GT5 Needs more Race Mods

ADR_XCLUTCH
I'm sure many of you are getting quite bored with GT5 now. I think if GT5 got ALOT more Race Mods in an update, it would make GT5 twice as good because then you can recreate some FIA Racing classes like GT2 and GT1. Does anyone know if or when more RMs will come to GT5?

RACE MODES

TC, DTM and JAPAN GT Were going to be added if they had more time. Another 2 years of developement PD said would have been needed. to add what that boss man wanted.
The game has only been out 6 months another 18 to go then till they would have been ready...

RACE MODs

The race mod cars are in the UCD. Race Mod of cars to FIA standards was being dropped. The cars are there in the dealership premade You just have to wait for then to show up there are LOTS of touring and race cars in the UCD. Race modification of normal cars would have been removed you just buy the race version out the garage.

Again if they had the Extra time these Race cars would have been added to premium dealership and Race modes would have been added to Aspec.

All you had to do was actualy read the interview with PD boss man to know this.
This has been covered in the DLC topic you did not need a new one so Dont get up set if the topic becomes locked

I wouldnt be averse to this, but they need to sort out the PP system. Aero is so underrated in terms of how much it contributes to the PP of a car.

I wouldnt be averse to this, but they need to sort out the PP system. Aero is so underrated in terms of how much it contributes to the PP of a car.

You get better racing if you specify HP/Weight restrictions (imo)

I'd love to see more RM cars, especially if there were a number that ended up in more similar classes. I'm not complaining about what we've got now - but like all GT5 fans I want more more more :D

I don't see a lot more of anything coming to GT5. because I don't think any changes will entice a lot more people to buy the game. Pretty sure the majority of people who would have bought it already did. Therefore as a business (Sony/PD) why would you put a lot more man hours and time ($$$) into something that you won't make much more profit on. You'll probably still get Seasonals and maybe some DLC you have to pay for but nothing new for free. THey're already working no GT6 in my estimation.

THey're already working no GT6 in my estimation.

Slightly off-topic, but rumours (and only that!) suggest that a new TT may be in the offing. That would explain KY's comments about the GT5 engine supporting two-wheeler physics.

If that does happen then expect less GT5 support...

I would like to see alot more RM's too, PREMIUM cars to be specific. It's a downright shame you can't RM any of those Vipers...

Last edited:
Slightly off-topic, but rumours (and only that!) suggest that a new TT may be in the offing. That would explain KY's comments about the GT5 engine supporting two-wheeler physics.

If that does happen then expect less GT5 support...

Disagree with you. The thread is RM's for GT5. My point is why do that when you're not going to make any more money off it, to pay the guys who make it? Call it a day and move on.

Promoting itself by saying there's 1036 cars in the game, but there are only 16 cars that have RM version, is considered as an epic fail in my opinion. That's not even 2% of all cars!

And why on earth they make RM ver. for cheap, everyday cars like Suzuki Cappucino, while there are lots of cool sports cars in the game?!

I'm sure many of you are getting quite bored with GT5 now. I think if GT5 got ALOT more Race Mods in an update, it would make GT5 twice as good because then you can recreate some FIA Racing classes like GT2 and GT1. Does anyone know if or when more RMs will come to GT5?

I'm far from getting bored with the game. Albeit I spend most of my time online these days.

However, you point stands. I'd like to see a lot more RM cars. What I'd also like to do is build cars like this;

http://www.peugeot-cosworth.co.uk/

I've watched Andy Burton racing this car on many occasions, it makes the most amazing sound, and he's as fast as some Works cars...

{Cy}

Disagree with you. The thread is RM's for GT5. My point is why do that when you're not going to make any more money off it, to pay the guys who make it? Call it a day and move on.

No... I meant that MY post was slightly off-topic, not yours :D

Adding RMs (or any other content) via paid DLC would make money and would receive thorough attention. I agree with you that non-paid DLC would not return a new profit and would therefore receive less attention.

My reference to TT was included because if the rumours (only rumours!) are true then PD are less likely to give any attention to GT5 for anything other than the most significant updates.

And why on earth they make RM ver. for cheap, everyday cars like Suzuki Cappucino, while there are lots of cool sports cars in the game?!

That's actually part of the reason why I like these RM's, making 'cheap, everyday cars' a bit more competitive and in some cases more interesting to drive than the regular version, the Cappucino is a great example of this.
The 'cool sports cars' are in fact already cool without a RM option.

I'll agree that the number of RM cars is severely limited and yes I would like to see more of them (both the cheap and cheerful variety as well as the high-performance cars) but I'd much more like to see more Premium versions of Standard cars as that would for me really increase the number of cars I'd actually use.
Given that it takes time to model new RM's (admittingly probably far less time than creating a new car from scratch) I'd rather they spend that time creating, say, 10 or 15 new Premium cars than, roughly 20 more RM's but that's just my opinion.

