GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
GranTurismo uploaded a couple of new videos on their channel. In one of them, I found something interesting. When Sebastian chooses the track, you can see the tires that he uses: Racing Super Softs. So maybe they were only for some demos? I think I remember that we get only Racing Softs for the Vettel-Challenge. But anyway, here's the video:

look at ~1:20..it is only visible for a very short time, so maybe stop the vid there to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=053jZVlA9Cc

FINALLY DONE!
Better late than never.

3 months after a hard work, made by one person only in Gran Turismo 5. Only game footage taken personally in honor of the 15th anniversary of Gran Turismo!

Is that the music from Ace Combat? I love the music in those games

GranTurismo uploaded a couple of new videos on their channel. In one of them, I found something interesting. When Sebastian chooses the track, you can see the tires that he uses: Racing Super Softs. So maybe they were only for some demos? I think I remember that we get only Racing Softs for the Vettel-Challenge. But anyway, here's the video:

look at ~1:20..it is only visible for a very short time, so maybe stop the vid there to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=053jZVlA9Cc
It's old. Something's wrong with youtube. Old videos are shown as being uploaded today or recently. Good catch though. Racing Super Soft tires was intentionally (obviously) taken out of the launch version of GT5 and Vettel got to try it. :grumpy: lol

I've always wondered if Kaz & the people at PD follow this site for feedback. It appears they do.

See this extract from the GTP news article: "Kazunori Yamauchi on Track Design, Mobile Apps, Greenwood Roadway, and Bad Piggies"

GTP: Regarding tracks, you may have heard there is a track in Iowa, Greenwood Roadway, which is very similar to Deep Forest. What are your thoughts on that?

KY: “Ahhhh! Yes, it’s really by accident. I was really surprised when I saw your article.

It would be really interesting to read through these 76869 posts. It's pretty much the full evolution of Gran Turismo 5. From PP system to hybriding to different money glitches, seasonals and dlc and everything.

... to the phasing out of grid starts in SP, to the ridiculous "chase the rabbit" drone ai, to the horrible A-spec grinding, totally boring and predictable "seasonals", SRF stuck on in seasonals, the lack of A-spec progression DLC, people cheating in MP... Great stuff.

So you're a 'glass is half full' guy then. :sly:

:lol:

It doesn't matter if its not November yet. It still comes to 6 weeks (and a few days) so it doesn't matter how you say it.

yes.gif

I just want to say on record that this might not be the most perfect forum.... but it is IMHO to be the best forum... in the world! The spectrum is wide and that's why its so enjoyable to come read and post here. Great job to all members and modos!

Looking forward to many more years of virtual racing.

Shhez i cant believe it all started with GT2 for me... cant wait to buy GT7 for my unborn children.

So, after seeing the Standard interiors for myself...I don't understand. It's not really just a black bar...it's essentially what a developer would lay down before adding detail. This is evident in the steering wheel and driver hands and the semi-accurate rear windows...so..why they didn't at at least SOME detail....I have no idea. And that's why they're the worst interiors ever. There have been some awful ones likes like Forza 4's "Backseat interiors" but...taking the effort to do individual interiors for the standards and then not bothering to put at least SOME detail in....is just pathetic.

EDIT: Just did two races with the Caterham...That's the type of interior that should have been in every standard car...and it proves my point of them actually modeling every interior for every car...just most standards don't have detail. Which, considering it's Polyphony Digital, is just upsetting.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back