GT7 is just GT Sport+ (Trailer Breakdown)

United States
United States
First off, I want to start with the biggest glaring issue that I have seen from this trailer. I will add more posts but I wanted to start off with the biggest FU we got from PD regarding GT7.

The big red flag that GT7 is just a continuation of GT Sport and that both games will be running concurrently within the Gran Turismo Tournament series. The implications of this are pretty glaring for what we all were hoping we would get with a new iteration, we will NOT get a new physics model that will harness the power of the PS5.

Bm1fXPB.png

As you can see from the capture of the GT7 menu that "GT Sport Live" is included. As you may know, this includes videos from the tournament event series. This means that GT7 will participate in the GT Sport tournament series because it wouldn't be included in a game that didn't have it.

What does this mean?
  • GT 7's online multiplayer section will in fact be GT Sports Weekly Race and Tournament Series, they are and will be exactly the same.
  • GT 7 will have the same exact physics as GT Sport
  • GT 7 will not utilize the PS5's power for a better physics model
Another dead giveaway:

KzwqZko.png

This "Multiplayer" section is definitely a pretty bland placeholder. Never has any modern online game ever used the term "multiplayer", PD does not use that terminology either.

The reason behind the disguise is the fact that this will actually be called "GT Sport". In line with the rest of the naming scheme from this menu.

Yes, GT Sport's online portion will be the core of GT7 online racing.

If you are an online racer only and don't care about career mode, why would you buy this game? Just the upscaled (2)4k and 120Hz rate?

I'll add some more contentious points from the trailer in subsequent posts.

Last edited:
Lol. It’s too early to tell what will eventuate; or even what stage of development the trailer footage is from. Plus any updates that might come in future after the game is released.

I’ve watched the trailer a couple of times and I’m excited. I’ll save any disappointment for release.

Just got around to watching it on a 4K TV right up close in my normal seating position and I’m pretty happy with the visual upgrade at an early stage.

The latest Call of duty (Modern Warfare) uses the term 'multiplayer' on the home screen. One of the biggest grossing games.......

Every FPS is "multiplayer" that is the naming convention for the genre. Never seen a Sim use it though. But great job trying.

Lets just start with the menu and the big ticket items shown.

GT World
GT Cafe
GT Auto
Multiplayer

Yeah... A+ bud.

Did it ever occur to you that “GT Sport” is just a mode based on Sport mode

You act like clicking it will magically transform the game back into GTS

"GT Sport Live" is in both games.

They are and will be the exact same.

It's not rocket science

Arcade mode is in GT Sport and in GT4

If I click arcade mode in GT Sport does the game transform into GT4?

That’s how you sound right now

Except the fact that we've all seen the trailer and have seen the footage.

GT 7 will be a continuation of GT Sport, GTS is in GT 7.

I will wager you $100 *right now* that GT Sport and GT 7 will be racing on the same exact servers, cross platform, in the same exact races.

I will wager you $100 *right now* that GT Sport and GT 7 will be racing on the same exact servers, cross platform, in the same exact races.

And that's supposed to be a bad thing? GTSport was a success so I don't see the issue here. It's impossible to have crossplay when both games don't share the same content. How PS4 players is going to race in Trial Mountain?

This is going to be the easiest $100 I’ll ever make

Would love for you to explain how any of that will work when GT7s already shown off multiple tracks and cars that aren’t in GTS, and GT7 is exclusive to the PS5. Oh, and explain why they’d use GT Sport for their competitive multiplayer setting when it’s very well known that the swap between current gen and next gen is going to be much faster than before?

I’ll wait

I'm having difficulty grasping how one can be this furious about something that's nowhere near finished yet, without having any information other than a batch of potential placeholder visuals.

Once again, the game's definitely not finished. Probably won't be close even till this time next year, and that's a stretch even.

And that's supposed to be a bad thing? GTSport was a success so I don't see the issue here. It's impossible to have crossplay when both games doesn't have the same content. How PS4 players is going to race in Trial Mountain?

Considering that GT Sport online is only GT4-Gr1 and some one off N200 and N300 cars... AND that GT Sport online only uses the same tracks over and over, there are many tracks in GT Sport that aren't used in the online races and tournaments.

Its just going to be certain cars, GT4-Gr1 and some one offs just like GTS, being on both consoles, probably some added cars to GTS after GT7 release... same situation with the tracks. Only those available on both consoles.

PD wants to keep the GT Sport Series going, and are going to keep GTS relevant for their Tournaments.

Read my post. My questions is, why would anyone buy the new game if all you do is play GT Sport online races?

F1 2019 says hello. And even if you don’t consider it the best sim, GT doesn’t quite have the road feel/physics depth of sims like Project CARS 2 or Assetto Corsa so the two are sort of on similar ground in that respect.

It's because F1 2019 is made by idiots. LOL, worst franchise ever.

From your comments in the GT7 thread I didn't realize just how far you were stretching things, like even if Conclusions was on the top of a 100 story tall building you'd still be able to jump to it in one go with this post. But I did run out of salt at home, so please, keep going.

I know a lot of you want to disagree with me about this, but based on the tracks available, the cars shown in the game, and the menu.

GT7 and GT Sport WILL have the same online races, love it or hate it.

GT7 is going to be release in a fews months and GT Sport is their only PS4 title, they will not be killing it anytime soon, their Sports series tournament is their pride and joy.

Far FAR FAAAAR too early to come to any conclusions at this point, besides its already been known that GT Sport is clearly the foundation that GT7 is going to keep building on, except the game will have traditional game modes and feautures of past GT irretations.

Physics is way too early too judge and after all GT5 and GT6 shared similarities but both had a different Physics engine.

Visuals: I mean at this point what else can we expect? GT Sport already looks really good and I can only expect PS5 to up game resolutions, textures/LOD and other graphical upgrades.

Sounds: Yes it seems to be using the same engine notes and samples of GT Sport but there will definately be improvements/tweaks as time passes. And one can only hope how the Tempest audio will affect this.

So relax your bun and wait for actual information regarding all what you have claimed.

You must have only played the best of the best if you think the F1 games are the worst racers out there. Also, I’d say it’s pretty well put together, a good amount of content and it looks great. Drives pretty well, too.

meh, yeah definitely has that "real racing" feeling /s

I know a lot of you want to disagree with me about this, but based on the tracks available, the cars shown in the game, and the menu.

GT7 and GT Sport WILL have the same online races, love it or hate it.

GT7 is going to be release in a fews months and GT Sport is their only PS4 title, they will not be killing it anytime soon, their Sports series tournament is their pride and joy.
Yeah, nah, there is no way GT7 is launching alongside the PS5. There’s still work to be done and they would’ve advertised it as releasing in late 2020 otherwise.

Yeah, nah, there is no way GT7 is launching alongside the PS5. There’s still work to be done and they would’ve advertised it as releasing in late 2020 otherwise.

It's almost done, they've already said that publicly. I betting it's going to drop Spring 2021

Latest Posts

Back