GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
Hey @lfm58 ,
Congrats again for your fast run, I've given up on that, but I thought about some practicing on rally.
Would you do me a big favor and send me the replay of your run, or in case you didn't save it, do another race at that speed and send me this. Would be great to see you drive the car and try to reproduce it.
You would just have to copy the replay folder to a USB drive to use it as an email-attachment - I'd pm you my email-adress if this was ok.
I've done that once before and it basically works if the replay numbers are correct - anybody's help here is much appreciated if there's experience.
To have your complete setup would be cool too but not really necessary I think.

:)👍

What you say ? And btw no need to be afraid :D, I'd not use that weapon against you - I won't make new entries to this AI Hub competition :lol: !

@ROCKET JOE

I was saving my best race replays until few weeks ago but no more since lastly I'm just storing the score view as most of you.
Anyway, I will run again saving the replay but after the TT closure because I would like to use the remainder short time to go faster at Laguna Seca and hopefully be back in top 50 (just matter of few ms...).
About moving the replay copy to USB I never done but if I will face blocking issues we could solve them via PM...

ciao

@ROCKET JOE

I was saving my best race replays until few weeks ago but no more since lastly I'm just storing the score view as most of you.
Anyway, I will run again saving the replay but after the TT closure because I would like to use the remainder short time to go faster at Laguna Seca and hopefully be back in top 50 (just matter of few ms...).
About moving the replay copy to USB I never done but if I will face blocking issues we could solve them via PM...

ciao

Great :) !

Storm Cup

@ROCKET JOE here is a new record and, as agreed, the replay is available for you.

TOSCCC A4S1RC86 R500DT 542258 20171004_112646.jpg

Tuned/PAD/AT/ABS1/FL 1:39.560

For this race time I lapped 2nd & 3rd lap under 1:40.
In another race I lapped even 1:39.002.

Ciao

PS: please check your Inbox

Seasonal Beginner Level
Online A-Spec Challenge
FORDLASER LIGHTNING SHIELD
Whoosier Rule Applies.
Objective: Quickest Finish
Vehicle: Model S Signature Performance
Venue: Current Beginner Level Seasonal at Eiger Nordwand
Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event

Leaderboard:

fordlaser: 4:13.779
ROCKET JOE: 4:14.262
Baron Blitz Red: 4:15.415
StirlingMoose: 4:17.027

Seasonal Intermediate Level
Online A-Spec Challenge
MTM79 THUNDER TROPHY
Whoosier Rule Applies.
Vehicle: El Camino SS 396 '67
Venue: Current Intermediate Level Seasonals at Big Willow
Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event.

Leaderboard:

lfm58: 6:58.676
RMan72: 7:04.181
Baron Blitz Red: 7:04.219
ROCKET JOE: 7:06.012

Seasonal Expert Level
Online A-Spec Challenge
WHOOSIERGIRL STORM CUP
Whoosier Rule Applies.
Vehicle: quattro S1 Rally car '86
Venue: Current Expert Level Seasonal at Toscana
Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event.

Leaderboard:

lfm58: 5:42.258
ROCKET JOE: 5:48.544
Baron Blitz Red: 5:55.401
StirlingMoose: 5:55.917

Imagine . . . for a moment . . . hovering in a helicopter a few hundred feet above Silverstone with a DS4 clutched in your hands.
On the track below you is a real race car - but no ordinary race car; this car is driven by four robots that operate the steering, transmission, brakes, and throttle. Six computers mounted in the rear of the car update the controls at up to 100 times a second taking commands from you as you handle the DS4 up in your chopper, remote-controlling the race car below you via a Racelogic VBOX Motorsport sensor while you receive speed data from an LCD display in the helo's cockpit.
And now you take the car for a spin - turning in a fast lap of 1:17.47, and hitting a top speed of 211kph. You average 122 kph.
All with your DS4 as you chase down this specially modified Nissan GT-R/C through Silverstone in your chopper.

Fantasy? Science-fiction? Fake news?

No. This is the real thing - precisely what GT Academy winner Jann Mardenborough did to celebrate the release of Gran Turismo Sport, and 20 years of Nissan involvement with the GT franchise.

Mardenborough says of the experience: "Driving a full-size, remote-control GT-R to 131mph at Silverstone whilst chasing it down in an helicopter was an unforgettable experience." He went on to say that, "The GT-R/C has brought my two worlds together - the virtual of gaming and the reality of motorsport - in a way I never thought possible."

