GT5 Review scores (Update :Average metacritic score)

• Thread starter DoctorFouad
  • 1,417 comments
Technically wut does it change ? You can create them yourself đź‘Ť I personnaly think it's better like that, because I couldn't be bothered doing the entire 24 hours race to get 100% of the game.... And I'm sure if I did one with my 40 go PS3, it would burn after overheating :grumpy: .

But I thought Kaz confirmed that you could save and continue later during endurance events now, no?

endurance races confirmed :

300 km grand valley level 25
4 hours endurance with level 27
500 miles indianapolis level 28
1000 km suzuka level 30
4 h endurance nurburgring level32
9 h tsukuba level 33
24 heures du mans level 35
and 24 nurburgring race level 40

1000 km suzuka level 30 level 32
9 h tsukuba level 33

Beat me to it, đź‘Ť

1000 km suzuka level 30
9 h tsukuba level 33

Well this is good news, but where abouts are they? As someone who got to level 40 said they weren't in Extreme section

I'll offer a small review I've made myself:

GT5 offers a view on how the perfect race game should look. Unfortunately they haven't managed to offer this perfection consistently so the game isn't really "polished".
One way to look at this is to focus on all the parts where they haven't managed to reach the high standard/polish the features (standard cars, weather & dark/light everywhere, a slider for physical & cosmetic damage, a real track editor, ...).
Or you can of course look at all the features that do actually work. And then you see how GT5 is miles and miles ahead of everyone else.

I don't have a ps3 because there hasn't really been a race game for it. After playing it for a few minutes... I will buy one now.

What kind of stupid review is that... 10/10, perfect... :yuck:

Quite right, so here's my analysis:

Those that give it 10/10 are full on PS3/GT5 fanboys that are trollbait

Those that give it 0/10 are full on Forza/Xbox fanboys that are trollbait

Those that give it inbetween the regions of 6 to 9.5 / 10 have good reasons... usually, and if not they are trollbait.

In other words, unless you justify your review with good reasons, (menus don't count) you are trollbait

Trollers gunna Troll

Haters gunna Hate

Fanboys gunna... Love...

[/Trollic analysis and some poor spelling near the end too]

P.S. I don't mind if this comment is removed and I accept that it may not be part of the AUP, but I just wanted to say my views on the reviewing situation at the moment

it's ALL in the title of the "reviewer" LOL... what do you expect from magazine call " Playstation bla bla... Magazine"

Wait for the insidesimracingnews.tv for a more indepth and neutral review.

I'm sure Famitsu will give it a 9.5/10... they always favorize japanese games, their reviews are mostly a patriotic political statement (just see their 10 games of all time, nearly all are japanese made... of course)

The other thing I would recommend is outsourcing some of the car modelling to other companies, so if there are any imperfections they can touch it up themselves. This will allow them to push a lot more premium quality cars and also more tracks, with similar investment but a lot less time and similar quality.

Another criticism I've made of PD is that their attempt to include so many cars. I'd rather have a good racing game, than an encyclopedic car selection (I know some disagree). I was repeatedly assured by GTplanet GT enthusiasts that this would not detract attention from the core aspects of the game, but as it turns out, I suspect I was right. 200 - 300 cars would have been more than sufficient IMO & would have left more time to focus on other aspects of the game, like juicing up the AI & adding a couple more tracks. In other words: quality over quantity.

I also believe, from a business point of view, adding additional cars via paid DLC would have made sense for PD. I respect KY's integrity in trying to put out a "big" game, but I feel that it's possibly not the best strategy.

Another criticism I've made of PD is that their attempt to include so many cars. I'd rather have a good racing game, than an encyclopedic car selection (I know some disagree). I was repeatedly assured by GTplanet GT enthusiasts that this would not detract attention from the core aspects of the game, but as it turns out, I suspect I was right. 200 - 300 cars would have been more than sufficient IMO & would have left more time to focus on other aspects of the game, like juicing up the AI & adding a couple more tracks. In other words: quality over quantity.

I also believe, from a business point of view, adding additional cars via paid DLC would have made sense for PD. I respect KY's integrity in trying to put out a "big" game, but I feel that it's possibly not the best strategy.

Great post, no game needs 1000 cars. Seriously, 200 is more then enough, why put 1000 in? 99 percent of people wil end up driving the same 20-30 cars once they get their collection. It was a waste of resources. 200 cars with damage and great detail would have been fine.

Seems to be PD bite off more then they could choose. it happens, lets hope they learn for Gt6.

No 10/10 does not mean perfect, it means it's a genre setting, genre changing game, an instant classic that other racers will be judge by, you can give a game 10/10 without perfection. Nothing is perfect, doesnt mean you can't give out a max score.

1000 km suzuka level 30
9 h tsukuba level 33

Thank you!!!! It's like music to my eyes.:cool:

Any info if you can save your progress for later in them now?

I think the 800 standard cars didn't take that long to implement. They already had the models, they just needed it to make the models work in GT5. This I don't think is the problem, as it allows a lot more cars with similar amount of work as say 5-10 premium cars. The problem is if they keep the modelling in-house for premium cars, it will take at least 10 years to get all cars to a premium level.

DLC I think kills car game sequels, as the cars they include in DLC will most likely be 90% of the new cars for the sequel. The only way it will work is if GT5 is an expanding game and there is no GT6 for PS3.

No 10/10 does not mean perfect, it means it's a genre setting, genre changing game, an instant classic that other racers will be judge by, you can give a game 10/10 without perfection. Nothing is perfect, doesnt mean you can't give out a max score.

I agree with your view of what is a 10/10 game.

I don't agree with the 10/10 reviews for GT5 at all though and I believe that they will be rare and extreme. The standard/premium issue is enough for the game to not be a 10 for me.

I agree with your view of what is a 10/10 game.

I don't agree with the 10/10 reviews for GT5 at all though and I believe that they will be rare and extreme. The standard/premium issue is enough for the game to not be a 10 for me.

I wasnt speaking about Gt5 specifically, just saying 10/10 does not mean perfect. Gt5 is NOT a 10/10, its great imo, but too many strange decisions by PD.

I'm disappointed about the lack of leaderboards--you would think that PD would at least recognize that the vast majority of players would love to compare their best times against friends and other players all across the world and in their region. At least the AI and physics have been greatly improved.

I would say a 10/10 is deserved. Call me whatever you want, but when it comes right down to it, what makes it a simulator (the physics) most if not ALL current reviews agree that GT5 NAILS it. Yes it still has the game grind feel to it, but that IS Gran Turismo! The graphics are nice and all, but the physics and AI (which despite what IGN says, the AI is PHENOMENAL) make this game deserves any 10 out of 10's that they get.

Too much Forza love in here. I have all three, I have 1000/1000 on FM2 and 49 of 50 acheivements in FM3 so I know these games. While they're great driving games, they have very little when it comes to on-track nuances. Where are the bumps in the road? Where is the shifting suspension? Why is the Nordschleife so wide? Sure, FM3 has the better cars, but if you can't feel the road and the car's suspension physics like you can in GT5 then there is certainly room for both in my library.

I'm disappointed about the lack of leaderboards--you would think that PD would at least recognize that the vast majority of players would love to compare their best times against friends and other players all across the world and in their region. At least the AI and physics have been greatly improved.

No leaderboards :ill:

Latest Posts

Back