GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
To the rest of my friends here at the Hub, please read my response to @ERAZER. My heart is the same with you all. I will continue to monitor the Hub and contribute when YHWH leads me. I will return in His time. Until them I pray peace and joy to you all and that your level of fun only increase as the m..r..ns at PD decide they are going to continue the spirit of Gran Turismo or if it has just become a money thing. I do know from a friend that know a Gamestop conglomerate of stores that not only regular people are writing to PD but also sponsors as well. For every 5 Forza 7 sales only 2 are GT Sport. It's the fighting and blood and guts games that are keeping the PS4 afloat not sales of GT Sport. So there is hope that PD will finally feel the pressure and either make GT Sport into GT7 or actually produce a GT7. YHWH bless you all. I'll be in the pits. Shalom. Barnabas.
Lets hope so that PD listens to there fans and make GTS into a GT7 game, there is a update sometime in March and for me its a make or brake for GTS.
At the moment I just play GT6 until GTS have something good to make me come back.

………XsnipX…….There is only one BIG issue with the game, and that it tracks. Its littered with garbage fantasy tracks that really doesnt speak to me. the lack of tracks like Spa, Silverstone, Mugello, Sarthe, Catalunya, hockenheim, redbull ring, etc is absolutely unacceptable.

I've been dabbling in both GT3 and GT4 because of the lack of tracks - especially with my focus on the AI of those games and the cars they drive, their habits, etc. - and I was wondering when I look at the various signs about how licensing arrangements might have changed, and of course the fact that they may have to create these tracks all over again - New York, for instance.
I love the street tracks and also the tracks we had in Hawaii and they probably need a whole new makeover before they are put back in the game. I sorely miss some of the great fantasy tracks we had from before; like El Capitan, for instance. Those tracks hold a lot of good memories for us.
The designers should know well enough to harness the memories of players who have been in the game from the beginning and use that hook to draw them back into the game and hold them there. Expanding the fringe players and new players to the game is only ignoring the huge solid base of players who are already immersed in the game as a unique, personal experience they have long lived with.

Meanwhile the best we can do for now?
Explore GT6 to the hilt.
There is so much in the game we can use to challenge ourselves and each other if we delve deeply enough into the game we have for now.
There is a ton of tracks, a plethora of events, and the oddest events to engineer with a little creativity that will help us get the most out of driving our cars. As many cars as possible.
And exploring and beating up every track in the game every which way and loose.
And having fun beating up on each, too, while getting more and more experience at this game till - if there is a GT7 on the same line of DNA as GT6 - we will be ready for it.
Playing GT5 almost seamlessly took me into GT6 (you gotta admit the jump from GT4 to GT5 was a mutant (or 'quantum' as PD referred to it)leap) and I'm hoping that GT7 will expand on that, taking me seamlessly from GT6 to a possible GT7 with a brand new set of AI to experience.
And hundreds of tracks, a thousand cars and more, and scores of missions hidden all over the game to find, unravel and beat for years . . . till we start whining for . . . GT8.

Very cool, @ERAZER .

Good choices.

Very good choices - both these players contribute consistently - and they really spank us along with their performances. Extremely generous of ERAZER! 👍👍

All the tracks from GT6 should have been in GTS, which would make everybody happy. The challenges like in GT6 AI HUB could be moved to a GTS thread once online GT6 sever closes.

I don't have GTS.
I'm clueless (and very curious) about the Artificial Intelligence in there and the A-Spec type races/missions in there. If I did - and there was suitable robotic activity - then I would have created a GTS AI HUB.
Is there a 'David' who hides and only comes out for a certain trigger?
What is the trigger? :dopey:

I've read that there is some sort of single-player game in GTS - so I can't see why setting up single player challenges against other players isn't possible.
The AI HUB is not a franchise (not yet - at least not until Jordan says so :lol: ) so I think, yes, if someone is capable enough to organize single-player challenges in a particular thread (especially if it was one of the former licensed GTHunters from this thread, with experience, who has now moved on to GTS) that would be a wonderful thing; another bit of activity to bring players together into the GTPlanet GTS Community.

