GT6 Duel of the Week 2 - The Last Lap

GT3 vs What???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Italian Jobs...

PRB21S6.jpg

When it was said "Here's a close duel" in the title of the Time Trial, I was somewhat skeptical... but I'm happy to admit that I'm impressed with that statement now. It was way closer than I was thinking anyways. Sure, on paper the stats have them in the same ballpark, but c'mon... it's a Ferrari. Should be 'nuff said!

So we'll start off with the pretender contender...

GrFoaOI.jpg

The Baby Lambo... the Gallardo LP 560-4. The entry level Lamborghini grew up a bit since it was released back in 2003. This version actually had some balls to it. I'm not a huge fan of the company, especially since it got taken over by another company. It might have saved them in one way, but it turned them into a cookie cutter. All of the models look way too similar now. The "You can tell it's a Lambo" argument just doesn't cut it either... and this duel has the perfect example of why.

Anyhoo... let's get to the driving part of it. With only a 60 kg difference between the 2 cars, it was worth having the heavy AWD system to make it such a different driving experience from the Ferrari. On this week's track selection, it showed both the strengths and the weaknesses of both drivetrains. All in all, I gotta admit I had fun in it. Some of the cornering was sharper and some not so much. It needed the extra 50 some odd hamsters to help make up for the time you'd lose in certain situations. And it used them well. Well enough to make it into the top 3 favourites for this brand!

Iv7tcD4.jpg

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Ferrari. Their product lines have always been deep and diverse, enough for anyone to find a model that would suit their tastes. Both manufacturers are status symbol cars, but Ferrari has put out way too many works of art on wheels to be sluffed off as just a petrol powered symbol of mid-life crisis.

The Scuderia version here in this battle was a good choice in hindsight, as the Lambo had evolved into the performance edition it is. The MR drivetrain of this model made the battle a little more even as well. The 430 is a pretty nimble car in it's own right, and the results prove it.

The Lambo: 1:37.481

The Scud: 1:36.999

Now, even though the results are way closer than I would've drempt, I still would give the Ferrari the nod as it offered more confidence overall... the handling and the performance are what you'd expect and more. The Gallardo is no slouch, either in power or the handling... but I found myself holding back a bit to ease through some of the course, where as the Ferrari sliced through it. Had this test been on street series tires, the results would have been greatly affected. With the top tier tires allowed however, it allowed me to put both cars through their paces and pushed both to the limits.

The baby Lambo gains my respect, while the Scuderia gains the win in a close, very close battle. Nice DOTW!!!

Cheers

Last edited:
Interesting Baron that you had an easier time with the Ferrari. The added weight and power to four wheels of the Lambo inspired me to brake late and power out hard. I had the pedal mashed from the apex without having to feather it. Nice pictures. Side by side, I keep staring at the Ferrari. Now, do I choose it based on my visual attraction towards it, because after all, when we buy a car, we want it to look attractive to us. Yeah?

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08

5.2L
552 hp / 8,000 rpm
399 ft-lb / 6,500 rpm
1,410 kg (3,109 lbs)
546 pp

Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
4.3L
502 hp / 8,500 rpm
347 ft-lb / 5,500 rpm
1,350 kg (2,976 lbs)
549 pp

Okay so the 'Bo has an extra 0.9L in engine displacement, which is good for 50 more hp than the 'Rari, peaking 500 rpm sooner. Torque is up as well, by 52 ft-lbs, but you have to wait 1,000 rpm higher than the Scuderia's peak torque for those extra ponies. Of course the Lambo is heavier, by 60 kg or 133 lbs.

Mid-Field best laps on Comfort Soft:

167 mph - Lamborghini
162 mph - Ferrari

With a proper wheel setup, the Ferrari may very well be faster overall, but in my pathetic DS3-using hands, the Lamborghini comes out very much on top, by nearly a full second and 5 mph.

