GT6 Duel of the Week #70: The Grand Finale (well, not really)

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 1,338 comments
-Specs-
Horsepower: L 373hp F 347hp
Weight: L 1067 F 1200 (Kg)
PP: L 510 F 496
Torque: L 266 F 318.2
Displacement: L 3929 F 4390​

Starting off early this week, welcome back to the...
Versus Series.jpg

1971 Ferrari 365 GTB4 vs 1974 Lamborghini Countach Review/Comparison
"Two old wheels, Which one's gouda? Who will age the best? Find out.
I also just noticed this is extremely lame..."

image.jpeg

This week we have two classics from the supercar boom. The 365 GTB (also known as the "Daytona") was originally built and intended to take on the Miura (Hah, you wish you could afford it), but there's bigger fish in the sea, and the Berlinetta Boxer is absent for the game, so we settle with what we have... (and what we can afford)

Round One: Shakedown

Shakedown Final.jpg

First up, I take both cars down to the track to see who can make the fastest lap. In this instance the 365 was a very planted car, but suffers from lots of body roll. The Countach had a hint of oversteer and the lag is insane for an NA car to get on the power, but once it winds up it flies away.
And the times are in!

Lambo:2:13.776
Ferrari:2:14.304
Gap: +0.472

So it seems the countach wins on the track, but will the Ferrari's higher torque be able to keep up?

Point Goes to the Lamborghini Countach

Round Two: Drag Race

Drag Race Final.jpg

.............No!

The Ferrari is sent back into the rear view mirror and disappears, being beaten down the strip by three whole seconds.

Point goes to the Lamborghini Countach

Round Three: Paint Chips

Paint Chips Final.jpg

The Lamborghini has 7 Paint chips, with bright colours consisting of Red, Yellow, Green and Orange, with some basic shades thrown in. The Ferrari only has 5 Paint Chips, with Yellow, Red, Super Dark Blue, Black and White. The Lamborghini's colours are brighter and more plentiful, so the...

...Point goes to the Lamborghini Countach

Round Four: Customization
Customization Final.jpg

Do you want to pimp your classics? Why, now with GT6... YOU CAN'T!!!!!
The Countach has a wing and the Ferrari has a lip-thing, time to close up shop, good day to you sir.
But in all honesty, with the custom wings the Ferrari has marginally better diversity, so

Point to the Ferrari 365 GTB/4

Round Five: Tuning
Tuning Final.jpg

Both are equal in terms of tuning, but the Ferrari can get into 500pp races easier and still have a few PP to spare for mods, so the point goes to...

The Ferrari 365 GTB/4

Round Six: Sound
Sound Final.jpg

Of course, the best from the worst, blah blah.
Look, I'll enjoy what I have and I'll enjoy the Ferrari, the Lambo sound a little generic.

Point goes to the Ferrari 365 GTB/4

Round Seven: Design and Styling
Design and Styling Final.jpg

Of course, the Ferrari 365 is a classic Ferrari, its curves are elegent, the design is flawless, it is pretty all around, but of course, three years later the absolutely bonkers Countach rolls into town with its boxes and wedges and takes its rightful place on the bedroom wall poster. (looks even better with wing)

Point goes to the Lamborghini Countach

Final Round: Drifting and Online Popularity

Drifting Final.jpg

Both cars can handle the corners going sideways like champs, but I place my chips on the Ferrari due to the F/R layout, I also see the Ferrari online more, because of it's decent popularity in 500pp races and because this Countach is backstabbed by its little brother, the 25th Anniversary...

Point goes to the Ferrari 365 GTB/4

Final Thoughts...
Final Thoughts Final.jpg

And the victor is decided. I love both cars a lot, like most other duels of the week. But with a 4/4 tie neither one wins? so it all comes down to the FINAL Final Round that will come into effect whenever we need a tiebreaker...
Brand Bias.jpg

Yay Vegetables
(I'm sorry, I needed a picture to photoshop)

So I hereby declare the FERRARI 365 GTB/4, a classic, nostalgic, no way faster and .4 of a second slower than the Countach and one of my favourite classic cars ever, Champion of these non speed-based trials...

and of course the verdict is...

Buy a Countach 25th Anniversary (obvious choice)

See you next week! :cheers:

Last edited:
"The first-a rule of Italian driving: What's-a behind me is not important!"

This week brings together two legendary Italian sports cars. Our first car is the Ferrari 365 GTB4. The year was 1967 and Lamborghini was turning heads with the Miura. That year, the Miura was named the fastest production car in the world with a top speed of 171 miles per hour. Ferrari, not wanting to be upstaged by the new(ish) kid in town decided to replace its 275 GTB with another front engined sportster codenamed "Daytona". Ferrari did not attach the Daytona nameplate to the actual car, but enthusiasts still called it that, and it became so widespread that the nickname became more widely known than the actual name. In 1968, this replaced the Miura as fastest production car in the world at 174 miles per hour.

1974 came around and the Miura had been retired after a good run. The Miura made Lamborghini legendary, but the company still needed something else to follow it up. For the sake of speeding things up, the next car, said to have made Lamborghini immortal was the Countach. This "stealth fighter of sports cars" was designed by Marcello Gandini who also designed the Miura. The Countach was Lamborghini's flagship car for a good solid 16 years.

With that exposition out of the way, which car is the better one of the two?

Mountain Trial:
Daytona - 1:45.747
Countach - 1:43.796

City Trial:
Daytona - 1:33.035
Countach - 1:31.258

Well there's not a lot of ambiguity there, is there? The Lamborghini was clearly faster than the Ferrari. The Ferrari was very planted and stable in the corners both on the Matterhorn and SSR5. The Daytona felt pretty fun to drive and easy to control. However, the weight of the car slowed it down, being over 200kg heavier than the Countach.

The Countach is definitely more difficult to control, with snap oversteer and a tendency to wash out in long curves, but the car is definitely quicker on straight lines than the Ferrari. Getting used to this car was fairly tough especially after driving the Ferrari. The first lap with the Countach on the mountain trial was ungodly sloppy but was only about 1 second slower than the Ferrari's best time.

Both cars are legends in their own right but the Lamborghini gets the vote since it's faster. The Ferrari was easier to drive and would most likely be the better choice for joyriding though.

Last edited:
At Mid-Field Raceway on Comfort Soft tires:

1:18.542 - 510 - Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
1:19.200 - 496 - Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71

Lamborghini
3.9L
373 hp / 8,000 rpm
266 ft-lb / 5,500 rpm
1,065 kg (2,348 lbs)

Ferrari
4.4L
347 hp / 7,300 rpm
318 ft-lb / 5,500 rpm
1,200 kg (2,646 lbs)

The Lambo is nearly 300 lbs lighter, with 26 more horses. The only area where the Ferrari excels is torque, a whopping 52 more ft-lbs than the Countach thanks to its 500cc bigger engine. The Ferrari is easier to drive, but I like a challenge. My vote goes to the Lambo.

daytach.jpg

LP400 vs 365 GTB/4

Classic fight of the 70's

Can the New Lambo beat the older Fezza?

