GT6 Drifting Video (Recorded at Silverstone, USA GT Academy 2013)

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 14 comments
United States
Iowa, USA
LVracerGT
Hey guys,

While I was at Silverstone for GT Academy I had some time to mess about with the build of GT6 they had in the pods. I recorded this after about an hour of practice.

The new physics are a game changer for drifting. If you pay really close attention, you can see how you have to get good angle and car placement set up early to have a good line. Weight transition plays a HUGE part in getting the car settled during switchbacks, and if you start to over rotate panic throttle rips won't save you anymore.

Enjoy guys! :)

P.S. This was done on the Thrustmaster T500 with Comfort Hard tires.

Last edited:
Looks kind of twitchy and fast. Was that on CH?

Yes it was on Comfort Hards. New tire physics are amazing, you actually have realistic forward grip now. And the transition to slip when going sideways feels super realistic and natural.

It looks like that because it was stock with no setup. That is a heavy car, and I actually felt like I was wrestling the car on that entire run.

Looks good. I hopped back on GT5 today after playing GTA V for two weeks. I have to say, I kind of missed drifting. But I tried to get a Viper to drift and I'm just thinking: "What's the point? There's no future for this game, so I'll get drifting again in GT6." Oh well.

Off topic, but isn't it hard keeping the results if gt academy a secret? Lol my brother came back and couldn't say anything.

Some amazing driving there. 👍 You make it look so fun.

Also, nice handbrake. :P

handbrake_zps92db3e43.png

Back