If I was using either car for nice days only, it'd be the Ferrari. I don't care for the design of the Lamborghini much so I wouldn't feel bad driving in bad weather :D Okay I also vote Scuderia. I was a huge fan of the 360 Modena and F355 and 512TR back in the 90s. Oh and the Scuderia is a full second quicker than the standard F430.

159 mph or 3 less than the Scuderia.

4.3L
495 hp / 9,000 rpm
343 ft-lb / 5,500 rpm
1,450 kg (3,197 lbs)
540 pp

7 fewer ponies than the Scuderia, and that's 500 rpm higher in the rev range, at 9,000 (!!!!!) rpm.
4 fewer ft-lbs of torque, at the same peak rpm.
100 kg heavier (221 lbs) Ouch that weight HURTS.

Clarkson's review of the Scuderia:

And his review of the LP 560-4 starts at 1:25 in:

Interesting Baron that you had an easier time with the Ferrari. The added weight and power to four wheels of the Lambo inspired me to brake late and power out hard. I had the pedal mashed from the apex without having to feather it. Nice pictures. Side by side, I keep staring at the Ferrari.

It might just be that I'm so much more used to the Ferrari's than the Gallardo... The Scuderia was only a little bit different of drive than my favourite of the 430 series... The SP1.

aVHHFWN.jpg

With the looks of her, it's hard to ignore. Personally, I think my Red Baron version is the sexiest of the lot... that's saying something considering they're all sex on wheels in my opinion.

Thanks for liking the pics @MidFieldMaven !!!

Cheers

It's amazing that we haven't yet had a duel between these two, but lo and behold, here they are. The Lamborghini Gallardo and the 430 Scuderia. Which one comes out on top on this wonderful custom course this week?

Milan Canyon Trial:
Gallardo - 1:45.624
430 Scuderia - 1:45.618

My god that was an awfully close match! It's not often we have a duel where my fastest laps are separated by 6 thousandths of a second. I think it's honestly a toss up between the two cars, and you can't go wrong with either. The Ferrari may be a little more challenging due to the fact that it's rear-wheel drive, up against the 4WD Lamborghini, but both cars are reasonably stable and fast on their own merits.

My vote is going to go to the Ferrari this week, but honestly, either one of them would be a great choice.

My 6-axis supported testdrive showed clearly that Scuderia, being setup by MS, is better balanced and has higher grip levels than Gallardo which by having a great engine wins in acceleration and speed. Also, Gallardo central diff sends 80% of the torque to the rear axle and thus provides good handling characteristics and almost no understeer except from the last high speed corner (btw, great custom track there MrWaflz55 :cheers:). So, to sum it up, Scuderia wins in laptimes (test was done on SH tires and I am sure than Baron Blitz Red used the best able to pick from the club setup - those are RH ;)). My laptimes below:

430 Scuderia '07 - 1:44.574

Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 - 1:45.210

From the design aspect, none of them is great but 430 has a small edge over the Lambo imho. Price wise, Lambo is 50K cheaper. Performance per value wise, Ferrari being a limited edition version wins again for its rarity and the setup by MS himself also.

In conclusion, Scuderia is the clear winner of this duel for me.

Ferrari-430-Scuderia-red-front.jpg

The amateur is back again, this time in two cars more to what I'm used to. Note: driving with a new wheel upgraded from a dfgt to a G29 and still getting used to it.

Monza:
Scuderia: 2:00.451
Gallardo: 2:02.626

The Scuderia is more challenging, yet more rewarding of a drive. The Gallardo feels faster in the straights, however feels that the breaking points are earlier.

I had issues signing up for the TT, I hope to try again tomorrow night. As it stands now, my vote is for the Scuderia!

I just finished the TT, so here's my impressions. I find no fault with the Ferrari. Besides the look, and the lovely exhaust note, the course @MrWaflz55 picked for us seems made for it. What a wonderful drive. Then there's the Lamborghini. I probably spent more time in 4 wheel drifts than going forward. While it didn't exactly feel like it wanted to kill me, it certainly wanted to inflict great bodily harm. I am not a fan of the styling. I've never liked how far forward the cabin looks. For certain, it's no Ferrari.

