GT6 'MY HOME' HUB: Awards time.

• Thread starter photonrider
  • 3,027 comments
As I promised:

It's the return of the endearing (and enduring! :lol: ) Mr. Papp.

I had so much fun with this event - and I'm sure some of you will do, too - especially those of you who made friends with the Pappster and showed him who's the real boss. ;)

Enjoy.

But first . . . you must find him, no? :sly:

:cheers:
H.

This was a close one:

IMG_2995_zps019f0375.jpg

Papp nearly put me into the fence:

MatterhornDristelen_1_zpsba7ca869.jpg

I nailed his hide by the skin of my teeth.

MatterhornDristelen_2_zps6847b02e.jpg

Driving in rush hour traffic sometimes helps in racing, eh?

Here's the map to Papp:

IMG_3002_zps8cf936b5.jpg

Last edited:
So there, to open up the game for this set of challenges. I expect to be beaten very soon, this was actually my first go at the race, but still looked like Gasparini was on fire despite my sloppy driving.

WP_20141211_002_int.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_0002_zps8fc11880.jpg

This is going to be a major league PITA.
Push too hard and the rabbit hits the kitty litter.
Push too little and he slows down.

View attachment 272226
Hopefully this is ledgeable. Really had old mate going this time...........

Whoa!

Just noticed your PSN ID. That's just too hilarious for words.
What were the chances of having Elmer Fudd actually here in the Rabbit thread? :lol:

Alright, croozer_ 63. I think you deserve more than a little help here; you are trying so hard to help us with this project and it is only fair we give you the attention you need.

So far so good - you have actually managed to upload an image successfully. Quite a few players can't even get that far - because that is the harder part; taking the pic is easier.

The next wrinkle we have to fix is the matter of clarity. If the picture is not clear enough to you (on the computer you are using) it is not going to be clear enough for us (unless I'm using that 'special' computer the cops have - which I don't.)
When you are taking the actual photo of the screen, here are some things to remember:
#Not too close, not too far - experiment with the distance till you see the picture clearly on your camera's screen.
#Steady hand - or provide some support for the hand that is holding the camera.
#Make sure you are on auto focus and 'close-up' function selected if on a common compact camera. If the pic is too bright on the camera screen and looks 'washed out' then stop down the aperture (in other words go to the 'exposure' menu on the camera and maker it 'darker'. Too much light coming into the camera washes out the image.) If on a phone make sure that you tapped the 'focus square' that is on the center of the screen for a better capture.
#Take multiple shots - select the best one.
#Be patient - the readout of the final results that comes up on screen after the race stays up for at least 30 secs, as well - you can pause the game to shoot the screen.

I can tell you this, croozer - you will improve, and if you are still hanging out here in the years to come you will be surprised at how much your language and photographic skills would have improved.
I've seen this happen time and time again. In fact, some of the more famous shutterbugs in here came aboard GTP without a clue - and are now themselves helpful gurus.
What is important to that success is your enthusiasm - and you have loads of it. That is a powerful force.

Remember also that there is a way to prove the Rabbit's final time via the replay - but we'll get into that later.
For now keep practising and improving your Picture download skills.
This game is extremely visual. Need I say more? :D

For the moment, I can't make out the details on your graphic - if anyone else can, please let me know.

Thanks MTM79 and Vegard for the early entries - still better times than the ones I had myself :lol: so I will be putting them up shortly as the first Challenge Timings. I have over a half-dozen reasons for creating this thread - and if all goes well, in the years to come, and this thread is a 1000 pages long and the go-to thread for Rabbit information, you guys will be remembered as the pioneers of this effort. 👍

Last edited:
Whoa!

Just noticed your PSN ID. That's just too hilarious for words.
What were the chances of having Elmer Fudd actually here in the Rabbit thread? :lol:

Alright, croozer_ 63. I think you deserve more than a little help here; you are trying so hard to help us with this project and it is only fair we give you the attention you need.

So far so good - you have actually managed to upload an image successfully. Quite a few players can't even get that far - because that is the harder part; taking the pic is easier.

