GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
Submission for Sierra Time Rally 1View attachment 635596

Just found this - sorry for the delay in fixing you up as beating whySOSerious at the Sierra Time Rally 1; will do so as soon as I have enough time to work on the OP again.

@Vic Reign93 - I have had to remove the out-of-this-world times you set for us on the Moon - working on the OP throughout this week to tidy it - and it will be replaced soon.
I did leave a rattle-snake nest in the OP for StirlingMoose to care for - must have been quite a punishment! He did a great job trying to control that monster and must be quite glad I returned to take the reins once more. :lol:
So do bear with my tardiness for awhile as I try to bring everything up to date.

I finally took my PS3 and acc from the dust-pile under which they had been buried and spent long hours setting it up again - went right away to the Thunder Trophy with an El Camino and was soundly thrashed on my first go - only took second with a dismal time. But, strangely enough, with the lead rabbit just milliseconds ahead of me - obviously taunting me.
Dropped some weight and clipped 10 seconds off my time and was in the lead, then he came from behind suddenly with Kelly driving the Cobra in tow and spun me out at the finish line to set me back third. :irked:
The war is on again. These rabbits are going to get it with both barrels after I've spent some time at the wheel again.

Welcome back @photonrider !!!

Cheers

Very princely of you, my dear Baron :embarrassed: Thank you for the warm welcome back. Yes, I missed GTPlanet, too, and the wonderful community in here that is so helpful to one another in this spirit of healthy competition and very social race-play. I'm constantly amazed at how well the players get along in the various Seasonal Threads that nowcontrol puts up; the encouragement that is offered to each other, and all the tips, tricks and tunes that are shared generously - it's what makes GTPlanet home to the wealth of hard-core video-gamers that use social media - in fact, it is how I. myself, plunged into GTPlanet myself many years ago - looking for help to improve my game. Glad to be back (though maybe in fits and starts for now) and so glad to see many familiar faces still around. :cheers:

Now there is something for me to use my Tesla, I have not used this car since the last time we did this event in 2015 :), thanks @photonrider .

Lightning Shield
View attachment 675225

Err . . . Mr. Hall . . . entering the race, yourself, that is in your honour? :nervous:
Have the physics changed? The original time you set for us is way quicker than your present dawdle. :)

Cheers, all! Enjoy the game!
H.

Leaderboards for the current events have been updated as of this post.

Err . . . Mr. Hall . . . entering the race, yourself, that is in your honour? :nervous:
Have the physics changed? The original time you set for us is way quicker than your present dawdle. :)

Cheers, all! Enjoy the game!
H.
I can not get close to that time that I set in 2015 because I think we were on different tyres, but I will give it a shot to see how close I can get to the 4:07.106, but somewhere in the the mid to high 4:15s on Comfort tyres is about right depending where the field is on the track.

Last edited:
Storm Cup...

Rally.jpg

Still getting nowhere in the Camino though. What I thought was a decent run was still just under seven and a half minutes.

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

I dared my very first look into this thread ... and I find this to be some nice competition, compliments to the founders.
I've read the first page, rules and everything, and although everything is described clearly ( ok semi-clearly sometimes :lol: ) I have one question atm :
The rule says "tunes / aids as allowed in the event". Does that mean you guys and gals use SRF here ?

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen,

I dared my very first look into this thread ... and I find this to be some nice competition, compliments to the founders.
I've read the first page, rules and everything, and although everything is described clearly ( ok semi-clearly sometimes :lol: ) I have one question atm :
The rule says "tunes / aids as allowed in the event". Does that mean you guys and gals use SRF here ?

Hi RJ, nice of you to pop in. See what fun you've been missing. There's nothing in the rules forbidding srf so it's up to the individual. I generally avoid it except for some of the comedy events where anything goes.

Hi RJ, nice of you to pop in. See what fun you've been missing. There's nothing in the rules forbidding srf so it's up to the individual. I generally avoid it except for some of the comedy events where anything goes.

So we stay serious racers ( mostly ), great 👍 !
I assume this also applies to contact with opponents, walls, fences etc. ...

You remember the GT4 snow wallriders ?

:lol::lol::lol:

Not until right now! :lol: I honestly forgot about that!

That was sad, wasn't it? There will always be people who use exploits and loopholes, but thankfully here within this thread, and other threads I'm associated with, the people conduct themselves honourably. I'd stick up for the people here without hesitation. 👍👍

Cheers

Not until right now! :lol: I honestly forgot about that!

That was sad, wasn't it? There will always be people who use exploits and loopholes, but thankfully here within this thread, and other threads I'm associated with, the people conduct themselves honourably. I'd stick up for the people here without hesitation. 👍👍

Cheers

:) RESPECT 👍

Well, here comes my entries for this round, well knowing this might be the first and the last time.
Like someone mentioned on the very first page, it's a lot of work ... and time ... and that's what I'm short of usually.
I'm a few days off atm so it was ok to spend about 90 minutes for each race. I again have got reminded of GT4 and it's Driving Missions which were big fun at the time - and so were these :) !

LIGHTNING SHIELD

I really love that track. It's a pity the AI does not race at all :lol: ... this Event is a Sunday afternoon car demo
titled "E-mobility. Save the Alps." That's what came to my mind at least :D !

