GT5 Online EVENT RACE: 24th Oct 2013 - 550 PP Lamborghini Exclusive.

In truth, many Gallardo setups can be used to win Tokyo. Some will involve downforce and weight reduction or stock weight. But I go for a lot of ballast in order to maximize horsepower, torque, rpm and consequently, straightline speed and drafting overhead speed capability. With this setup, you can pass any car on the straight or in a corner.

Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
354 miles, no oil
Window weight reduction
Carbon hood
Ballast @ 199 @ +50 for 1594 kg, 38%/62% weight distribution

ECU
Stage 3 NA tuning
PL 87.1% for 607 hp
Sports Cat
Titanium racing exhaust

Ride height: -8/-8
Spring rate: 12.0/12.0
Damper E: 8/9
Damper C: 6/7
ARB: 5/6
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: -0.10/-0.05
LSD F: 5/9/5
LSD R: 9/15/15
Torque split: 40/60
Transmission:
Set Final to Max
Set speed to Min
1st: 3.131
2nd: 2.423
3rd: 1.931
4th: 1.585
5th: 1.338
6th: 1.165
Final: 3.570 <---shows 183 mph in upper right. You may shorten this for Madrid and Toscana.
Brake balance: 6/4

Driving options:
G27 wheel
AT
SRF on <---This setup was developed with SRF off, but SRF is indicated "on" here for Tokyo.
TC 1 or 2
Active steering off
ABS 1
Sensitivity 7 (not that it matters much)

I found the 4th lineup after a reset very easy to beat, almost catching the lead car by the end of the 4th lap. The cars were strung out in an ideal sequence to pass. Keep the gas pedal mashed as much as possible and stay off the walls and you will win.

Thanks Dotini, Tokyo has been annoying me since it came out and just couldn't get that balance of of speed and cornering myself.

I ran with 1 more on the LSD acceleration which seemed to suit my style more with a beat up old dual shock!

Oh, and my heavy handedness with the loud pedal.

Last edited:
THANKS for this setup, 1st time posting, always read the forums for help on the seasonals and I always gold them all but this one is killing me. By far the best setup I've found but I am still only finishing 4th, 3 seconds of the pace. Is there anyway of increasing the acceleration? as I feel that's where I am losing the most out.

trying this set up, cant get that hp and those addons, have to raise to 91%, so doing something wrong, had to buy a 2nd one of these cuz first one had stage 3 weight reduction

none of my gears can do the numbers you are doing either, they dont go high enough

weird

Last edited:
Is there anyway of increasing the acceleration? as I feel that's where I am losing the most out.

Much of acceleration is determined by the setup (power, weight, gearing, etc.), so if you are following that then what's left are the driving options and techniques. The traction control setting is a way of controlling wheelspin and consequently acceleration. To objectively test the best traction control setting, you can go to the test track and do back-to-back acceleration runs at various distances with different values for TC, and compare the results. Let's say you get the lowest ET with a value of "3"; then you would use 2 (3-1) on the TC when it comes to the race. A problem with TC is that it does cost power. Another, often better, way to control wheelspin is to squeeze on the throttle when coming off the turn rather than suddenly mashing it. All top players must learn to do this.

In the Lambo races, much of the overtaking is done under braking. Brake bias settings are usually customized to suit your controller/wheel/driving style and setup, so you can play with that. It is 100% crucial to know all your braking points down to the gnat's ass, and to reliably repeat your braking to perfection on every lap.

none of my gears can do the numbers you are doing either, they dont go high enough

weird

You have to have EXACTLY the same part/wheels/mods as he has.

EDIT: Finally cracked Tokyo last night with Fruity's tune & some interesting driving...

Last edited:
Tried Tokyo again. Still using the Gallardo with SRF turned on. Ran against the field with 3 Miuras at the front. Total time was 8:49.209 with a best lap of 1:44.873. Again, got lucky drafting on the straightaways which really helped. Passed the lead Miura before the end on lap 4. I'm usually 2-3 seconds slower for total time, so I'll have to look at the replay to figure out what the heck I did right. LOL

Edit: Current best is now 8:48.151 with a best lap of 1:44.602. Plenty of drafting on the best lap.

