GT5 Replays - Here?

Croatia
Croatia
I'm sorry if this thread exists(please delete it if so). I couldn't find one. I saw thread like this in GT6 forum and since I like stuff like this I think it would be good to have a place so everyone can post GT5 replays. I'm also planning to do some when I get better capture options soon. Place for all kind of fun videos or challenges for GT5.

Sorry for being annoying . But I have few questions.. 1st one is if is possible to save replay of endurance race (because of the size) .. Second one is if someone has idea of recording replays without capture card.. Maybe some good tricks with mobile phones Or dvd recorder (but I don't know if it works).. I'm not trying to do some special replays but I have some fun on gt5 again (I feel like 30 year old kid because I haven't played anything for a long time)....
Thanks in advance

I just use my iPhone, but I purchased a tripod for it when filming off the tv screen.. it’s hard though to get the video perfectly square without edges cause getting to close to the TV effects the quality of the video replay. I have however been looking to get a capture card that is complete with all the hardware and cables that works well with a PS3 slim along with capturing in 1040p for GT5 and GT6 that also will work with windows vista... yep I’m old school behind the times I guess...

If only GT5 allowed us to have option of saving replays with a .mpeg file in the first place, it would have been amazing and not that much of a hassle at all. It's so crappy that you still have to watch it via the game if you choose to save it. Well, I guess it's because watching it there will allow you to have different views and track the other racers as well. Still..

I wanted to do GT5 all 127 career races clean and close. Tried to record one of those randomly with phone.. But I don't really understand how can that look good.. For me graphics aren't important but this is unwatchable..
It was kind of nice race anyway. Maybe I'll just do all 127 races 100% clean and than record it when I get capture card.

Btw I really like Trial Mountain.. I don't get why we don't have endurance races like that in the game but we have 4+9 hour of tsukuba *facepalm* also indy doesn't make me happy either..

I found my old dvd recorder today and somehow, the quality isn't bad.. Now I need avg cable for ps3 because you can't record when on hdmi and my old cable is broken.. I still didn't gave up on my all races without crashing a car replays haha... It's a good game really.. I don't know if I'll go for GTS or no :/

Not one of my videos (I'm not in it either), but, I used to race this guy in online Shuffle races. It was great clean fun with the right drivers...

:D

@VBR That's exactly why I opened this thread.. I love watching races like this.. Also my idea was to post also the other vids that are not necessarily your race.. Shuffle races were one of the best things in race games ever (have they ever explained why they didn't continue with something like that since I know they were popular)..

A great replay, & with commentary by Tom Brooks (before he was famous).

👍

That's really nice race... Watching this kind of races just makes me more pissed that they couldn't keep online racing for gt5 or 6 alive..
I would pay them just to bring shuffle races back, no other online content needed.

Wow, lots of videos on this page, very cool!

daan, your video is quite hilarious at the end! :lol: Watch out for that barrier!

Nostradavor: Yeah, I agree with you about 9 hours of Tsukuba. 4 Hours in a Miata? I can deal... but then NINE hours at the very same track. :facepalm:

Sorry for being annoying . But I have few questions.. 1st one is if is possible to save replay of endurance race (because of the size) ..

Yes enduros are possible to record, but you have to do the entire race in one shot. If you suspend the race (while going into the pit stops) and then exit the game, the replay will not be available for saving or watching. :(

If only GT5 allowed us to have option of saving replays with a .mpeg file in the first place, .

It's not GT5 or Polyphony Digital, it's Sony. They don't like people getting high-resolution videos from the PS3 because they thought this would allow people to pirate Blu-ray movies. Something like that.

Last edited:
I'm using Elgato HD60S.

I hope it's not too much to ask, but I notice you've got some high-resolution videos there. I know it's possible to make these, but info in the 'net is all over the place. I already have a Hauppauge for instance, and can get a medium-quality video. In fact, here is a quick example of something I captured...

That's okay, but I want better. Can you describe what you had to do to get better quality? Just so me (and others here) don't waste time with advice that is nothing but wasted time? I know some additional devices are needed, but which ones actually are worth getting?

Wow, lots of videos on this page, very cool!

daan, your video is quite hilarious at the end! :lol: Watch out for that barrier!

Nostradavor: Yeah, I agree with you about 9 hours of Tsukuba. 4 Hours in a Miata? I can deal... but then NINE hours at the very same track. :facepalm:

Yes enduros are possible to record, but you have to do the entire race in one shot. If you suspend the race (while going into the pit stops) and then exit the game, the replay will not be available for saving or watching. :(

It's not GT5 or Polyphony Digital, it's Sony. They don't like people getting high-resolution videos from the PS3 because they thought this would allow people to pirate Blu-ray movies. Something like that.
Well, they should grant an option only for those who play GT5 since they're the ones who own the console and the game. And why are they thinking of piracy in the first place? I wouldn't bother doing that if I can choose what to do lol.

Ha, you know what the worst bit was, not being able to use reverse with the pedals, im using a wheel and pedals and playseat rig, but i couldnt figure out how to use reverse with the pedals even in manual gears, so i had to use triangle button, bummer when steering...hehe

Back