GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
Couldn't resist a few attempts at this.. my first clean saved race but a good few restarts to get it and most were lap 4 or 5 disasters haha :P Chris was right about the 04 111r... It's a little rocket and handles great đź‘Ť

IMG_0605.JPG

Lap times were...

1'32.550
1'30.946
1'30.744
1'31.266
1'30.292

I wanted a 1'29 but the AI make it difficult đź‘Ž A good challenge though as there's probably a sub 8'30 race time which could push D.Papp under 8'40 :) :cheers:

Couldn't resist a few attempts at this.. my first clean saved race but a good few restarts to get it and most were lap 4 or 5 disasters haha :P Chris was right about the 04 111r... It's a little rocket and handles great đź‘Ť

View attachment 267885

Lap times were...

1'32.550
1'30.946
1'30.744
1'31.266
1'30.292

I wanted a 1'29 but the AI make it difficult đź‘Ž A good challenge though as there's probably a sub 8'30 race time which could push D.Papp under 8'40 :) :cheers:
Very good time. :cheers: and as you said the AI make it difficult at times to get a clean lap in. :mad:

Holy freakin'---I'm running out of expletives, ejaculations, and even exclaimations.

This is truly astonishing.

It's amazing to see the amount of raw driving and racing talent in here. Time to work on that Challenge Wall again.

*goes to fetch ladder, muttering under breath.

Holy ... There are some fast racers out here. Well, doesn't really surprise me that the lead times drop now that the big guns are out and blazing.. Talking about Stotty and Mr P. Just, wow.

No way for me to grasp the lead now. But, I did however try the 111R and on my second race I did manage to get Papp to drive a race of 8:47. My time was 8:42 and best lap 1:31.x. Tremendous egoboost for me to see that I could drive a race nearly at the pace of someone like Stotty.

Not quite yet at gold pace but some improvement to be seen here. Really liking these challenges.

@Stotty - Gee, man - you blow me away. As usual đź‘Ť Could be all that experience with the NFS AI. :lol:
Sorry you never had the time to make the wall: the champs are falling so fast, as the challenge is constantly being met by a new challenger - and beaten!

The Pappster is a hero!
But, still . . . no mercy. Players whom he tortured must be avenged. :D

8 second improvement is funny as heck.

There is no doubt at all now that the Rabbits adjust to our demands. They're intuitive, skilled, and will pace you - whether you drive fast to win or just make it to the line.
In other words - they will always do their best to race you close.

What more could you ask from opponents?

Did the Tsukuba race using the wr-x 22-b. Race time of 5.27.xx, and Mr Katayama, driving his Supra, turned in a 5.44.00, so had him going. Love this race.

Did the Tsukuba race using the wr-x 22-b. Race time of 5.27.xx, and Mr Katayama, driving his Supra, turned in a 5.44.00, so had him going. Love this race.

If you have some graphic evidence of that would be swell! This means Katayama is making a comeback!

Maybe if you knock a few seconds off your time he will start to nibble at the bait and rush you hoping to catch up and cut his time down further.

It will be difficult to get Papp under 8'40... :boggled: Sometimes he's just slow at overtaking the slower cars, I suppose.

20141207_165656.jpg

20141207_173237.jpg

I really like this seasonal, I'm even starting to like Brands Hatch :eek:

Papp did 8:42:019?! :rolleyes:

What is this Rabbit really capable of?

Good show, Sutuki. You showed him who's the boss.
GTPlanet has also proved that when given a challenge - members are not only up to that challenge but will blow it to smithereens. Well done.

More Rabbit Stew, anyone?

I really like this seasonal, I'm even starting to like Brands Hatch :eek:

I'm beginning to think everyone has their favourite among the 3 Seasonals. For me it's the Intermediate Seasonal. I thought I would get hooked on the Japanese '90s and stay hooked, but I visited Italy for a quick fly-by, then realised just how many Italian cars I had, and wanted to drive as many as possible, with opponents who would play with me endlessly.

PD could make a killing if they release a disc with 50 of these race-type A-Spec events.
The GT6 A-Spec Expansion Pack!
I would fork out a $20.00 bill with no hesitation at all.

I assume you have a tune for the car? :D Mind sharing it?

Yes please!!