The next wrinkle we have to fix is the matter of clarity. If the picture is not clear enough to you (on the computer you are using) it is not going to be clear enough for us (unless I'm using that 'special' computer the cops have - which I don't.)
When you are taking the actual photo of the screen, here are some things to remember:
#Not too close, not too far - experiment with the distance till you see the picture clearly on your camera's screen.
#Steady hand - or provide some support for the hand that is holding the camera.
#Make sure you are on auto focus and 'close-up' function selected if on a common compact camera. If the pic is too bright on the camera screen and looks 'washed out' then stop down the aperture (in other words go to the 'exposure' menu on the camera and maker it 'darker'. Too much light coming into the camera washes out the image.) If on a phone make sure that you tapped the 'focus square' that is on the center of the screen for a better capture.
#Take multiple shots - select the best one.
#Be patient - the readout of the final results that comes up on screen after the race stays up for at least 30 secs, as well - you can pause the game to shoot the screen.

I can tell you this, croozer - you will improve, and if you are still hanging out here in the years to come you will be surprised at how much your language and photographic skills would have improved.
I've seen this happen time and time again. In fact, some of the more famous shutterbugs in here came aboard GTP without a clue - and are now themselves helpful gurus.
What is important to that success is your enthusiasm - and you have loads of it. That is a powerful force.

Remember also that there is a way to prove the Rabbit's final time via the replay - but we'll get into that later.
For now keep practising and improving your Picture download skills.
This game is extremely visual. Need I say more? :D

For the moment, I can't make out the details on your graphic - if anyone else can, please let me know.

Thanks MTM79 and Vegard for the early entries - still better times than the ones I had myself :lol: so I will be putting them up shortly as the first Challenge Timings. I have over a half-dozen reasons for creating this thread - and if all goes well, in the years to come, and this thread is a 1000 pages long and the go-to thread for Rabbit information, you guys will be remembered as the pioneers of this effort. 👍

Yeah, First time effort, thought you may have been able to magnify it, but anyways, all cool, thanks for the tips on taking/uploading photos.. The time was/is 1/10 sec faster than the current leaders. Funny thing, I did an even faster race just before hand, but the rabbit in the Dino basically just gave up. The race in which I had the fast rabbit, I bumped the walls a couple of times which seemed to give him hope and he increased his speed.

I got him down to a 7:13 in the TS030 with me running the 787B stealth in 7:12. I think he can get a few ticks faster.

I got him down to a 7:13 in the TS030 with me running the 787B stealth in 7:12. I think he can get a few ticks faster.

Well then, we got a winner in that right there. Vegard's time was put in there as a reference time. If you beat David in the TS030 that is good enough to go up.

Have you got a capture of that time? Please bring it in here if you could.

Remember the idea is to beat the Rabbit. Faster and faster. Until the fastest Rabbit that gets beaten is the one we can really regard as a Lead Rabbit for that event.
Quite a few rabbits win.
In one event as many as three or four different Rsbbits can come up as a winner - 1st.
Or you might beat them but it's still the same 3 or 4 that will come 2nd.
Out of these Rabbits there is one that is the fastest - we find that Rabbit and nail it. Is it David in the TS030? Or is it another rabbit?

Will the real Rabbit please stand up? :sly:

Last edited:
Yeah, its david a. I will post up a shot unless I can beat him with a faster time from him. Currently trying the R92.

Yeah, its david a. I will post up a shot unless I can beat him with a faster time from him. Currently trying the R92.

Great work! Also - wow! I used the 787B and R92 hundreds and hundreds of times while working with B-Spec Bob (the Rabbit God) in GT4 - and where I used them was at Seca. I used to study the AI for hours on end. That was also one of the main grinders for money. The other was El Capitan. Bob and I would share the duties. These are the two cars we ran. I had 3 of each.
Actually, I still do. :lol:
I remember Bob could do a blazing time at Seca 1:14s - 1:17s.
I still have written notes on all the times (including the other Stealth cars, too.)
The R92 and the 787B were the go-to cars.

Posting from my phone because I'm not really in the 'posting' environment - but hopefully I'll be back later in a better position to expand on all this further.