***Looks ***
This is a tough call. If you like the "cab-forward" sharp angles and looking futuristic then Gandini's Countach will win all day. If like long phallic bonnets with a classic Grand Tourer lines then Fioravanti's 365GTB/4 could be the one. Both are style Icons. the Daytona was such a nice looking car Rover of England based the big bruising V8 SD1 (Used in The UK as 'the' Police Pursuit vehicle for ages.) The Countach? It started a trend for the Clown car - sorry Supercars that followed. Form over functionality. You would assume the Countach was the one that took 7 days to design and then 19 years for the engineers to try to fix the fundamental issues before they threw in the towel and Swapped over to the Diablo. But Fioravanti only took a week to create the Ferrari 365GTB4. (Even God took Sunday off!)

***Historical racing Pedigree ***
The Daytona smokes the Countach on this one. The 365GTB/4 won so many long distance races; a hat trick of class victories at Le Mans and came 2nd outright at Daytona 24 hours in 1979. But the Lamborghini Countach was the Pace car at the Monaco Grand Prix... erm and Okay the 365GTB/4 dominates this bit!

***Once more, with feeling.***
The Daytona was a real star of the actual Cannonball Sea to Shining Sea race when Dan Gurney and Hal Yates drove it. Footage is... rare. But I remember seeing the Ferrari featured in the Gumball Rally film of 1976 when Raul Julia drove a Daytona. The Countach? The only film I can remember it being in was the Cannonball Run with Burt Reynolds et alia. Adrienne Barbeau in the Lamborghini Countach actually win. Spoilers (Front and rear!)

So in the Battle of the Big Screen (Gumball Rally Vs. The Cannonball Run) the Ferrari Daytona only managed 2nd place (To an AC Cobra), the Countach actually won beating the likes of Roger Moore (Aston Martin), Dean Martin (Ferrari) and Jackie Chan (Subaru!).

On the small screen the Daytona was on prime time 1980's show Miami Vice as Crockett's car. In the show it was a GTS/4 soft top and not the GTB/4 Berlinette - but in reality it was a Corvette with a kit car body to make it look like a 365GTB/4!

***Speed. ****
Firstly if you look at the speedometer you will see a bit of a clue as to which is faster. The Ferrari's speedo goes all the way to 160mph, the Countach goes all the way to an incredible 240mph...
But they both lie!
I ran SS7 and the Lamborghini actually hit the rev limiter at 198mph... The gearbox is just about perfectly balanced to exploit the power of the engine. The Daytona just didn't have the grunt. I could only get the Ferrari up to 177mph not quite up to the rev limiter in fifth. Maybe on a long run in a slipstream then you may hit it. So both have well placed top gear ratios. Commendable when you compare them to the American Muscle cars that are all muzzled by their gearboxes. (Italians more practical than Americans... who would have thunk it!)

***Engine***
V12 4390cc - 347bhp - 44 torques - 7700 redline
The Ferrari has a further refined version of the venerable Colombo V12.

V12 3929cc - 374bhp - 37 torques - 8000 redline
The Miura V12 but instead of being mounted sideways (Transversely) it is mounted longitudinally... only they put it in backwards so the power goes forward to the gearbox and then the drive shaft goes under the engine, through the sump, to the rear wheels... And I thought that BRM were the only guys to make engines just a bit more over engineered than it really needed to be!) The Engine was smaller than the original planned 5 litre V12 - but the Miura Engine needed more cooling, so the Lamborghini sprouted various vents and scoops to feed it sips of vital cooling air.

Considering Ferrari value the engine over pretty much everything else on the car, the Lambo has more from less.

***Life Span***
The Daytona came into production in 1968 and was phased out in 1973... just 5 years.
The Countach was displayed in Geneva in 1971, finally entered production in 1974 and was being churned out until 1990 - 16 years.
However...the LP400 version was phased out in 1978 - so maybe it only lasted 4 years?

*** Rarity Value***
The Daytona had 1284 Fixed heads produced... so a much more common car.
157 LP400's were made, 2,040-2,050 or so Countach's were made in total - so a very rare antediluvian Countach (Before the flood of progressively fatter and more circus themed (Mr. Pagani - is that you?) cars once the company bounced out of receivership in the mid 80's.)

***Rear View.***
The Daytona has a huge view out that big back window.
The Countach - ah the Countach... My Microwave Oven has a better view through the window. The Daytona is the clear winner here but you have to point out how the Countach made things even worse in the 80's by moving the position of the carburettors from the side of the engine to the top later in its lifecycle - So in comparison the LP400 has a panoramic view back there. - But lets be brutally Honest? I'm not going to blackball the for having a letterbox rear view window.

***Engine Note***
Lumbering V12's the Ferrari has that musical sound. The Lamborghini is a bit more urgent. At constant High Speed the Lamborghini was annoying but at Willow Springs both were great. So the car that Excels at High Speed stuff sounds worse at constant high revs...

***Horn***
The Ferrari has the high pitch beep; pass a pretty laydee and the horn has that "Ciao Bella!" Feel. The Lamborghini has a twin horn that has a more "Entrance of the Gladiators" feel to it. (I'll let you search Google for that tune. It is a classic.) Both let you perform an Airhorn burst that is ever so popular on the interweb - but these two cars had them over 40 years ago!

***Weight***
1065kg - Countach LP400
1200kg - Daytona

The Lamborghini is a lean mean clean machine. The 365GTB/4 is not exactly a chunky monkey at 1200kg... but it is still 135kg heavier.

*** Centre of Gravity ***
The Lamborghini has alot of weight over the rear axel. This gives it alot of natural traction but it also makes for a large slice of high speed understeer as the front tyres just can't bite into the road. The 365GTB/4 has a perfect 50:50 split and no such issues.

***0-60***
5.4 seconds for both cars in real life. (I don't do drag race testing, so have a peek in another review for those.)

***Paint chips***
5 Ferrari - has a Dark Blue
7 Lamborghini Has a Silver and Orange (And a Green!)

***Brickyard Flying Lap***
Countach - 59.6
Daytona - 60.4
This was just a 5 lap shot. but I could get the Lambo under a minute on every lap. The Daytona wasn't quite up to it when I was pedalling it.

***Handling***
I took them on a trip to California's Willow Springs. Fastest track west of the Mississippi. "10 Minute races" in A Spec - gave me time to get used to the car and a few laps to set a representative time.

The Lamborghini was nice. Alot of weight at the back but the rear tyres keep on gripping. But back in the 70's the car would not have had Sports Hards...

Look at how narrow those rear tyres are. I ran the same track on progressively less grippy tyres. I'm not sure what grade rubber they had so let us try them all and see if we find a dangerous set!