My mind is boggled... when I tried the 111r I could run low 30's and thought I might get high 29 with more tuning. 28's are just insane :bowdown:

You know I love ya! :)

Elise 111R '04

120 135
7.00 7.00
5 5
6 6
7 7
0.0 0.0
.05 .20
Brakes. 6/3
Transmission, never touched it.
LSD 12/22/16
100% power/no oil change
All power adders
Stage 1 weight reduction
20 rear downforce
40kg ballast -10
334hp/206ft. 2.51 kg/hp

I did a 8:25 with a four laps in the 28's (28.303 best) but the Rocket just gives up.
Many Thanks for the tune,
I have been running a lower ride height and I thought lowering the height of the car is faster ?

Edit: It is good to see the Aliens joining in on this events. :lol:

Last edited:
Great work everybody!

The information you bring in here, lap times, cars you used, tunes for the cars that made the rabbits run the fastest, and your methods of capture, now placed on record here, is most valuable information indeed - to many, many involved in these events.

Thank you once again for the enthusiastic, cheerful, and tireless participation. You guys rock.
But that is why GTPlanet loves you. :) And, if I could only jump into the digital brains of our ready-to-play and also tireless rabbits . . . I might even assume that those speed-loving bytes are actually happy to be maxed out, too.

:cheers:
Harry.

P.S. I hope I pinned up everything new right - but if there are any errors or omissions, please let me know and I will fix them ASAP.

I'm going to adjust the rules presently (First Amendment) - and they will be in full effect (First titles to be awarded) as soon as this present round of Seasonals - Japanese 90s, Italian 500PPs, and British Lightweights are over.

At the moment it's an open competition.
Anyone in here, a member of GTPlanet, is eligible to take home the title of Beginner, Intermediate and Expert Rabbit Hunter.
This then makes it possible for the Expert Rabbit Hunters to take home all three awards.
Obviously if they are Experts, then the Beginner and Intermediate events will be Rabbit fodder to them.
With this in mind I'm going to level the playing field so that all participants will have a fair chance of seeing their name go up in lights.

In short:
If you win Expert, you are no longer eligible to be titled for the lesser skilled events.

If your time is the highest in Intermediate then you receive the Intermediate Title.
This means an Expert who entered the Expert Race and was not fast enough will have a chance at getting the Intermediate Title (If they have also entered that race and provided a graphic.)

If have have neither Intermediate or Expert Trophies at the end of the Events, but have the best time in the Beginners Race, then you get to snag the Beginners Title.
This gives a chance for Beginners to get involved and earn some kudos. No doubt as they get better they will be challenging the Intermediate Title and the Expert title, too.

You can enter times for all the Races. Beginners and Intermediates can always learn from the Experts and it is helpful when Experts show the slower drivers what is possible.

Any questions - please fire them off - I'll do my best to clarify as we work together to make these events enjoyable for all.

This message was approved by Papp.

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_1_zpsd73f08b5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to adjust the rules presently (First Amendment) - and they will be in full effect as soon as this present round of Seasonals - Japanese 90s, Italian 500PPs, and British Lightweights are over.

Anyone in here, a member of GTPlanet, is eligible to take home the title of Beginner, Intermediate and Expert Rabbit Hunter.
This then makes it possible for the Expert Rabbit Hunters to take home all three awards.
Obviously if they are Experts, then the Beginner and Intermediate events will be Rabbit fodder to them.
With this in mind I'm going to level the playing field so that all participants will have a fair chance of seeing their name go up in lights.

In short:
If you win Expert, you are no longer eligible to be titled for the lesser skilled events.

If your time is the highest in Intermediate then you receive the Intermediate Title.
This means an Expert who entered the Expert Race and was not fast enough will have a chance at getting the Intermediate Title (If they have also entered that race and provided a graphic.)

If have have neither Intermediate or Expert Trophies at the end of the Events, but have the best time in the Beginners Race, then you get to snag the Beginners Title.
This gives a chance for Beginners to get involved and earn some kudos. No doubt as they get better they will be challenging the Intermediate Title and the Expert title, too.

You can enter times for all the Races. Beginners and Intermediates can always learn from the Experts and it is helpful when Experts show the slower drivers what is possible.

