GT6 Official Car List Impressions/Thoughts

• Thread starter Prototyp3
  • 987 comments
This news, featuring a new team for Super GT? It looks like the Autobacs Racing Team Aguri from 2009 season. https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-tv-commercials-debut-in-japan/
gt6cars-638x288.jpg

Totally agree. There's something uniquely addictive to classics and the R8 Gordini has a special place in every French motorsports fan's heart along with say the Alpine A110, Simca 1000, 205 T16, R5 Turbo and 405 T16. I'm really happy it's been included and I can't wait to race it around the likes of Bathurst.

What makes the R8 interesting to me is that the engine is in the back of the car, which means its an RR right ? Im just curious on how it handles. Gosh that car just grow and grow on me.

Hope to see a "GT Original Classics" Pack in the future. With cars such as:

Tomica Nissan Skyline KDR30 Super Silhouette
Aston Martin DB6

Ford GT90 '95
HKS Drag R33 / HKS Drag 180SX
Honda Accord Sir-T '97
Jaguar XJR-15
Mazdaspeed MX-5 C spec
Mazda RX-7 GT-Turbo '83
Honda Accord Type R '99
Mazdaspeed RX-7 GTC '99
Mugen Civic Type-R
Mugen Civic Pro 2
Nissan 300ZX JGTC '97
Mercedes-Benz C43 AMG
Renault Espace F1 '95

TOM's Supra
TOM's T111
Tommy Kiara R '95 / '99
Toyota Chaser '96
Toyota Mark II '92
Momo Corse Apex MR-2 GT
TRD 3000GT

TRD Chaser Sports X30
BP Apex Craft Trueno GT
Vector M12 / LM Edition
Vector W8 Twin Turbo
Venturi 600 LM

Plus the Nissan Pulsar GTi-R.

Great idea for a car pack. The Venturi and Vector are so often overlooked. Those I've put in bold are ones that I personally really miss.

And yet the Toyota 2000GT is of premium quality and not listed as "new".

Didn't even think about that. The supra will probably be like that too then. But it most likely won't have an interior like the "new" old cars.

And yet the Toyota 2000GT is of premium quality and not listed as "new".

It's seemingly "Premium quality" on the outside. We've not seen its interior yet - it's possible it doesn't have one beyond what it had in GT4 / 5.

We can probably safely add the Sauber C9 to that category now, too. There will likely be others, but how many we won't know for sure until we get the game.

It's clear that some "Standards" are more or less the same as they were in GT5, too, however - perhaps with some tessellation-enabled smoothing of the lighting, silhouettes and so on to take the edge off them a bit.

Didn't even think about that. The supra will probably be like that too then. But it most likely won't have an interior like the "new" old cars.

Note that all those "new" cars on there are not the only premiums in the game.

We've no idea what cars have gone fully premium, cars like the MKIV Supra could turn out to be premium.

The "new" list is just cars making their first appearance in the series. (Albeit, some are just newer models)

We've no idea what cars have gone fully premium, cars like the MKIV Supra could turn out to be premium.

Unlikely. I think they would have told customers that by now if it were true, particularly because the MKIV Supra is so popular. I guess they were too excited about having the Lunar Rover as a premium and let it slip ;)

34 street versions of the Miata, 1 of those is 7 years old, the other 33 are all 10+ years old.
Except for the Nissan GT-R, PD can't even update the cars that it is beating us to death with.

Unlikely. I think they would have told customers that by now if it were true, particularly because the MKIV Supra is so popular. I guess they were too excited about having the Lunar Rover as a premium and let it slip ;)

Hmm... well there's still quite a few cats to be let out of the bag.

Dec 2nd we are promised a bunch of new information on the game at the launch party.

Then of course, we will be playing the game that same week, so let's wait and see.

34 street versions of the Miata, 1 of those is 7 years old, the other 33 are all 10+ years old.
Except for the Nissan GT-R, PD can't even update the cars that it has beaten us to death with.

It would be difficult because most of the duplicates are Skylines, Miatas, S2000s, Lancers. Supras and Lancers are no longer in production (maybe the Evo X still is..?) and so that only leaves the GT-Rs and Miatas. We've got the latest Fit, Demio & Vitz though! :D

Hmm... well there's still quite a few cats to be let out of the bag.

Dec 2nd we are promised a bunch of new information on the game at the launch party.

Then of course, we will be playing the game that same week, so let's wait and see.

If that's true, I may just refrain from looking up the new info here after December 2nd. Would be nice to get the game on Friday and have a few surprises.....

Could it be possible that PD wasn't able to get a hold of an un-riced Supra so that they wasn't able to get one to model?

Could it be possible that PD wasn't able to get a hold of an un-riced Supra so that they wasn't able to get one to model?
No way! I'm in the states and have seen two non turbo just this week...and a couple months ago a white rz stock "looking"...they are considered relatively rare here. Japan, they are not at all.

It would be difficult because most of the duplicates are Skylines, Miatas, S2000s, Lancers. Supras and Lancers are no longer in production (maybe the Evo X still is..?) and so that only leaves the GT-Rs and Miatas. We've got the latest Fit, Demio & Vitz though! :D

Most are discontinued but they could at least give us Premiums of the Supra MKV, MX5 2013 and older Evo's like the 3, 5 and 8. I'm not even going to bother hoping for cars like the R32 GTS-T sedan, JZX90 Chaser or JZX110 Mark II to ever be included in GT.

2005-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-wagon-5.jpg

And what i already said before, PD needs to really look back at the type of cars that made Gran Turismo what it is. Because they have been really neglecting JDM cars lately! Its unbelievable that PD hasn't included a car like the EVO IX wagon into GT yet.

The "new" list is just cars making their first appearance in the series. (Albeit, some are just newer models)

I don't doubt that, but the Stratos is only listed once in the new to GT portion. It's not listed anywhere else on the list. But the list is "subject to change", so we'll probably be seeing a lot more cars upgraded.

Well if it had a certain logo on the front with a N it would probably have had it long ago.

Maybe they just didn't list it. That's what i'm hoping for.

Like SERIOUSLY, THOUGH! WHAT is wrong with the folks at Polyphony?

HAHAHA! Oh, man... I remember joking with my friends on GT5 about how Yamauchi may have gotten smoked on the streets of Japan by a Supra, in his brand new (at the time) R33 GTR. Maybe he's to blame? Kazunori Yamauchi may have a grudge against the car. Who knows.

The '13 Veyron has onboard speedo in MPH, does '09 have the same dials or maybe in KPH?

It's a french car, strange that they took US version....

Back