Last edited:
You have to have EXACTLY the same part/wheels/mods as he has.

EDIT: Finally cracked Tokyo last night with Fruity's tune & some interesting driving...
fruity? would love to see his tune, is that his name? can you show me that tune please

losin my mind in tokyo...cant do it...how may seconds behind are you after you go thru the first corner and it shows you a time? i cant get it under 15.7 and after one lap it is everything i can do to be under 15 at all, wow

Last edited:
fruity? would love to see his tune, is that his name? can you show me that tune please

Its Fruitycakes tune:tup: for the Gallardo.

CargoRatt linked to it in post # 5 above.

Good luck!
GTsail

thanks, think i tried that already but will again

You need to adjust your top speed (via final gear) so that you're just off the limiter on the main straight on a flying lap. I had SRF & active steering on & used the AI as moving armco barriers. Really agressive driving got me to P1 by turn 5 on the last lap. I even used the long armco in the 180 deg right-hander as a guide rail once or twice... :lol:

Finally, Finally, Finally beat Tokyo!!!!! :cheers:
Did it with FRUITYCAKES :bowdown:with no aero and doubled LSD. I never did get the same transmission settings, even with all parts installed.
With Top Speed 137 setting was only way to get the same gear settings that were posted.
With Final Gear set at 3,332 I finally found right speed.
Relearning Tokyo helped.

Last edited:
You need to adjust your top speed (via final gear) so that you're just off the limiter on the main straight on a flying lap. I had SRF & active steering on & used the AI as moving armco barriers. Really agressive driving got me to P1 by turn 5 on the last lap. I even used the long armco in the 180 deg right-hander as a guide rail once or twice... :lol:
I know you don't save the replays but for anyone who does, check out the leader. The AI drives like it's a Sunday afternoon trip to the corner store, even hits the barriers a few times (at least twice in some, three times in others). There we are driving like crazy fools behind it and it's just cruising. You'll have a laugh if you replay through the lead AI's eyes.

insane, all of you :P:tup:

me, you, are crazy for racing or what

i worked on local nascar type racing team when i was a teenager, drove it one time on track with the big boys, scared the living crap out of me but was the funnest 10 minutes of my life

Finally, Finally, Finally beat Tokyo!!!!! :cheers:
Did it with FRUITYCAKES :bowdown:with no aero and doubled LSD. I never did get the same transmission settings, even with all parts installed.
With Top Speed 137 setting was only way to get the same gear settings that were posted.
With Final Gear set at 3,332 I finally found right speed.
Relearning Tokyo helped.

Good stuff! 👍 Quite a good feeling, what?

What total times are winning this? I'm getting P2 regularly but can't manage the win. Total times of 8:53 or 8:54 with lap times as low as 1:44 several times. I'm driving a 640 Murcie that seems perfectly tuned for the course but I can't manage to gold it. Some of the times I've seen here are slower than mine so either there's something fishy (probably) or you're not supposed to drive a 640. Maybe I'll switch back to a Gallardo with a tune or smash my way to the front!

Edit: Never mind. I finally won by 1.2 seconds. Used a Gallardo with the FC tune and managed to get the right set of AIs. What a frickin' relief to get that under my belt. Total time was 8:53.250. By the way, the car wasn't the full FC tune, and I'll put it on share if anyone wants to add me and use it. PN name is the same as here.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV 1st Place Tokyo Praianos tune only aids tc 3 abs 1. No Sport Exhaust.

Last edited:
What total times are winning this? I'm getting P2 regularly but can't manage the win. Total times of 8:53 or 8:54 with lap times as low as 1:44 several times. I'm driving a 640 Murcie that seems perfectly tuned for the course but I can't manage to gold it. Some of the times I've seen here are slower than mine so either there's something fishy (probably) or you're not supposed to drive a 640. Maybe I'll switch back to a Gallardo with a tune or smash my way to the front!