For me this site, GTPlanet - as a whole - is a gaming site; a spot where hardcore gamers, playing at least one game, have found a spot to meet and interact with other people around the world who are also sharing a love for that particular game and want to share in enjoying it together.
Like, really? Who wants to play alone? May as well play smartphone solitaire.

From that perspective the non-gaming part of the site is just gravy.
If GTS can be used for off-line single player challenges that involve people pitting themselves against each other - go for it! This site was built for it - as the GT6 AI HUB ( and the phenomenal amount of Seasonal Event Threads which @nowcontrol posted that brought players together for years) has demonstrated.

Well, I see that ERAZER showed us once again that he is truly a Master of this game.
As for the RMan Effect - yup, that is a real effect - once again the Man affecting times all over the boards, dominating the scene - and plucking a title away from me, too, as has happened so many times before by some alien or another. I am flattered, however, to be in P2. It wasn't an easy event to win in a Veyron. Some competency was required merely to win, never mind the time.
bjl23 was all over everybody like white on rice - one never knows when he's going to come along and swipe a title - and kept things exciting.
I'm terribly sorry to hear about Racing510s disabilities, but sometimes a little rest is needed, or we are going to suffer more than Carpel Tunnel. In fact, I recommend players ease off in the first week after the fresh set of Seasonals come in - drive more to explore and for pleasure than for full-bore sweatshop work - that should come later.
There is so much to investigate in these new events first before we tear off to the finish line like rabbits ourselves, so many cars in which to explore the events, so many idiosyncrasies of the AI in the game to discover.

Players please note that extended discussions into off-topic conversations e.g. religion, politics, food, liquor, etc should be best enjoyed in the particular subjects' relevant threads.
A reminder to those who won Design-An-Event tickets:
@RMan72 wins the following tickets - ONLINE: Beginner Level Racing Seasonal. OFFLINE: Any Event National-A Licence, Any Event International-A Licence, Any Event S Licence.
@ERAZER wins the following ticket - ONLINE: Expert Level Racing Seasonal.
@bjl23 wins the following ticket - ONLINE: Intermediate Level Racing Seasonal.
bjl23 willl also arrange the drag races ( Route X Club) as a separate class of events with their own regulations, a new vehicle class for every round of events.

@bjl23 and @lfm58 will be contacted via PM about the
receipt of their Prizes.

If a player receives a ticket from a winning player via the nowayback Clause, please contact @photonrider through a PM to set up your challenge before official publication in the OP. Questions about rules may be directly asked (and will be addressed, if necessary) in the
thread.

Looking forward to some great action soon, and more, some really great driving fun. Let's tease those rabbits and see how they run!

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I wasn't able to send the lap times.

I'll just need to know which challenges are for this week and I will try my best to submit my lap times... 👍

Sorry guys, I wasn't able to send the lap times.

I'll just need to know which challenges are for this week and I will try my best to submit my lap times... 👍
There are no challenges just yet, they should be up on the weekend, they normally go for month, but @photonrider put new events up with 1 or 2 weeks left.

Edit: @Harsk100 I can send you a PM when the new events are up if you like

Congratulations to @bjl23 on getting your 'Yellow Stripe'. You may hereby proceed with all haste to this thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-daily-babe-thread.87667/page-431

Thank you and enjoy responsibly.

Here is the nowayback Prize Car Pack (soon to be flown out over the pond to sunny Italy according to sources.)
Congratulations to @lfm58 on your persistence in sticking close to the podium.

IMG_2151_zps93w4jcmp.jpg

Players please note: as of this post there are 2 New Events Officially begun. More to come tonight. For those unfamiliar - Holders of Vic Reign Rights are those players who are known as Licenced GTHunters; players who have 3 or more titles to their credit. Players who have less than 3 or none at all are eligible to enter the 'ROADSTER SCOUT' Event.

Online Challenge
Seasonal Intermediate Level
Whoosier Rule On. Event designed by bjl23.

