GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
Expert race challenge is up, thanks to lasrjock for the idea. I've put it in the post above (2061) to keep them all together and will add it to the OP soon.

Misfit Toys

I tried all the Group B beauties with power upgrades, top speed set to 186mph and everything else left stock. Not much in it as you can see. The Lancia seems to be the fastest and the Pug is the most entertaining. I was surprised that the Audi was the slowest, despite having the advantage of six gears.

quttro.jpg

pug.jpg

rs200.jpg

delta.jpg

Santa's Helper

So I took my monster out to deliver toys and got it done a little quicker.

IMG_4040_small.jpg

I also took some out from the official list. I don't think that Santa liked the carrying capacity of this one.

IMG_4050_small.jpg

Misfit Toy's

I tried a couple other vehicles and determined that the RSC really is quite fast.

IMG_4084_small.jpg

IMG_4085_small.jpg

Holiday Specials Results

Lapland

RMan72 - 6:00.171 (DeLorean S2)
lasrjock - 6:00.177 (Dino)

Santa's Helper
lasrjock - 17.340 (Pikes Peak Quattro)
RMan72 - 12.123 (Legacy Touring Wagon)
Draggon - 5.618 (MX-Crossport)
StirlingMoose - 3.179 (RS6 Avant)

Misfit Toys

RMan72 - 7:16. 714 (RSC Rally Raid Car)
lasrjock - 7:17.248 (RSC Rally Raid Car)
StirlingMoose - 7:24.186 (RSC Rally Raid Car)

Well done chaps. I'm following in @photonrider's footsteps by coming last in all the events. I really enjoyed driving all the rally cars at the ring. Great event idea. Once again I completely failed to grasp the concept of the lapper challenge. The only time I came close was when I span out and accidentally went down the pit lane. Got pretty close to the six minutes but only lapped 10 cars.

I'm going to have a go at the new races now. Happy to accept ideas for a new set of challenges.

Edited for blunders

Last edited:
@StirlingMoose

Thanks for doing this,

Yes, @RMan72 beat me by 0.006 seconds (< 1 ft) just before the end. Thank you so very much! :ouch: :banghead: :cheers:

There are a couple errors in the lists though. The first is that RMan72 should be first in Misfit Toys since he beat me by ~0.5 seconds (do you sense a theme here?). The second error is that the objective for Santa's Helper was margin of victory not fastest time. I don't think that it changes the list order but it does change the reported results.

As a challenge, I've been running my Mobil 1 NSX '01 in the Apricot Hill 20 minute race series. I've been having some good battles against the AI field after lowering the PPvalue of my Mobil 1 NSX down to 525PP. On about the third try I just barely lost the race:( when the leading McLaren F1 GTR crossed the Finish line just ahead of me, while I crossed the Finish line just after the 20 minute mark was reached so the McLaren was able to run the final lap with no pressure from anyone:

33411258992_3eb431fe68_k.jpg

Pushing my Mobil 1 NSX, I can run 15 laps and just eek out a win over the McLaren

33411983992_5681307c60_k.jpg

Or with some minor blocking, I was able to win after running only 14 laps::nervous:

33185218700_ceab910eaa_k.jpg

Currently, here are the basic spec's for my Mobil 1 NSX:

32724679054_9da5ad03ea_k.jpg

I think that I might be able to win against a similar field with the PPvalue lowered another tick to 524PP, so I'm going to give this a try. The McLaren F1 is the class of this field, but both the Viper GTS-R and the Ford GT LM Spec II stay close all race long so I've been finding it quite entertaining.

Good fun!:)
:cheers:

I went back and ran three more times against the same lineup as above after lowering the PPvalue of my Mobil 1 NSX down to 524PP and blew away the field by 17 seconds:

33586114105_f820a6ed3d_k.jpg

I can't really fully explain the margin.:odd::confused: In the above race, with about two laps to go, I passed the race leading McLaren F1, and he got stuck behind some back-markers, and then just seemed to let me drive off into the distance.:)
Anyway, I then lowered my NSX's PPvalue down to 523PP and was able to win by 0.070 seconds:nervous:

33195182250_11e0b5188c_k.jpg

I then re-ran the race with my NSX's PPvalue lowered down to 522PP and was still able to win:nervous:

33545998306_7a25149030_k.jpg

With the lowered horsepower, my NSX uses slightly less fuel so I'm able to save a second or two during the pit-stop so I'm finding it still possible to win the race!:) I've taken away some of my NSX's down-force so I can hang on to the draft of the other cars.

I'm going to lower the PPvalue some more and give this a few more tries!

Bloody ridiculous!!!

I think the McLaren F1 GTR has gotten tired of being beaten by my Mobil 1 NSX and just decided to nearly park it during the second half of the race.

I lowered the PPvalue of my NSX down to 520PP and re-ran the race and ended up with a margin of 18.4 seconds!!

33563253376_fb8b8d4bcb_k.jpg

In the above race, I pitted at the end of lap # 8, and because of a quicker pit-stop I was able to exit the pits just in front of the McLaren F1 who had also pitted, and was then able to just drive away from him a few seconds a lap during the rest of the race. I took a look at the replay after the race, and the McLaren F1 just started to run slower and slower laps at the end. His last six laps were as follows:

Lap#10 1:21.849
Lap#11 1:22.694
Lap#12 1:24.521
Lap#13 1:25.148
Lap#14 1:24.243
Lap#15 1:26.095

There was no particular reason for these slow laps since he was only infrequently held up by any of the back-markers. I can't explain it.:odd:

I've now put 686 miles on my Mobil 1 NSX just from this Apricot race!:dopey:

33474997771_09e774ec39_k.jpg

I've also maxed out my credits so I've decided to take pity on this particular McLaren F1 so I'm going to exit the race and look for another McLaren.