This is at the core of Artificial Intelligence - things we never think are possible - and yet every year brings us some new aspect of this phenomenon in our lives.
In an era where infotainment is constantly attempting to use real people as the product (Facebook, Twitter, online gaming, etc) there is also the drive to create a means of socially interacting with Artificial Intelligence in providing a stable and reliable entertainment environment that is 'on-call' at any given time, and is assured to provide the kinds of interaction that will make the dependence on people (as a product) utterly unreliable (if not actually - in the not-too-distant future - redundant.)
Artificial Intelligence is here to stay.
One might say, "It's not possible!", yet in time to come the races will be run by robots (whether autonomous or humanly controlled) with the circus audience real people quite safely ensconced while viewing the shenanigans of these mechanical creatures.

Those of you who participated in here, and took part in many of our experiments throughout the last three years will understand this better, for you have surely experienced the varying behaviour of the GT6 AI - quirky, dastardly, irritating, surprising, hilarious and quite often displaying the kinds of annoying traits that make one want to fling a few helmets in the right direction.

It has been a two-way process; the more attention we pay these virtual playmates of ours, the more they want to play, as they keep coming up with new solutions in holding our attention, and the more their characters show through - from what country they come from, what cars they drive, and what racing tactics they show.
We've raced Besson, Osterhagen, David, Papp . . . and all of them have come alive in their own peculiar ways to entertain us. And - as AI often do - they very quickly pick up on our own peculiar racing styles, and come up with suitable interactions to keep us clutching our controllers and never letting go.

I was too busy myself IRL to participate fully in this last round of Seasonals, and only had the chance to race for a short while - just two races at Willow in the Camino trying to get close to the legendary MTM79's final time benchmarked for the Thunder Trophy.
Yet, just these two races brought home to me how intuitive the GT6 AI drivers are and how bafflingly they can do what makes us play and play all day:

The first race in a bare-bones Camino ( after months of being away from a virtual track) had me chasing Romero all the way to the finish line, but losing by less than a second:

IMG_1665_zpsingtthbb.jpg

Now one would think - Aha! Just a wee bit quicker and I could win this race. So I threw off some weight and went back into the race.

Here (in the pic below) I am at the final lap of the second race - a whole 10 seconds quicker, with Smith, from Brazil (in the other Camino,) in my sights as he (or she) is just completing their 4th lap.
Strangely enough Romero, the American driving the GT40, and Kelly in the Cobra, have picked up the kind of speed that is keeping them hot on my tail. Like WTF? How fast am I supposed to go to lose these buggers?
But the checkers are now within grabbing distance. Never mind my final timing, I'm pushing the Camino to the best of my ability and I was going to win. Or so I thought . . . in these seconds before the finish.

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_zpscong6q1t.jpg

But . . . with the finish just seconds away Romero seems to run out of room - I've given him a wide berth but he needs more:

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_1_zpswanf4mxi.jpg

In the next split second he whacks my rear quarter so hard I'm almost lifted off the track:

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_2_zps6vtsop0p.jpg

This doesn't help me at all:

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_3_zps57wq1paf.jpg

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_4_zpsluosgc93.jpg

I'm frantically trying to carry my momentum forward (while going backwards) yelling in rage as I try to cross the finish before Romero. The 🤬 paparazzi is of course there to witness and spread my humiliation:

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_5_zpsgwjmnsqi.jpg

No dice. While I'm wailing and gnashing teeth, Kelly sweeps by too, leaving me in 3rd:

Willow%20Springs%20International%20Raceway%20-%20Big%20Willow_6_zpsfrx36msg.jpg

So there we are - a stunning example of how versatile this AI is in providing us (whatever our prowess at racing/driving) the kind of racing that thrills us. Compare with the race Romero gave lfm58.

IMG_1666_zpsfjnaftcp.jpg

Obviously, they were taunting me now, egging me on to play more - but my time was up and I had to return to the real world still trembling with excitement.

Romero . . . I'll see you in the pits later, buddy. :irked:

:lol:

Thank you all for participating in this round - and yes, do keep those photos coming - pictures of AI shenanigans have always been welcome at the HUB. I will attempt to post new events for the present round of Seasonals soon. Till then - Enjoy your cars!