The car was Good fun, but felt very nervous into fast corners with Big Grip tyres the understeer pushes the car through corners. It isn't a maniac of oversteer, even on Comfort Hards you hard to really abuse the back end to get the outside rear to light up into a drift that I found pretty easy to deal with. Lots of fun to be had on tyres you normally find at the end of a Jetty.

Lamborghini Countach LP400 (ABS=0 TCS=0)
SH - 1m24.5
CS - 1m26.7
CM - 1m29.1
CH - 1m32.6

The Daytona was mugged in the top speed test but on pukka track things seemed to get reversed. The high speed stability of the long sleek front engined car, makes the big turns effortless on Sport Hard Semi Slicks (Maybe 28 laps of practice in the Countach made me a bit more 'on form' when I had was asked to perform some wheelmanship with the Ferrari? - But part of me is thinking the actual Time is the one set on Comfort Hards.)
The car felt rock solid and predictable. That confidence in the car means you have no fear into the corners and you are able to really attack the track from the get go. Perhaps you can do the same with the Lamborghini but off the bat the level of grip felt very easy to gauge in the Ferrari whereas the Lamborghini has a slightly slippery feeling as you brake and enter a corner that didn't inspire me to do much more than prevent the car from running off track.
Comfort Softs and I was still able to thread the sweeper flat and have an easy time getting the car to slow down and in shape for the pivotal final corner.
Mediums and the wheels began to fall off the car was more prone to overworking the tyres and once one tyre goes the cars excellent balance is lost in either a cloud of power oversteer or a locked up understeer through a corner- Like the Countach it has more potential but the weight is beginning to work against the car on more 1970's levels of grip.
Comfort Hards- "Thank you for purchasing this set of Comfort Hard tyres - Your Man Card(tm) has been endorsed - Stay on the edge of adhesion, my friend."
Predictable I guess comes to mind. You can break traction into the sweeper and power slide with ease.

Ferrari 365 GTB/4 (ABS=0 TCS=0)
SH - 1m23.4
CS - 1m25.7
CM - 1m29.3
CH - 1m32.4

So on a real race track the Ferrari edges the Lamborghini! 3-1

This is going nowhere! The Lamborghini is Harder to drive at the limit, it goes faster but its brakes are much more prone to lock ups at the front. The Ferrari is easier in comparison. Which is best depends on, not only how good you are, but how long you can keep it up for. If you lose focus and you end up 20 yards too deep into a brake zone, then you have next to no chance of saving yourself or the Primadonna car.
The Ferrari lets you muck about near the edge and gives you much more "elbow room" in corners to overtake and choose alternate lines.
The Lamborghini is a bit picky on racing lines and isn't best pleased if you have a last moment change of heart over your chosen line - but once you accept that you will need to take baby steps, the car reveals itself to be okay in the twisty bits.

***Willow Springs 20 miler***
Lamborghini Countach LP400
1m20.9 - 11m45.5 (SS Pitstop Lap4)
1m20.5 - 11m43.6 (SS Pitstop Lap4)

Traffic was not really a problem. On SS tyres the Lamborghini is much less of a handful, And it doesn't kill its tyres letting me race the full stint with only a minor concern over the state of my left rear tyre. Fuel it is pretty much perfect - If you downchange a lot you may coast out of fuel out of the last corner. Handling was good.
Ferrari 365GTB/4
1m20.9 - 11m40.5 (SS Pitstop Lap4)
1m20.6 - 11m39.4 (SS Pitstop Lap4)

The Ferrari feels like it has considerably more grip than the Countach High speed corners weight transfer isn't a factor as you are hitting corners flat out so the fundamental high speed understeer is something that greatly limits the potential of a car with more power and less weight. The Daytona Is like the wily old timer who has the experience to just outperform the flash young buck - for now at least. It used its tyres very evenly and if anything was a bit more of a drinker than the Countach but even captain leadfoot couldn't run the V12's out of fuel after just 20 miles of Willow Springs.

***Which car to pick? ***
If you had to pick instantly the Glamourous looks of the Countach will get the win. However, after so many laps in both cars I know the Ferrari is a car I could push every single lap and really ring the neck out of the car. The Lamborghini felt off balance - but not in an eager Lotus 'chasing after every apex you put in front of it' kind of way.

I choose. The Ferrari 365GTB/4
(Ferrari formerly known as Daytona.)
Close but the miles just made the Threesixfivegeeteebeeforwardslashfour feel nearly perfect whereas the shortcomings of the Countach began to annoy.

Last edited:
Ryk
View attachment 485736
LP400 vs 365 GTB/4

Classic fight of the 70's

Can the New Lambo beat the older Fezza?

***Looks ***
This is a tough call. If you like the "cab-forward" sharp angles and looking futuristic then Gandini's Countach will win all day. If like long phallic bonnets with a classic Grand Tourer lines then Fioravanti's 365GTB/4 could be the one. Both are style Icons. the Daytona was such a nice looking car Rover of England based the big bruising V8 SD1 (Used in The UK as 'the' Police Pursuit vehicle for ages.) The Countach? It started a trend for the Clown car - sorry Supercars that followed. Form over functionality. You would assume the Countach was the one that took 7 days to design and then 19 years for the engineers to try to fix the fundamental issues before they threw in the towel and Swapped over to the Diablo. But Fioravanti only took a week to create the Ferrari 365GTB4. (Even God took Sunday off!)

***Historical racing Pedigree ***
The Daytona smokes the Countach on this one. The 365GTB/4 won so many long distance races; a hat trick of class victories at Le Mans and came 2nd outright at Daytona 24 hours in 1979. But the Lamborghini Countach was the Pace car at the Monaco Grand Prix... erm and Okay the 365GTB/4 dominates this bit!

***Once more, with feeling.***
The Daytona was a real star of the actual Cannonball Sea to Shining Sea race when Dan Gurney and Hal Yates drove it. Footage is... rare. But I remember seeing the Ferrari featured in the Gumball Rally film of 1976 when Raul Julia drove a Daytona. The Countach? The only film I can remember it being in was the Cannonball Run with Burt Reynolds et alia. Adrienne Barbeau in the Lamborghini Countach actually win. Spoilers (Front and rear!)

So in the Battle of the Big Screen (Gumball Rally Vs. The Cannonball Run) the Ferrari Daytona only managed 2nd place (To an AC Cobra), the Countach actually won beating the likes of Roger Moore (Aston Martin), Dean Martin (Ferrari) and Jackie Chan (Subaru!).

On the small screen the Daytona was on prime time 1980's show Miami Vice as Crockett's car. In the show it was a GTS/4 soft top and not the GTB/4 Berlinette - but in reality it was a Corvette with a kit car body to make it look like a 365GTB/4!