EURO TIME-WARP TYRANT

Venue: Current Intermediate Level Seasonal at Eiger Nordwand Short Track (R)
Objective: Slowest winning time with MOV of 00:05.000 seconds, or more, over P2
Vehicle: Monaro CV8 '04
Regulations: As per PD's rules.

LEADERBOARD

bjl23: 06:29.254 - MOV: 00:07.426

Bonus Online Event
Seasonal Beginner Level
Whoosier Rule Off. Vic Reign Rights Holders not eligible

ROADSTER SCOUT

Venue: Current Beginner Seasonal Level at Twin Ring Motegi East Course
Objective: Fastest Finishing Time. Player must win.
Vehicle: Any eligible Mazda Roadster
Regulations: as per PD's rules

LEADERBOARD
Roadsterbegin_zps2ptyupfb.jpg

Above graphic is an example only; this player's time is ineligible (Holder of Vic Reign Rights.)

TBA

Last edited:
Well that's good news, for me. :sly:

I'm glued to the new Quick Match at Deep Forest in the NSX. Wonderful car at a great track with nearly full rooms every time. Hard to resist! After a few hours of that, I'm too tired to do any of these events. :crazy::lol:

Well that's good news, for me. :sly:

I'm glued to the new Quick Match at Deep Forest in the NSX. Wonderful car at a great track with nearly full rooms every time. Hard to resist! After a few hours of that, I'm too tired to do any of these events. :crazy::lol:

Don't worry, plenty of time left to do challenges - might as well use the online fun to max before it evaporates. The Offlline challenges are more relaxing, anyway, and can be done anytime.
There's many other good drivers too out there that are still without a title, always having it plucked away by an alien - so these are good chances to sneak in a few titles without being bothered by aliens - let them duke it out by themselves in other events.
There are also events that only Vic Reign Rights Holders are allowed to participate in - weird experiments, special settings, bone-stock races, special missions with honor rules, etc. We held them before - and we'll be holding them again.

Meanwhile . . . off to the races!:

SUPERCAR KILLER:

Suprakiller_zpshuwjvuym.jpg

NASCAR TOP GUN

daytona_zpslxsrqham.jpg

Multiple Events Running Now!

GT6 IN-GAME MISSIONS & CHALLENGES:

Daytona%20International%20Speedway_zpsc4klo9ww.jpg

NASCAR TOP GUN
Whoosier Rule Off

Venue: GT6 My Home/International A/GT NASCAR CUP/Race 1 - Daytona
Objective: Fastest Winning Time
Vehicle: Any eligible car
Regulations: As per the games rules.

LEADERBOARD

photonrider: 4:23.243 2013 Carl Edwards #99 FUSION

Circuit%20de%20la%20Sarthe%202013_zpstkjwmxjj.jpg

SUPERCAR KILLER
Whoosier Rule Off

Venue: GT6 My Home/International B/Supercar Festival/Race 3 - Sarthe
Vehicle: Supra RZ '97
Regulations: as per the game's rules

LEADERBOARD

photonrider: 13:01.031

Nurburgring%20Nordschleife_zpsolgckwgh.jpg

CAR MAN GEARMAN
Whoosier Rule Off
Vic Reign Rights Holders Not Eligible

Venue: GT6 My Home/National A/Schwarzwald League/Race 3 - the Ring.
Vehicle: Karmann Ghia Coupe
Regulations: As per the games regulations

LEADERBOARD:

KarmannRing_zpswloff5xj.jpg

TBA

secafeb18_zps0qqnduzl.jpg

GT MEGASTAR
Whoosier Rule Off
Vic Reign Rights Holders Not Eligible

Venue: GT6 My Home/International A/GT World Championship/ Race 2 - Laguna Seca
Vehicle: Bentley Speed 8
Regulations: As per the games' rules

LEADERBOARD

secaS8_zpsqpbgrfuw.jpg

Above graphic is an example only. This player is ineligible to enter.
Awaiting first leaderboard entry

Last edited:
Players please note: 2 New Events added to the list to bring the total to 9 events now currently running.

GT DRAFTMASTER - Olds Toronado
Whoosier Rule Off. Winner gets to pick next car for GT DRAFTMASTER at SSR7.