:cheers:
Harry.

Last edited:
Well, Ladies and Gentlemen ...
Which is the car of F. Osterhagen :D ?

View attachment 676424

The one on the left?

@StirlingMoose - thanks for the advice. I'll pass this on to the AI - if they actually listen to me; they all seem to speaking some language not of this earth. What they need is races with the kind of MOV that sends their ones and zeroes into overdrive.
Sometimes I wonder whether they actually feel any numerical pain, which programs them to get even more digitally vicious. :boggled:

I see that lfm58 actually has been hit by the Whoosier Rule and now has to choose between the two titles he swiped . . ..

I see that lfm58 actually has been hit by the Whoosier Rule and now has to choose between the two titles he swiped . . ..

Well, if I understood well I have to choice between my 2 results.
I would choice the WHOOSIERGIRL STORM CUP since it has been more challenging against @ROCKET JOE.:cheers:

ciao

How did you know :) ? It's the focus, right ?

I'm sorry, Joe, that information is classified. Can't upset the rabbit CIA.

:dopey:

Well, if I understood well I have to choice between my 2 results.
I would choice the WHOOSIERGIRL STORM CUP since it has been more challenging against @ROCKET JOE.:cheers:

ciao

Thank you, lfm58, for the prompt response. Yes, you understood perfectly - you had to choose between the two titles you won and I would agree your choice of the Whoosiergirl Storm Cup is a good decision - may it be a memory that you never forget.
This means RMan72 takes the MTM79 Thunder Trophy.

@lfm58 - I'm also handing you the privilege of coming up with a new challenge based on any one of the current Seasonal races; you may submit a screen-captured leader board of yours from one of the current events and challenge the rest of us to meet your criteria. You have the freedom of specifying a certain car. Please let me know if you accept this - and if you do, you have at least 7 days to come up with the challenge. Thanks once again for participating.

The new titles will be added to the list in the OP today.
I have to add that although I could not participate fully I did very much enjoy the battles that took place for the titles - and was amazed as usual at how close the races were. If we were doing this IRL all of you would be sweeping past that finish line within seconds of each other. Great driving!

👍👍
H.

Edit:

The Winners' List has now been updated to reflect the last round's title winners.

Last edited:
@photonrider here is my challenge choice:

MTM79 THUNDER TROPHY

Spoon S2000 Race Car '00 - Tuned/500pp/RH

Super handling car as stock but also tuned can give very nice driving feeling.
The following score has been performed in 5x races by PAD/AT/ABS1.
FL 1.23.317

MADRCC SPOON00 R500RH 730803 20171023_094839.jpg

Hi! @lfm58 - Thank you for the challenge. Tried it out a few times but just under 8:00 right now - great choice of car, and going against Bello, Osterhagen and Tiainen is no joke - these guys are quick, so makes for a good race. I will attempt to post the challenge up officially tonight, however I'm preparing challenges for the Beginner and Expert too, to be posted at the same time, so hopefully no delay.

Watched several replays of the Daily Races in GTSport, and aghast at the carnage happening even when B Class racers are racing; crashing and banging and going off track at every given moment - TG for ghosting! If I was to rate the AI for Sportsmanship and all-round racing prowess then they would get an A from me. This is not to say I prefer racing against lines of code versus real people - for instance I've had some really sportsmanlike races at McD's 'Beater/Sleeper' races online - but I can say this for sure - if one wants a clean race, then the AI never let us down, even if they behave like absolute turtles quite often.
The trick to it all I guess is finding that right combination of car/race-track that puts our mettle to the test in the most thrilling way possible against a pack of artificial racers that will race us in the most efficient (and sportsmanlike) way possible.
Let's hope that the next round will make this happen.

CURRENT EVENTS - NOW ON! :

Seasonal Beginner Level
Online A-Spec Challenge

VOLCANIC DAREDEVIL

Whoosier Rule Applies.

Objective: Smallest MOV
Vehicle: Mira TR-XX Avanzato R '97
Venue: Current Beginner Level Seasonal at Fuji Speedway F
Tires/Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event

Leaderboard

photonrider: 0:00.090

Seasonal Intermediate Level
Online A-Spec Challenge

JAPANESE CONQUISTADOR

Whoosier Rule Applies.

Vehicle: Spoon Race Car '00
Venue: Current Intermediate Level Seasonals at Circuito de Madrid
Tires/Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event.