Edit: Never mind. I finally won by 1.2 seconds. Used a Gallardo with the FC tune and managed to get the right set of AIs. What a frickin' relief to get that under my belt. Total time was 8:53.250. By the way, the car wasn't the full FC tune, and I'll put it on share if anyone wants to add me and use it. PN name is the same as here.
Try Praianos tune on the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV for Tokyo. No Sports Exhaust.

Nice one, Waddy! Well done. :cheers: I never realised it when we were online on Saturday... But then again, I'd had too many beers by then... :lol:

Nice one, Waddy! Well done. :cheers: I never realised it when we were online on Saturday... But then again, I'd had too many beers by then... :lol:
I'm putting the replay up on Youtube and I'll post the link or whatever here. Also the lag videos, they are very funny. Thanks! I was in the same state a few hours later. :lol:

Just for fun, I ran the Gallardo like a very large, expensive billiard ball. There are a few key places you can bounce it off the guard rails and get ridiculously good results. Total time was 8:43.753 with a best lap of 1:43.647, and beat the lead Miura by 8.6 seconds. Very "impure" racing, but it was a hoot! :lol:

Just for fun, I ran the Gallardo like a very large, expensive billiard ball. There are a few key places you can bounce it off the guard rails and get ridiculously good results. Total time was 8:43.753 with a best lap of 1:43.647, and beat the lead Miura by 8.6 seconds. Very "impure" racing, but it was a hoot! :lol:
You know, I wondered about that. I hit the wall once and bounced away the heck ahead of the car I was trying to pass. Good find! Shades of the 'phone call trick' from a Honda seasonal from months ago. I got 1:44 a few times and thought I was doing well. :cheers:

Yep, hence my comment above: "I even used the long armco in the 180 deg right-hander as a guide rail once or twice... :lol:
"

You know, I wondered about that. I hit the wall once and bounced away the heck ahead of the car I was trying to pass. Good find! Shades of the 'phone call trick' from a Honda seasonal from months ago. I got 1:44 a few times and thought I was doing well. :cheers:

Thanks. Now for latest ridiculous update, tried it again today and ran 8:40.783 total with a best lap of 1:43.360. Laps 2-5 were all in the 1:43.xxx range. Beat the lead Miura by 10.7 seconds, and he was faster than usual. BTW, passed him right at the end of lap 3.

Here are my "bounce" spots: 1. At 4th turn (right hand sweeper, with wall on right side). Go full speed with wheel turned to the right, and bounce off the far wall. Don't hit the far wall again. 2. 5th turn, right before the little straightaway. Go full speed, with wheel turned all the way left, and hit the right wall at an angle. Kinda hard not to hit the right wall again, but keep the throttle pegged. 3. Series of quick, tight turns, then one slower turn right before the final slow sweeping semi-circle. Instead of slowing down for that turn before the sweeper, go full speed, wheel turned sharp left, and take a glancing shot at the right guard rail.

Drive the rest of the track as normal. Don't touch any other cars, but get as much drafting as possible.

Let me know if you break under 8:40.

Last edited:
Hey all, Won this one when it first came out, with the Gallardo, obviously Tokyo took a "few" goes. Anyway, decided to go back and re-do it, just for "fun". I bought a new Murcielago s/v, and tricked it up a bit, the usual weight reductions and diff(s) tunes etc. To be honest, IMO, this thing is the best of all. It handles like its on rails and with the gear box settings, it flies. Beat Tokyo against the 3 Muiri's no worries. A real sweet drive. Anyone wants to borrow and go for a run Elmer_Fudd_63 cheers, Croozer

This track got me for awhile. I found the other ones pretty easy as I finished 1st on all but the tarmac on my first try. I used the Gallardo and about 150kg of ballast to the rear. That allowed me to use the SRF and power slide through pretty much every turn. I didn't do much tuning to this car, just the basic stuff. No suspension tune at all.