All that being said, the TT was messed up. A lot of lag when I passed the timing markers in the Ferrari run. I did the lambo next and it was fine. Then I repeated the Ferrari and got the lag again. I know there's probably a second more left in the Ferrari, but the times will stand for now. At least I broke 1:40 in both cars.

Well this is just freakin' peachy. GT6 servers went under maintenance while I was running the TT and my times aren't even registered. Way to go PD. Ugggggh

Last edited:
So we have a winner here (In my eyes anyhow) The Gallardo beating up its German sister the Audi R8 from Neckasulm.

Now it faces off against the Ferrari 430 Scuderia. Now as Ryk is rubbing against his garage limit like a badly fitted windscreen wiper he'll be using his old tired cars rather than buying fresh cars. He doesn't trust putting his cars in the Sarlacc Pit that is the Stockyard.

header.jpg

Ferrari 430 Scuderia vs. Lamborghini Gallardo

Same sort of PP range - but one is an Italian-ised Audi R8 the other is an already great Ferrari made even better with a few stripes... (I've been informed the Scuderia is more than just go faster stripes...) Both mid engined but the Gallardo has filthy four wheel drive. The "Scud" is just a well honed version of a long line of Ferrari Berlinettas. Both come with all kinds of "I can drive real great" buttons for the lady driver. But Ryk will be reverting the car to the previous century with ABS=0 and none of these "easy mode" switches.

front face.jpg

In the Blu Sera Met corner, The challenger fighting from Maranello in Italy the naturally aspirated 4.3litre V8 powered Rear wheel drive supercar ... the Ferrari 430 Scuderia
And introducing...
In the recently resprayed Rosso Siviglia corner from Santa'Agata in Italy the naturally aspirated 5.2 litre V10 powered all wheel drive supercar ... the Lamborghini Gallardo .

Head to Head.jpg

Scuderia -------------------- Gallardo
Frank Stephenson ----- Designer ----- Luc Donckerwolke
302,500 kazula ----------Price---------- 253,500 kazula
4308cc V8 -------------Engine-------------- 5204 V10
502bhp -------------Powah-------------- 552bhp
48.0 torques --------Torque-------- 55.1 torques
4512mm ----------Length----------4345mm
1923mm ----------Width-----------1960mm
1199mm ----------Height----------1165mm
1350kg 44:56 ------Weight------ 1410kg 44:56
549pp ---------------PP--------------- 546pp

The White Stripes ------Intro song-------Giacchino Rossini
"Blue Orchid" ------------Intro song------ "Barber of Seville"​

*** Round 1 - Price***
430 Scuderia - 302,500 kazulas
Gallardo LP560-4- 253,300 kazulas
The Gallardo is just under 50,000 kazula cheaper. All that extra lightness they crammed into the Ferrari cost real cash money.

--- 430 Scuderia (8) - Gallardo LP560-4 (10)

*** Round 2 - Tyres***
430 Scuderia - Sports Hard
Gallardo LP560-4- Sports Hard
I didn't really expect either car to have an advantage here but always worth checking to see what grade of Italian loafers they mooch about a track with. Shared round

--- 430 Scuderia 10 (18) - Gallardo LP560-4 10 (20)

*** Round 3 - Paint Chips***
430 Scuderia - 17 Chips
Gallardo LP560-4 - 3 Chips
The Ferrari has a huge number of chips but to be honest no Green is unforgivable - You have to deal with the Scud stripes on the car. They start out a dark colour but if you respray it you get a contrasting black or white depending on your colour choice. I resprayed mine in Blu Sera Met from the Dino or maybe the Daytona - this gave the car white stripes. (Blue Orchid?)
The Lambo has 3 paint chips... Black, White or Yellow... Hope you like white leather interior as that is all you get.
- I resprayed my Gallardo in Rosso Siviglia - Magnifico! The Barber of Seville by Rossini?