33474516621_a0c7f87b5f_k.jpg

GTsail:cheers:

20170324_213003.jpg

515pp, only ABS 1, fuel ran out before the finish line. Had 13sec gap to P2

EDIT: 500pp, abs1, did not ran out of fuel
Ruiz was too quick
20170324_215606.jpg

EDIT2: 510pp, abs1 ONLY, fuel ok. really good run, less traffic troubles and very good tyre management: RS - RS - RS (now i need to do that on 500pp XD)
20170324_222116.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for double post
20170325_115917.jpg

Roasted the AI with 500pp. No McLaren and Citroen now I have to say, which made it quite easy. 3x RS, only ABS 1.
Done with this. Good fun, as you said :)

SETUP: Pretty basic, I counter oversteer in the harpin with throttle use.
20170325_120401.jpg

20170325_120412.jpg

20170325_120422.jpg
20170325_120430.jpg

Lowered the PPvalue on my Mobil 1 NSX down to 515PP and scrolled until I found a lineup with both McLaren's in the field and ended up with quite a nice race.:) Just managed to win with a 0.087 second margin::nervous:

33579592821_8d88b5e979_k.jpg

Current tune:

33716794885_1cf9b23fd3_k.jpg

Good fun!

Lowered the PPvalue on my Mobil 1 NSX down to 515PP and scrolled until I found a lineup with both McLaren's in the field and ended up with quite a nice race.:) Just managed to win with a 0.087 second margin::nervous:

Good fun!

Try less weight, you gain all your time in the corners and you dont get enough speed in the straights to compensate the extra ballast.

Try less weight***

Yeah, I see that you are running with less weight than me, so I was considering running with less ballast and less HP, but hadn't yet decided if I wanted to give this a try. I've been trying to give the AI a reasonable chance, so I've been trying to de-tune my car to make it more closely resemble the AI car's performance (but still give me an edge since we give them a 15-16 second head-start off the line).

Obviously you Hunters have been a little too well-fed in the past year.
Feeding yourselves on helpless rabbits while giving yourselves big pats on the back.
I am beginning to get the notion that you guys need some real real challenges to sink your teeth into before we give up on the PS3 and hit PS4, a bank-breaking wheel, and GTSport - where GTHunters show the goo-polloi what real driving FUN is all about .....

@StirlingMoose - love you, buddy. Great job keeping things rolling while I was away. Hope to be back soon (within the month) to take the reins again. Still getting off my job on the road and setting up a new project soon that will get me off the road and more on the virtual track.

Nice to hear from you @photonrider. I did my best to keep things going in your absence and we had some fun, but it's tailed off in the last few months. Lots people moving on to new pastures I suppose. You were a hard act to follow. Hopefully you'll be able to inspire some new interest when you return.

Nice to hear from you @photonrider. I did my best to keep things going in your absence and we had some fun, but it's tailed off in the last few months. Lots people moving on to new pastures I suppose. You were a hard act to follow. Hopefully you'll be able to inspire some new interest when you return.

You did a great job handling this effort while I was a roadie, chum - much appreciated.

I did dust off my PS3 a few weeks ago, but only to 'play' GT5; I wanted to virtually road-test a Dodge Charger and the only way I could get close was with a tuned-down SRT8. Great car. Still looking, though.

Meanwhile - GT6 seems to be winding down - there is some gaming left in the game and I'm sure many players are not able to afford the PS4 and the peripherals that go with it, so we're sure to see some action heat up this summer before GTSport grabs everybody.

Still not set up right, but hoping to take over from you soon and stir up some fun.

Thanks again for a job well done!

Ladies and Gentlemen - to the pits!
Prepare your cars and be ready to start your engines. :)

The following events will be scheduled presently:

The WHOOSIERGIRL STORM CUP

The MTM79 THUNDER TROPHY

The FORDLASER LIGHTNING SHIELD

WhoosiermonsterAwardjpg_zps3oxyfaxt.jpg

MTMmuscleAwardjpg_zpss55ntfvl.jpg

HallGilbertAwardjpg_zpstxevfuei.jpg

Details will be posted in the OP shortly.

Cheers. :cheers:
H.

Last edited:

Current Events - Now On!
New Events have been posted in OP.

Seasonal Beginner Level
Online A-Spec Challenge

FORDLASER LIGHTNING SHIELD

Whoosier Rule Applies.
Objective: Quickest Finish
Vehicle: Model S Signature Performance
Venue: Current Beginner Level Seasonal at Eiger Nordwand
Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event

Seasonal Intermediate Level
Online A-Spec Challenge

MTM79 THUNDER TROPHY

Whoosier Rule Applies.
Vehicle: El Camino SS 396 '67
Venue: Current Intermediate Level Seasonals at Big Willow
Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event.

Seasonal Expert Level
Online A-Spec Challenge

WHOOSIERGIRL STORM CUP

Whoosier Rule Applies.
Vehicle: quattro S1 Rally car '86
Venue: Current Expert Level Seasonal at Toscana
Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event.

Whoosier Rule explained in short: You may enter all three events but you can only take away one title - runners-up get the other titles. See post #2 for more details.

Please submit screen captures of finishing time in this thread as eligible entries for titles.
Thanks, in advance, to all those participating. :cheers:
H.

@photonrider You've picked a good time for your comeback. Three varied and interesting races, and no racing tyres in sight. I don't mind doing this lot again at all. I tried the Camino but I'm obviously not used to cars with way more power than grip these days, so I spent a lot of time smoking the tyres and driving in the dirt. I did manage a win but the time was too embarrassing to post. It's fun though so I'll be having another go.
I would have loved to have seen a tuk-tuk challenge but I suppose the Tesla will have to do.

Lightning Shield

Lighting.jpg

Back