Venue: GT6 My Home/International A/Like the Wind/Race 2 - SSR7
Vehicle: 1966 Oldsmobile Toronado
Regulations: As per the games rules.

LEADERBOARD

photonrider: 4:26.408

BONUS Online Challenge
Seasonal Intermediate Level
Whoosier Rule On. Event designed by lfm58

80's AFICIONADO

Venue: Current Intermediate Level Seasonal at Eiger Nordwand Short Track (R)
Objective: Fastest Winning Time. Player must win
Vehicle: Any eligible model from 1980 - 1989
Regulations: As per PD's rules.

LEADERBOARD

luckyeiger_zpszgovfmab.jpg

lfm58: 06:48.146 - RS200 '84

toronado_zpstczxtylm.jpg

Last edited:
NASCAR TOP GUN

IMAG0154.jpg

GT DRAFTMASTER
The TV nearly got a controller smashed into it. Took me 5 or 6 goes at this one to get in front,
(kept coming 2nd or 3rd) every time I got in front they kept on clipping the rear of my car and spinning me out right at the end.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

IMAG0155.jpg

80's AFICIONADO
I'm enjoying this event, so many cars to test, the YELLOW BIRD is the best one I've found so far.
Good choice
@lfm58 👍

IMAG0158.jpg

No comments?
I have to stop joining Carl in trying to climb the fence and switch to Gordon's team. Carl's car is so wonderfully easy to drive though - I enjoy an evening of pack racing, over and over, driving his car.

GT DRAFTMASTER
The TV nearly got a controller smashed into it. Took me 5 or 6 goes at this one to get in front,
(kept coming 2nd or 3rd) every time I got in front they kept on clipping the rear of my car and spinning me out right at the end.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

View attachment 714984

Well done! :lol:
That's the kind of racing I love - when it becomes a challenge and then an obsession to beat it. You got Besson in your lineup - a faster draft but a deadly opponent at the finish. I pulled Wexler on pole for my field so had an easier time - just two runs to win for a quick entry.
I love the way the Toronado handled - what an awesome car! Must find the time to get a few more runs in and must look for that pesky Frenchman (who races a bit like a French driver, no? :sly: ) and just cream him.
The winner of this event gets to pick the next car from the field of cars that the AI is using - and we'll keep doing that until we have run out of cars from all the fields possible - going to be some interesting cars and some interesting leader boards.
This is not only a short and relaxing race (with some mental skills applied to when and how to draft, etc.) it's also an effortless deposit into your bank every time you take a run. As well, once one learns the braking points this run is a great high-speed warmup cum fix before a player gets down to more heated action at slower speeds on tighter courses.
Once the Seasonals are over we'll also shorten the competition period from four weeks to something better paced for this community. I'm hoping many of the players who only focused on Seasonals or online lobbies will revert to more GTPlanet-centered racing and driving action (in addition to the tuning and photography continuing) and we will have more players in here, too, looking to utilize their game in some way while interacting with real people.

80's AFICIONADO
I'm enjoying this event, so many cars to test, the YELLOW BIRD is the best one I've found so far.
Good choice
@lfm58 👍

View attachment 714985

I'm extremely impatient to try this one out - so many great cars to try - even if just to see how they fare. The RS was a good choice - but now you got me thinking Yellowbird, too. 👍

Thanks for sending in entries - OP is about to be majorly updated again. Another all-nighter for me? :nervous:

EDIT:

OP has been updated with all entries as of this post, and Trophy Board and Mission Statement collapsed into spoilers for ease of scrolling as we get into the heat of the events now.

Last edited:
No comments?
I have to stop joining Carl in trying to climb the fence and switch to Gordon's team. Carl's car is so wonderfully easy to drive though - I enjoy an evening of pack racing, over and over, driving his car.

