GT6 Harder?

• Thread starter Islaygaz
  • 63 comments
Scotland
Scotland
islaygaz
Hey guys. I haven't played GT6 in about 3 months but picked it up again when I saw the new custom wing update (which wasn't as good as I thought it would be) and found the game a bit harder than I remember! Has anyone else noticed this or am I just out of practice?

Yea and the seasonals. I used to gold comfortably after a couple of warm up laps but now i'm just scraping silver. Will give it time and see if it is just practice.

They have made the gold times harder. Only assuming because the majority are using SRF and getting gold isn't considered a challenge. So they adjusted it with SRF in mind.

I want GT7 to have all the tests from GT4. Such a variety of challenges, and they all tested your ability to the limits.
That would be awesome ... I expected that from GT6 ... what a disappointment that was for me ...

I laughed when I saw how easy they made the Vettel Challenge compared to 5. Cut corners, drive off the track, ram the other car, it's all fine!
Sad really don't you agree?

The game harder no, the seasonals maybe.
I would agree with this. The seasonals are definitely harder than in GT5. In GT5 I could just add parts to get the car close to the pp limit and then it'd be relatively straighforward to gold. Now it seems I need to reach the pp and get a half decent tune on the car as well. I am however now using a wheel and no TC(rather than the default 5), so it could just be I am a touch slower than in GT5.

Sad really don't you agree?

Quite. I'd hate to think how some younger players would deal with older games, even SNES and Megadrive games were unforgivably hard and I'm pretty sure the older stuff before my time was even harder. You still get the odd tough game these days but most of them are much, much easier than years gone by. Gran Turismo is a clear example of this.

I don't think I ever golded this on GT3.

Quite. I'd hate to think how some younger players would deal with older games, even SNES and Megadrive games were unforgivably hard and I'm pretty sure the older stuff before my time was even harder. You still get the odd tough game these days but most of them are much, much easier than years gone by. Gran Turismo is a clear example of this.

I don't think I ever golded this on GT3.

Now-a-days its all about hoarding trophies;
I'm more of a "completist" hence the love for GT license tests and missions ...

Hahaha just last year I bought a memorycardreader for PS3 just to be able to continue with GT4 again ...
Now I have to put in GT3 as well ... just to check ... (I will check it this weekend)

Now-a-days its all about hoarding trophies;
I'm more of a "completist" hence the love for GT license tests and missions ...

Hahaha just last year I bought a memorycardreader for PS3 just to be able to continue with GT4 again ...
Now I have to put in GT3 as well ... just to check ... (I will check it this weekend)
I have a slim, can't play PS2 games on mine :(

I remember one of the harder license tests was with Mitsubishi Evo at Tsukuba in GT4 Prologue. It was quite tough to get gold there...

...or maybe I was just too slow then... :)

Last edited:
I agree the seasonal time trials are much harder now..
Although some aliens managed to beat it 5-7 seconds under the Gold time.

Compared to the S-License tests of the older games GT6 time trials are ridiculously easy, presumably to please kids that cry if they can't beat everything in a game these days.
Kind of ironic that the most difficult versions of the games sold 10-14 million copies and the easiest by far has sold just over 2 million:lol: Seems PD is going in the wrong direction in both difficulty and sales. 💡

GT6 has also been getting easier with all the updates (mindless tweaking) to the physics, especially the way they're been progressively nerfing the MR cars.

Haven't done the seasonal events in a while. I know a couple of them are kind of hard to gold, but not impossible. I just don't like to repeat stuff over and over, so I just move on to the next one if it takes me more than three tries. I'm an old gamer, by the way. I guess I don't have the patience that I used to have when I was younger.

Compared to the S-License tests of the older games GT6 time trials are ridiculously easy, presumably to please kids that cry if they can't beat everything in a game these days.
You realise Its only a game right ?

I had not played for 2-3 months myself and decided to try the FXX seasonal yesterday. Usually I just had to do a few warm up laps before i got gold, but this i still haven't golded. No aids of course, but you have to drive pretty perfectly to get gold without SRF. I know i'm rusty after so long time, but still this is a lot harder than what i'm used to in GT6 :) After i gold it i will switch on SRF and see how many seconds i improve :)

EDIT: I guess what rust causes is to reduce consistency, which is my main problem. If i'm faster the first half of the lap, i mess up in the later half.. But still. I'm enjoying it though, i only wish we had this difficulty with SRF forced off.

Back