Any questions - please fir them off - I'll do my best to clarify as we work together to make these events enjoyable for all.

Henceforth shall be named the "Whoosier Rule" :sly:

I'm going to adjust the rules presently (First Amendment) - and they will be in full effect (First titles to be awarded) as soon as this present round of Seasonals - Japanese 90s, Italian 500PPs, and British Lightweights are over.

In short:

Any questions - please fire them off - I'll do my best to clarify as we work together to make these events enjoyable for all.

This message was approved by Papp.

BrandsHatchGrandPrixCircuit_1_zpsd73f08b5.jpg
This is a good idea, so only one member can take home one prize for the 3 events he or she has entered. đź‘Ť

Is it strange to see on this graph that the AI can be all on sport soft and you can not select them and is that right.
PC090002.JPG

Is it strange to see on this graph that the AI can be all on sport soft and you can not select them and is that right.View attachment 270566

That is right. It's another handicap to level the playing field

I have raced this same bunch of Rabbits while using SS.

And Morvan actually has a whole bunch of Dinos, yellow, green, blue . . . you name it. Hirvonen in the red Stratos is a killer. :)
But, first, back to your question - one which others may also have in mind, though unspoken.

An Expert doing this (racing against them using SS) would be bored as heck, an Intermediate doing that would win easily (unless they handicapped themselves further) but a Beginner would find it possible, with some effort, to Gold and have the time of their life - since at that level the match between 'human not fully experienced in driving' versus 'Averagely trying to win' AI would be perfect enough to hold that particular player's (Beginner) attentions.

As a Beginner learns to handle the different compounds, PP Levels, removal of Assists, and differing characteristics of various vehicles and tracks, they, human nature being what it is (think 'strong learning mechanism' - the basis behind the immunity system) learn to drive faster, and more expertly, taking themselves up to the Intermediate level - and at this point SS against the 'Average AI' would soon get too easy.

In this particular Seasonal, this race, the AI have been adjusted to be above Average. This is the Intermediate Level. Intermediates will win some, lose some.
If a person wins, wins, wins - a person may go away saying "AI are stupid!", "AI is too darn too slow!" o TL:DR: "AI SUCKS!!"
The wise ones will move on to Expert, knowing that they have done with Beginner, and Intermediate - both levels now too easy, unless one severely cripples themselves with handicaps . . . and that wouldn't make the game fun; racing would be just a chore.

It has to be a challenge to be fun, a challenge met and conquered.

The only time an Expert would come back to a Beginner and show what timings are possible is when they are coaching - as example - WhoosierGirl. She has exemplified this in all her interactions as recorded in black, white, and a whole spectrum of colour right here in this thread; she has participated strongly and expertly, shared thoughts, tunes, tips and tricks with grace and humour, and aced all three Events at one time or another, brilliantly.
Beginners and Intermediates benefit from her joining in and doing this - she doesn't need their trophies; she has shown she can grab 'em all half asleep with one eye closed. (Though maybe not with those blistering times :D )

Same with Stotty (worth mentioning) yet another Expert who is here to share his tunes, thoughts and experience (while waiting on the sidelines to grab the Trophy away from WhoosierGirl, and other Experts hot on their heels) and the many other Experts themselves in here - clearly visible as Expert from the Timing Sheets they have posted, Timings that are split seconds apart.
As they keep pushing each other, beating each other over and over, the Timings become mind-boggling, and show us what can actually be done.
It's a great show of skill more than just 'golding'.
I should add here that that is why as a sign of respect we have instituted the 'Whoosier Rule' basically translated to mean "To Each Their Own."

But in relation, also, to your question:

Here's some good news for Rabbit Hunters in search of new Challenges:

We are going to race these same Rabbits in the same race and be given the chance to race on SS. If you wish. :)
We're going to make that the next Beginner's Challenge - as soon as this round of Seasonals is over and all the Trophies are up.

And we're going to race Papp again - on our own terms.
And we might even get to race the Rocket at full blast. On SS. Against a whole bunch of hot cars from Europe.

Now that I've made you sit up I have to leave. I have to go away for awhile; I know that sounds ominous, but fortunately I see no guys in white labcoats - just noisy children needing transport. BBS to explain.

Cheers, Rabbit Hunters - and have a Good One!!

Back