Well done! :lol:
That's the kind of racing I love - when it becomes a challenge and then an obsession to beat it. You got Besson in your lineup - a faster draft but a deadly opponent at the finish. I pulled Wexler on pole for my field so had an easier time - just two runs to win for a quick entry.
I love the way the Toronado handled - what an awesome car! Must find the time to get a few more runs in and must look for that pesky Frenchman (who races a bit like a French driver, no? :sly: ) and just cream him.
The winner of this event gets to pick the next car from the field of cars that the AI is using - and we'll keep doing that until we have run out of cars from all the fields possible - going to be some interesting cars and some interesting leader boards.
This is not only a short and relaxing race (with some mental skills applied to when and how to draft, etc.) it's also an effortless deposit into your bank every time you take a run. As well, once one learns the braking points this run is a great high-speed warmup cum fix before a player gets down to more heated action at slower speeds on tighter courses.
Once the Seasonals are over we'll also shorten the competition period from four weeks to something better paced for this community. I'm hoping many of the players who only focused on Seasonals or online lobbies will revert to more GTPlanet-centered racing and driving action (in addition to the tuning and photography continuing) and we will have more players in here, too, looking to utilize their game in some way while interacting with real people.

I'm extremely impatient to try this one out - so many great cars to try - even if just to see how they fare. The RS was a good choice - but now you got me thinking Yellowbird, too. 👍

Thanks for sending in entries - OP is about to be majorly updated again. Another all-nighter for me? :nervous:

EDIT:

OP has been updated with all entries as of this post, and Trophy Board and Mission Statement collapsed into spoilers for ease of scrolling as we get into the heat of the events now.
I don't have much to say about the NASCAR TOP gun, but they must a an extreme catch up mode on it. Even if you crash you always catch up.

I'm liking the GT DRAFTMASTER idea, but my TV is SWEATING IT!!!
if the ROUTE X CLUB doesn't take off it will be a good replacement.

I think 4 weeks is OK for me as I don't get a lot of time to race, and some of the races you really need do a lot of laps to master the event. 2 weeks could work but maybe reduce the amount of events. Maybe 3 weeks. ?????????

when the servers go down I think it could work both ways,
#1, more people join like you say
#2, people give up on GT6 and go play GTS, or god forbid they go play XBOX
:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

---------------------------------

LEADERBOARDS

NASCAR TOP GUN

@bjl23: 4:22.016
@photonrider: 4:23.243

SUPERCAR KILLER

@photonrider: 13:01.031

EURO TIME-WARP TYRANT

@bjl23: 06:29.254 - MOV: 00:07.426

-------------------------------------------------

GT MEGASTAR
Vic Reign Rights Holders not eligible

--------------------------------------------

CAR MAN GEARMAN

-------------------------------------------

ROADSTER SCOUT

-----------------------------------------

@bjl23: 4:22.261
@photonrider: 4:26.408

------------------------------------------

80's AFICIONADO

@bjl23: 6:32.218 - CTR ‘‘yellow bird’’ ‘86
@lfm58: 06:48.146 - RS200 '84

ROUTE X CLUB

@bjl23 - 307 km/h

Last edited:
...The friend of a friend never showed to try and fix my wheel. So this may be it for me and GT6 until my hand heals.

So what is wrong with your wheel? I ask because I just spent the last week fixing my G27 (time spent letting glue cure) and may be able to remote diagnose. Feel free to send a PM. I'd offer to drop by and fix it but I am in Northern VA. FYI, I got my G27 off Craigslist.

@lasrjock it is something electrical. Logitech with not give you schematics otherwise I would have fixed it myself.Thanks for thinking of me. Welcome to the HUB as well. Don't know for sure when you came around, it's just the first time I have seen your name.

Edit: To my friends in the Hub. My had has improve much over the week. I think I may try one race at a time. I also thank all of you for your concern. I need an even that does have a bunch of turns. Point me to one and that will be the 1st one I run.

@lasrjock it is something electrical. Logitech with not give you schematics otherwise I would have fixed it myself.Thanks for thinking of me. Welcome to the HUB as well. Don't know for sure when you came around, it's just the first time I have seen your name.

Right now@lasrjock is the only currently active HUB player who has been here almost from the beginning. :cheers:

Edit: To my friends in the Hub. My had has improve much over the week. I think I may try one race at a time. I also thank all of you for your concern. I need an even that does have a bunch of turns. Point me to one and that will be the 1st one I run.