***Speed. ****
Firstly if you look at the speedometer you will see a bit of a clue as to which is faster. The Ferrari's speedo goes all the way to 160mph, the Countach goes all the way to an incredible 240mph...
But they both lie!
I ran SS7 and the Lamborghini actually hit the rev limiter at 198mph... The gearbox is just about perfectly balanced to exploit the power of the engine. The Daytona just didn't have the grunt. I could only get the Ferrari up to 177mph not quite up to the rev limiter in fifth. Maybe on a long run in a slipstream then you may hit it. So both have well placed top gear ratios. Commendable when you compare them to the American Muscle cars that are all muzzled by their gearboxes. (Italians more practical than Americans... who would have thunk it!)

***Engine***
V12 4390cc - 347bhp - 44 torques - 7700 redline
The Ferrari has a further refined version of the venerable Colombo V12.

V12 3929cc - 374bhp - 37 torques - 8000 redline
The Miura V12 but instead of being mounted sideways (Transversely) it is mounted longitudinally... only they put it in backwards so the power goes forward to the gearbox and then the drive shaft goes under the engine, through the sump, to the rear wheels... And I thought that BRM were the only guys to make engines just a bit more over engineered than it really needed to be!) The Engine was smaller than the original planned 5 litre V12 - but the Miura Engine needed more cooling, so the Lamborghini sprouted various vents and scoops to feed it sips of vital cooling air.

Considering Ferrari value the engine over pretty much everything else on the car, the Lambo has more from less.

***Life Span***
The Daytona came into production in 1968 and was phased out in 1973... just 5 years.
The Countach was displayed in Geneva in 1971, finally entered production in 1974 and was being churned out until 1990 - 16 years.
However...the LP400 version was phased out in 1978 - so maybe it only lasted 4 years?

*** Rarity Value***
The Daytona had 1284 Fixed heads produced... so a much more common car.
157 LP400's were made, 2,040-2,050 or so Countach's were made in total - so a very rare antediluvian Countach (Before the flood of progressively fatter and more circus themed (Mr. Pagani - is that you?) cars once the company bounced out of receivership in the mid 80's.)

***Rear View.***
The Daytona has a huge view out that big back window.
The Countach - ah the Countach... My Microwave Oven has a better view through the window. The Daytona is the clear winner here but you have to point out how the Countach made things even worse in the 80's by moving the position of the carburettors from the side of the engine to the top later in its lifecycle - So in comparison the LP400 has a panoramic view back there. - But lets be brutally Honest? I'm not going to blackball the for having a letterbox rear view window.

***Engine Note***
Lumbering V12's the Ferrari has that musical sound. The Lamborghini is a bit more urgent. At constant High Speed the Lamborghini was annoying but at Willow Springs both were great. So the car that Excels at High Speed stuff sounds worse at constant high revs...

***Horn***
The Ferrari has the high pitch beep; pass a pretty laydee and the horn has that "Ciao Bella!" Feel. The Lamborghini has a twin horn that has a more "Entrance of the Gladiators" feel to it. (I'll let you search Google for that tune. It is a classic.) Both let you perform an Airhorn burst that is ever so popular on the interweb - but these two cars had them over 40 years ago!

***Weight***
1065kg - Countach LP400
1200kg - Daytona

The Lamborghini is a lean mean clean machine. The 365GTB/4 is not exactly a chunky monkey at 1200kg... but it is still 135kg heavier.

*** Centre of Gravity ***
The Lamborghini has alot of weight over the rear axel. This gives it alot of natural traction but it also makes for a large slice of high speed understeer as the front tyres just can't bite into the road. The 365GTB/4 has a perfect 50:50 split and no such issues.

***0-60***
5.4 seconds for both cars in real life. (I don't do drag race testing, so have a peek in another review for those.)

***Paint chips***
5 Ferrari - has a Dark Blue
7 Lamborghini Has a Silver and Orange (And a Green!)

***Brickyard Flying Lap***
Countach - 59.6
Daytona - 60.4
This was just a 5 lap shot. but I could get the Lambo under a minute on every lap. The Daytona wasn't quite up to it when I was pedalling it.

***Handling***
I took them on a trip to California's Willow Springs. Fastest track west of the Mississippi. "10 Minute races" in A Spec - gave me time to get used to the car and a few laps to set a representative time.

The Lamborghini was nice. Alot of weight at the back but the rear tyres keep on gripping. But back in the 70's the car would not have had Sports Hards...

Look at how narrow those rear tyres are. I ran the same track on progressively less grippy tyres. I'm not sure what grade rubber they had so let us try them all and see if we find a dangerous set!

The car was Good fun, but felt very nervous into fast corners with Big Grip tyres the understeer pushes the car through corners. It isn't a maniac of oversteer, even on Comfort Hards you hard to really abuse the back end to get the outside rear to light up into a drift that I found pretty easy to deal with. Lots of fun to be had on tyres you normally find at the end of a Jetty.

Lamborghini Countach LP400 (ABS=0 TCS=0)
SH - 1m24.5
CS - 1m26.7
CM - 1m29.1
CH - 1m32.6

The Daytona was mugged in the top speed test but on pukka track things seemed to get reversed. The high speed stability of the long sleek front engined car, makes the big turns effortless on Sport Hard Semi Slicks (Maybe 28 laps of practice in the Countach made me a bit more 'on form' when I had was asked to perform some wheelmanship with the Ferrari? - But part of me is thinking the actual Time is the one set on Comfort Hards.)
The car felt rock solid and predictable. That confidence in the car means you have no fear into the corners and you are able to really attack the track from the get go. Perhaps you can do the same with the Lamborghini but off the bat the level of grip felt very easy to gauge in the Ferrari whereas the Lamborghini has a slightly slippery feeling as you brake and enter a corner that didn't inspire me to do much more than prevent the car from running off track.
Comfort Softs and I was still able to thread the sweeper flat and have an easy time getting the car to slow down and in shape for the pivotal final corner.
Mediums and the wheels began to fall off the car was more prone to overworking the tyres and once one tyre goes the cars excellent balance is lost in either a cloud of power oversteer or a locked up understeer through a corner- Like the Countach it has more potential but the weight is beginning to work against the car on more 1970's levels of grip.
Comfort Hards- "Thank you for purchasing this set of Comfort Hard tyres - Your Man Card(tm) has been endorsed - Stay on the edge of adhesion, my friend."
Predictable I guess comes to mind. You can break traction into the sweeper and power slide with ease.

Ferrari 365 GTB/4 (ABS=0 TCS=0)
SH - 1m23.4
CS - 1m25.7
CM - 1m29.3
CH - 1m32.4

So on a real race track the Ferrari edges the Lamborghini! 3-1

This is going nowhere! The Lamborghini is Harder to drive at the limit, it goes faster but its brakes are much more prone to lock ups at the front. The Ferrari is easier in comparison. Which is best depends on, not only how good you are, but how long you can keep it up for. If you lose focus and you end up 20 yards too deep into a brake zone, then you have next to no chance of saving yourself or the Primadonna car.
The Ferrari lets you muck about near the edge and gives you much more "elbow room" in corners to overtake and choose alternate lines.
The Lamborghini is a bit picky on racing lines and isn't best pleased if you have a last moment change of heart over your chosen line - but once you accept that you will need to take baby steps, the car reveals itself to be okay in the twisty bits.