Nothing like a little Rabbitalk to get the carrot juice flowing.
Was thrashing a Furai at Seca and was getting in between 1:23s - 1:27s. Nowhere near the Rabbit God's times.

Bye for now.
H.

WP_20141213_003.jpg

So, had a couple of rounds with Toyota. She sure can fly. Was just about to find my speed, did the last lap in 1:15.5. Need to call it a day now and get back to this one later.

I cant seem to upload a picture from my phone to here.

Edit, uploaded to photobucket instead
20141212_171752_zps6981fc02.jpg

Im sure he can go faster. But he makes silly mistakes. I went faster as well, but the gap was too big and he actually did 7:04, this was the lowest I saw in 4 tries. I find his name pretty close to another British driver who pilots a Toyota Hybrid- A(nthony) David(son) :D

Last edited:
I had him going, I did a 6:55 race and he was with me till the last corner. He overshot it trying to brake late and finished 9.xxx seconds back with a 7:04.xxx. I gave up after that.

I had him going, I did a 6:55 race and he was with me till the last corner. He overshot it trying to brake late and finished 9.xxx seconds back with a 7:04.xxx. I gave up after that.

That was a most gallant attempt, trustjab, and says a lot about your determination as well as driving prowess.
Many players would have shrugged this challenge off with a "Ah, too easy," comment, but it is obviously not. Easier said than done - and it shows from the entries that we get - it's a brutal process.
What have we proven with this exercise?
We have shown that the Rabbits react to us, to our choice of car and to our racing prowess.
The faster you are at racing, the faster the Rabbits will race you.
This is why some players have actually won this event and golded while still running 8:00 + times.
Others like you and Hall90 gave them a sub 7:00 race and they still raced with you.

I am amazed that while having such intelligent and intuitive AI, there are players out there that say "schtoopeed AI!" merely because such players couldn't get the best out of these Virtual Racers, either taking a bazoooka to the stick fight, or not realising that the AI make 'human-like' mistakes.

For example, whenever I have raced at Seca online, I have seen players, even good ones, take dives into the sandtraps. And it happens IRL, too, to both amateur and professional racers who use Laguna Seca.
Why wouldn't the Rabbits (who are modeled after expert human racers,) do the same, eh? :)

Once again - a great effort by all of you who showed us how fast Rabbits can really run. I'm sure you also enjoyed some of the races, as well as the heaping pile of credits.
Time to buy that 20 M Jag? :lol:
I did.

PS: Maybe we can also give the final winning entrant in these events the right to 'christen' (or baptize or whack a bottle of champagne over their heads - whatever it takes) the Rabbits they beat and give them first names. Anthony . . . eh?
What's Papp's first name then? Elmer? Or maybe Papp is not a Bob after all but a Bobbette.
Only WhoosierGirl will know. :sly:

Last edited:
I think if you run a 1:17 the first lap and 1:15's every other lap, you'll get him close. A. David needs a car to be slower than him by a good margin it seems. I had a combo of him and someone else in a McLaren F1 GTR premium, that car stayed with him so it was almost 2 rabbits. But when I got to lap 3 doing 1:15's, the McLaren passed the TS030 with a mistake. Later the next lap (lap 4) the McLaren makes a mistake in turn 1 and I take the lead. The TS030 takes 2nd and closes from 8 seconds back to 6 at the finish. I didnt see the Live Timing on that race, but he must have ran a 1:14 or faster to lessen the gap because I was doing 1:15.2's.

Last edited:
So we are allowed to use SRF and other driving aids?
I drive with only ABS 1 and my times are no where close to some of yours. :crazy:

For 3 races I race A. David in the 6:55s and each time he has gone into the sand pit on the last lap and he is always behind me when he does it, but I can not get him to stay on the track and see how fast he can go.
PC140002.JPG

For 3 races I race A. David in the 6:55s and each time he has gone into the sand pit on the last lap and he is always behind me when he does it, but I can not get him to stay on the track and see how fast he can go.View attachment 273580
Thats exactly what happened to me, 3 or 4 times in a row actually! He seems like he is at his limit. Did he go off at the last turn or the one before it?