Try NASCAR TOP GUN. That has only one turn - to the left and from there you're set. :dopey:

Right now@lasrjock is the only currently active HUB player who has been here almost from the beginning.

Has it been that long? I figured it was about a year after HUB started. I know that I started the game on Nov. 30, 2014.

Edit:

I wasn't too far off. This thing started Dec. 3, 2014 and I first posted on Nov. 4, 2015.

Has it been that long? I figured it was about a year after HUB started. I know that I started the game on Nov. 30, 2014.

Edit:

I wasn't too far off. This thing started Dec. 3, 2014 and I first posted on Nov. 4, 2015.

Yup. As I said almost from the beginning. IIRC, RMan 72 came along shortly after that. Cory Clifford has been popping in and out almost from the beginning too. The very first bunch was Whoosiergirl, fordlaser, MTM79, Vic Reign 93, Stirling Moose, nowayback, Baron Blitz Red, DisabledRacer, Vegard, GTSail, steve nfs, and Ed_Night, among many others who joined in the discussion, and the racing - it was a lot of fun . . . and there were many others who grabbed a title or two but drifted off.
ERAZER came along when we held The nowcontrol Seasonal Trophy: 24 M of Eifel, and he took the First Prize of a $25.00 PrePaid Credit Card. 2nd Prize in that event went to nowayback who won a Prize Pack of Hot Wheels.

nowayback also won the event held previously at the Ring involving GT-Rs - which is why the nowayback Prize Car Pack was the name given to the event when we held it again in his honour. I'm not sure whether he set a faster time - have to check that.
Vic_Reign 93 won the event the last time we held that mad dash in the rain at the Ring - IIRC it was called The Exotic Raindancer - this time around the race was held in his honour and called the Vic Reign Master Licence.
Which now ERAZER won.

This thread has years of history, that's a fact for sure. :lol:

EDIT:

New Challenges have been sent in by the man dominating the leader boards at the moment:

TRAFFIC JAMMER:
RManbegfeb_zpsy7mnttad.jpg

NASCAR POLE STAR
RmanNascar_zpssa3e2yxe.jpg

TURBOMEISTER
20180218_10403Rmanturbo_zpso8goai6o.jpg

And a Special Prize Event -
The nowcontrol Seasonal Trophy: 10 Laps of Suzuka.

Ponzicamaro_zpswp4q56xw.jpg

Events will be published in the OP presently with full details.

Last edited:
80's AFICIONADO update

I took this car for a spin and thought there is no way it would be faster than the YELLOW BRID, I was wrong.
IMAG0159~2.jpg

I know WTF :confused:

EURO TIME-WARP TYRANT update

IMAG0143~2.jpg

AM I THE ONLY ONE DOING THESE EVENTS????????????

We're all holding on to MTM Cards . . . after all there is still a whole month to go. :lol:

I will be putting up the remaining 2 Online events (Beginner and Expert) over the weekend - but we'll still have over a month to go.
I'm not seeing too much activity on the Leader Boards so I'm hesitant to throw in more events at this point in time.

Hoping to get some driving done tonight. If I can get off GTPlanet. :sly:

LEADERBOARDS update

We only had a couple of entries this week from @lfm58 and myself.

It looks like the GT DRAFTMASTER is going to be a nail biter

NASCAR TOP GUN

@lfm58: 4:19.931

SUPERCAR KILLER

@lfm58: 11:47.996

EURO TIME-WARP TYRANT

@bjl23: 06:34.959 - MOV: 00:07.186

GT MEGASTAR

CAR MAN GEARMAN

ROADSTER SCOUT

@lfm58: 4:21.949

80's AFICIONADO

@bjl23: 6:27.111 - 4200R ‘89

ROUTE X CLUB

@bjl23 - 321 km/h

LEADERBOARDS update

We only had a couple of entries this week from @lfm58 and myself.