The Ferrari has to win this one, Stripes and a big thick dollop of chips. The Lamborghini which usually has outrageous as a design philosophy is very muted and frugal almost German...with just 3 chips. Still you can respray both of them and turn them into lean dark green racing machines, just like me. But for now I will leave them in their corner colours!

--- 430 Scuderia 10(28) - Gallardo LP560-4 8 (28)​

*** Round 4 - Ultimate speed***
430 Scuderia - 196mph
Gallardo LP560-4 - 200mph

I've already run the Gallardo which hit the two ton mark (two hundred miles per hour.. 320 of your fancy Euronapoleans?) The Ferrari got up to speed quickly but its gears are a little shorter which should give it an advantage at speeds under 196 compared to the Lambo but here at Route X, it lost. Odd that both cars are rev limited

--- 430 Scuderia 9(37) - Gallardo LP560-4 10(38)

*** Round 5 - Engine Note***
430 Scuderia - V8 DOHC goodness. Has a nice punchy rasp to it.
Gallardo LP560-4 - V10 5.2. Different engine note. Odd firing cylinders bit of a whine to it.

Both are good, I'm no fan of a V10 but the party trick to make an empty can of girly lager, sound just like a Lambo V10 engine. Must be light headed but another shared round.

--- 430 Scuderia 10(47) - Gallardo LP560-4 10(48)

*** Round 6 - Lashings of full fat Powah ***

Both cars have a nice amount of power but the Lambo has 552bhp and the Ferrari only has 502bhp - so the Lambo has 10% more power so the Ferrari gets 10% less points.

--- 430 Scuderia 9(56) - Gallardo LP560-4 10(58)

*** Round 7 - Dashing Good Looks ***

Obviously you pick the Italian car...

430 Scuderia - Now I used to really like the car but I spent a bit of time looking at it and the lamps look a bit Fiat Barchetta and the stripes... The bulky rear hips are nice with the side scoop and the car has a bit of feminine curve. But the overall proportions are nice. Old Frank knows how to shape a nice car!

galscudd.jpg

Gallardo LP560-4 - Luc Donckerwolke's second generation Gallardo, has a smidge of Reventon and overall looks a bit more savage than the first generation. Maybe a bit simple in the lines, But Diamonds are simple and people seem to like them. I like this one as well!

--- 430 Scuderia 9(65) - Gallardo LP560-4 10(68)

*** Round 8 - Tricksy Aerodynamics ***

Now for whatever reason the Scud has a couple of spoons of Aero whereas the Gallardo has nothing to help it grip the track. Now on the track this should mean that the Ferrari has the advantage in the corners especially the fast ones in comparison to the Lambo. But just because the Scud has some Aero don't be fooled into thinking it is a lot!

--- 430 Scuderia 10(75) - Gallardo LP560-4 9(77)​

*** Round 9 - Tipping the scales ***

The Lambo is pretty light at 1410kg but the Scud is 60kg lighter - which is about the weight of a Valentina Shevchenko. who is sort of from Peru by way of Kyrgyzstan, which was part of the old Soviet Union when she was born... just like the Gallardo's designer, Luc Donckerwolke - except he was actually born in Peru...honest!)
Has the Gallardo got an extra Valentina Shevchenko worth of firepower to justify the added weight?

--- 430 Scuderia 10(85) - Gallardo LP560-4 9(86)​

*** Round 10 - Willow Springs ***

just a fun run - which would I choose?
The Scud was fun, Light to drive easy to overstep the balance - but equally easy to balance the car in a smoky powerslide. 6th gear feels a smidge too tall relative to 5th gear if I am going to be hypercritical. The engine is nice, very free revving. Ferrari making a nice car, who knew? 1m21.9 (24 litres extra fuel).

