GT5 "Signature Edition" exclusive competition to win a Mercedes SLS AMG

• Thread starter Gaviao_pt
  • 122 comments
Indeed, one SLS per country would be too good to be true. And when something's too good to be true, it generally isn't true... :sly:

The winning car IS an SLS! I don't think the GT5 event would be the greatest challenge. I just hope the lucky winner has all his finances straight.

Also, I asked this earlier in another thread, but does anybody think there will be regional restrictions for the code?

The winning car IS an SLS! I don't think the GT5 event would be the greatest challenge. I just hope the lucky winner has all his finances straight.

Also, I asked this earlier in another thread, but does anybody think there will be regional restrictions for the code?

If you're in the US and you import the SE, you can't participate.

ehhh tax for winnings 50% , insurance and additional costs like 7-15% value of car. And when you sell it you must still pay 22% of selling tax

WELCOME TO POLAND ;)

I wonder what Kaz would said to the winner if he asked ?

Here's a deal, i'll buy it for 1$ :)

No Tax from winning :D

I'm getting one too. Not that I have a chance, Meagainstyou will be unbeatable in Portugal.

He is good, not unbeatable. I would definitely try hard if I had a chance. Or in other words if I were you. 👍

Funny thing is Mercedes probably gave them the car and they charge more for the SE anyway. It does me me upset that nothing they do is available in the US. Like they think we're not worth it or something.

There's alot more to it than that. I doubt MB just gave them the car. They have a partnership with PD, and the car is probably a part of the deal between the two. It's not that PD and MB are screwing over North America for this contest, why would they do that? There's probably rules and regulations behind contests like this, or fees, laws, etc that make it tougher for them to make both the SE and the contest available to NA. Heck we are the first in the world to get the game. What's that about screwing us over?

Whaaat? Nurburgring? ... .

Uhhhh... I really should try to make it to the final stage...

I am very familiar with the Nürburgring in real-life... :-)

No one racing the track the first time will have a chance.

I'm familiar with the 'Ring, but not with the SLS....I fear I am not going to have a chance in this comp either...

Very true. It's still on though! :)

Hello guys :)

Does anyone know what period this competition will be at.
Is it at the end of this year or beginning of next, any clue?

I want to get the SE so I have access to all cars plus all the great extras but I'm a bit concerned. With other games that feature exclusive DLC's with collectors editions, these DLC's almost always appear on the PSN or within the 'Game of the Year' edition.

I would be really annoyed if I spent £149.99 and found that later, people could down load the cars in a £3.99 pack. If I'm to shell out that sort of money, I want to feel the individualism of driving those cars online (especially the SE only ones).

Has this not crossed anyone else's mind?

This is the edition that I would like to order... but with no further details revealed, I will not make any move...

It could possibly be on the GP circuit, not the Nordschleife.

I just hope whoever wins it deserves it.

Its an amazing prize and it would be a shame to see it go to somebody who doesn't deserve it.

Also KY said that everybody will have an equal chance in the competition, so my guess is a photomode competition or something.

It wouldn't make sense to have a GT5 based competition rely on PHOTOMODE skills to decide who gets a $180k car.

Whoever wins that car has got to be the luckiest man in the world lol

GT5 JUST ISN'T AS GOOD WITH A CONTROLLER.
PROUD G25 OWNER :)

Last edited:

Uhh.. I don't think they will be racing there, way too dangerous for rookies.

BBC News: '5 dead and 8 injured in Sony promotion stunt' :eek:

Not a good idea!

Latest Posts

Back