It looks like the GT DRAFTMASTER is going to be a nail biter

NASCAR TOP GUN

SUPERCAR KILLER

EURO TIME-WARP TYRANT

@bjl23: 06:34.959 - MOV: 00:07.186

GT MEGASTAR

CAR MAN GEARMAN

ROADSTER SCOUT

@lfm58: 4:21.949

80's AFICIONADO

@bjl23: 6:27.111 - 4200R ‘89

ROUTE X CLUB

@bjl23 - 321 km/h

Definitely some nail-biters developing. But this is the name of our game - the challenge to do our best and then battling it out with someone who is just milliseconds off our own time. I see many individual battles developing soon - seen many happen over the years; this month is going to be fun.
A little surprised that the events open only to players with less than three titles (Non-Vic Reign Rights events) are not being used by new players at the HUB - or maybe they're hiding their leader boards for the moment wondering if they put it out someone is going to try and beat them. Sometimes it's almost like a game of poker. :lol:

ERAZER sent me a great challenge for the Expert Seasonal - much like The Hondaful Life event, but I've already tried it out and I can say this is going to be a very addictive and exciting event. The IS 200 is a very eager car, ready to do battle, and the AI are hilarious. A canny player can figure out ways to increase their position - select a good field and then make the AI lose it as you cruise by to take yet another position. Took me 3 tries to get to P8, but the feeling of achievement was well worth it and now I'm eager to get at it again. Gross never appeared by I took on Ritter. Reynolds from Brazil driving the #91 Viper is an amazing driver - he starts out as a back marker and steadily moves up field; must be a great car. I've seen most of the faster AI drivers lose it on turn 1 and several take a leap into the sand traps often, so it's exciting to pursue them in an underpowered car and make them lose it especially when the mission is to grab as many positions as you can.

One of the great things about the Gran Turismo Series is that it has always had a focus on 'teaching' - we learn so much about driving in this game. Giving the players the ability to ride along with the AI during replays is one of those teaching tools.
I rode shotgun with Ritter, the German pole-sitter, in a replay to watch his lines, and wow - what a great driver; drives a beautiful line and does a fast lap of 1:30 - so beating him will need faster laps than that - the best I could do was 1:35 in the IS.
He did lose it at turn 1 on lap 3 - so there is a chance he may do slower laps, too.

GT EXPERT - Entry:

phtonexp_zpsw3jdzqro.jpg

2 NEW ONLINE CHALLENGES ARE UP! This brings the total current challenges to 11 in all.
There will be more offline challenges presented at the beginning of the month - to run all month long.

erazerexpmarch_zpskqjxhfjt.jpg

Online Challenge
Seasonal Expert Level
Whoosier Rule On. All Players eligible. Event designed by ERAZER.

GT EXPERT

Venue: Current Expert Level Seasonals at Red Bull Ring
Objective: Highest Finish. If tied then faster finish.
Vehicle: IS 200 GT-1 '04
Regulations: As per PD's online rules

LEADER BOARD
ERAZER: P6
photonrider: P8

Online Challenge
Seasonal Beginner Level
Whoosier Rule On

TRAFFIC JAMMER

Venue: Current Beginner Level Seasonals at Twin Ring Motegi East
Objective: Fastest 3rd Lap
Vehicle: Any car eligible
Regulations: as per PD's online rules

LEADER BOARD
RMan72: 1:47.556

Last edited:

Top 13 finish in the same second?!
That's a NASCAR season opener I would have really loved to watch. :lol:

Nice couple of challenges :D

When a guy who drives so phenomenally well, as you do, is enjoying the game - then I know the game is working. 👍
Well done setting those benchmarks. No hope for any sort of podium for me now. :P

bjl23 was right. The nail biting has begun. :dopey:

LEADERBOARDS update.

This week @RMan72 put his stamp on the events and @lfm58 topped the GT DRAFT MASTER.

I didn't get a chance to do any racing this weekend, I've spent the last four at the ADELAIDE 500 (the first round of the AUSTRALIAN SUPERCAR CHAMPIONSHIP
👍).
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed.jpg
images.jpeg

NASCAR TOP GUN

@RMan72: 4:19.408

SUPERCAR KILLER

@RMan72: 11:24.708