The Lambo, Well different drive, The front end feels funny to me, like a Pit Bull that you rescued from the RSPCA (Dog Pound) is it going to stay asleep curled up by the fire or is it suddenly going to get up and bite your daughter's Hello Kitty doll in half? - so breaking news Ryk doesn't trust the front axel of the Gallardo! If you can keep the front end in check then the car is pretty stable, nice balance, you can drift the car 1m22.5 (31 litres added at a pit stop)

SO the thing I deduce about that test is the Gallardo is less likely to let me hoon about losing a couple of seconds to the Gods of Smoke, Thunder and Übersteer.

galslide.jpg ubersteer.jpg

I had to think more in the Scud - it required me to balance the car in several corners and to calm myself down and not paint the track with nice thick black lines. The Gallardo is about managing the turn in then the longer corners are un eventful - if I mucked up the entry then I was in land of Understeer as the car wouldn't rotate. On their own neither are terrible but I likes my Mid Engined cars with rear wheel drive. Four wheel drive how every advantageous its is just feels wrong and not in a cool H.P.Lovecraft looking into the yawning abyss while winding on more opposite lock, type of wrong, but the Edgar Allen Poe "I heard Understeer, wrapping on my chamber door, meet the apex? nevermore!"

All jokes aside both are cars that demand you spend a bit of track time to unlock their foibles - The Scud has a slippery nature which demands a lightness of steering touch. The Gallardo is a wonky old heifer, but hold onto it and you can give it the magic beans through the corners, if you can tame that front axel.

Have to give the round to the Scud as I had way more fun.

--- 430 Scuderia 10(95) - Gallardo LP560-4 8(94)​

Ten close rounds and the judges are tallying up there scores...

Do you give the fight to the Clean cut good looks of the powerful all wheel drive Gallardo? Or does the easy rotating lightness of the less fussy Scuderia win the bout?

And we have a the official decision.

Ladies and Gentlemen After 10 rounds we go to the judges score cards for a decision.
Australian Judge, Roo Tex scores it ... ninety four, ninety five - Gallardo.
Irish Judge, Will O'Springs scores it ... ninety five, ninety four - Scuderia
and
Californian Judge, Alicia Silverstone scores it ... ninety five, ninety four, for the winner ... by split decision ...

LA LA LAmborghini Gallardo ....
"This means so much to me to us all who worked so hard to make this happen. I'd like to thank my parents Mum, God - I love you too big guy; that Girl in the Starbucks that makes my skinny latte just right, call me?--- Hold on, give me back my prize... security! You can't do this! Noooooooo!"

And the winner is actually Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

*** The GTAcademy would like to apologise if you think this was some cheap trick to get people talking about us. ***

The Ferrari 430 Scuderia
scud drift.jpg

On a serious note The Scud is just such a peach to drive. It may be under powered and 6th gear may feel a bit out of place, but it is so easy to balance in a long corner and is fun to drive compared to the pushy Peruvian Gallardo.

Last edited:
Whew, got this one done with only some minor lag. Might be me, I don't think I've cleared the cache in a couple weeks.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 1:39.469
Ferrari 430 Sucderia 1:38.146

Verdict: Ferrari 👍

I can see there is big variation in laptimes because the limitation of tire choice isn't tight and leaves up to Racing hard to be selected. Could be adjusted better for the next duel? Road cars up to CS or SH, tuned cars up to SH-SM, racing cars up to RH-RM for example.

We just do stock tires. I've been running stock tires anyways.

The reason why there's a few people that run a lot faster than me, it's because they're much better drivers than me.

At least, I hope that's the only reason they're quicker.

The reason why there's a few people that run a lot faster than me, it's because they're much better drivers than me.

I am almost sure that the guys who made laps over 5" faster than mine's were on much better tires. And they were allowed to do so as the club setting was such. So, I ask from our host MrWaflz55 to keep this setting tight from now with only one tire available for the duels, in order to let everyone have a shot without using racing tires on road cars.

Normally I have been using whatever comes on the car, but this week @Baron Blitz Red and I used RH. Its aliens @ThrasherDBS. Aliens. :nervous: One of them shows up occasionally. If I'm within 3 seconds of him, that's a total win for me. 👍

I see our competitive nature has gotten the best of us. I've been operating under the guise that we were driving with stock tires.