Leaderboard

lfm58: 7:30.803
photonrider: 7:54.803

Seasonal Expert Level
Online A-Spec Challenge

CIZETA MARAUDER

Whoosier Rule Applies.

Objective: Highest Position - if tied then quicker finish.
Vehicle: Any eligible Cizeta V16T
Venue: Current Expert Level Seasonal at Ascari Full Track
Tires/Tunes/Assists: As allowed in the event.

Leaderboard:

photonrider: P7

Volcanic Daredevil:
IMG_1727_zpsyoktdbda.jpg

Cizeta Marauder:
IMG_1728_zpsgxwxdane.jpg

Japanese Conquistador:
IMG_1721_zps8fjpkeb5.jpg

I'll give Madrid and Ascari a shot after work today. I do like the Spoon quite a lot. And I like Ascari a lot, too. Fuji is pretty far down on my list though.

Quite understandable.
Doing Fuji in low-powered cars takes a lot of patience, unless one is a really hard-core driver - in which case it becomes sort of a fast Sunday run through traffic in one's favourite small-horses car, and a way to enjoy driving one production car or another (which in GT6's case makes sense since we have such a wide variety of production cars at our disposal that need to be used.) The fun is tapped if one can stay with the pack - not by choice, but because the car one is driving can only do so much - and when one is forced to stay with the pack, then that is where the real racing begins (as opposed to taking off in the first lap and then time-trialling the next few laps till the checkers.)
With that in mind, the Volcanic Daredevil challenge forces the player to stay with the pack till the final shootout at the end, which becomes quite fun - I did the race 4 times myself trying to get a low MOV and it was hilarious as well as quite thrilling when it came to the last drag.
I might actually do it again if someone beats my time.
My greatest challenge is the Expert challenge in the the Cizeta, though - one of my all-time favourite cars (next to the Stratos and the Yellowbird) and that's going to keep me busy for weeks - whatever the time, just winning the race in a Cizeta would make me happy enough - and satisfy both racer and gamer in me.
Let alone 'driver'. :lol:

I hope you come up with some good times, Cory (I have seen that you race pretty well) and give the other players in here a run for the money. 👍
In the end, playful and spirited competition is what it's all about when it comes to making our blood run. :cheers:

Japanese Conquistador:

New Spoon record at Madrid.
PAD/AT/ABS1/FL 1:22.189 (not in the same race with below race time)

MADRCC SPOON00 R500RH 724997 20171026_172501.jpg

Last edited:

@lfm58 , @lasrjock, @RMan72 - apologies for the faux pas on the last update of the leader board times; there were multiple pages open and the impression was that the post had been confirmed, but it hadn't - merely saved. The leader board in the OP has been definitely updated now, confirmed and double-checked. Thanks for your patience.

He can be beat!

Cizeta Marauder:

IMG_4221_small.jpg

Of course, it helps when the Zonda doesn't start in first.

IMG_4224_small.jpg

With my time, I think that I could have won even if the Zonda did grab the pole position. My fastest lap was 2:16.266.

He can be beat!

Of course, it helps when the Zonda doesn't start in first.

With my time, I think that I could have won even if the Zonda did grab the pole position. My fastest lap was 2:16.266.

Calvo is usually very, very fast - but he didn't advance too many spots, while you swept through the whole field. But - consideration: is his tardiness due to having someone in front of him? Would he take off like a rabbit and set a much faster time (depending on the speed you are inputting yourself?) if he was on pole? Only tests would tell. Could turn out to be a heck of a race. 👍

Thanks for the heads-up on the leader board errors - much appreciated!
H.

Last edited:
CIZETA MARAUDER

Lovely car, keeps you on the edge of your seat for 5 laps :crazy:

Absolutely. 👍👍
I love this car so much I have a bunch of them; stock/tuned/various colours. Quite often overlooked, but a surefire way to generate excitement even in the dullest race. When it synchs in with you is when that awesome feeling of power and confidence just envelops you - and you can't let go.
I never fail to take pleasure in driving it. Great job bringing it in with such a great showing - you have tamed the beast, and she'll never let you down now - the love becomes mutual.

@RMan72 ,
And here I thought my sub 12 minute time would last. 🤬 :bowdown: Looks like I am going to have try harder. By the way, in what position did the Zonda start?

Back