Thats exactly what happened to me, 3 or 4 times in a row actually! He seems like he is at his limit. Did he go off at the last turn or the one before it?
One on the last corner, the other two at the start of the corkscrew sand pit. When I race A. David at a slower lap time he stays on the track.

Last edited:
I can confirm that - with the appropriate pictorial evidence.

When pushed he is programmed to go faster - and as any racer would, then gets into trouble.

Maybe he is here to prove that finishing first means first finishing.

Off to work now - very busy environment, not conducive to posting - but back later tonight hopefully to address some issues about Rabbits that were brought-up in other threads.

Happy hunting. I see no one has taken Papp's bait - I can't be the fastest up and down that hill? :boggled:

I can confirm that - with the appropriate pictorial evidence.

When pushed he is programmed to go faster - and as any racer would, then gets into trouble.

Maybe he is here to prove that finishing first means first finishing.

Off to work now - very busy environment, not conducive to posting - but back later tonight hopefully to address some issues about Rabbits that were brought-up in other threads.

Happy hunting. I see no one has taken Papp's bait - I can't be the fastest up and down that hill? :boggled:
Who and where is papp?

Who and where is papp?

The fastest rabbit from the last set of seasonal A-spec races, more precisely the expert race. He is also the one to beat in the bonus round of rabbit hunting hq at the moment. See messages #1, #2 and #61 of this thread.

I see no one has taken Papp's bait - I can't be the fastest up and down that hill? :boggled:

WP_20141217_003.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for filling in for me MTM79 - pre-vacation work has me by the throat. Well done on the challenge - if I was putting together a racing team I would have no hesitation contacting you.

Back soon, as soon as work-shackles are sloughed off.

Enjoy!

Where can papp be found since the seasonal is done?

Heh heh.

Papp was always around. Every car in the game has its driver attached to it.
A. David, who drives the Toyota Hybrid is a new driver because that is a recent car. But, the Rocket has not only been with us some time, we have raced Papp before.
Clues are in the first post on this page.

Many of the challenges to come will also be offline challenges, not only online challenges. This gives an opportunity for us to also compete using the A-Spec Events.

As well, when B-Spec arrives, we will also compete with each other via B-Spec challenges.
Your rabbits against mine. :lol:

To find Papp in the relevant A-Spec challenge is the first part of the challenge; rabbits tend to hide. Once you find him, nail him.

He's quite fierce on his home ground.

It's a great event actually - try a Rocket against him for extreme difficulty. The 111R that I used is also a fair weapon.

------------------

These exercises are valuable; racing is only one of the disciplines where driving is a factor. Ask a C&D test pilot. But after that you have to write, too!

Good luck!

So we are allowed to use SRF and other driving aids?
I drive with only ABS 1 and my times are no where close to some of yours. :crazy:

Good question.
All the challenges at present are not affected by how you 'soup-up' your car. It's no point blazing away as fast as you can - Papp refuses to play - the same way people would refuse to play with you if you came to play marbles armed with basketballs.

For now the exercise is to prove that the AI are flexible and will adjust to 'logical' demands. Which, I have to admit, the proof of the pudding has definitely been in the eating.
Want a good race? It's there - and within a system of programming tailored to cater to millions of different types of drivers. Find your Golden Mean. Then enjoy to your heart's content. :)

OP updated with new time-sheets.

BBL with more info.

Anybody got a Time Sheet showing Final Time in the Survival Seasonal?

Doesn't matter how fast the Rabbits went - just the fastest overall time and what car. This would help to get a Holiday Challenge started here. What would be most interesting is (a) car used, and (b) overall time taken.
Obviously fastest overall time will make the Wall of Fame when event ends.

I took the 2D to the event but got soundly thrashed so no point me putting that hide up. I think times we are looking at would be in the 20:00:00 - 21:00:00 range; this seems to be the fastest the Rabbits run in that event.

Remember - the rabbit times are not important in this one (though it's always interesting to see how they work) - but the fastest overall time for the 10 laps - and what car.

Thanks again to all who contribute!

Back