***Willow Springs 20 miler***
1m20.9 - 11m45.5 (SS Pitstop Lap4)
1m20.5 - 11m43.6 (SS Pitstop Lap4)

Traffic was not really a problem. On SS tyres the Lamborghini is much less of a handful, And it doesn't kill its tyres letting me race the full stint with only a minor concern over the state of my left rear tyre. Fuel it is pretty much perfect - If you downchange a lot you may coast out of fuel out of the last corner. Handling was good.
Ferrari 365GTB/4
1m20.9 - 11m40.5 (SS Pitstop Lap4)
1m20.6 - 11m39.4 (SS Pitstop Lap4)

The Ferrari feels like it has considerably more grip than the Countach High speed corners weight transfer isn't a factor as you are hitting corners flat out so the fundamental high speed understeer is something that greatly limits the potential of a car with more power and less weight. The Daytona Is like the wily old timer who has the experience to just outperform the flash young buck - for now at least. It used its tyres very evenly and if anything was a bit more of a drinker than the Countach but even captain leadfoot couldn't run the V12's out of fuel after just 20 miles of Willow Springs.

***Which car to pick? ***
If you had to pick instantly the Glamourous looks of the Countach will get the win. However, after so many laps in both cars I know the Ferrari is a car I could push every single lap and really ring the neck out of the car. The Lamborghini felt off balance - but not in an eager Lotus 'chasing after every apex you put in front of it' kind of way.

I choose. The Ferrari 365GTB/4
(Ferrari formerly known as Daytona.)
Close but the miles just made the Threesixfivegeeteebeeforwardslashfour feel nearly perfect whereas the shortcomings of the Countach began to annoy.
Very nice review Ryk 👍

I'll start with the Ferrari. It's almost a standard for Ferrari to make good looking cars, and this is no exception. Of course with good looks, there comes a price. $550,000 to be exact. I cheated on this one and used the one the game gives as a courtesy car instead ;). Anyways, how does it drive? In GT6 it feels quite loose, but gripped to the road. That helps quite a bit because you can go I to most corners with this and feel safe upon exit. So, is it worth the extra $300k over the Countach?

The Countach. Many people had this as their drem caf back in the 80s, with all the posters and stuff. It has the exact opposite design of the Ferrari, by sporting sharp and straight lines instead of the curves and flows of its predecessor, the Miura. In GT6 I would say it has a little bit of understeer, though on the straights it has really good acceleration since it is considerably lighter. This car too feels safe on most corners, you just have to to slower than its opponent.

It was very close to choose between these two. Then one thing came to mind. Aero parts. The Ferrari has aa custom front fender while the Countach gets the famous wing that came on later models, and for that reason I'm gonna choose the Countach on this one.

Lap times. 3 laps on Indy Road Course, no aids except ABS: 1

365 GTB4: 1:47.122
Countach: 1:46.846

The Countach is about .3 seconds faster. The votes?

365 GTB/4: 3
Countach: 3

It's a tie! You know what that means....

Sudden Death

Each car was tested one lap on Indy Road Course again, regardless of going off track and hitting barriers.

365 GTB/4: 1:47.524
Countach: 1:47.309

And the winner is.....

Lamborghini-Countach-LP400.jpg

The 1974 Countach LP-400!!!

It's been a while since we had to do a tie breaker, and in the end the Lambo triumphed. Be sure to stop back tomorrow for the next duel of the week!​

Duel of the week
LP'400 VS 365 GTB4

23409297085_f04532b5e8.jpg

This Duel of the week is very special, we have two historic originals responsible for the super cars we so desire today. In this duel of the week we have the two Italian powerhouse Ferrari vs Lamborghini. We have the 1974 LP-400 and the 1971 365 GTB4 to duke it out to find this week winner in DOTW. As usual lets go over the specs of both cars before getting into detail.

23326012911_2ffed5bc8c_m.jpg

74 Lamborghini Countach LP400
Engine 3.9 V-12
Power 379 hp @ 8000 rpm
Torque 260 lb-ft @ 5,500 rpm
Drivetrain MR(Mid engine rear wheel drive)
Transmission 5 speed manual
Driving Aid's ABS No TCS No ASM No
Tires/Wheels Michelin XWX 205/70 F.14 R.14 (Comfort Hards)
Wheelbase 96.5
Weight 2348 lb
Base price $225,255 to 1 million
Price as tested $unknown

23382404136_06e6a8eb92_m.jpg

71 Ferrari 365 GTB4
Engine
4.4 V-12
Power 347 @ 7300 rpm
Torque 318 lb-ft @5,500 rpm
Drivetrain FR (Font engine rear wheel drive)
Transmission 5 speed manual
Driving Aid's ABS No TCS No ASM No
Tires/Wheels Michelin XWX 215/70 F.15 R.15 (Comfort Hards)
Wheelbase 98.2
Weight 2645 lb
Base price $225,231 to 1 million
Price as tested $unknown

General information- The Countach LP400 is a very special car for many reasons, first and for most it had hard expectation living up to what the Miura brought to the table. If you know anything about that beautiful machine you know what I am talking about. When building this car Lamborghini wanted something new and bold. In doing so, you could say the Countach is responsible for the exotic in your modern super car today. With such bold and sharp lines the press had never seen such a car. The revealing of the Countach in 71 at the Geneva motor show left everyone in awe. All you rich ass people driving your modern Lamborghini, you can thank the Countach, as it was the benchmark for the future Lamborghini with its MR layout. The birth Of the Countach wasn't easy however, after the prototype was shown to the public it wasn't put into production into after two years.

Exterior- Looking at the Lamborghini from the outside you can see why this machine was the benchmark on how a super car should look. With its sharp lines, wide body panels and just overall exotic look you would question was this really produced in the 70's? The flip up lights are bad ass and just gives the car that nostalgic look. I couldn't imagine having something like this in the 70's matter fact even today when driving this car it turns peoples head. That's what part of the name Countach means " wow look at that." Once you see the doors flip up which I must say are very sturdy you see why this car was on the wall of every young kids in the 80''s

22781399163_2a671a7332_m.jpg
23326012911_2ffed5bc8c_n.jpg

23382404806_796f2edb70_m.jpg

Interior- The interior of the Lamborghini is pretty subtle and basic. Again this is the 70's so with the that mind I give it a passing grade. The seats are very comfortable and with my skinny frame they held me tightly through spirited driving. One thing you will immediately notice is the seating position is low, this is a good thing in my opinion , it gives the driver good visibility and makes the sensation of speed better. You would think because of the low seating position your head should not hit the roof, this is not the case if your 6"3 and over. You will end up with crook neck after a hour of driving this bad boy. Hey it's a super car right, there's always going to be a compromising situation when owning one.