I think that since we've got people using different tires, how about on the trials specifying exactly what tires you used, after you got done posting your times, so people know exactly what they're up against? That way, the ones on stock tires aren't pulling their hair out to get close to people who are running much grippier rubber.

Last edited:
Had this test been on street series tires, the results would have been greatly affected. With the top tier tires allowed however, it allowed me to put both cars through their paces and pushed both to the limits.

It's not like I tried to hide it people!!! This was directly from my review, post #331... which was before anyone started to question anything.

Cheers

Thanks for pointing that out Baron Blitz Red, I just got it from the times posted. We had agreed (after voting for this) about 2 months ago that we are to use the stock cars of the cars tested in the duels and that's why I asked for settings to be strict in that.

Alright, it seems the Scuderia, although underpowered, benefits from an amazing chassis layout. Perfect, precise handling around ever bend. You can get it to misbehave a little too if you want, but not that much.

The Lamborghini less balanced with the heavy engine and 4WD tech, the car is capable of four-wheel drifts like the R8 if you try hard enough. Doesn't have the same connected feel as the Scuderia, the weight and drivetrain make for a less enjoyable ride in my opinion.

So, let's count the votes up...
Scuderia: 8
Gallardo: 0

I didn't see any Gallardo votes, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Ouch.

...The winner is the Ferrari 430 Scuderia!

Ferrari F430 Scuderia Wallpapers (5).jpg

This next duel might get a bit repetitive, but It's been a long time coming.

Duel of the Week #88: Deja Vu

This is one of the original suggestions for @Cowboy's original duel of the week. I'm surprised this idea hadn't been utilized. However, I'm the fearless leader now and I say we finally get this over with! The last two times we did this duel, we paired this street machine against two inherently slower and weaker competitors. In it's third outing, does this mystery car have enough firepower to overcome it's toughest opponent yet. This new challenger is the Joker to the Ferrari 458's Batman, this week we have the...

2009 Ferrari 458 Italia against it's greatest nemesis, the goliath 2010 McLaren MP4-12C

mclaren_ferrari_8_medium.jpg

How have we not done this yet? Anyways, the track this time isn't the Top Gear Test Track unfortunately, but instead it's Silverstone, the National layout, like any great Formula 1 duel should be held. That'll be up within the next day or two. See you guys in a bit!

If you guys don't want supercars next week, please hit me with a suggestion sometime, I'm running dry on ideas lately.​

Last edited:
So after recalling the *ahem* semi-choreographed race between Waflz and I, with him driving the 458 and me driving the MP4, the McLaren ended up winning that one. Since it was the star of that particular article, I'm guessing he was expecting a loss, regardless of the crazy and insane person I was portrayed as in the article.

Here we are on a more objective field, this time with me driving both cars. The small Silverstone track is our venue and I'll say it fits our Time Trial format awfully well. So in one corner, we have the Ferrari that lots of people fawn over, and the MP4-12 that not quite as many fawn over because it doesn't come from Italy, nor does it hold a top speed record.

Silverstone National Trial:
458 - 1:10.176
MP4-12C - 1:07.377

So as I said in the Trial room, as a brief summary of how this trial went down, I made steady and consistent improvements in the Ferrari. Every lap, squeezing a few hundredths of a second, little by little. The McLaren shattered the Ferrari's best time on its warm up lap by about a second or two. Just that sort of domination.

That isn't to say the Ferrari is a bad or slow car, in fact, I'd say it's more intuitive and gives the best mix of controllable oversteer and stability. It feels like a great learner's car when it comes to getting the hang of how MR cars work out. The McLaren felt more understeery than I would have liked, but the truth remains that it was over two and a half seconds faster than the Ferrari, and so I'd have to give it the vote.

