that makes me jumps from bed and run like i never did and play it again and again and again.

Why on earth haven't I seen or heard of this car before? :odd:

046ce255632e7c8d20d11aee4955f6e3.jpg

Shocked1.bmp

That car looks really sick, would love to drive that.
But sadly the Dev's never put it in the game...

I think the game might have a new bug since update 2.12.

Last night some friends and I were racing on Monaco, we all had Mirages, I had set the room for FWD only and 490pp. One of my friends was in his Mirage and could see his Mirage on his screen but to me and other players in the room he appeared as an R32 GTR he had used in a previous race on a different track.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues to this? Keeping in mind none of us have or have previously had modified hybrid/hacks whatever you call them.

set the room for FWD only and 490pp. One of my friends appeared as an R32 GTR.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues to this?

I think it was at around version 2.09 or 2.10, but my friend who was hosting had set the room for an RX7 spec race at Lacuna Seca, but somebody somehow entered as the Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06. I'm guessing it's just a connection bug.

I also remember a bug where if you picked a dirt track in shuffle mode and entered the track with the car you were given, then changed to a road circuit, you would keep the car you were just given, while others who had not yet entered the track, had to do a new shuffle. This meant that you had a bad balance between the field, as the cars from the dirt track shuffle list are much more powerful than those in the shuffle list for tarmac circuits anywhere from 420PP below.

I won't make new thread just for that.. and this is overall discusion thread so.. ;)
I have just noticed that they (PD).. have removed car reflection on the wet tarmack at SSR7.
Pics on the left were taken almost 2 years ago, and these on the right were taken today.

Ehh.. PD.. :confused:

ps. Sorry if my English is bad ;)

I think the game might have a new bug since update 2.12.

Last night some friends and I were racing on Monaco, we all had Mirages, I had set the room for FWD only and 490pp. One of my friends was in his Mirage and could see his Mirage on his screen but to me and other players in the room he appeared as an R32 GTR he had used in a previous race on a different track.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues to this? Keeping in mind none of us have or have previously had modified hybrid/hacks whatever you call them.

Funny that you mention this...

Last night, a group of us online had just finished a nascar race, then we moved on to a kart race, and one of the guys looked like he was still in his nascar (to the rest of us)... we had to restart the race, just to be sure.

So glad we weren't just all having one bad trip... :scared:

That reminds me... there was this video around a year ago with the same problem:

I won't make new thread just for that.. and this is overall discusion thread so.. ;)
I have just noticed that they (PD).. have removed car reflection on the wet tarmack at SSR7.
Pics on the left were taken almost 2 years ago, and these on the right were taken today.

Ehh.. PD.. :confused:

ps. Sorry if my English is bad ;)

The old pictures appear to be on Panning Mode 3, as the newer ones are not. Try that photo option and you should see this reflective road.

Funny that you mention this...

Last night, a group of us online had just finished a nascar race, then we moved on to a kart race, and one of the guys looked like he was still in his nascar (to the rest of us)... we had to restart the race, just to be sure.

So glad we weren't just all having one bad trip... :scared:

Ah yes, I've had a similar problem recently. Me and my friend were fooling around on the Ring. We set it to Karts, on the Nurburgring 24h, with 100% rain and complete darkness (yep, we're crazy). My friend was driving an X2010 before the karting, and when we went out, I could still see him driving the Red Bull. It looked and sounded like an X2010, but went like a kart as he was obviously driving one.

The old pictures appear to be on Panning Mode 3, as the newer ones are not. Try that photo option and you should see this reflective road.
Both are in the same mode. I know how to use Photo Mode in GT5 ;)
There are no reflections.
Well... check for yourself :)

So EU and US websites are getting updated to new design: Link

Link might not work after 8th as they are getting rid of the EU and US part of URL.

I personally think the new website looks a bit rushed, incomplete and currently a step back from current website. Maybe they are doing this new look earlier than they would like to get website up and running first with no problems like they have done with Asia. Then in time to add new things potentially like GT Academy and GT6 they have already been working on with new website layout, maybe EU relaunch of website will reveal new future of series. Hopefully there is some kind of GT announcement soon, next Playstation event is on 7th in Brazil so 8th being website update is perfect timing. Maybe I am reading too much into it but here's hoping 👍.

Both are in the same mode. I know how to use Photo Mode in GT5 ;)
There are no reflections.
Well... check for yourself :)

Err..PD, the question is...Was that on purpose? or PD screwed up again..:dunce:

So EU and US websites are getting updated to new design: Link

Link might not work after 8th as they are getting rid of the EU and US part of URL.

I personally think the new website looks a bit rushed, incomplete and currently a step back from current website. Maybe they are doing this new look earlier than they would like to get website up and running first with no problems like they have done with Asia. Then in time to add new things potentially like GT Academy and GT6 they have already been working on with new website layout, maybe EU relaunch of website will reveal new future of series. Hopefully there is some kind of GT announcement soon, next Playstation event is on 7th in Brazil so 8th being website update is perfect timing. Maybe I am reading too much into it but here's hoping 👍.

It actually kind of gave me a headache, it's similar to GT5's GT Life menu. I don't really use that much anyway but I remember it being easier to use a few months ago.

FINALLY DONE!
Better late than never.

3 months after a hard work, made by one person only in Gran Turismo 5. Only game footage taken personally in honor of the 15th anniversary of Gran Turismo!

^ That was awesome jBhIpS! Great editing as well, that must taken awhile to do. O.O Kaz should really see that, I'm very sure he'll love it. :)

Congratz on all that hard work, and happy 15th anniversay of Gran Turismo! :)

jBhIpS
FINALLY DONE!
Better late than never.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4DZqKyrdbo">YouTube Link</a>

3 months after a hard work, made by one person only in Gran Turismo 5. Only game footage taken personally in honor of the 15th anniversary of Gran Turismo!

Very nice video. Great job

Great video. Very well done. Your hard work in making the video is greatly appreciated as it was very enjoyable to watch. If there was an award for best video here on GTPlanet, this certainly should win it.:cheers:

Back