GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
I wound up adding ballast to the Citroen to make it way less twitchy... it certainly had the speed to win, just catching draft from the AI sometimes was a challenge in of itself. When I was trying to decide which car to pick, it was between that and the DeltaWing, and the GT seemed less evil at the time. Scary huh? :nervous:

I'll hold on to mine for a week till the changeover... new events create new ideas!

Cheers

The new seasonals are out so challenges are invited from the ticket holders. I'm going to be away for a few days from tomorrow so won't be able to update the OP but post any ideas here and I'll do it when I get back.
In the meantime there is the Ring Taxi challenge to keep you occupied. Here's a vid from my phone to inspire you all and make you think "I could do better than that".

I tried the ring taxi, this event is addictive! I have the replay saved but I haven't figured out an easy way to be able to post it yet - any tips?

image.jpeg

New beginner level event is up, Go Tommy, designed by fordlaser. This is an interesting one.

Objective: Fastest Winning Time

Vehicle: Tommykaira ZZII '00
Venue: A-spec Beginners' Level Non-Racecar Event : Roma
Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event

We still need intermediate and expert events.
Ticket holders.
Intermediate - @DisabledRacer, @RMan72
Expert - @Baron Blitz Red , @GTsail290 , @nowayback

@pretend racer Strictly speaking you're not eligible for the Ring Taxi as it was for for licensed hunters only (holders of three or more trophies). This is because it relies on trust as there's no way of proving that all the rules were obeyed. But as it's just for fun, there is no trophy or ticket, I'll open it up to anyone who wants to try it. Video evidence is not necessary but it would be nice to see. I don't have a capture device so I just film the TV from my phone, upload it to youtube and link to it here.

New intermediate event is up "Back to the Wild West" designed by RMan72.

Objective: Largest gap to P10 (Win not required)
Vehicle: DMC DeLorean S2
Venue: A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racecar Event : Big Willow

Back to Wild West:

image.jpeg

GO TOMMY!

I ran this event a couple times with a base setup, and I ran 5:09 and then a 5:08. I'll have to invest some more time tweaking my setup to be able to knock off a few seconds to get close to the rest of you.

image.jpeg

So I ended up switching back to Back to the Wild West again because I like that track/car combo better. I ended up doing much better than before even though I only improved my overall time by a few seconds. I guess it pays to keep playing till you get the "right" AI for the job.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Quiet round here, isn't it? I guess folks are starting to drift away now GT6 is on its last legs.

Just two trophy winners this round

Back to the Wild West
pretend racer - 1:07.364
RMan72 - 53.313
StirlingMoose - 36.000

Go Tommy
RMan72 - 5:05.999
StirlingMoose - 5:06.746
pretend racer - 5:08.373
fordlaser777 - 5:14.869

Ticket Holders:

Beginner - @DisabledRacer @RMan72
Intermediate - @DisabledRacer @pretend racer
Expert - @Baron Blitz Red , @GTsail290 , @nowayback

I was putting off getting a PS4 till the release of GTS but now it's been delayed till next year I might bite the bullet and try out some of the competition. I'll keep the thread going though if any of the ticket holders come up with challenges.
Go Tommy was an interesting one. I don't know if anyone else had the idea of making it a three lap race by dashing to the front then holding them up and aiming for 5:00. I got very close a couple of times.

New intermediate event is up, courtesy of pretend racer. It's fun.

Tailgater BBQ Pit Boss

Objective:
Supper will be ready at the end of the race, but as the BBQ master you'll have to check on it every lap to make sure it won't burn. So every lap you must go through the pits and finish in the pit lane. Largest MOV wins.

Vehicle: Any eligible
Venue: A-spec Intermediate Level Non-Racecar Event : Apricot Hill

@Baron Blitz Red - Welcome back. I see you've got an expert ticket. Still plenty of time to come up with something for Spa.

I think I got lucky with the Tailgater BBQ Pit Boss. I think the P2 car went into the gravel at the hairpin on the last lap. I've not been able to better it since.

@Baron Blitz Red

I think I got lucky with the Tailgater BBQ Pit Boss. I think the P2 car went into the gravel at the hairpin on the last lap. I've not been able to better it since.

I think the same thing might have happened on the race I won, that was the best I had ever done. But then I noticed the event allowed tunes/assists as allowed in the event. Well I tried it with SRF on, and I did quite a lot better, it was kinda surprising. When I get the vid uploaded I'll post it.

For the Expert A-Spec Seasonal...

GET SHORTY!!!

Stand above the crowd and get noticed... make the AI say "WTF is that?!?" as their childhood nightmares come to life! It's time for the Monsters to go hunting!!!

B4iShUz.jpg

Take your Monster Sport SX4 and hunt down those 700pp rabbits... Look down, way down at the AI trembling with fear as you pass them by. And with 1,100 bhp, it's easy to do! Largest MOV takes the trophy home people!

0iMRHZt.jpg

Cheers

Back