Nice start in this duel reviews ThrasherDBS :cheers:. SH tires I suppose? ;)

Tbh, I was waiting 2" of diff for MP4. That car seems extremely grippy and thus it allows higher cornering speed, especially after the apex in all type of corners despite F458 being much better in handling balance and adjustability. I will throw the data from my run which will come (hopefully) later in the week into MoteC i2 to get the exact numbers out and be positive about what's causing that kind of difference in laptimes. The carbon chassis of Mclaren is a great factor irl and in GT6 the physics engine clearly shows that imho.

I like the Ferrari better. I'm not sure exactly whats going on with the MP4. It feels like it has too much grip at the back. When I stomp on the accelerator coming out of a turn, the front end lifts up and induces understeer, making the car want to go to the outside edge of the track. I've been trying to tune that out, with not much luck. I loved the McLaren when I first started GT6, but as my skills have improved, it's not as attractive as it once was. Even though my time at Silverstone was 2/10ths slower, I prefer the Ferrari for several reason. Mostly because I dislike the power-on understeer of that other one.

TT's

MP4 1:07.541
458 1:07.766 I left a little bit on the table, but I'm not sure I can make up the second it will take to nab the top spot.

verdict: Ferrari 458 Italia

Last edited:
Time to post my findings from my tt a few mins ago. Before I post the laptimes and the rest of the stats retrieved from Motec i2, I will make clear that the tires allowed in the club settings were SM and I tested on the stock ones (SH). Now, that's my review about this duel.

Car model - Best lap

MP4-12C '10 - 1:06.621 (10 points)

458 Italia '09 - 1:09.052 (6 points)

Handling-braking-balance

Macca (=MP4) is planted on the tarmac as if it was a 4WD. Almost not spinning at all, a bit of understeer, very stable, easy to correct when sliding the rear, in other words it behaves as if there is a system that works all the time to provide maximum grip in all conditions, not allowing to play with it. And indeed, irl, there is an electronic stability system unable to be disengaged by the driver, that it gives it the best ability in lapping ultra fast on track. So, almost not fun at all, but ultra efficient on track (8 points). Lateral grip during the 6th corner (the long right one) was at 1,7G (10 points). Braking from 200km/h to 110 took 1,73" and 73m (8 points).

200-110 / 2231-2298 / 48.566-49.768

Italia is on exactly the opposite side, being extremely playful, adjustable with bith pedals and steering wheel (used DFPro for this duel to fully experience that ;)), balanced towards the rear side as the normal thing for an MR, braking was great, control when unbalanced needed fast and accurate reactions since there is nothing to help the driver here and this makes the experience more rewarding than driving the Macca but wasn't as fast in laptimes (9 points). Lateral grip during the 6th corner (the long right one) was at 1,6G (9 points). Braking from 200km/h to 110 took 1,68" and 69m (10 points).

51.015-52.696 /2274-2343

Speed-acceleration

Macca reached 269 km/h on this track and got from 100 to 250 km/h in 10,2 secs (10 points), while the Italia got up to 257 km/h and accelerated the 100-250 in 14,2 secs (8 points). The twin-turbo and lighter Macca is much faster and a part of the laptime difference between them is on the PS/kg advantage that Macca has over the Italia.

Design

An easy win for the Italia here (10 points) as imho it is gorgeous when Macca doesn't have any personality at all (6 points), being a very simplistic car in design (only good thing on its exterior is the door opening). As GT6 allows us to see them from the interior also, the Italia wins here too getting the 10 points with Macca getting 8 points for its interior being at least modern and ergonomic.

Value-price

283K credits is the cost of the Italia and Macca costs 225K. When putting the price in perspective with all the other sides of those cars, Macca is a bargain tbh and because of that it gets 10 points while the Italia, being a Ferrari is overpriced as usual, although it's fantastic and it gets 8 points.

Final result

The Macca wins gathering 70 points and the Italia remains second with 60 points.

A clear win for MP4-12C here!
(although I would like 458 more if I could buy either of them)

MCLARENMP4-12C-4552_12.jpg

Last edited:
Back