22781398183_55f1e96ffd.jpg

The classic stick was great looking, but a challenge to keep clean gear changing.

Driving impressions- G27 with clutch, manual shifting No ABS, TCS, ASM, Brake balance 2F 0R

Street-(Andalusia) The Countach in my opinion is definitely fun on back road. I mean it's a super car, so when cruising expect to have little kids screaming that's my car. You will have men giving you that look of approval, and last but not least you'll have the women giving you that omg that's such a exotic looking car you are rich right face. Just talking about what really matter the Lamborghini might be a little to much on the streets. It's not what you would call punchy, the torque numbers won't blow your lid, but it does has a lot of power! What you find your self doing when driving the Lamborghini is adventuring for that power. Your going to have to climb up that RPM gauge to find it though, and that's when the troubled begins. I found my self having to brake late because I was addicted to the power climb, this cause a lot of understeer. The brakes are decent and get the job done but late braking on the street can be a little scary in the Countach. Obviously this car has no ABS stability or traction control so it pretty much you and car. Any wrong inputs would have you easily off road. Overall the Lamborghini is a good car but on everyday driving I would be a little tentative.
Crooked Pass 5:58.5 *Stipulation Must stay in one lane at all times for valid time.

23326014301_3d5c8c97da.jpg

Those are not for show baby! Those big vents keep the engine cool.

Track- On the track the Lamborghini feels at home. It can stretch it's legs without having to worry about cramping up as on the streets. You notice how the brakes work a little better on the track because you can hit it's potential easily without having to dare the Lamborghini rpm's to climb high on a twisty road. Because of it's small tires I didn't push it to the max, I'm still in shock how skinny the stock Michelin equipped tires on the Lamborghini are.
Mazda Laguna Seca 1:50.6 *Stipulation 2 lap max because of stock tires.

Final thoughts- The LP-400 is an amazing car especially for it's time. Being one of the first super car setting the standard for how a super car should be made, driving this car was amazing experience. I don't think I would drive this everyday, but when you get in this car and experience the rawness, joy, and aura I could easily see myself looking for any excuse to take it out.

Ferrari 365 GTB4

General information- When I heard that we were testing out a Ferrari in DOTW I had to tell myself be fair during this comparison. I do like Ferrari's... OK OK I love Ferrari's That Ferrari red Paint has a special spot for my red heart. Now back to your regularly schedule program, The Ferrari 365 GTB4 or the Daytona a name giving by the media because of it's dominance there is a special car. The last front engine V12 of its era, the 365 impressed the critics at the 1968 Paris show showing up with a top speed of 170 and some, which at the time was a super car benchmark.

Exterior- This is just a beautiful car, and unlike the Countach the lines are smooth and subtle. The original designer Lionardi Fioavanti worked on the car for seven straight days not taking a break. I man damn even the guy up stairs took off his work boots one day. Showing Sergio Pininfarina and Enzo Ferrari his idea's and getting the OK Lionardi Fioavanti said the 365 GTB4 was his best work. Me seeing this car up close and personal I gotta say I'm in love with it. The long nose with the short back is just really makes this car looks so attractive, I actually like the styling of this car better than the Lamborghini. The pop up head lights are unique. It had to be this way in order to meet US regulations. The signal light wrap from the front and side bumper. My favorite part though is he short back end of the car, with the sexy quad lighting which you will find on all Ferrari's. You wont get looks from people as you would with the Lamborghini, but still it is a sexy car. Any true enthusiast could easily see that.

23112794140_b989bbca73_n.jpg
23382404136_06e6a8eb92_n.jpg

23408578045_710d83e7ea_n.jpg

Interior- The interior of this car is just beautiful and gives you that classic Italian feel. When you see the Ferrari steering wheels it gives you chills just to grab. The seats are leather and softer thank your mom shoulder after needing it, because your first girlfriend dumped you. The gauge cluster is classic Ferrari giving you everything you need to succeed. The dash bored is just beautiful warped in sued. This car features no AC but still has a cool features within the interior. This is a classic GT interior comfortable and functional making driving this around town a great experience.

22781399513_e28356d057.jpg

The classic Ferrari wheel is just pure beautify

Driving Impressions-G27 with clutch, manual shifting No ABS, TCS, ASM, Brake balance 2F 0R

Street-(Andalusia) Taking the 365 on the twisty road of crooked path was just a blast. The power band seems a lot more useful than the Countach, the Ferrari does have more torque. This is another car with no electronics to help your driving, so careful inputs such as braking and throttle response is a must. The V12 sounds spectacular in and outside the cabin and when getting on a straight this classic hauls ass. It makes you just smile and appreciate this hand built machine driving it on your public road.
Crooked pass Time trial 5:37.1 *Stipulation Must stay in one lane at all times for valid time.

Track- You gotta love going to the track, it's a place where you can really see the true performance of your vehicle. The Ferrari just as the Lamborghini feels comfortable at the track. Don't going get me wrong your going get the body roll and the brake lock up, but you also get the satisfaction of using the true performance of the car. You really see what the V12 is made of and how the suspension even though not the stiffest can still hold it's own on the track. The Ferrari was a pleasure driving on track.
Mazda Laguna Seca Time trial 1:50.4 *Stipulation 2 lap max because of stock tires.

23300091662_506ee5e463.jpg

You can thank these in part for the beautiful noise the throttle commands.

Final thoughts- The 365 GTB4 is a wonderful car. With it's sleek, simple and sexy lines I could understated why Lionardi Fioavanti felt the way he felt. Because of this DOTW I got to experience a car I have never thought I would connect with in so many ways. This 365 GTB4 is another statement on why I love the elegance of Ferrari.

Verdict- As in life somebody has to win and somebody has to loose, but in honestly there is no looser. both classic cars are benchmarks in automotive history. Whether it is the exotic styling of the Countach that set up a trend on how super cars should be bold and conceded, or how a classic GT GTB4 is the recipe of every modern GT today. In the end I found the Ferrari GTB4 to have more of an impact on me than the Countach. It was a pleasure reviewing both classics in Duel of the Week. Stay tuned for next week to see what cars will have to battle for supremacy!

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm a little late on this, but this week's duel is.....

1989_Izuzu_4200R_05.jpg

The 1989 Isuzu 4200R Concept

vs

infiniticoupe-offl00001.jpg

The 2007 Infiniti Coupe Concept!!!
(Thanks to @MrWaflz55 for the suggestion)

Quite an interesting matchup we have this week. Sports car against a coupe? Take a drive and let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions, feel free to start a conversation with me!​

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm a little late on this, but this week's duel is.....

1989_Izuzu_4200R_05.jpg

The 1989 Isuzu 4200R Concept

vs

infiniti_fx45-promo-nissan-inifinit-07.jpg

The 2002 Infiniti FX45 Concept!!!