I've only been able to find three cars so far that I can Mod. The Corvette ZR1, the Corvette Z06 and the Camaro SS. The ZR1 and SS have been great to drive and photograph after the Mod. I hated the Corvettes before the Mod, but the ZR1 has become one of my favorites RMed! If there were significantly more RM-able cars I would definitely play the game longer. I will not however, PAY for DLC RMs. I would probably pay for DLC Tracks.

No... I meant that MY post was slightly off-topic, not yours :D

Adding RMs (or any other content) via paid DLC would make money and would receive thorough attention. I agree with you that non-paid DLC would not return a new profit and would therefore receive less attention.My reference to TT was included because if the rumours (only rumours!) are true then PD are less likely to give any attention to GT5 for anything other than the most significant updates.

Unless PD add something really special for the 'free' add on. Say for the sake of the argument the added Porsche. You get free cars in an update, but extra cars are included in paid DLC and in new limited edition games. Basically they could add a taster of the paid updates.

It would be cool if we could Mod cars like the Nissan GTR or Aston DB9 to GT1 Specs, and paint them in our own color.
And have Premium cars from WTCC and Mod them to meet the specs.
And once moded you couldn't fit any more parts, so we could make online leagues easier.

I've only been able to find three cars so far that I can Mod. The Corvette ZR1, the Corvette Z06 and the Camaro SS. The ZR1 and SS have been great to drive and photograph after the Mod. I hated the Corvettes before the Mod, but the ZR1 has become one of my favorites RMed! If there were significantly more RM-able cars I would definitely play the game longer. I will not however, PAY for DLC RMs. I would probably pay for DLC Tracks.

There are 18 (or so) RMs available overall - I'll see if I can find the thread list. Two of them are classic muscle cars - fanTASTIC!

EDIT: That was easy - it's a sticky at the top of the Q&A thread :D [Jump to thread]

It would be cool if we could Mod cars like the Nissan GTR or Aston DB9 to GT1 Specs, and paint them in our own color.
And once moded you couldn't fit any more parts, so we could make online leagues easier.

I don't see why on earth Kaz didn't RM a GTR. I thought that would have been his first car to do.

I don't see why on earth Kaz didn't RM a GTR. I thought that would have been his first car to do.

I think many people would have said it was a waste given that there are a number of GT500-spec GTR race cars.

Personally I'd love it ;)

Would also be cool to have two-tone color paint chips, stripes, etc... Like the Viper with the double stripe. That would've been the simplest thing to add. Which is why I've no further expectations for GT5. I'm hoping they do the job right in GT6 and get it out within 3 years.

I agree with fishhunters. While we will probably get some small DLC, I very much doubt it will be anything major.

Perhaps a gt5.5 of sorts will get released in a couple of years.

More rm cars would be cool, but i'd like to see rm of cars that could actually compete in later races without huge upgrades or feeling awkward while driving. i never felt right driving a 270hp lotus against 510hp touring cars.

Maybe something like the F40 or the LF-A(?) could get these upgrades, as they're already very capable cars that could be even more capable after the huge boost.

More rm cars would be cool, but i'd like to see rm of cars that could actually compete in later races without huge upgrades or feeling awkward while driving. i never felt right driving a 270hp lotus against 510hp touring cars.

Maybe something like the F40 or the LF-A(?) could get these upgrades, as they're already very capable cars that could be even more capable after the huge boost.

After I found I could mod the Corvettes the next thing I went to mod was the LFA. :grumpy:

I don't mind cars like the cappucino being race modded, but the thing that pisses me off is why have 2 corvettes that are so similar both able to be race modded? And for that matter why 2 elises so similar? Why not the DB9 or one of the ferrari's? The case for the GTR not being modded because there's already Gt500's holds no weight because of the nsx being moddable. There's really no rhyme or reason to it.. almost seems like they threw darts at the wall.. really 4 chevys? 👎

I think the GTR Academy Special will be a new RM in the future but that's just a guess. I can only hope I get the special in the us first tho.

I'll start with this: I really enjoy GT5, I have 3 new games which I haven't even opened because I'm still obsessed with GT5 (mostly b/c of online racing).

I think you all are hoping for wayyy too much... lets be serious. We've been disappointed so often from PD. Why do you guys think there is some magical "update" or "DLC" that is coming?

If there are additions to the current game they're still going to be massive disappointments.

GT5 needs to grow. If PD is still living in the days of the PS1 and PS2 then they are deaply mistaken. Every sim that came out such as FORZA, iRacing, even Need for Speed Shift (1/2) get DLC and are updated regularly. PD needs to adapt to the new age that has fallen in the console world. DLC is here and is here to stay for alot of generations to come. PD could make alot of extra money just added 1 or 2 tracks in DLC and charging us 2-3$ for it. They could make alot of money if they focused on their latest games for atleast 2 years. That would greatly improve PD and get extra money to fund GT6 aswell.

Back