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

STORM CUP

I've never cursed that much when racing in Quick Match. Struggled hard to find that fast and clean line through the field which is unpredictable imo. ... And have you ever watched Szabo in his blue Lancer :bowdown: :lol: ?

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

:cheers:

Edited for accuracy

Btw I also noticed the big differences to previous runtimes. Could a larger head start be the reason ?

Last edited:
Hey hey @ROCKET JOE the Thunder Trophy race at Willow Springs is supposed to be with the El Camino from Chevy, not some unknown, never heard of car from Ford... ;)

Cheers

Ok, back again.

THUNDER TROPHY

Told my kids to go to bed and let me tame a monster. So this was the El Camino, some unknown, never heard of car from Chevrolet in Europe :lol: ... which is a good thing : Our cities are just not big, our roads not wide enough for that baby.
It was blood, sweat and tears when driving it ( "Ride a painted pony let the spinning wheel spin" ) :scared: :eek: :nervous: !
Congratulations to all of you who don't burn rubber 👍.

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

Cheers !

LIGHTNING SHIELD, a bit better time because the AI was in the right place at the right time :).
Hey @ROCKET JOE you mention in your post about GT4 driving missions, I enjoyed them at that time too :cheers:.

To time overtaking was the big thing with these missions. You had to be fast enough to meet the AI at a certain place ... I practiced hours and hours at that time. Long time gone.

To time overtaking was the big thing with these missions. You had to be fast enough to meet the AI at a certain place ... I practiced hours and hours at that time. Long time gone.
I just reset the field a few times to get them in the right place out on the track.

OMG I'm so sorry ... missed on that ... and will delete these parts. Thx Baron Blitz Red 👍 ...

No need to be sorry bud... I'd just figured it was better to mention it instead of having you killing your spare time for naught. Trust you me, I've made mistakes before, and I'd rather have someone say so, instead of being silent. :)

Cheers

2 citations, 2 pictures, 1 simple question and some greetings ...

Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States, used to say :
YES WE CAN :) !

IMG_0130.JPG

500 PP, no driving aids except ABS 1, clean run, no contact.

Well, Ladies and Gentlemen ...
Which is the car of F. Osterhagen :D ?

IMG_0140.JPG

Walter Röhrl, the irl driver of this Audi, used to say :
IF DEAD FLIES COVER YOUR WINDSHIELD, YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING WRONG :lol: !

PS
My dear @lfm58,
I'm back.
Sincerely yours,
Rubber Duck.

Last edited:
Guten Morgen @ROCKET JOE,

thanks for citations and greetings.

Here is my new Audi Gr. B score I did before family wake up:

Storm Cup

Tuned/500PP/PAD/AT/ABS1/FL 1:40.393

TOSCCC A4S1RC86 R500DT 543340 20171001_085337.jpg

All the best,
Luciano

PS: in Italy people say "don't wake up the dog is sleeping..." (literal translation) :D:cheers:

Guten Morgen @ROCKET JOE,

thanks for citations and greetings.

Here is my new Audi Gr. B score I did before family wake up:

Storm Cup

Tuned/500PP/PAD/AT/ABS1/FL 1:40.393

View attachment 676520

All the best,
Luciano

PS: in Italy people say "don't wake up the dog is sleeping..." (literal translation) :D:cheers:

My oh my, @lfm58 ...

Someone should design a 'Whiteflag'-emoji for surrender, similar to the 'gtplanet'-emoji.
You're 1.5 sec faster per lap, I can't keep up anymore :( !
Congratulation 👍,

Joe

PS
I won't 'like' your post above ... 'cos I don't like it :lol::lol::lol: !

My oh my, @lfm58 ...

Someone should design a 'Whiteflag'-emoji for surrender, similar to the 'gtplanet'-emoji.
You're 1.5 sec faster per lap, I can't keep up anymore :( !
Congratulation 👍,

Joe

PS
I won't 'like' your post above ... 'cos I don't like it :lol::lol::lol: !

What a pity you decided to give up this friendly challenge.
A suggestion trying to get you back: @SW__10 550pp Eiger TT setup, std gear with 200km/h max, 500pp detuned as you like...

What a pity you decided to give up this friendly challenge.
A suggestion trying to get you back: @SW__10 550pp Eiger TT setup, std gear with 200km/h max, 500pp detuned as you like...

I actually thought about finding another setup, but a low 1.40 lap is great driving skill and I'm afraid I won't improve my skill on a sunny Sunday morning alone :). Mille Grazie for the SW__10 hint, I've already switched on my PS3 ...

Edited after setup tests

Can not improve with the other setup, so again you see me waving the whiteflag.
The only way to match your times is switching on SRF :lol:, but stop ... no.
Incredible that you could do three more or less equally fast laps at about 1.40.7 👍.
I take a bow, Mr. Close-to-alien :eek: !

Last edited:
OK @ROCKET JOE and thanks for really proud competition.

Anyway, nothing close-to-alien but just partitioned throttle control, weight transition, soft/double braking, use of better grip on grass,...
I was a rally driver noob until the recent Eiger Nordwand K TT in which I put effort to get faster on dirty.
At the end it was a effective experience for my driving skill not only on gravel.

ciao

Last edited:
Back