(Thanks to @MrWaflz55 for the suggestion)

Quite an interesting matchup we have this week. Sports car against SUV? Take a drive and let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions, feel free to start a conversation with me!​

O, I didn't mean the fx45, I meant the coupe.
I'll post some lap times to see if the suv is competitive

O, I didn't mean the fx45, I meant the coupe.
I'll post some lap times to see if the suv is competitive
I fixed the post so it now has the Coupe Concept instead of the FX45. Sorry for the mistake :indiff:.

I fixed the post so it now has the Coupe Concept instead of the FX45. Sorry for the mistake :indiff:.

It's fine, but I did finish lapping them and got a 2:24.994 and a 2:25.095, with the fx45 being the slower, so it is competitive but very hard to drive, it took me three laps just to get it close to the 4200r, so this is a little more fair.

It's Thursday and there are no reviews yet? Time to fix that.

Both of these concept cars are very competitive, with each of their best times being within a second of each other. They are also evenly matched in performance points, at 458 PP. Though one of them comes out the clear victor. We have a futuristic sports car concept from the 80s, complete with its own fax machine, and the other was brought into production as an Infiniti G35.

Mountain Trial:
4200R - 1:50.739
Infiniti - 1:51.035

City Trial:
4200R - 1:36.216
Infiniti - 1:36.848

This duel's focus was on the intrinsic difference between the behaviors of front-engined and mid-engined cars. The straight-line performance of both cars felt very equal, and they were both fairly responsive in corners. Both cars kick the tail-end out on corners given enough throttle, but while the Isuzu was a little more rambunctious, it wound up being slightly faster than the Infiniti.

One can enjoy either car, but the Isuzu wins this one.

Isn't the Infiniti Coupe Concept the V36 concept ? hate the way GT6 is so mysterious about stats, but it felt very Skyline V36 in terms of power and weight and looks.

no review yet. But check out the rear sun roof in the Infiniti...

I'm actually in the market for an Infiniti G35. Coupe. In black. With a clutch pedal.

Not quite a G37, much less this one-of-a-kind pre-G37. Now, I wouldn't be averse a G37S but those are a bit out of my budget.

This is an example of what I'm looking for, minus the wheels, and I'm looking to pay less than $10,000.

img_2442.jpg

The sedan version speaks to my practical side, but, its styling isn't as sporty as the coupe. Typical of sedans with coupe counterparts, like the Civic. I prefer the ninth-gen sedan Civic Si over the coupe for some weird reason. I bet that will change when the 2017 Civic Si comes out in a few months.

IMG_6893.jpg

Anyway, being that I haven't tested the Infiniti Coupe Concept at Mid-Field yet, it's time to see how it compares with the Isuzu 4200R.

Just spent 15 minutes on it and my best time is a high 1:23

Now, I hadn't played GT6 since 2 or 3 weeks ago, but I know I'm not capable of a 1:22 even if I had never stopped playing. I didn't think I would do better than my 1:24.1 but I kept at it, and got lucky with this lap. I'll upload the video tonight, if I remember to. At least we know the Infiniti is slower, but not by more than mere tenths of a second, though it comes out to be 9 tenths...

I'm actually in the market for an Infiniti G35. Coupe. In black. With a clutch pedal.

Not quite a G37, much less this one-of-a-kind pre-G37. Now, I wouldn't be averse a G37S but those are a bit out of my budget.

This is an example of what I'm looking for, minus the wheels, and I'm looking to pay less than $10,000.

img_2442.jpg

The sedan version speaks to my practical side, but, its styling isn't as sporty as the coupe. Typical of sedans with coupe counterparts, like the Civic. I prefer the ninth-gen sedan Civic Si over the coupe for some weird reason. I bet that will change when the 2017 Civic Si comes out in a few months.

IMG_6893.jpg

Anyway, being that I haven't tested the Infiniti Coupe Concept at Mid-Field yet, it's time to see how it compares with the Isuzu 4200R.

Just spent 15 minutes on it and my best time is a high 1:23

Now, I hadn't played GT6 since 2 or 3 weeks ago, but I know I'm not capable of a 1:22 even if I had never stopped playing. I didn't think I would do better than my 1:24.1 but I kept at it, and got lucky with this lap. I'll upload the video tonight, if I remember to. At least we know the Infiniti is slower, but not by more than mere tenths of a second, though it comes out to be 9 tenths...
Bro I'm looking for a 350Z also and we both live in jersey! Good luck with that, I def want you to try my settings from my personal league for those cars. My family's and friends are die hard car enthusiast and we try to emulate real life parts with those from GT6. It's not for the fastest driver but that person looking to mimic their real life car and situations to GT6. It's crazy fun and brings GT6 to another level for me that's why I never get bored of this game. If you have free time def Join my room for some realistic fun!

It's Thursday and there are no reviews yet? Time to fix that.

Both of these concept cars are very competitive, with each of their best times being within a second of each other. They are also evenly matched in performance points, at 458 PP. Though one of them comes out the clear victor. We have a futuristic sports car concept from the 80s, complete with its own fax machine, and the other was brought into production as an Infiniti G35.

Mountain Trial:
4200R - 1:50.739
Infiniti - 1:51.035

City Trial:
4200R - 1:36.216
Infiniti - 1:36.848

This duel's focus was on the intrinsic difference between the behaviors of front-engined and mid-engined cars. The straight-line performance of both cars felt very equal, and they were both fairly responsive in corners. Both cars kick the tail-end out on corners given enough throttle, but while the Isuzu was a little more rambunctious, it wound up being slightly faster than the Infiniti.

One can enjoy either car, but the Isuzu wins this one.
Mine will most likely be here Saturday, I'm busy these week nights and still need to collect some more data. Plus I'm thinking of changing my banners up a bit

Versus Series.jpg

"2006 Infiniti Coupe Concept vs 1989 Izusu 4200R Review/Comparison"
"Let's introduce these two to the concept of comparison"
image.jpeg

~SPECS~
Horsepower:
Isuzu: 299hp Infiniti: 330hp
Torque: Isuzu: 316.6 Ft-lb Infiniti: 271 Ft-lb
PP: Both have 458pp
Weight: Isuzu: 1500kg Infiniti: 1665kg
Displacement: Isuzu: 4200cc Infiniti: G37 Coupe with 330hp VQ37 V6 has 3969cc
Price as Tested: Isuzu: 300,000cr Infiniti: 60,000cr

Welcome to this week's unique edition of Versus Comparisons, where two sporty concept cars will compete for the overall vote, time to see who will stop the show and who will get sent home packing.

Round 1: Shakedown Lap
Shakedown Final.jpg

In round 1, I take both cars down to the track to see who can put the best time down, and get a feel for the cars. The Isuzu is more athletic through the corners due to the lower weight and the mid engine layout, but the Infiniti is more stable and controlled. Both cars packed a punch accelerating and were a joy to drive.

The results are in:
Isuzu: 2:24.994
Infiniti 2:25.299
Gap: +0.705

The Isuzu put in the better lap, and thus gets the point here.