In truth, many Gallardo setups can be used to win Tokyo. Some will involve downforce and weight reduction or stock weight. But I go for a lot of ballast in order to maximize horsepower, torque, rpm and consequently, straightline speed and drafting overhead speed capability. With this setup, you can pass any car on the straight or in a corner.

Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
354 miles, no oil
Window weight reduction
Carbon hood
Ballast @ 199 @ +50 for 1594 kg, 38%/62% weight distribution

ECU
Stage 3 NA tuning
PL 87.1% for 607 hp
Sports Cat
Titanium racing exhaust

Ride height: -8/-8
Spring rate: 12.0/12.0
Damper E: 8/9
Damper C: 6/7
ARB: 5/6
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: -0.10/-0.05
LSD F: 5/9/5
LSD R: 9/15/15
Torque split: 40/60
Transmission:
Set Final to Max
Set speed to Min
1st: 3.131
2nd: 2.423
3rd: 1.931
4th: 1.585
5th: 1.338
6th: 1.165
Final: 3.570 <---shows 183 mph in upper right. You may shorten this for Madrid and Toscana.
Brake balance: 6/4

Driving options:
G27 wheel
AT
SRF on <---This setup was developed with SRF off, but SRF is indicated "on" here for Tokyo.
TC 1 or 2
Active steering off
ABS 1
Sensitivity 7 (not that it matters much)

I found the 4th lineup after a reset very easy to beat, almost catching the lead car by the end of the 4th lap. The cars were strung out in an ideal sequence to pass. Keep the gas pedal mashed as much as possible and stay off the walls and you will win.

:bowdown: Thank you! I won Toscana (Tarmac) 104A/6 laps with my Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 with this setup and PS3 controller.
Only race left is Tokyo Route 246/5 laps :nervous: :mad:

Please can somebody help me?
I can't win Tokyo Route 246, i manage to get silver under 1 sec behind Miura P400 after at least 30 attempts.
I'm using Gallardo LP 560-4 '08

Body/Chassis

Chassis weight reduction: stage 3
Window weight reduction
Carbon bonnet
Rigidity improvment
All aero parts

Engine

Computer: sports ECU
Engine tuning: stage 3

Intake system

Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter

Exhaust

Sports exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter: sports
Titanium racing exhaust

Transmission

Fully customisable transmission

Drivetrain

Clutch: twin-plate
Flyweel: semi-racing
Differential: fully customisable LSD
Drivetrain: torque distributing center differential
Propeller shaft: carbon propeller shaft

Suspension: fully customisable kit

Max Power: 760 BHP
Weight: 1169 kg
Performance Points: 615 (Have to use power limiter 59.8% Max power: 455 BHP)
Tyres: sports soft

If somebody has a good setup for this car on Tokyo Route i would be a very happy man.
I have won the 4 other races, this is the last and maybe the hardest.

Last edited:
Please can somebody help me?
I can't win Tokyo Route 246, i manage to get silver under 1 sec behind Miura P400 after at least 30 attempts.
I'm using Gallardo LP 560-4 '08

Body/Chassis

Chassis weight reduction: stage 3
Window weight reduction
Carbon bonnet
Rigidity improvment
All aero parts

Engine

Computer: sports ECU
Engine tuning: stage 3

Intake system

Sports intake manifold
Racing air filter

Exhaust

Sports exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter: sports
Titanium racing exhaust

Transmission

Fully customisable transmission

Drivetrain

Clutch: twin-plate
Flyweel: semi-racing
Differential: fully customisable LSD
Drivetrain: torque distributing center differential
Propeller shaft: carbon propeller shaft

Suspension: fully customisable kit

Max Power: 760 BHP
Weight: 1169 kg
Performance Points: 615 (Have to use power limiter 59.8% Max power: 455 BHP)
Tyres: sports soft

If somebody has a good setup for this car on Tokyo Route i would be a very happy man.
I have won the 4 other races, this is the last and maybe the hardest.

:gtpflag:I dit it! I won! Wow, now i am very happy, and the prize car Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 is a great prize :gtpflag:

DSC_0251.JPG

Back