Round 2: Drag Race
Drag Race Final.jpg

Both cars were very agile during acceleration, but the Isuzu with the larger engine and more torque pulled away until about 9/10ths of the way down the track, then the Infiniti pulled out it's secret weapon:
The 6th gear!
But it wasn't enough and lost...

Isuzu: 1:09.423
Infiniti: 1:10.097
Gap: +0.674

Point goes to the Isuzu 4200r

Round 3: Paint Chips
Paint Chips Final.jpg

There are no paint chips, and you can paint both cars. Moving on.

Round 4: Customization
Customization Final.jpg

Both have no Aero and both have only one size of wheels. Moving on.

Round 5: Tuning
Tuning Final.jpg

Both have full options for tuning. Moving on.

Round 6: Sound
Sound Final.jpg

I think the Coupe has a very high, revvy engine that is a pleasure to listen too, but the Isuzu has a nice, deep tone that I love to listen to even more. Despite hating pretty much all the sound.

Point goes to the Isuzu 4200r

Round 7: Design and Styling
Design and Styling Final.jpg

I love the way the 4200r looks, and the obscure 90's supercar feel you get from looking at it. Right at home on a classic Top Gear reel, but I also give props to the Coupe for having been made into an actual road car, so the styling is a little more functional over there. Plus the blue headers.

Props to both

Round 8 (Final): Drifting and Online Popularity.
Drifting Final.jpg

For drifting, I have to give instant points to the Coupe concept for being better than the 4200r at it, and appearing online a lot more often. I feel like the 4200r has all but been forgotten online, but I don't doubt it's ability to go sideways.

Point goes to the Infiniti Coupe Concept

Final Thoughts
Final Thoughts Final.jpg

Well, now it's time for my final thoughts. The Infiniti Coupe looks very nice and puts up a fight with the 4200r very nicely. But the 4200r is just simply put, a better car. So with the 4-2 victory over the Infiniti, the

4200r Gets the vote!

And now, the verdict is...

Buy A Real Car!!!

See you next week with another review and updated banners!
:cheers:

Isuzu 4200 vs the Infiniti V36 Coupe Prototype.

Well from the sublime to the...

First Looks and bias. (Without playing GT6)

I'd driven the Isuzu a bit in GT5 - nice enough but not a super stunner. The Infiniti... Now it reminds me of the Skyline that was not a GT-R back in GT4 - A FR car that was uninspiring (But more fun to drive than the GT-R.)

The Isuzu looks like a Concept - so it isn't perfect but at least it is a bit bold in the lines. To me it looks a bit long in the rear overhang area but the positives elsewhere more than make up for this oddity. The Infiniti... (I'll have to look at the car before I can really judge it but from the picture I did see it was a slab sided Brick. Maybe it could look a bit mean at the front. the kind of car Joe Schmoe would think a Mafia wiseguy would drive. (Enough room drive 4 in comfort and room for two more in squalid darkness in the boot!)

---

Gah an GT6 update - that always fills me with dread as it can muck everything up... but what was it for... to prevent an exploit of running a user made track in Career mode... - wow hardly super urgent.

So in a grumpy mood I looked at the cars in the Fashion of Bernard Black, (Black Books - UK/Irish Comedy from 10 or so years ago with the misanthrope Bookstore owner being the man in question)

Isuzu - Looks quite daring but the back end is yikes! seats four... so it has that Porsche Panamera vibe to it of a nice looking car distorted to cram in two more passengers... Nuh-O. It has some really nice lines in the rest of the car but the back end is craptacular.

Infiniti - Oh a rebadged Nissan... Are the Americans so fickle they won't buy Japanese stuff. (Acura... Scion... Better not tell them Kobe Beef isn't named after the Lazy Basketballerist for the L.A.Fakers!)

V36 Coupe Concept... alot of hidden guff (Mystery Stats) here - that did not please me or my grumpy alterego. Basically a 3.6 litre V6 more power but more weight and more weight at the front, so more "understeeru" as they say in the Infiniti Factory.

Paint Chips -
Isuzu has a SIlver
Infiniti has a Bronzed Silver (Maybe an Electrum (Silver/Gold alloy)) - But I'll stick with Bronze as it isn't a winner.

Plus points
I V36 has no door mirrors... Who is drving this thing Snow White? - I guess it should punch up the picture of what is behind you on the centre console screen... but I saw nothing.
However not all is bad with the Infiniti - If you sit in the back seats you get a huge overhead glass roof... Which means you won't have to suffer driving it.

Speed.
The Isuzu smoked the Infiniti at St Monica - And I can see the 4200R going faster as I learnt to balance the car. the V36 Coupe Concept was just a big old brick.

---

Winner... Can I get a Mazda RX7 instead? I have to pick one?

The 4200R from the front and it is a stunner, fro the rear 3/4 view you will gouge out your own eyes with a nearby object. It is like someone stuck a great front end of a car and then they got the yips and totally scuppered the back end.

After the perfection of of last week I nearly have to play... Wheel of the Worst here
The Infinit has bland boring brick like lines.
The big vice for the Isuzu is it tried to fit 4 people into the car which jammed the engine further back so it has a huge long tail backend.

Winner
The 4200R was much more fun to drive and from the front is really good looking. And just look at where the steering wheel is - it is totally Right! while the Infiniti is Left for dead.

Last edited:
Let's start with the 4200R. It's almost unbelievable to think that a lesser known manufacturer like Isuzu would pull something like this. Nonetheless, its quite futuristic looking and was a joy in GT6. Since this is a mid engine car, it should be sliding through the corners, right? Well that does happen, but there's something keeping it from loosing control. It would've been very interesting to have seen this car be put into production.

The Coupe Concept. Kind of a boring name, and kind of a boring looking car. My highlight on this one is the tinted headlights, which look good especially when the car is painted black. On track its close to the Isuzu, in fact a bit too close. Another point goes to this car because it felt slightly more planted to the road than the 4200R. Even though this car actually made it into production, my vote still goes to the 4200R for its futuristic, frog faced looks.

Both cars were tested at Midfield, no aids except ABS: 1.

4200R: 1:23.122
Coupe Concept: 1:23.951

The votes:

4200R: 4
Coupe Concept: 0 :indiff:

And the clear winner is.....

1989_Izuzu_4200R_01.jpg

The 1989 4200R!!!

Not the first time we've had a blowout here on the Duel of the Week. It could be worse though, but in the end, the Isuzu triumphed. Be sure to stop here tomorrow for the next duel of the week!​

This week I chose two unlikely rivals that surprisingly have very close lap times. This week's duel is.....

2009-Alfa-Romeo-8C-Competizione-Image-08.jpg

The 2008 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

vs

TVR-Cerbera-Speed-6-Car-Modification.jpg

The 1997 TVR Cerbera Speed 6!!!

Italian vs British should be an interesting one. Let me know what you think of these two and cast your vote. If you have any suggestions, feel free to start a conversation with me!​

Back